Scrafty

and if it was then it would not be worth using on him. you are 2 generations behind btw.

i found the DD sets to be very easy to deal with. its just lacking speed, the bulk up ones on the other hand are a giant headache to deal with.

Crunch is only super effective to two really rare types and resisted by alot of common pokemon in OU and since justice heart came out and we know those musketeers are going to be OU (maybe not cobaluon) yeah crunch isn't special.
Ghosts and Psychics aren't rare competitively, and Justice Heart does not affect Dark-type effectiveness. Dark and Fighting is excellent dual stab.

Payback is better on a Bulk Up set, while DD would prefer Crunch.

Ghosts and Psychics aren't rare competitively, and Justice Heart does not affect Dark-type effectiveness. Dark and Fighting is excellent dual stab.

Payback is better on a Bulk Up set, while DD would prefer Crunch.
I figure he meant that a Justice Heart user can come in on a resisted Crunch and get a +1 Attack.

I figure he meant that a Justice Heart user can come in on a resisted Crunch and get a +1 Attack.
In that case, only the Musketeers, Lucario and Absol resist Dark, and all of those except Kerudio and Birijion are weak to Fighting. Gengar and Shandera are two of the top Pokemon in terms of usage.

There's no reason for Zuruzukin not to use his awesome dual STAB.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
However, I really, really doubt you'd want to leave Zuruzukin in on any of those, since they're going to OHKO without question. Especially after that free +1.

I have been using Zuruzukin in my TR team. He is amazing in and out of it and smashes shit up late game. This is the set.

Zuruzukin @ Leftovers
Careful/Sassy nature
Shed Skin
252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
-Bulk Up
-Rest
-Drain Punch
-Payback
Crunch is an option over Payback (Payback is somewhat nerfed now, making half damage on switchings).

Only problems are bulky fighting-types before you Bulk Up and Sacred Sword.
...and random criticals :(

...and random criticals :(

His low Hp doesn't help him at all.

easy counter for zuruzukin after set up any fighting type poke with death gambit will OHKO him Even after 6 bulk ups.

still he walls dragon types pretty nicely, I prefer Ice punch to dragon claw since most OU dragons are 4x weak to ice that will get you some crucial OHKO's against bulky Dnite and Salamence which you don't want to miss out on.

So tell me, how effective is Rest on this thing with Shed Shell? I'd imagine a bulky spread with Bulk Up/Rest/two attack moves would be pretty sufficient.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
So tell me, how effective is Rest on this thing with Shed Shell? I'd imagine a bulky spread with Bulk Up/Rest/two attack moves would be pretty sufficient.
could work but you got drain punch for recovery already and thanks to shed skin status isn't in issue too.
but i think a set with

-HJK
-Crunch
-Rest
-Bulk up

could work great

Still love this thing, I'm considering breeding for it.

I find it interesting that this and Roopushin have Bulk Up sets as the best sets to use (not that Roopushin has much else) and not Dragon Dance (for Zuru). Sort of shows the lack of a need of speed for these guys.

Wow this thing is ridiculously good, just get a couple of bulkup’s in, you’re good to go, mine got 4 bulkup’s up and it swept my opponents team, regardless of how they are rated and it does have a few solid counters, I think this pokemon is very good.

Zuruzukin @ Leftovers
Careful nature
Shed Skin
252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
-Bulk Up
-Rest
-Drain Punch
-Crunch

I used this set, drainpunch is very handy and it recovers a nice portion of its HP with the help of bulkup.
Rest with shed skin, it's help me out alot and very nice it got this niche.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Am I the only one who runs HJK on Bulk Up sets? Aside from the power increase allowing him to take on bulkier foes, it allows him to do a much better job at countering Doryuuzu since it OHKOs right away and you don't have to worry about not dealing sufficient damage before he 2HKOs. With Intimidate and max/max defense, physical Pokemon in general have a bitch of a time getting rid of him.

Careful, 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD is his best spread for Bulk Up sets. Careful is an obvious choice because your defense is being boosted by Bulk Up, and the EVs are the most efficient according to X-Act's applet. 334/306/319 defenses are very impressive, and he has a great typing as well. Switching into Tyranitar's Crunch is hilarious, taking laughable damage. With one Bulk Up under its belt, +0 Lucario can't OHKO with Close Combat, doing 76% - 90.4%. Meanwhile, you can Drain Punch for the OHKO and gain some health back. Rest + Shed Skin means it is basically impervious to status. Choice Specs Latios does 76.3% - 89.8% with Draco Meteor, and it is hilarious when you simply Crunch it or Rest off the damage. I've been running Leftovers, Shed Skin, Careful; 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD, Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Crunch, Rest.

Another set I've used is a SubPuncher, which works well. 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe with an Adamant nature provides good bulk and power. Substitute / Focus Punch / Payback / Head Smash can dish out a lot of damage. Intimidate is an excellent ability for a SubPuncher, which is why I'm using it over say, Roobushin (along with a more powerful Payback).

I'm tempted to try out a Dragon Dance set utilizing Overconfidence. It reaches 354 speed and 418 attack after a Dragon Dance. +1 Hi Jump Kick does 52.2% - 61.6% to 252/252+ Suicune.

I must say, I wasn't confident in this thing's ability, but it has turned out to be a wonderful asset to any offensive team.

