CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2b

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 600 dragons are all countered by a bulky or fast Ice Beamer, and Metagross and TTar are countered by fast sweepers with a super-effective move. Those obviously are very large pools of Pokémon. Gengar is countered by Weavile or any bulky Pursuiter, and other fast sweepers such as Weavile, Jolteon, and Aerodactyl are countered by anything bulky.
Ugh, look up the definition of counter before you go saying something like that. If by "counter" you mean "revenge kill", there's a massive amount of things that can "counter" Syclant. If you need 10...Crobat, Swellow, Ninjask, and Aerodactyl can easily do it without a Scarf, and with a Scarf the list is massive (Azelf, Garchomp, Salamence, Infernape, Electivire, Flygon, the list goes on for a long time). Syclant's stats aren't anywhere near so impressive that it can OHKO everything in OU, either.

Wow, Ghost/Fight is dominating. At this point I sadly doubt there's really a case for Grass/Ghost, so may as well get on with discussing what Ghost/Fight will be like.

One concern I have is that we'll get another tank like Dusknoir - we already have two ghost type tanks and several special sweepers (I was actually hoping for a bulky special-ish sweeper/supporter for a Grass/Ghost, maybe something along the lines of Celebi, but eh), but we don't have a single ghost physical sweeper. Also, care will have to be taken that this isn't overpowered - Ghost/Fighting is an obscenely good type combo both offensively (NOTHING can switch in without fearing a neutral STAB and many of the biggest walls like Cress and Bliss are hit SE) and defensively (several very useful resists and two out of it's 3 weaknesses are fairly rarely used for offense).

As for stat spreads, I obviously don't want a tank-ish spread. Something that's decently powerful on the physical side, slightly bulky in both defensive stats, and has slightly above average speed would be my top pick (in general, think a toned-down version of Garchomp's stats). Like... 90/120/85/80/75/95. It still has enough defense to switch into Heracross safely but many neutral STAB attacks will be enough to 2 or 1HKO it.

So make it slow and frail, if you must make it at all.
Exactly why it would be perfect for a Banette evolution >_>

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Well, despite the fact Ghost/Fight took an early lead, I still hold true to my first choice even if it might not win.

Ghost/Grass, yo

Sweet, Ghost/Fight is in the lead. I hope it gets 580 bst, a fast bulky sweeper with no 4x weakness is just what we need. I couldn't imagine Nintendo not going for something like that.

Oh my god, must everything that Smogon creates be insanely broken? Syclant has nothing that can safely switch into it, and a Ghost/Fighting has nothing that can bring it down besides a few obscure BL sweepers. Defensively or offensively, Ghost/Fighting would break the metagame. I obviously voted Ghost/Grass.
Yikes...not easily satisfied I see? Looks...I understand your angry towards seeing this thing become broken like you believe, I feel the same way too....but do you know how fucking hard it is to get everyone to fucking agree on something and make it balance enough to actually please everyone? It's a communtiy driven thing, not eight people with actually knowledge on what's balance and what's not so the majority of the voters are unedcatued on the art of "Balance" or just want their dream pokemon to become real regardless of broken-ness. Some of us actually do care about it not being broken and comment like these make one think "Why can't you be satisfied? I'm doing everything in my power to make you happy but you keep spitting back into my face like a spoiled baby." Personally I would say give us some damn slack here, we as an commutiy are trying our best here...we can't please every-fucking-body you know and comment like your doesn't help much.

If we made it have 300 BST and/or some Regigigas like ability, would that make you happy?

Name ten OU/BL counters and I'll be satisfied. The 600 dragons are all countered by a bulky or fast Ice Beamer, and Metagross and TTar are countered by fast sweepers with a super-effective move. Those obviously are very large pools of Pokémon. Gengar is countered by Weavile or any bulky Pursuiter, and other fast sweepers such as Weavile, Jolteon, and Aerodactyl are countered by anything bulky.

EDIT: A Ghost/Fighting mixed attacker would be broken if it were either fast or bulky. So make it slow and frail, if you must make it at all. Also, we already have a mixed attacker in Syclant.
Why are you trying to be stupid? Can YOU name 10 counters for ANYTHING? Saying the 600 Dragons are countered by a fast or bulky Ice Beamer is an extremely vague argument. I could easily say "a Ghost/Fighting is countered by anything faster than it is with a strong Psychic attack, or with a strong Flying attack and is bulky enough to not get KOed." There are plenty of counters for a fast Ghost/Fighting, and they don't just need a SE attack. A slow, frail pokemon would be worthless, and I don't think we're trying to re-design Luvdisc.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Sweet, Ghost/Fight is in the lead. I hope it gets 580 bst, a fast bulky sweeper with no 4x weakness is just what we need. I couldn't imagine Nintendo not going for something like that.
Hay man, your biding sarcasm is a real downer. :(

Wow, way to totally ignore the fact that the last poll resulted in something that is entirely not broken and just sorta come up with your own thoughts.

If you want to create a pokemon exactly as you want it, this is my suggestion. Open up word and paint, type everything you want it to be in Word, make the sprite in paint, send it to Nintendo. Simple.

Or, if you want a community sprite, you just wait and let people VOTE on it.

Okay, so now people are complaining about Ghost being broken? Didn't I say that I dreaded working on Ghost because something like this would happen? Yet, you all voted for Ghost anyways.

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING THAT WAS VOTED FOR.

Ghost/Fight.

Screw you guys and your ghost walls.

I want a toned down Garchomp, something around 525-535 BST with good Attk (120-125), usable Spd (90-95-100), decent defenses (90-100/85-90/85-90) and bad but still usable SAttk, around 70 or so.

We do not need another Ghost tank. So for the love of god don't vote for it.

Since Fire is gone, I voted Fighting. I guess I'll have to try to make it uber now. Curse you all! lol Seriously, voted for fighting because I want Grass for the next poll.

Voted Fighting like Cooper wanted!

I agree with everyone, this thing needs a lot of care so it wont be overpowered. Maybe make it similar to arcanine, meaning a much smaller but uasable movepool? And maybe a ability thats very situaional? Theres a lot of options to counterbalance the awesome typing.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well i'm saving my vote, so can anyone tell me the scores?

EDIT: Bah....

Base stats for a good ghost/fighting:

Base total:520
65hp/115atk/70def/80spa/70spd/120spd

Basically a weavile-like pokemon with less attack, no pursuit, but much better typing.
We need a good physical ghost as well, so I believe that this will be very welcome.
And don't say it's broken or unkillable, it has paper defences which will crumble to a well placed attack.

Hey people! We haven't decided the role yet!

I'm actually going to put a lot of time and energy into the role polls. We will decide offense or defense first. Then we decide physical, special, or mixed. Then we decide speed. And then we decide bulk for offense, or amount of offense for defense. All of these polls will be text based. So those of you designing Base Stat spreads, lay off it. We have 20+ options as for how this thing will be oriented, don't waste your time making completely useless ones.

Edit: hahaha Jibaku. This board has enough uber discussion going on currently.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
voted ghost/fighting. can we PLEASE stop with the whole "i dont like it and im going to call it broken because my little pet project didnt win". the community has spoken.

ghost/rock could have worked because of, BOULDERGEIST!

EDIT: tennisace. we have the right to call this pokemon broken if we want. it has the best stabbed double attack typing in the game, and it is great defensive type wise. i wanted grass/ghost because i wasnt looking to make the best fucking pokemon i could. i was looking for a balanced pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)