Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 38 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I know why..just not when to apply it
if your HP is even at lv100 (which i believe is like everyone except shedinja), you use 248 EVs to get an odd-numbered HP, since the damage is rounded down

for example, a fire/flying type with 200 HP and another with 201 HP will both take 100 dmg from stealth rock when switching in (because the 100.5 is rounded down), so the first one can switch in twice, second can switch in three times
something with 202 HP would take 101 dmg, so still half its total HP. the 248 spread, for the most part, is only really important for things weak to rock, since it turns 4 switchins to 5 or 2 to 3, but changing 8 switchins to 9 or 16 to 17 for things neutral/resistant doesn't really matter overmuch

conversely, some max HP at lv50 are odd (cos half an even number can be odd or even), so the same type of spread doesn't always apply. converting EVs to lv50 has a lot of other implications as well, but i thought i'd mention this.

(i hope this answers it?)

if your HP is even at lv100 (which i believe is like everyone except shedinja), you use 248 EVs to get an odd-numbered HP, since the damage is rounded down

for example, a fire/flying type with 200 HP and another with 201 HP will both take 100 dmg from stealth rock when switching in (because the 100.5 is rounded down), so the first one can switch in twice, second can switch in three times
something with 202 HP would take 101 dmg, so still half its total HP. the 248 spread, for the most part, is only really important for things weak to rock, since it turns 4 switchins to 5 or 2 to 3, but changing 8 switchins to 9 or 16 to 17 for things neutral/resistant doesn't really matter overmuch

conversely, some max HP at lv50 are odd (cos half an even number can be odd or even), so the same type of spread doesn't always apply. converting EVs to lv50 has a lot of other implications as well, but i thought i'd mention this.

Yes thank you :)

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Would anyone be willing to DONATE a 5 IV absol spitback? You probably already have whatever I'm going to offer so I'm not going to bother trying to trade.

Stupid question..are 248 evs used instead of 252 on odd or even stats for a lefties number? And does it matter if its level 50 or 100?
Some things do it to round down something like SR, Toxic, Sand, or Burn damage.
At level 50, 244 gets the same result as 248 EVs (assuming 31 IVs); 248 is max HP for a 30 IV stat. ie, a 31 HP Swampert with 252 HP EVs has 207 HP @ 50, a Swampert with 30 HP IVs and 248 HP EVs has 206 HP.
I'm one of the oddballs who sticks exclusively to Level 50 doubles so I know these oddities :P

I'd go down to 199 HP to round down Burn damage from 25 to 24 and Life Orb from 20 to 19 myself but otherwise yes, this. :P

Last edited:
Wait a sec... Why are ppl all over hp fire Xerneas and not ground? Ground has coverage for steel,posion,and fire?
HP Fire is a slash for Focus Blast, which normally destroys any steels that are not Bronzong, Scizor, and Aegislash.

HP Fire deals with those previously mentioned and has Sun boosted potential. HP Ground only deals with Aegislash.

Ah okay :P.
that said, hp ground is really good for heatran (if it is replacing focus blast), but i'm not sure how viable he is in ubers for gen VI

Hello Smogon,

I'm looking for friend codes in general for the friend safari. Specially a safari zone with Tyrogue or someone that has a Tyrogue with its hidden ability.

If this is not the place to ask for friend safari exchanges, please refer me to the proper thread.

Thank you,
Wolf
i don't have tyrogue in my own safari, but i've friended someone who has it in theirs and could possibly catch you one

that said, hp ground is really good for heatran (if it is replacing focus blast), but i'm not sure how viable he is in ubers for gen VI

i don't have tyrogue in my own safari, but i've friended someone who has it in theirs and could possibly catch you one
Good point haha. I have this Xerneas,but idk how useful it is?
31/26/31/30/30/31-HP Ground-(Ot Tristin ID)

Wait a sec... Why are ppl all over hp fire Xerneas and not ground? Ground has coverage for steel,posion,and fire?
Fire hits Skarmory, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Genesect, which are all immune/neutral to ground, and Dialga is hit harder by Moonblast.
Psychic/Psyshock hits Poison types harder (except for Drapion/Skuntank, which are hit harder by Moonblast).
Ho-Oh is Immune to Ground (and is already hit by Thunder/bolt), while Reshiram is hit harder by Moonblast.
HP Ground hits...Fire Arceus (at the same power as Thunder/Focus Blast), Heatran (at the same power as Focus Blast), and Magnezone (again, at the same power as Focus Blast).

I'm looking for someone online and available tonight to check my ESV or TSV. I have an egg and am online ready to. Just PM if you would be willing to help me out :)

Thank you,
Wolf

Hits steel and poison arceus on the switch in..also fire and rock dudes...you dont need it though just trade it to me and ill release it for you
Hhmm I'm tempted....Not. XD JK. If you like I could give you one ;)
Fire hits Skarmory, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Genesect, which are all immune/neutral to ground, and Dialga is hit harder by Moonblast.
Psychic/Psyshock hits Poison types harder (except for Drapion/Skuntank, which are hit harder by Moonblast).
Ho-Oh is Immune to Ground (and is already hit by Thunder/bolt), while Reshiram is hit harder by Moonblast.
HP Ground hits...Fire Arceus (at the same power as Thunder/Focus Blast), Heatran (at the same power as Focus Blast), and Magnezone (again, at the same power as Focus Blast).
Hmm you make a very good point thanks for that bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)