NOC Smogon Mafia Mafia (Won by the Mafia)

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Am I crazy or isn't this just textbook scum-Ehmcee?

Super tryhard, way more tryhard than town games
Way more forthcoming with reads, his first post in the game is a detailed read.
To say this would imply I have a textbook

I've been scum once ever, plus I haven't even posted a read list the entire game

Also yeah, d1 vigi claim helps

Celever

no longer hibernating
is a Community Contributor
Also just pointing out the difference this game is just that… I haven’t had a lockscum read yet, so with where I’m currently at I’ve mainly been having to defend obvtown against imo bad sus (pulsar, fairy, skipper), or pushing good votes that thin a better PoE but yeah out of that PoE I don’t care that much who leaves.

Like you’re asking me to do something that would make no sense this game. I also led 2 and a half wagons so far (AG which flamed out and then later co-led skipper, and now Zippy) so even though my tone is detached because that’s kind of how I feel rn, the idea I’m cruising and not pushing my opinions is def not accurate. Because to be fair I also do that when I’m mafia I don’t really take a low profile in these games ever.

I mean I guess I just disagree with the idea that that’s the only reason I’d become detached lol. I communicated why I was becoming detached while it was happening, it’s not like it was a subconscious effect of my ego, I was very aware of why I didn’t like the vote and I communicated why to the thread. This line or argument works better if it is actually in a small or subtle way, but that’s not very accurate to this game.

And FWIW I have way more of an ego as mafia than as town lol. Earlier into revival when I was town, unfamiliarity with the much of the new playerbase + genuinely just more newer players knocking about who we’re still getting to grips with being good members of the town resulted in my heroing more than I actually tend to as town nowadays. My champs game last year is much more representative of my usual town play, and I’d say this game is more of a return to form toward that because I’m A) more comfortable with the players and with having meta I can use and B) busier and therefore just more chill when on here LOL
I agree that that isn't the only reason you'd become detached. I don't necessarily believe that the alternatives you provided ARE the reasons you became detached.

Players that are good at communication with reasonable scumgames can justify what they're doing and come up with consistent narratives. I almost don't even really read (I mean, I read everything, but don't consider important) a lot of the actual text coming from good players like you and Sam and just focus on what you do, combining that with any mechanical information I have.

Also just pointing out the difference this game is just that… I haven’t had a lockscum read yet, so with where I’m currently at I’ve mainly been having to defend obvtown against imo bad sus (pulsar, fairy, skipper), or pushing good votes that thin a better PoE but yeah out of that PoE I don’t care that much who leaves.

Like you’re asking me to do something that would make no sense this game. I also led 2 and a half wagons so far (AG which flamed out and then later co-led skipper, and now Zippy) so even though my tone is detached because that’s kind of how I feel rn, the idea I’m cruising and not pushing my opinions is def not accurate. Because to be fair I also do that when I’m mafia I don’t really take a low profile in these games ever.
I don't think you can claim credit for defending obvtown skipper against bad sus when you were literally that person...

Celever what was your rostam read? u scumread them or just didnt care that they got voted out? i dont get why you didnt vote them if u cared so much about saving pulsar because one person switching their vote from rostam to pulsar would have tied the vote

Players that are good at communication with reasonable scumgames can justify what they're doing and come up with consistent narratives. I almost don't even really read (I mean, I read everything, but don't consider important) a lot of the actual text coming from good players like you and Sam and just focus on what you do, combining that with any mechanical information I have.
Yeah I agree that this is a better way of reading these types of people

I co-led the D1 skipper wagon when he still hadn’t posted anything lol different to now
And at the time this was a bit of a consensus wagon following the announce-AG debacle where there was at least a few people considering moving already. My original point wasn't that you stop pushing wagons, it's that you're more likely to push consensus or compromise wagons as scum.

I already know that it's impossible to vote you without getting into a literally infinite argument with you lmao.

