Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I did and I don't think I'll ever be able to receive help on what I'm doing wrong with my teams because I'm not nerdy enough to write paragraphs about each Pokémon. :(
Just post it in the SM OU Bazaar thread then (same forum). You probably won't get help in RMT anyways if the team is 1. total trash 2. you're an unknown user / player 3. looks like a bad presentation 4. all of the above. Even if you were to get a rate it'll probably be a disaster from somebody who has no idea what they're talking about if you're in those 4 points I mentioned. Fortunately if you hit any of those criterias you'll be happy to know you can throw your junk in the Ou Bazaar like a lot of people do and someone will more than likely throw there two cents in if you ask and are open to criticism, no paragraphs required. It's a pretty free place to post teams.

Just post it in the SM OU Bazaar thread then (same forum). You probably won't get help in RMT anyways if the team is 1. total trash 2. you're an unknown user / player 3. looks like a bad presentation 4. all of the above. Even if you were to get a rate it'll probably be a disaster from somebody who has no idea what they're talking about if you're in those 4 points I mentioned. Fortunately if you hit any of those criterias you'll be happy to know you can throw your junk in the Ou Bazaar like a lot of people do and someone will more than likely throw there two cents in if you ask and are open to criticism, no paragraphs required. It's a pretty free place to post teams.
It's fine. I'm trying to force myself to be good at something I never will be good at. I used to have a good rating on Showdown ladder but have lose 20-30 battles in a row and have fallen on hard times. I don't have the confidence to write up a team which makes getting help all the more difficult. And I am using viable stuff which is all the more frustrating.

Because Game Freak haven't released around half of the Mega Stones in Gen 7 yet. They've announced they'll be releasing them all throughout official competitions; and specifically that we'll be getting Beedrillite and Mawilite in a few weeks.
but cant I just trade them from ORAS or XY

Who are the best suicide leads now a days? I was thinking of using duggie or Aerodactyl, but not sure which, or if I should use something else.

Who are the best suicide leads now a days? I was thinking of using duggie or Aerodactyl, but not sure which, or if I should use something else.
Best suicide lead is probably Azelf, with Stealth Rock and Explosion. Dugtrio has better things to do with its time than suicide lead and Aerodactyl got worse with Ash-Greninja in the tier (Water shuriken being a multi-hit priority move against a pokemon weak to water).

Edit: Lead stealth rock Garchomp and Landorus-Therian are better SR setters, but those are not suicide leads.

Best suicide lead is probably Azelf, with Stealth Rock and Explosion. Dugtrio has better things to do with its time than suicide lead and Aerodactyl got worse with Ash-Greninja in the tier (Water shuriken being a multi-hit priority move against a pokemon weak to water).

Edit: Lead stealth rock Garchomp and Landorus-Therian are better SR setters, but those are not suicide leads.
Do you find suicide leads not to be as useful (for HO) anymore? I was thinking of running Scolipede or some other t spikes user to more easily deal with stall and balance. Or maybe just run toxic on Garchomp or Lando to cripple switch ins like Fini?

Do you find suicide leads not to be as useful (for HO) anymore? I was thinking of running Scolipede or some other t spikes user to more easily deal with stall and balance. Or maybe just run toxic on Garchomp or Lando to cripple switch ins like Fini?
T-spikes isn't that good anymore due to Mega Venusaur being much more common. Scolipede is better off doing speed baton pass than toxic spikes. The thing with Tapu Fini is that it doesn't have reliable recovery so it gets progressively worse as a defogger. Fire Blast Garchomp is good for Skarmory. Another good lead is Focus Sash Mold Breaker Excadrill, with stealth rock and rapid spin. Toxic does not work vs Fini due to the misty terrain.

When was the Firium-Z Volcarona Quiver Dance/Fire Blast/Giga Drain/HP Ground set first mentioned on the forum, or who came up with it? I've just hit 1700 with my Aurora Veil team using it, I'm going to try and peak higher before the RMT (though I'll now do one regardless), but I want to give credit where credit is due.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
When was the Firium-Z Volcarona Quiver Dance/Fire Blast/Giga Drain/HP Ground set first mentioned on the forum, or who came up with it? I've just hit 1700 with my Aurora Veil team using it, I'm going to try and peak higher before the RMT (though I'll now do one regardless), but I want to give credit where credit is due.
p2

Reactions: p2
How do I make a team? I can't get past 1300s and I use to,crack close to 1600 on Showdown.

