Setrack bot: your mum*

This team achieved a goal I have had for some time now - to get into the 1400s. It has many surprises and I've grown quite fond of it. But with your help, I'm sure it can get much better.

Drifblim (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
IVs: 3 Hp/2 Def
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Hidden Power [Fighting] 70
- Destiny Bond
- Charge Beam
- Hypnosis

This is a special Driftblim made by Junaia (?) on Shoddy that was tweaked by me. driftblim's ability works with unburdern, allowing it to outspeed a ton of pokemon. Then suicide with D Bond. The Ivs are tailor made to make sure Driftblim gets the best chance of being OHKOed as possible without having a negative impact on the HP. Hp Fighting is for Weavile and TTar leads. Sleep something, then DBond when the new poke comes in. Works quite well, infact. I susually get a kill out of it, infact.
---
Garchomp (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 78 Atk/252 Spd/180 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Outrage

Suicide attacker. But Outrage hits HARD. The Evs are to ensure it takes a Ice Beam from walls like Slowbro while it gets the salac boost and sweeps. Surprises a lot of people and one of the many twists this team has.
---
Blissey
(F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 110 HP/252 Def/148 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled

Strandard. I'm pretty sure you all know how this works. Handles most special threats quite nicely. :toast:
---
Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SAtk
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split

Strandard. Very underated as it can take on SD Luke, Heracross and Mamoswine. Thunderbolt allows it to become a sturdy Gyarados counter. Flamethrower takes out the afformentioned threats. Will o Wisp cripples any other physical sweepers. Forms a very strong defensive base with Blissey.
---
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Surf
- Roar

CM Cune is teh bomb! Roar acts as my phazer and also functions as my sturdy Special Sweeper. I don't really like having Surf as my only attacking move on Suicune.
---
Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 22 HP/252 Atk/236 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Explosion

Special Set made by me. The Evs are there to outspeed MAX speed Nape by 2. Revenge kills Mixape with EQ and kills Garchomp with Ice Punch. Ice Punch hits Dragons while EQ take care of Infernape. Explosion takes out enemy walls and other bulky sweepers. I like this alot, actually.

Major Threats

Infernape: The only answer I have to mixape is Metagross acting as a revenge killer. Without Metagross though, it's gg.

Garchomp: See above, though Weezing can maim it with Will O wisp and Suicune can take it on to a certain extent. I'm not too sure I have one TBH but according to Junior I do.

Celebi: Walls my squad completely. Only Metagross and Garchomp can (to a limited extent) take it on but without those 2, I'm finished.

Specs Lucario: See Infernape.

Overview

Thanks for all rates, fixes and :chaos:!

For what you're doing with Drifblim, why couldn't you just use Gengar with like the exact same purpose, and perhaps better moveset in Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Destiny Bond or something. I doubt the usage of something inferior just to surprise the opponent offsets that the other superior Poke does it well.

What also seems to hurt this team is lack of Stealth Rocks. I'd try to slap that on Blissey or whatever else you're planning to exchange, but it's needed.

For what you're doing with Drifblim, why couldn't you just use Gengar with like the exact same purpose, and perhaps better moveset in Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Destiny Bond or something. I doubt the usage of something inferior just to surprise the opponent offsets that the other superior Poke does it well.

Oops, I should have explained this in the Original Post. Focus sash works with Unburden, allowing it to outspeed a ton of pokemon. But yeah, I was thinking about using Gengar at one stage.

What also seems to hurt this team is lack of Stealth Rocks. I'd try to slap that on Blissey or whatever else you're planning to exchange, but it's needed.

My feelings exactly but what can I dump to make room for it? Pretty much all moves on Bliss are useful, it's not like it has a filler I can easily dump.
@ Setrack: I'll look into it.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
A Calm Mind/Psychic/Ice Beam/Moonlight (or Rest if you would prefer) Cresselia over CMCune would help take on all these threats that you are weak to. The only problem is Moonlight in a Sandstorm, in which case you may want Rest over it, or even Rest/Sleep Talk over CM/Moonlight. Your team is pretty slow though, something like Dugtrio actually outspeeds your entire team which isn't something that you'd want. Although it is a lesser threat, Sub/Leech Seed Sceptile is also faster then your whole team, so that may be a bit of an annoyance. So yeah speed issues and lack of priority are what hurts you most. That and the fact that you rely so heavily on ScarfGross to take on major threats when something as simple as Dugtrio destroys it.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I said you had a Chomp counter?

