Other Smogon Doubles: A Funny Gimmick Team

Hello, I am New Old Competitor, and I am making an RMT for a gimmick team that I made a while ago as a gimmick team, but it is extremely silly. Also, bear in mind that this is my first RMT, so it will be silly most likely.

I mostly play BH and other metagames, but I mainly just teambuild. One day, I decided to teambuild a gimmick team for BH, and I thought of Electrify, the signature move of the Helioptile family. After a chain of thought processes, I decided to make a team off of this concept for Smogon Doubles, even though Electrify didn't effect all mons out. This is the team I made:

Let's get started, shall we?
Heliolisk

Heliolisk was on the team for one purpose: to help Electivire get Spd boosts. As such, it only really had two moves (Volt Switch and Electrify) and a scarf. This allowed him to aid Electivire gain boosts via Motor Drive. Next.

Helioptile
Helioptile was a bit more specialized. Since it could have an Eviolite, I used it. I had the same two moves, but added two other moves (Glare and Thunder Wave) for paralysis. Simple. Next.

Clefable
With all the mons with Electrify gone (except Smeargle), I decided to go on to supporters. Clefable was perfect; with Follow Me, it could draw damage away from the main mons, while with Heal Pulse, it could recover them from stray non-electric attacks. The other two moves (wish and Protect) gave Clefable more longevity so it could draw more attacks away. With Magic Guard, the few status abusers in Doubles would be a bit screwed. Next.
Lucario
Good ole Luke was the cleaner and fall back poke on the team: if the strategy failed, Luke could use ExtremeSpeed to knock out weakened mons. The rest of the set is just for damage. Next.
Pachirisu
Look at this cutie! Can you resist this devilish ball of cute?
Moving on to the actually team, Pachirisu basically was support and supported by Electivire. Discharge on both meant that Pachirisu gained recovery due to Volt Absorb, while Electivire's Motor Drive was powered up by Pachirisu's own Discharge. Next.

Electivire
Electivire was the main mon on the team. He would go out first to gain boosts from Helioptile/Heliolisk, while Follow Me drew the attacks to itself. This allowed for more speed boosts, meaning more damage. To be honest, I didn't like using Electivire; I used it because Follow Me+Lightningrod Pikachu was illegal.

And here is the paste:
Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electrify
- Volt Switch
-
-

Helioptile @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Electrify
- Volt Switch
- Glare
- Thunder Wave

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Heal Pulse
- Wish

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Claw

Pachirisu @ Air Balloon
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Protect
- Charge Beam

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Follow Me
- Discharge
- Psychic
- Ice Punch

incredibly weak to ground also NOC you realise that it specifically says that there should be no gimmicks here? Anyway maybe rotom>pachirisu due to levitate and burning also scarf gardevoir over lucario to deal with both mons.

incredibly weak to ground also NOC you realise that it specifically says that there should be no gimmicks here? Anyway maybe rotom>pachirisu due to levitate and burning also scarf gardevoir over lucario to deal with both mons.
I never said this was a good team. It does say in the title that this is a gimmick team, so doesn't that mean something? Just saying, but I really meant gimmick when I said gimmick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)