Smeargle Can Sweep!?!

Yeaahh Smeargle can sweep and support! I made this "supporting" smeargle and it worked amazingly. Only faster leads that induce sleep/subs/taunt can really stop it. Sounds like alot, but owns leads like bronzong, gyarados, etc.

Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Spikes
- Endeavor
- Extremespeed

My Lead following the footsteps in Stealth Rock Azelf and Support Lead Aerodactyl footsteps. Spore is obvious. Spore the opposition and proceed to spike. Or endeavor a faster foe that thinks they got smeargle beat(Fast Lum Berry users are a problem here.) Then proceed to ohko with extremespeed. It can also be a anti-lead for slower pokes.
---

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam

My multi-wall and old-school resttalker. Designed to tank things like Garchomp, Gyarados, Deoxys, etc that can often give late-game trouble.
---

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 104 HP/252 Atk/152 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

My CB Physical Sweeper. This thing ohko or 2ohkos almost anything that doesn't resist it's attacks.
---

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/140 Atk/116 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Hypnosis
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Pursuit

My Anti-Spinner that blocks spinner trying to rid of spikes. I chose taunt to stop things like sleeptalkers, subs and Bronzong/Fortresses(Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes.) Pursuit to rid of those pesky gengars, starmie, azelf, and deoxys. I chose Hypnosis over Will-O Wisp because I didn't like the notion of Heatran switching in and I'm in love with sleep moves. Smeargle's spore ain't gonna last long anyways.
---

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

Another Physical CB user. This thing ohkos or 2ohkos anything that doesn't resist its attacks. I chose Dragon Claw over Crunch because I wanted a Stab move that doesn't get me locked like Outrage.
---

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Roar

My Physical Wall. I really didn't want to run this in my team because it can ruin my smeargle late game if it's still alive, but this thing tanks like crazy! I use stealth rock in tandem with spikes to force great damage to switch ins. I really want to consider Skarmory though... dunno if i should. Hippo saved me more than i expected with sandstream.
---
Threat List:

Tyranitar- Heracross, Hippodown
Gyarados- Cresselia
Infernape- Cresselia, Spiritomb, but NPApe gives me problems later on.
Azelf- Cresselia, Spiritomb
Electivire- Hippodown, Cresselia
Heracross- Hippodown, Spiritomb(CC), Cresselia(Megahorn/NightSlash)
Salamence- Hippodown, Cresselia
Togekiss- Mostly Situational, but I counter it
Gengar- Spiritomb
Garchomp- Cresselia, Hippodown
Lucario- Hippodown
Starmie- Cresselia, Spiritomb
Weavile- Hard to counter, hopefully Heracross and Smeargle can get it
Dugtrio- Cresselia, Hippodown
PorygonZ- Cresselia, Spiritomb
Machamp- Cresselia, Hippodown
Snorlax- Hippodown, Heracross
Zapdos- Cresselia
Suicune- Cresselia, but most Suicune now are faster and subbed. Problem!
Breloom- Cresselia
Slaking- Spiritomb, Hippodown
Ninjask- Hippodown
Metagross- Hippodown
Heatran- Cresselia, Spiritomb(Specs version can be a problem to tomb)
Jirachi- Hippodown, Garchomp, Cresselia
Dragonite- Same as Garchomp
Mamoswine- Cresselia
Gallade- Same as Heracross
Yanmega- Real Problem. If spiritomb can force it to sleep. oh dang..
Kingdra- Cresselia
Roserade- Cresselia
Scizor- Hippodown
Deoxys-S- Spiritomb, Cresselia

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sure, that Smeargle set looks good, but it also looks as if it would get shut down way too easily. It's a really risky set and you could find yourself at 5-6 straight away. Taunt leads are becoming common. I suggest you replace Smeargle with a Blissey, to keep special threats in check. You said you have Yanmega troubles and what you stated as your Togekiss defeat method is too risky. WishBliss would go well here, providing support for Spiritomb and co.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm - 252 Defence/80 Sp.Attack/176 Sp.Defence
-Wish
-Protect
-Flamethrower
-Toxic/Thunderwave

Finally, Yache Berry over Choice Band on Chomp. It's ever so threatening with a Yache Berry. Also, Swords Dance over Outrage.

Spiritomb and Dusknoir OWN this team, especially Dusknoir.

One word. TAUNT.