While being able to take hits, it can't really threaten it. You really want Ice Beam on Suicune to allow it to be a more effective Garchomp 'counter'. In this case, I would take off Roar as Rest needs Sleep Talk to function well, as well as needing Surf for reliable STAB. Also, I would like to mention that Suicune can counter Infernape quite well. It can take 2 or so Grass Knots while threatening to OHKO it with Surf.

Also, change your IVs to 3 HP and 2 Def. This allows you to get a base 70 Hidden Power Fighting. While it may seem little, sometimes it can be crucial. ;D

One last thing, be careful about CalmCelebi and Mamosinwe, especially if they're on the same team as they can cause a havoc. Solving this problem is easy, just add something that resists a couple of their STAB moves and can beat them at the same time. Cresselia plays this role quite well, being immune to Ground attacks and resisting Psychic attacks. Mismagius also does a great job, especially against a Celebi variant that only has Grass Knot, seeing how light she is. She also threatens Celebi with a STAB super effective Shadow Ball and Mamoswine with Hidden Power: Fight.

I think Gengar should be doing what drifblim is doing. I mean his HP Fight won't even KO Tyranitar(and by that I mean come anywhere close) and I think it could have trouble with weavile too. No Shadow Ball is confusing as Gengar is the biggest threat. Either go Charge Beam and HP Ice or Shadow Ball and HP Fight. But yeah Gengar does it better.

I am not too big a fan of a team that is weak to mixnape and Garchomp. I say make Suicune have Ice Beam and more SDef to take those 2 monsters.

What I really dislike about this team is that you have no Entry/Secondary damage (SR/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/SS/Hail/Toxic). Without any of those moves you could be in for a tough time especially against sashers.

12 more speed on Metagross so it can take Gengar and Jumpluff. I really worry about how you beat LO Hypnosis Gengar. He sleeps Drifblim(No one attacks first anymore), and then has fun with the rest of your team. And if they have a decent counter to metagross like skarmory (Which is why ScarfMetagross usually runs HP Elc as well, for Gyarados and skarm so maybe you should consider that)

I did like the mismagius suggestions so I would look into those as well if I was you.

A Calm Mind/Psychic/Ice Beam/Moonlight (or Rest if you would prefer) Cresselia over CMCune would help take on all these threats that you are weak to. The only problem is Moonlight in a Sandstorm, in which case you may want Rest over it, or even Rest/Sleep Talk over CM/Moonlight. Your team is pretty slow though, something like Dugtrio actually outspeeds your entire team which isn't something that you'd want. Although it is a lesser threat, Sub/Leech Seed Sceptile is also faster then your whole team, so that may be a bit of an annoyance. So yeah speed issues and lack of priority are what hurts you most. That and the fact that you rely so heavily on ScarfGross to take on major threats when something as simple as Dugtrio destroys it.
That Cress idea sounds like a decent idea. But the problem is, what should I take out for it? The speed hasn't troubled me TBH, as Driftblim and Garchomp get speed boosts from their abilities, which does compensate for that. But I'll see what I can do about the speed issue. Also, I'd probablly predict when I can get a safe switchin concerning Sceptile and get Cune to roar it away.

I said you had a Chomp counter? No, you said I had a Chomp problem, for some strange reason -.-.

While being able to take hits, it can't really threaten it. You really want Ice Beam on Suicune to allow it to be a more effective Garchomp 'counter'. In this case, I would take off Roar as Rest needs Sleep Talk to function well, as well as needing Surf for reliable STAB. Also, I would like to mention that Suicune can counter Infernape quite well. It can take 2 or so Grass Knots while threatening to OHKO it with Surf.

Well, I guess I'm not too Nape weak then. I guess I'll fit Ice Beam on Cune aswell.

Also, change your IVs to 3 HP and 2 Def. This allows you to get a base 70 Hidden Power Fighting. While it may seem little, sometimes it can be crucial. ;D

Never knew that lol.

