Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where I can ask this, but I figured this would be a good place.

Isn't it true that if you use Masuda parents to generate the egg, the PID is static? I finally got my hands on a Japanese Ditto so I bred 4 (random) Magikarps and checked their PID. They were all different. Is there something I'm missing? Should I have the Shiny Charm as well?

Or is the static PID only for Power Save users?

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted

Isn't it true that if you use Masuda parents to generate the egg, the PID is static? I finally got my hands on a Japanese Ditto so I bred 4 (random) Magikarps and checked their PID. They were all different. Is there something I'm missing? Should I have the Shiny Charm as well?

I believe the PID is only static for those using Power Save who back up a particular save with their Time Machine Egg Spread Thingy (Official terminology, of course), and restore that particular save every time they go to breed.
Lf - Jolly Sroomish with the egg move bullet seed.
EDIT:

I can help with that
And thanks a ton, added.

Looking for someone to clone a few things, you can keep a copy if you want :)
Also, I can do this. How many Pokes are we talking?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

The PID is static per egg seed if you have anything which increases the chance of a shiny baby occurring (Shiny Charm, Masuda Method parents, or both).

The egg seed is saved to your game, so if you save before the daycare man has an egg, then you can cycle until he has an egg, receive that egg and if it hatches shiny, you can reset and be assured that (since you've reset to the previous egg seed) the next egg will be shiny, regardless of what parents you switch in*.

Powersaves allows you to save this reset so that you can restore to it later (i.e. you can get more than one shiny egg from finding a single shiny egg seed). There is a way to do this without Powersaves, but I'm not gonna discuss it here.

*Note: You must use similar parents to those you used for testing; e.g. if you used Masuda Method parents, you must switch in likewise, if you didn't use Masuda Method parents (but have the shiny charm) then you can't use Masuda Method parents, etc.

The PID is static per egg seed if you have anything which increases the chance of a shiny baby occurring (Shiny Charm, Masuda Method parents, or both).

The egg seed is saved to your game, so if you save before the daycare man has an egg, then you can cycle until he has an egg, receive that egg and if it hatches shiny, you can reset and be assured that (since you've reset to the previous egg seed) the next egg will be shiny, regardless of what parents you switch in*.

Powersaves allows you to save this reset so that you can restore to it later (i.e. you can get more than one shiny egg from finding a single shiny egg seed). There is a way to do this without Powersaves, but I'm not gonna discuss it here.

*Note: You must use similar parents to those you used for testing; e.g. if you used Masuda Method parents, you must switch in likewise, if you didn't use Masuda Method parents (but have the shiny charm) then you can't use Masuda Method parents, etc.
Oh, ok. Still sounds Powersave only unless I'm not getting it? I was hoping that I could find my static PID by using Masuda parents and then figuring out who has that TSV so I can hatch all my stuff with that guy (or girl). Guess that's out and I'm back to regular hatching lol.

Do i need to catch the red gyarados at lake of rage in Soul Silver to advance in the story ?
Or can i kill it and after the elite 4 it will re-appear

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Do i need to catch the red gyarados at lake of rage in Soul Silver to advance in the story ?
Or can i kill it and after the elite 4 it will re-appear
According to bulbapedia it should respawn upon defeating the elite 4 if you KO it now.

Looking For: Excadrill or pre evolution (5iv Jolly mold breaker femal.

For Trade: I have cloned special event pokemon (none used with hacks) Shiny Mew, Diancie, Meloetta, Keldeon, Genesect, Shiny 6iv florge, Shiny manaphy, and others (if you need anything let me know)

Ps: if you want me checking you're thread please link as I'm on mobile and can't see links or any signatures. Need females to breed.

Last edited:
Looking For: Clefable (with at least 5IVS bold, magic guard ability, femaleand with softboiled), Excadrill or pre evolution (5iv Jolly mold breaker femal.

For Trade: I have cloned special event pokemon (none used with hacks) Shiny Mew, Diancie, Meloetta, Keldeon, Genesect, Shiny 6iv florge, Shiny manaphy, and others (if you need anything let me know)

Ps: if you want me checking you're thread please link as I'm on mobile and can't see links or any signatures. also for the pokemon I am looking for I dont mind if they're hacked since I'm looking to breed with them especially clefable with softboiled, so preferably I'd like them to be female to pass the ability and stats easier. Doesn't need to be 5iv either but have the rest of what I'm asking for, thanks in advanced!
Don't ask for hacks.

And soft boiled isn't an egg move anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)