ORAS OU Shuffle (1k)

So here's my 1k, and I figured I'd be super unique and post an RMT. At least the team itself is fairly interesting, hazard stacking with Mega Pidgeot. Even though it's a bit of a goofy team, it's been pretty good thus far on the ladder, and I've really enjoyed both building and using it.

This team was originally built with Mega Pidgeot in mind. I immediately noticed that Pidgeot's switch ins were all very weak to residual damage, as they often lacked recovery. I set out to make a hazard stacking team, and after a disastrous attempt at a Hyper Offense team that involved Accelgor, I settled for a more laid-back approach, which led to this.

Take the Time (Pidgeot) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Ignoring how expensive that Mega slot is, Pidgeot is a pretty solid mon. It's main selling point over Tornadus-T is its reliability in the late game, though I don't deny that Torn could be pretty solid in this position as well. In any case, 100% accurate Hurricanes are pretty hard to stomach. U-Turn is definitely the second most important move on this set, as it allows Pidgeot to deal a little damage and force it's counters to take hazard damage and prevent them from finding time to heal up. Roost serves as a way for Pidgeot to outlast it's counters (though I've only clicked it once so I might just try Work Up instead).

Feeling Stronger (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

So after the fiasco that was Spikes Lead Accelgor, I decided my Spiker of choice was better off being a defensive one. Enter Ferrothorn, one of the more reliable users. Knock Off Ferro is a personal favorite of mine, and on this team it works wonders. Being able to remove Heatran's Leftovers on the switch in is fantastic, and taking off Life Orbs from offensive mons doesn't hurt either. Thunder Wave is crucial, my team lacks ways of dealing with Dragon Dancers and the speed control is incredibly useful against offense. I originally had Gyro Ball in the last slot, but switched it up for Power Whip since Gyarados gives this team fits otherwise.

Riptide (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Spike stacking teams need their own hazard removal, so Starmie seemed like a natural choice. LO Analytic is one of my favorite sets, there just aren't many good switch ins to this thing. Outside of pure residual damage, Starmie is my main method of dealing with bulky Ground types, and my only best mon to switch into Keldeo, so it's important to prevent it from taking extra damage when I can.

Issues (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Ever since I saw this set, I've had a soft spot for it. It's a really fun mixup of TankChomp and SD Rocks Lead, able to provide Rocks, offensive pressure, and still be able to punish physical attackers with Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin damage. It's really fun to bluff Fat Chomp and have an opponent react accordingly, only for me to SD in their face and put a hole in them. Garchomp is my primary answer to offensive forms of Talonflame, and it also makes for a pretty sweet answer to Bisharp.

Warrior (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Scizor solves quite a few problems that this team encountered, namely getting completely bodied by all out attacking Mega Altaria and Weavile. Defogging hazards away was also a problem, as Latios and Latias were free to come in for a low cost and ruin multiple turns of work in a single move. Scizor does a pretty good job of sniping those two as well. Lastly, Scizor also has quite a few checks and counters that are worn down rather quickly by hazards, which means that the pairing of Scizor and Pidgeot can often stretch out defensive cores past their abilities.

Down in Flames (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm / Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt

Okay this set is kinda stupid and needs explaining. Rock Tomb Heatran is a pretty odd thing, but it does an excellent job of denying speed boosting sweepers, while providing an option to kill things like Zard-Y, Volcarona, and Talonflame. The four Attack EVs guarantee a 2HKO on SpDef Talonflame, and the Speed allows you to outrun all base 75s. Apart from that, this is a Magma Trapper Heatran, intended to bait in and wear out water types, specifically Rotom-W. Lava Plume is slashed for those days where you miss 6 Magma Storms in a row.
Take the Time (Pidgeot) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Feeling Stronger (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Issues (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Warrior (Scizor) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Down in Flames (Heatran) @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt

Legacy Raider
Just in case you ever come back. Your warstories were one of the main reasons I took interest in the competitive aspect of the game, and through those I was able to learn a lot. Thanks.

Trinitrotoluene
Excellent role model, I've definitely been looking up to you over the years.

Recreant
Sleep is for the weak, amirite? n_n

Karxrida
Thanks for introducing me to all these awesome people, I definitely owe you one. Also, remind me to play more TF2 with you. Also, you're awesome.

boltsandbombers
Really cool person imo. Need to Skype more often.

