sleestacks' music and writing

woah, the one and only sleestacks... "famous" team bazaar shitposter... having SKILLS? completely unheard of!

but if you didn't know, I write music and occasionally write short stories. granted, do not expect a lot of quality - my formal education on music composition hits exactly 0 hours of classes, I never learned creative writing in school, I've only really been actively practicing these two things for about a year, and I'm still a high school student who has barely the time management skills to allow for practicing these things at all. but I need somewhere to dump my stuff for everyone to see and maybe even get a hint of feedback, so here we go:

-- BeepBox music (WARNING!!! DANGEROUSLY TERRIBLE INSTRUMENT QUALITY) --
by the way these are uploaded to vocaroo, as I don't feel like doing everything needed to setup a youtube channel when most of these are just WIPs - vocaroo is free and doesn't require you to download it to listen on any platform, so I'm using it.

and, for a bit more info on how I make my covers - I don't really stick to the source material 100%. I find it a lot more fun to just take the melody and do my own thing with a lot of the accompanying instruments to make it feel a bit more unique. i'll take inspiration and often have similar accompanying instruments, but things will almost never be 100% the same, sometimes even with the melody.

Taken For a Ride - Tally Hall (WIP)
WIP, might finish later but if I do i'll remake it in a different, higher quality program. probably my best song to come out of Beepbox, at least so far. oh, and by the way, I did a bit of experimenting with this one - I wanted to see how the song might have felt if some of the slow parts were replaced with more upbeat ones, so you will see that that's different from the original.
Exported / Editable / Original

Lacunosa Town - Pokemon Black and White

finished. kinda meh, but at least it's done.

Route 216 - Pokemon Platinum
(scrapped)
gave up on this one, probably never finishing. started this a few months ago and only had a rough idea of what even basic things like chords were (tbh I still barely know), and there were so many problems that I just lost all motivation.

Market Mingling - sleestacks

look, an original! i made this like 6 months ago and wouldnt consider it to be to the same standard of quality of most of my other music, but hey, it exists! this is basically just discount kakariko village, but I made it so it goes in the post.
Exported / Editable

-- MuseScore music --
I've been trying to get better at actually playing music recently, as I just purchased a keyboard a few days ago and want to be able to compose more efficiently with it. thus, my MuseScore skills are currently being trained so that I can play things that I make myself:

Jungle City - A Dance of Fire and Ice (WIP)
the song I'm currently working on. the ending is absolutely terrible, but that's because its a WIP right now and I'm too lazy to crop the audio file to at least have it cut out when all of the finished instruments are playing.
Exported / Original / i'll edit this with the .mscz download later, but right now I cant access my google drive

and that's it for now! in the future I hope to work more with FL studio to make my music, but at the moment these two programs are all that I can really use. they're good enough for focusing on and practicing specifically my composition so that I don't have to worry about production though, which is nice.

as for the writing... i'll post it later, but I promise there will be some half decent short stories here - some Pokemon related, and some not.

finished another song!

feel free to look around it and make any edits you'd like: https://tinyurl.com/27lr7xcx

very happy with how this turned out. i've been wanting to make snes/genesis styled music for a while, and I decided to practice with one of my favorite songs ever.

i'm planning to stray away from covers and make more original music from now on, but this feels like a fantastic sendoff to my focus on covers. i hope you enjoy, and any feedback is appreciateed!!

woah, the one and only sleestacks... "famous" team bazaar shitposter... having SKILLS? completely unheard of!

but if you didn't know, I write music and occasionally write short stories. granted, do not expect a lot of quality - my formal education on music composition hits exactly 0 hours of classes, I never learned creative writing in school, I've only really been actively practicing these two things for about a year, and I'm still a high school student who has barely the time management skills to allow for practicing these things at all. but I need somewhere to dump my stuff for everyone to see and maybe even get a hint of feedback, so here we go:

-- BeepBox music (WARNING!!! DANGEROUSLY TERRIBLE INSTRUMENT QUALITY) --
by the way these are uploaded to vocaroo, as I don't feel like doing everything needed to setup a youtube channel when most of these are just WIPs - vocaroo is free and doesn't require you to download it to listen on any platform, so I'm using it.

and, for a bit more info on how I make my covers - I don't really stick to the source material 100%. I find it a lot more fun to just take the melody and do my own thing with a lot of the accompanying instruments to make it feel a bit more unique. i'll take inspiration and often have similar accompanying instruments, but things will almost never be 100% the same, sometimes even with the melody.

Taken For a Ride - Tally Hall (WIP)
WIP, might finish later but if I do i'll remake it in a different, higher quality program. probably my best song to come out of Beepbox, at least so far. oh, and by the way, I did a bit of experimenting with this one - I wanted to see how the song might have felt if some of the slow parts were replaced with more upbeat ones, so you will see that that's different from the original.

Lacunosa Town - Pokemon Black and White

finished. kinda meh, but at least it's done.

Route 216 - Pokemon Platinum
(scrapped)
gave up on this one, probably never finishing. started this a few months ago and only had a rough idea of what even basic things like chords were (tbh I still barely know), and there were so many problems that I just lost all motivation.

Market Mingling - sleestacks

look, an original! i made this like 6 months ago and wouldnt consider it to be to the same standard of quality of most of my other music, but hey, it exists! this is basically just discount kakariko village, but I made it so it goes in the post.
Exported / Editable

-- MuseScore music --
I've been trying to get better at actually playing music recently, as I just purchased a keyboard a few days ago and want to be able to compose more efficiently with it. thus, my MuseScore skills are currently being trained so that I can play things that I make myself:

Jungle City - A Dance of Fire and Ice (WIP)
the song I'm currently working on. the ending is absolutely terrible, but that's because its a WIP right now and I'm too lazy to crop the audio file to at least have it cut out when all of the finished instruments are playing.
Exported / Original / i'll edit this with the .mscz download later, but right now I cant access my google drive

and that's it for now! in the future I hope to work more with FL studio to make my music, but at the moment these two programs are all that I can really use. they're good enough for focusing on and practicing specifically my composition so that I don't have to worry about production though, which is nice.

as for the writing... i'll post it later, but I promise there will be some half decent short stories here - some Pokemon related, and some not.

I understand that the unavailability of the essay question text box can be frustrating, but it's also an opportunity to demonstrate your writing skills and adaptability. Instead of focusing on the limitations, use this situation to sharpen your ability to synthesize information from various sources. And, when it comes to complex topics like "Where can I buy a research paper online?" https://essaypro.com/buy-research-paper-online embracing this challenge can lead to creative solutions and well-researched essays. It's a chance to explore different perspectives and sources, making your work more robust. So, while the text box may be missing, the chance to refine your research and writing skills remains readily available.
Thanks for the information!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)