Pending Show the rules of the format in the Teambuilder

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Something I have noticed in both the OM and Help rooms, is that the average user doesn't know where to get information about the formats, so they have to ask it all the time, or they google it and get outdated info, the commands are supposed to help with this, but the people asking for this kind of stuff also don't know how to use them or their existence, and as someone that has worked in customer support I know that's most people, they are unfamiliar with this kind of stuff and the more accessible it is the better is for everyone, it would remove an entry barrier to all smogon formats for people that aren't already familiar with the site, specially useful for formats that aren't standard like OM and Pet Mods that not only have weird gimmicks but also bans different from CG OU.

It would be quite helpful to show the same info that appears with the /tier command somewhere in the Teambuilder interface, may even add a link to the corresponding chat room so people don't get lost (I have seen people thinking UU is part of OM, and is not really their fault to think like that, the name doesn't tell you much). It could look like this:
suggestion.png

Last edited:

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
The integration with the Smogon Dex I added today should probably cover this:
1709172856453.png
For formats with a resource page on the Dex, it provides a link to all the resources (as well as a link to the general format information page, which has the rules on it.)

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Well, while that works for most formats, would it be possible to still implement something like what I proposed?
A lot of tiers don't have pages in the dex, specially seasonal formats like OMs, Pet mods and ND other tiers, maybe make it so it just take the corresponding link to the thread so it looks like the others, without the need to constantly update the dex with temporary formats, reducing the work to whoever has to maintain the dex.

Personally one of the biggest reasons I don't play OMs is that teambuilding for them with the builder not necessarily reflecting what will actually happen is really annoying, or that I don't fully understand the rules when building, and I just end up playing something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)