How do I make a team? I can't get past 1300s and I use to,crack close to 1600 on Showdown.
Watch the RTMs, and I will tell all. I had a huge tilt at the 1700 mark back to early 1600, I'm still hoping I can ladder higher (I'm sure everyone's heard that before, but it's true), if I can't I'll post the team regardless.

Watch the RTMs, and I will tell all. I had a huge tilt at the 1700 mark back to early 1600, I'm still hoping I can ladder higher (I'm sure everyone's heard that before, but it's true), if I can't I'll post the team regardless.
I'm not sure there's any hope for me. I've tried everything and I have to jump through so many hoops on sites just for people to help me.

I want to ask about stall.

First off, is it viable.

Secondly, any idea of what kind of core you would choose to run?

Last edited by a moderator:
In the dugtrio suspect test, would running diglett or trapinch be usable for a dugtrio replacement? Arena trap is still a large niche.

If not, what is a good replacement for dugtrio on stall?

Last edited:
I want to ask about stall.

First off, is it viable.

Secondly, any idea of what kind of core you would choose to run?
Yes it is viable and the standard stall team this gen is Chansey, Toxapex, Skarmory, Mega Sableye, Dugtrio and Unaware Clefable/Quagsire (Clefable is reccomended though since without Clefable the team loses to Sub+Coil Toxic Zygarde).

In the dugtrio suspect test, would running diglett or trapinch be usable for a dugtrio replacement? Arena trap is still a large niche.

If not, what is a good replacement for dugtrio on stall?
The entire reason that dugtrio has been pushed over the edge this gen is because of that new base 100 atk. Instead of just being able to trap grounded pokemon and sit there barely denting them like last gen, it now has the tech to actually nab a few kos here and there, and if not, at least cripple some important pokemon. Due to Trapinch's speed tier, it is forced to run a completely defensive set if it is to have any hope of lasting long enough to get it's ko once it has trapped something, as the majority of the pokemon that duggy likes to trap are only really beaten because duggy outspeeds them. Diglett is even worse of than Trapinch, as a base 55 atk isn't damaging anything, and a base 95 speed doesen't near make up for that, and so is not worth considering at all. Trapinch can be used successfully, albeit far less often, and it beats far less pokemon than duggy does, and in general is a bit too situational to justify a team slot. If you want to beat steels, your best bet is mag, and if you want to trap something else you're better off using cb tar.

Is there a place i can go to see what percent of garchomp are running stealth rock (as in percent of a pokemon using a specific move) or the percent of garchomp using life (as in the percent of a specific pokemon using a specific item)
EDIT: i also mean by specific tier

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How come Dugtrio isn't S-Ranked?
I thought Pokemons that get suspected tested are S-Ranked to start with.
No – being S ranked and being suspected are two separate things. For some examples, Clefable and Landorus-T were S ranked in ORAS and never got suspected, while Gothitelle (well actually Shadow Tag, but the ban had the same effect really) and Deoxys-D were banned without them being S-ranked.
Is there a place i can go to see what percent of garchomp are running stealth rock (as in percent of a pokemon using a specific move) or the percent of garchomp using life (as in the percent of a specific pokemon using a specific item)
EDIT: i also mean by specific tier
Go here: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-01/moveset/

How often do strong teams skip out on having a Mega Pokemon? My assumption going in was that all teams would have a Mega, since their base stats are generally much better than regular Pokemon. But I've seen some teams from strong players that go without one.

How often do strong teams skip out on having a Mega Pokemon? My assumption going in was that all teams would have a Mega, since their base stats are generally much better than regular Pokemon. But I've seen some teams from strong players that go without one.
It was more in xy and oras that it was a general rule of thumb to have a mega in every team, purely because of how useful and centrallizing a lot of them are. In gen 7 however, it's not quite as much of a necessity, as there are now so many other toys to play with like ultra beasts, tapus, and z moves - not to mention that z moves themselves mean that a pokemon holding them is essentially itemless after using its z move, in the same way that megas are pretty much itemless after mega evolving, so some people are hesitant to have multiple pokemon that don't use their item slot to the maximum potential on the same team. This isn't to say that megas aren't as useful as they used to be, far from it, a good team will generally still carry a mega, but it's just that it is now a lot easier for teams to be good without having one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)