Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 37 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairy or Grass. I'm working the Roselia angle. But I'm probably going to drop Spikes in exchange for the Toxic Spikes. And I just realized Roselia is in the Fairy Group as well. -___- So I have a few more Pokes to check it looks like.

Anyone have a female lure ball Mantine? Cmt for it
Fairy or Grass. I'm working the Roselia angle. But I'm probably going to drop Spikes in exchange for the Toxic Spikes. And I just realized Roselia is in the Fairy Group as well. -___- So I have a few more Pokes to check it looks like.
i realize youre probably trying to do it yourself but I have an hp fire male roselia you could use..could probably scratch egg moves off the list too

Anyone have a female lure ball Mantine? Cmt for it
i realize youre probably trying to do it yourself but I have an hp fire male roselia you could use..could probably scratch egg moves off the list too
Doesn't bother me that might work. Let me Breed a 4-5 IV Female in a Dream Ball first though with a Timid Nature. If I can get two, I'll even give you one if you want as a thank you. And since I'm guessing this is a lone I'll lend you my Perfect 5 IV Swampert with Egg Moves if you want to breed off it until I finish with Roselia.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
When looking at the PSS I can tell when people are using O-Powers because they have some sort of light aura over their avatar. However recently I've seen people with a Dark Aura instead, what does that aura stand for?

When looking at the PSS I can tell when people are using O-Powers because they have some sort of light aura over their avatar. However recently I've seen people with a Dark Aura instead, what does that aura stand for?
I believe that one is usually an EXP or Prize Money Power. I've seen that too and that is usually what I gain.

Doesn't bother me that might work. Let me Breed a 4-5 IV Female in a Dream Ball first though with a Timid Nature. If I can get two, I'll even give you one if you want as a thank you. And since I'm guessing this is a lone I'll lend you my Perfect 5 IV Swampert with Egg Moves if you want to breed off it until I finish with Roselia.
I dont need swampert.the female in a dream ball would be great.doesnt have to be 5iv either..I wob t be able to trade for about an hour though

How does this team sound for the Friendlies?

Charizardite Y
Fire Blast | Solar Beam | Focus Blast | Dragon Pulse (considering swapping with Air Slash, as it's too weak to be effective on any potent Dragon types)

Light Clay / Magic Bounce
Reflect | Light Screen | Yawn | Psychic

White Herb / weak armour
Surf | Ice Beam | Ancient Power | Shell Smash

Lum Berry / Moxie
Dragon Dance | Drain Punch | Crunch | Ice Punch

Rocky Helmet / Sturdy
Stealth Rock | Roost | Brave Bird | Whirlwind

Lefotvers / Water Absorb
Roar / Scald / Wish / Protect

Charizardite Y
Fire Blast | Solar Beam | Focus Blast | Dragon Pulse (considering swapping with Air Slash, as it's too weak to be effective on any potent Dragon types)

White Herb / weak armour

Lum Berry / Moxie

Rocky Helmet / Sturdy

Lefotvers / Water Absorb
Nice if you ask me. Personally I would Run Toxic over Roar on Vapreon, but that's just me. All in all looks real good.

Trading heart scales.mega stones.in game items. Any perfect pokes I have for any perfect pokes I don't have. I want to try some new pokemon out for fun. PM if interested. :)

Charizardite Y

White Herb / weak armour

Lum Berry / Moxie

Rocky Helmet / Sturdy

Lefotvers / Water Absorb
You might want to have an Electric counter. 4 'mons on your team are weak to it. That being said I don't know how big of a deal that is though since I haven't participated in a Friendly.

You might want to have an Electric counter. 4 'mons on your team are weak to it. That being said I don't know how big of a deal that is though since I haven't participated in a Friendly.
Friendly's don't tend to be anything tough if you ask me. Save the fact 90% of the people in them Spam Legendaries and Don't EV Train at all, instead relying on said Spammed Legendaries. But that is just what I experienced. Hope it's different in X/Y than it was during Gen V.

The only two Electric threats I can think of are Jolteon and Mega Manectric since most if not all of the others are easily countered by Mega Charizard Y, not really sure how I could fit an electric counter in though, and I don't really have much time to train more than one other Poke. I think Light Screen Scrafty (138 Sp. Def) could absorb most electric moves and counter with STAB Drain Punch after a Dragon Dance.

Also, concerning Toxic on Vaporeon, I think the consensus is to spam Scald until I get a burn, since Vaporeon is bulky enough to take most moves that aren't Super effective (which can be countered by Mega Charizard Y or Scrafty).

Opinions on swapping Dragon Pulse for Air Slash?

The only two Electric threats I can think of are Jolteon and Mega Manectric since most if not all of the others are easily countered by Mega Charizard Y, not really sure how I could fit an electric counter in though, and I don't really have much time to train more than one other Poke. I think Light Screen Scrafty (138 Sp. Def) could absorb most electric moves and counter with STAB Drain Punch after a Dragon Dance.

Also, concerning Toxic on Vaporeon, I think the consensus is to spam Scald until I get a burn, since Vaporeon is bulky enough to take most moves that aren't Super effective (which can be countered by Mega Charizard Y or Scrafty).

Good point. I was thinking of my Evil Troll Rain Team Vaporeon. It ran Modest with Rest/Toxic/Hydro Pump/Scald held Leftovers and had Hydration. As for the other matter on Charizard......I say Air Slash since it's nice Special Stabb, but once again that is just my opinion.

Good point. I was thinking of my Evil Troll Rain Team Vaporeon. It ran Modest with Rest/Toxic/Hydro Pump/Scald held Leftovers and had Hydration. As for the other matter on Charizard......I say Air Slash since it's nice Special Stabb, but once again that is just my opinion.
Yeah, I was thinking so too. Dragon Pulse is a good move, but it only has x2 on Dragon types, otherwise it's weaker than any other of the four moves in any situation. Plus, Ice Punch Scrafty and Omastar both counter Dragons nicely (which I didn't have before).

Last edited:

Just run Roost over both. Dragon Pulse offers mediocre coverage, especially since the Latis aren't allowed. Fire Blast 2HKOs Salamence anyway, who resists all your moves. You won't be getting past Dragonite, even with Dragon Pulse, unless Multiscale is broken. Fire Blast, Solar Beam, and Dragon Pulse are all 2HKOs on Garchomp. Roost gives you nice recovery, allowing it to stay in longer, and heal off SR damage if it comes down to that.

Air Slash is not really necessary on Zard Y.

Just run Roost over both. Dragon Pulse offers mediocre coverage, especially since the Latis aren't allowed. Fire Blast 2HKOs Salamence anyway, who resists all your moves. You won't be getting past Dragonite, even with Dragon Pulse, unless Multiscale is broken. Fire Blast, Solar Beam, and Dragon Pulse are all 2HKOs on Garchomp. Roost gives you nice recovery, allowing it to stay in longer, and heal off SR damage if it comes down to that.
Fair enough, though I didn't think Charizard was bulky enough to actually be able to use Roost effectively.
Plus, my main goal of countering Fighting types with Air Slash isn't needed since I have Skarmory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)