The Moveset I have been using is this:
Zuruzukin: Shed Skin: Leftovers
Impish: 216 HP, 36 ATK, 160 DEF, 96 SDEF
Amnesia
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Crunch

This moveset utilizes Zuruzukin's tankish ability. With Shed Skin to allow him to recover from status, the main boon to this set is it's speed.
The Natures and EV's are set to show his great attack, defense, and speicla defense stats. With one Amnesia, his special defense jumps to 580. Bulk up, his attack and defense go to 337 and 504 respectively. Drain Punch allows for some extra life gain from super effective attacks from fighting and flying moves or just to put him back into a safe range. Crunch is on the other side of the spectrum giving him another STAB moev and decent coverage.

Zuruzukin is very vesatile and I think that we can make up many great movesets that will benefit different teams with his typing and defenses!

This guy is a BEAST. seriously, RestBulkUp DEMOLISHES. Shed Skin gets rid of sleep randomly, so I rarely have the full 2 turn wait. Shed Skin also gets rid of the sweep-ruiners, like Paralysis, Toxic, Burn, Sleep. It's great when ghosts try to WoW me, because you can just Bulk Up with impunity and wait for SS to get rid of it(or rest it off).

Haha, so I was looking into new pokemon to use and I got to this guy and was like "Why is this rubber chicken so damn amazing!?" I'm definitely going to try many sets, but this is one I really want to try, particularly in doubles:

"Bojangles"
Zuruzukin
Shed Skin
Adamant/Impish
@Leftovers
252 HP, 128 DF, 128 SD (there's probably much better EVs, but you know)
Bulk Up
Amnesia
Drain Punch
Dragon Tail /Taunt

Increase his already amazing bulk boosted by his wonderful typing. Drain Punch(75 BP with STAB and Bulk Up is pretty awesome) to heal and sweep after the bulk ups, Dragon Tail to phaze (and damage) ghosts and other threats (with enough stat ups not many things will be). Phazers are a problem, so Taunt could be used to stop them, but without Amnesia or Dragon Tail Shandera runs all over you. Would work lovely with Entry Hazard support.

Edit: Just noticed Threshold's set is extremely close to mine. lol Good set!

Haha, so I was looking into new pokemon to use and I got to this guy and was like "Why is this rubber chicken so damn amazing!?" I'm definitely going to try many sets, but this is one I really want to try, particularly in doubles:

"Bojangles"
Zuruzukin
Shed Skin
Adamant/Impish
@Leftovers
252 HP, 128 DF, 128 SD (there's probably much better EVs, but you know)
Bulk Up
Amnesia
Drain Punch
Dragon Tail /Taunt

Increase his already amazing bulk boosted by his wonderful typing. Drain Punch(75 BP with STAB and Bulk Up is pretty awesome) to heal and sweep after the bulk ups, Dragon Tail to phaze (and damage) ghosts and other threats (with enough stat ups not many things will be). Phazers are a problem, so Taunt could be used to stop them, but without Amnesia or Dragon Tail Shandera runs all over you. Would work lovely with Entry Hazard support.
I don't think taunt would work well with Zuru as he's not fast enough to prevent the things he needs to taunt, including taunt itself (as bulky pokes that would tend to switch in on Zuru such as Skarmory & Swampert tend to carry that on top of roar/whirlwind - both of which outspeed him). Also by sticking to too much boosting moves I find it leaves Zuruzukin even easier to shutdown through trick as Zuruzukin is one of those predictable pokemon you know will set up and sending in something that easily resists him to set up on him (his atk power won't exactly be OHKOing resists). I would much rather run Dragon Tail as it provides additional coverage - in hitting dragons hard - and it at least allows you to phaze out Roobushin who usually would come in to set up on you or Hippowdon (who will most likely Roar you out).

I don't think taunt would work well with Zuru as he's not fast enough to prevent the things he needs to taunt, including taunt itself (as bulky pokes that would tend to switch in on Zuru such as Skarmory & Swampert tend to carry that on top of roar/whirlwind - both of which outspeed him). Also by sticking to too much boosting moves I find it leaves Zuruzukin even easier to shutdown through trick as Zuruzukin is one of those predictable pokemon you know will set up and sending in something that easily resists him to set up on him (his atk power won't exactly be OHKOing resists). I would much rather run Dragon Tail as it provides additional coverage - in hitting dragons hard - and it at least allows you to phaze out Roobushin who usually would come in to set up on you or Hippowdon (who will most likely Roar you out).
Roar/Whirlwind have negative priority, so the Taunt would go first.

wait what? did you just said swampert run taunt?
Oh wait you're right he doesn't but its more of Skar with whirlwind or Barujina that does.

Edit: Looking at old logs it was Yawn that he used on my Zuru XD. But I don't think yawn is all that common compared to roar. Still I'd stick to dragontail if only to get rid of Roobushin - if he's still around that time - rather than taunting him as he's incredibly bulky and can hit Zuru real hard even with his bulk ups. Hippowdon's another thing I'd rather be rid of altogether with dragontail since he's also quite bulky and tough to kill (though he hits far less hard than Roobu).

ropushin is one of the best counters to this guy. he can get free bulk ups and just hit back with his massive attack and SE drain punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)