It hurts Hippowdon, Spiritomb AND Smeargle. Not good, because, Dusknoir normally runs Ice Punch, which can kill ALL these pokemon. Smeargle not so much, but Taunt locks it down. I'd put a Taunter for a starter personally, e.g, your Spiritomb. This will normally be faster than Dusknoir, so it's your only hope. Taunt their taunter so they can't taunt your Taunter xD

SU

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Err, you do know that Heracross can flat out beat Dusknoir?

And what Dusknoir has Taunt :/.

Finally, Yache Berry over Choice Band on Chomp. It's ever so threatening with a Yache Berry. Also, Swords Dance over Outrage.
[/QUOTE]
put SD over dragon claw instead of outrage, it's way more beastly after a SD.
WAAAAAAAAAAAY more beastly.
it can 2HKO a CB metagross!

Why have you chosen Spikes over Toxic Spikes on Smeargle? Toxic Spikes is much more used, although I can't say that means it's better.

I certainly think it is much more effective, as it bites Garchomp in the ass.

You may have a certain reason for Spikes, and if you do, ok.

If you run Choice band garchomp, you might want to consider putting stone edge over dragon claw or outrage to hit Flyers like Gyarados harder and possibly KO. You lack a special wall that can really take hits so Blissey might be a good idea to put on your team.

I actually won't take any of your suggestions(I do appreciate positive Smeargle comments) except when -K- stated Taunt on Spiritomb because:

-I will not use Bliss. I WILL NOT REPLACE SMEARGLE.

-I don't want SDchomp. I'm experienced at using CBchomp since D/P started and to brag =D(My prediction skills is really good.) I like 2ohko things on the switch and take out their walls.

-I faced a good amount of dusknoirs, I owned them with Heracross and Garchomp(2 OHKO on the switch baby!) No Dusknoir wants to stay against Heracross unless it has Fire Punch, but its 2ohko on Heracross.

-And No, I will not use ScarfChomp. It's fast(which I lack,) but it hits like trash. I'm all about power...

-One Gallade did give me a problem when it SDed on the switch, which is why i considered Will-O-Wisp on Spiritomb. But I won about 4 out 5 matches against gallade-users.

-Yes SceptileGen, I do have a reason for Spikes. Some people just let Smeargle set up spikes and I get to do 2 or 3. 19% and 25% initial damage hurts more than 6%, 12%, etc... That 19% or 25% helps Heracross or Garchomp 2ohko some walls that might not be 2ohko normally(Exactly why I use Dragon Claw)

-Speaking of Dragon Claw... Intimidate Gyarados takes 42% of health from CB Dragon Claw from Garchomp. After that I can switch to Cressy and finish it off or 2ohko it if I got rocks up.

-Cressy serves as my multi-purpose wall, good enough to shrug off alot of hits not named gengar and yanmega.

-In Conclusion, I won a good amount of battles like 75% when Smeargle did not work in those matches.

I highly doubt that Smeargle can scratch a decent battler in game.

I'd give Heracross Pursuit rather than Night Slash. Give CB Garchomp Stone Edge rather than Dragon Claw, since you already have a sufficient Outrage attack.

Your team isn't viable enough to counter a Calm Minder like Suicune, since your charge beam Rest Talker Cresselia won't do shit on a CM Suicune and get swept easily.

(Also, you don't want anyone's suggestions, you just wasted your time writing down all this info for no absolute reason)

I highly doubt that Smeargle can scratch a decent battler in game.

I'd give Heracross Pursuit rather than Night Slash. Give CB Garchomp Stone Edge rather than Dragon Claw, since you already have a sufficient Outrage attack.

Your team isn't viable enough to counter a Calm Minder like Suicune, since your charge beam Rest Talker Cresselia won't do shit on a CM Suicune and get swept easily.

(Also, you don't want anyone's suggestions, you just wasted your time writing down all this info for no absolute reason)
-I don't like Stone Edge accuracy however. CM suicune as you mentioned is a problem and most of the time i had to sacrifice a poke to kill it or make a major prediction move.

-I considered pursuit and yes i do think thats a better option cause i want to own gengar's, etc that thinks im scarfed with night slash.

-See, I listened to you =D.

Well Stone Edge is sufficient towards daeling massive damage to Zapdos' and Gyarados' which are very common and hardly anything in your team stops Zapdos, but Heracross. And your Heracross lacks some speed to revenge kill Zapdos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)