One last thing, be careful about CalmCelebi and Mamosinwe, especially if they're on the same team as they can cause a havoc. Solving this problem is easy, just add something that resists a couple of their STAB moves and can beat them at the same time. Cresselia plays this role quite well, being immune to Ground attacks and resisting Psychic attacks. Mismagius also does a great job, especially against a Celebi variant that only has Grass Knot, seeing how light she is. She also threatens Celebi with a STAB super effective Shadow Ball and Mamoswine with Hidden Power: Fight.
Weezing can take on Mamoswine quite well, from my past experiences with this team. However, while the Cress and Mismagius suggestions are good, I'm worried that I could pick a TTar Weakness along the way with Driftblim being weak to dark and Weezing has trouble asorbing TTar's attacks. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Give Metagross 12 more Speed Evs to outspeed(and OHKO with Meteor Mash) standard Gengar.
I assume you mean LO Gar? I may do that. But my usual answer to Gar is Bliss, so I'm not sure if It will help that much.

I think Gengar should be doing what drifblim is doing. I mean his HP Fight won't even KO Tyranitar(and by that I mean come anywhere close) and I think it could have trouble with weavile too. No Shadow Ball is confusing as Gengar is the biggest threat. Either go Charge Beam and HP Ice or Shadow Ball and HP Fight. But yeah Gengar does it better.

Gengar doesn't have unburden -.-. Aginast TTar, I'd usually sleep it, then pound away with HP Fighting. I'd probablly do the same with Weavile. I'm not quite sure what you mean by Gengar is the biggest threat - to Driftblim or to my team in general? The Original Set was Charge Beam/ Hypnosis/ Dream Eater/ Destiny Bond. I gave it HP Fighting for the afformtioned reasons. I'll try out Shadow Ball though, and see how it goes.

I am not too big a fan of a team that is weak to mixnape and Garchomp. I say make Suicune have Ice Beam and more SDef to take those 2 monsters.

Actually, Metagross has revenge killed those 2 easily in the past. But without him (or if the situation doesn't go to plan), I'm in trouble (at leat with Nape, anyway). Also Garchomp hasn't caused me any problems so far. The only reason I put him on their was because Junior said I had a Garchomp weak. Meh. Also how many SDef evs to use with Cune?

What I really dislike about this team is that you have no Entry/Secondary damage (SR/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/SS/Hail/Toxic). Without any of those moves you could be in for a tough time especially against sashers.

I agree. However, I can't seem to find anyroom to fit SR on the team, as I said to MOP.

12 more speed on Metagross so it can take Gengar and Jumpluff. I really worry about how you beat LO Hypnosis Gengar. He sleeps Drifblim(No one attacks first anymore), and then has fun with the rest of your team. And if they have a decent counter to metagross like skarmory (Which is why ScarfMetagross usually runs HP Elc as well, for Gyarados and skarm so maybe you should consider that)

I let him sleep Driftblim, then I go to Bliss, the ultimate Gengar counter. Problem solved. Hmm, Scarfgross is a rarity so I haven't heard of the HP Elec Idea. Scarfgross is my revenge killer, not my sweeper, so having it hit as possible to take down enemy threats is vital. With HP Elec, I'd have to sacrifice Att Evs to make room for Spec Att Evs to 2Ko Gyarados, ect. Plus, I already have a decent counter for Gyarados in Weezing.

I did like the mismagius suggestions so I would look into those as well if I was you.

I will. Just the TTar problem concerns me, though.
Thanks for the great advice everyone!:toast:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You guys aren't seeing why he wants Drifblim. The fact that Unburden works in conjunction with Focus Sash gives him a way to have a lightning fast Destiny Bond, which Gengar doesn't have to the same extent. Anyway I originally intended CMCress to be in Cune's slot, but now I am worried about the glaring Tar weakness you would have without it. If you went with Gliscor/Cresselia (with an Electric attack! I'm thinking TWave, Ice Beam, Charge Beam, Moonlight/Rest) over Weezing and Cune, then you would have every poke barring Weavile covered, which is already covered by Metagross.

For the SR thing, I'd add it over Thunder Wave on Blissey. You already have Hypnosis and Will-O-Wisp running around. Adding a third statuser will just have you conflicted and it could work to the opponent's advantage.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CM Cresselia definitly takes care of pretty much everything you're having trouble with. Either Swampert + Cress or Gliscor + Cress can work. If you use one of those two, you can give Blissey Wish (presuming Shoddy still allows it) instead of Thunderwave, which will help your whole team, especially Swampert, who is the best answer to Tyranitar. Not to mention Softboiled + Wish Blissey is just a bitch to deal with in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)