Celever

no longer hibernating
I agree that that isn't the only reason you'd become detached. I don't necessarily believe that the alternatives you provided ARE the reasons you became detached.

I mean I agree I could spin a town narrative on pretty much anything I do after the fact as scum, it’s why I tend not to go into detailed defence of myself in general because it’s kinda meaningless but it feels necessary with this specific line of argument lol. I think spinning that town narrative essentially live / while it’s happening, especially when doing something that is a pretty bad play (Rostam was a dead man walking, not full sending a bus on that is open wolfing at best for super small gain) is both a skill I have much less, and also something I would just not do as mafia lol. I have no qualms bussing a teammate, never have and never will, and your case on my mentality is that I got dispirited because I couldn’t be flashy and bus my teammate… but I could have done? I just didn’t; because they’re not my teammate lol.

Celever

no longer hibernating
Celever what was your rostam read? u scumread them or just didnt care that they got voted out? i dont get why you didnt vote them if u cared so much about saving pulsar because one person switching their vote from rostam to pulsar would have tied the vote
I had enough faith in town not to let the wagon tie twice LMAO, but I was also active at deadline and said if someone voted pulsar I’d vote Rostam, I just didn’t have to.

My read on Rostam was I townleaned them mainly through semi-consistent mindmelding, but looking only at their disappearance in the latter half of D2 + the mechanic argument by Blazade made it a probably 50/50 whether they were scum or not

I mean I agree I could spin a town narrative on pretty much anything I do after the fact as scum, it’s why I tend not to go into detailed defence of myself in general because it’s kinda meaningless but it feels necessary with this specific line of argument lol. I think spinning that town narrative essentially live / while it’s happening, especially when doing something that is a pretty bad play (Rostam was a dead man walking, not full sending a bus on that is open wolfing at best for super small gain) is both a skill I have much less, and also something I would just not do as mafia lol. I have no qualms bussing a teammate, never have and never will, and your case on my mentality is that I got dispirited because I couldn’t be flashy and bus my teammate… but I could have done? I just didn’t; because they’re not my teammate lol.
I don't think you thought he was a dead man walking until you argued with me for a bit, that equivocating my saying Jalmont was jusy the nightkill would be enough. And indeed, many townies didn't necessarily believe my case was airtight. Indeed, I may even have gotten lucky from a mechanics perspective if Hooker is below Martyr in priority.

And i think by finding the post myself I robbed you of bus credit. I know you bus, I've told you as much. You bus in flashier, decisive ways, either breaking flashwagon ties or being tbe first to really build a case. Neither of those were possible with Rostam which I think did put you in a slightly awkward spot.

Celever

no longer hibernating
I don't think you thought he was a dead man walking until you argued with me for a bit, that equivocating my saying Jalmont was jusy the nightkill would be enough. And indeed, many townies didn't necessarily believe my case was airtight. Indeed, I may even have gotten lucky from a mechanics perspective if Hooker is below Martyr in priority.

And i think by finding the post myself I robbed you of bus credit. I know you bus, I've told you as much. You bus in flashier, decisive ways, either breaking flashwagon ties or being tbe first to really build a case. Neither of those were possible with Rostam which I think did put you in a slightly awkward spot.
I mean, I think bussing your partner is inherently flashy I genuinely don’t think being flashier than that is of particular benefit. I may be an inherently flashy player as either faction, but “bussing the person” is the move and that’s what would feed my ego if successful, not “bussing the person in the most extravagant way possible”.

And actually I’d never build a case from scratch against a scumbud just to bus them. I think that’s just misplaying unless they’re literally outed and you’re sure town will realise that soon. I guess that ironically kind of applies to Rostam and I v much didn’t do that this game lol.

Prob worth a reread but IIRC I called him being a dead man walking super early into the day, it was certainly where my mindset was at. It was certainly before responding to your post with the maths which is I think what you’re referring to here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)