Kurona
Funny, smart, and extremely attractive? How is one person so cool oml o////o

xzern
see above, but remove the extremely

FookMi?
SMOrc it baby

DarkNostalgia
wow you didn't do your 1k before mine? smh

Aragorn the King
Pretty cool for a mod, tbh. Also thanks for putting up with my nagging lol

Sparkl3y
Glad you're back :)

Peeps that I don't know as well as I should but are pretty cool imo
Adamant Zoroark ArchPhantom bludz Celticpride Dr Ciel Hootie Mysteria QuagGod QueBien ThePack

Last edited:
Hello my friend :]
Nice team overall !
I'd just consider replacing Scizor by Bisharp, because you have nothing for Defog users as your team is quite slow-paced. With a Defiant Bisharp, they will think twice before attenpting a Defog, which is nice in maintaining pressure. It also destroys Lati@s quite well. You lose on coverage and priority tho but it definitely worth a try, as priority moves aren't quite a problem with Chomp and Ferrothorn most of the time.

Set :
Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Have fun :D

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Hey man solid team, I really like the ferro+starmie+ground hazard stack core and I think it works real well with something like Mpidge that has u-turn to rack up the damage on it's checks/counters quickly. Anyways there are a few changes I'd make to make the core a little more solid. I'd change the starmie set to the bulkmie set 248hp/16spdef/244spe timid. Given that starmie is your only answer for keldeo it probably should have some longevity especially since it also serves a very important role on the team as the hazard remover. I would just go with the standard scald/psyshock/recover/spin moveset due to starmie being your only keldeo answer bar pidgeot so psyshock>reflect type gives you a better matchup against subcm keldeo.
I'd also swap garchomp for the standard mixed hippowdon. If you look at your team and ask yourself "what do I have for Mmanectric" you'll see the reasoning here. Hippo can run a few different options in it's fourth slot on this team. Stone edge can be used to have a very solid bird check since edge 2HKOs talon even after a burn. Whirlwind can also be used to phaze anything trying to set up in front of you and is also a great way to rack up hazard damage once they have been set up. The choice of move in this slot is your personal preference but my personal preference would be whirlwind due to tran having a rock move. Other electrics such as raikou and thundy are also stopped by hippo so it generally gives you a better matchup against these mons than chomper would. This makes you a bit weaker to Mgross due to it being able to break the core with it's coverage but it is possible to play around it with starmie scald burns or spikes damages+pidge heat wave etc etc.
Small nitpick I'd change the scizor spread to 208hp/252atk/48spe adamant. My own personal spread that speed creeps the standard azumarill spread so you can out-priority it's aqua jet and remove it with bullet punch(with prior damage ofc).
I don't think tran really needs rock tomb but if you like it and has been putting in work for you who am I to argue? Stone edge is an alternate option over rock tomb if you ever feel that you need more power but it's really up to you. If you put whirlwind on hippo I'd keep rock tomb/stone edge but if you put stone edge on hippo I'd change rock tomb to earth power/flash cannon it comes down to personal preference. Scarf tran is also an option for you to try but this makes you super weak to stall so I'd keep tran as the magma storm set but you can try it if you really want too.

Cool team hope I helped :D I'll leave my suggestions in the tab below.

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge/Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Rock Tomb/Stone Edge/Earth Power

OR

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

Hello there, I like the idea behind Rock Tomb Heatran, haha.
Having said that though, I find you having some troubles against water types such as Keldeo and Manaphy, keldoe can easily come in and outspeed all your members bar Starmie and Pidgeot (if it megaevolved though), and then proceed to spam Scald, your water resistor Starmie has no bulk or recovery, and also Life Orb as an item, meaning that it will not stick around, the other water resistor, Ferrothorn is weak to fight and scald burns so it would be at best a shaky check, hp fire manaphy is on the same boat, nothing on your team can kill him easily, and hp fire allows manaphy to quickly destroy Ferrothorn.

So, I have three changes for you

• The first one is give Thunderbolt over Psyshock on Starmie you still get to attack Keldeo, but now you have a way to 2hko tail Glow Manaphy, while also being faster, the team does not suffer Mega Venusaur that much due to Heatran and Mega Pidgeot's presence, anyways.

• The second one is to give Chople Berry on Ferrothorn, while an unusual choice, it gives you the ability to lure in Keldeo, and kill it with Power Whip, without giving up too much from your team, chople also helps you against Mega Lopunny (Ice Punch) and mega Gardevoir.

