ORAS OU Second generation OU ORAS

Hello everyone, this is my first topic and I want to share with you guys this team.

Second generation is my favorite of all, so I made a team with only pokemon of this generation, I know there is no mega-eovlution, however, I'd like that discuss with me what do you think about this team.

Greetings.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 242 HP / 104 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- U-turn
- Night Shade

Xatu is one of the most importants pokemon in this team thanks to his ability is suposed to be the barrier against some menaces like toxic , spikes... the moveset is plain to be very defensive.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Azurril thanks to his ability plays the role of sweper in the team I think the moveset is the best for azumarill.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Gligar is the tank and is used also to stop boosters and try to use stealth rock, but is not his mainly function.

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Agility

Kingdra uses his ability to be a great wallbreaker dealing always critical hits with energy focus.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Feraligatr hit in the middle game using dragon dance and trying to sweep everything.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Extreme Speed
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raikou is used for high speed and type coverage also as special wall with assault vest.

So this is all, I would be grateful if any change is with another pokemon of second generation. :)​

Last edited:
Greetings. As per forum rules you are required to have a description for each of your pokemon. This is to make the raters job easier as we know what purpose each mon has on the team.
#4. Be descriptive. Be as detailed as possible. Each Pokémon on your team should have a small paragraph describing these 3 things: 1) A reason for choosing that Pokémon, 2) the Pokémon's role on the team, and 3) a short description of its set. Don't forget to mention exactly what your Pokémon brings to the team.

If you do not fix this a moderator will likely lock this thread.

Oh no! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your thread is going to get blocked as it lacks detail. Smogon requires that all threads to be somewhat detailed; explaining why you're using the Pokemon you chose for your team. Try to quickly add some details to your team, or your thread will be permanently locked (Smogon's rules).

P.S: I'll try to quickly rate your team before it gets locked :)
Here are the changes I recommend...
Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- U-turn

He can set up screens which will help the team set up and potentially sweep. With Taunt he can also prevent the opponent from setting up status and hazards (like Xatu's ability). Replace Xatu.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Jolly allows Feraligatr to out speed so many pokemon. It is very useful, because without it various fast Pokemon will out speed it, and KO it easily.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Not only does Landorus-T have a similar typing to Gliscor, but it's much more powerful. This set will allow you to out speed and hopefully sweep late-game. Replace Gliscor.

Note: These changes aren't the best, but it's definitely an improvement. With that, I wish you the best of luck in battling!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)