• The third one, I feel that cbzor is redunant here, don't get me wrong, being able to revengekill Weavile and mega Altaria is good, but Scizor gives you another Keldeo Weak 'mon, who also happens to have problems against HP Fire from Manaphy, it also does nto relaly like coming in on Fire Blast or life orb Knock Off from Mega Altaria and Weavile respectively, mega Pidgeot also does not have Refresh here, so it will have some troubles against stall team who wants to status it in order to kill it, that is why I would consider changing CBZor to Pdef healing Wish+Magic Guard Clefable, Clefable gives you an excellent check to both mega Altaria and Weavile, thunder wave cripples the two of them and various switch ins, to top it off, Healing Wish can help either Mega Pidgeot or Orb Mie if it was too much weakened early game, and give them a second chance.

Sets:

Feeling Stronger (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SDef
IVs: 0 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Trait: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Healing Wish
- Thunder Wave/Calm mind

Hope it helped, good luck!

Hi Tressed,

This is a pretty cool Mega-Pidegeot team. I like the idea of using hazards to wear out Mega-Pidgeot's checks and you also have some pretty cool sets. :)

As you mentioned, one of the largest problems to your team is Keldeo. Although Starmie is a good check, with LO and no recovery, it's going to get worn down very easily. Another weakness found with your team is Mega-Manectric and other electric-types. With Thunderbolt, HP Ice, and Flamethrower, Mega-Manectric outspeeds and beats most of your team besides Garchomp and Heatran. However, Garchomp is KOd by HP Ice after a little damage and Heatran is going to end up accumulating a lot of residual damage from Volt Switch. Rotom-W is a also bit problematic. It can Will-o-wisp Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Garchomp, Volt Switch on Pidgeot and Starmie, and Hydro Pump Heatran. Although you can wear down Rotom-W pretty easily, it also has Pain Split to heal itself up. And although Starmie and Pidgeot post mega-evolution outspeeds Thunderus, you don't really have any solid switch-ins to a set with Thunderbolt, HP Ice, and Focus Blast.

Another problem I found with your team is are fast attackers (faster than Mega-Pidgeot), mostly Mega-Lopunny. Although it can't switch in directly, Mega-Lopunny punch a lot of holes it your team just by spamming High Jump Kick, being able to 2HKO Garchomp and KO the rest of your team with HJK/Return with just a bit of minor damage. Similarily, Excadrill in the Sand can wear down your team pretty easily with Earthquake and Rock Slide for Pidgeot.

Although relatively uncommon, Zard-X and Zard-Y with Earthquake could be a bit problematic for your team. Both switch in pretty easily to Scizor's Bullet Punch and deal out a lot of damage. Zard-Y can spam Fire Blast while Zard-X can DD on Scizor and potentially sweep your team (the recoil from Garchomp and Ferrothorn is going to limit any Zard-X sweep though.)

First, I think you should try switching Starmie for a Latias with Draco Meteor, Psyshock, Defog, and Roost. With Roost and its good special bulk, Latias gives you a good check to Keldeo and electric-types (Mega-Manectric and Rotom-W) that won't be worn down so easily. This also alleviates pressure off of Heatran to check electric-types, especially since Heatran isn't the specially-defensive set. Latias also gives you a solid Zard-Y switch-in and it can switch-in Fire Blast much more easily and scare off Zard-Y with Draco Meteory/Psyshock. Finally, Latias can remove hazards with Defog to help keep Mega-Pidgeot healthy.

I think you team would benefit from a revenge killer. I recommend you try a Scarf Keldeo over Scizor. Keldeo not only synergies with Pidgeot pretty well, being able to beat switch-ins like Tyranitar and Heatran, but also gives your team the ability to revenge faster Mega-Evolutions (Mega-Lopunny) and set-up sweepers (weakened Zard-X). Since changing Starmie to Latias makes your team weaker to Heatran, Keldeo helps makes up for that change and also gives your team another Bisharp switch-in. Scarf Keldeo also gives your team another win condition, especially against offensive teams.

For Ferrothorn, I think you should try using Leech Seed > Spikes and Gyro Ball > Knock Off. With Scizor gone, Ferrothorn really needs Gyro Ball so your team can better handle fairies like Mega-Altaria and Mega-Gardevoir. In addition, Ferrothorn also helps your team against T-wave Clefable, which could beat Heatran with some lucky paras. Since Latias uses Defog, Spikes on Ferrothorn has less utility so Leech Seed makes more sense since Ferrothorn really appreciates the ability to heal its health.

To avoid being swept by DD Mega-Altaria with Fire Blast and Earthquake, I think you can try using an Air Balloon on Heatran, this allows you to toxic Mega-Altaria and outstall it with smart switches.

Finally, I think could try Tailwind over Roost on Mega-Pidgeot if you find yourself not using Roost that much. Tailwind boosts your team's speed, giving you an extra edge against offensive teams.

Hope this helps!

Sets:
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)