Smogon Premier League XV - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
some predictions to pass time as there were many week 1 debuts that i felt deserve some flowers

Laroxyl vs Beraldo: laroxyl game made me laugh last week since he somehow predicted double protect to work and it paid off. this is a higher caliber read than most are capable of as he knew his opponent was intrinsically lucky as balls and would not only go for it, but also would actually get the double protect. hard to bet against someone with a higher power like this, either you get it or you dont. I think beraldo played pretty good last week but toxapex is bad so he had some self sabotage there. also when is nunes going to be in OU? did he get bought? he's good at OU when hes stealing my teams

SS OU: 3d vs MichaelderBeste2 - nice battle i liked watching both games involving these players last week. michael and his trusty buzzwole have accomplished a lot in 2023 but i think this week we will see either the empo koko hippo stall or blaziken germany shit. 3d is fun to watch turn by turn player, impulse and feeling work, but not every turn, some brain and gameplanning is required i fear. Also needs to learn how to pick team without beas help

ORAS OU: xray vs Lusa - two of my sons, but xray always entertaining to watch and always brings shit mons like talonflame/seis and it pleases me to see.

SV OU: lax vs Fc - go watch FC game if you didnt last week, very well played especially midgame after a LEAD WOAT (VERY HARD TO RECOVER FROM). tough game for lax last week, there were some misplays in battle but also bro was using sweeper skarmory, iron defense 2 attack roost, so self sabotage also played a part in this as it usually does. no matter though, my boy will bounce back heroically. i wont bold anyone here too bad

SV OU: Mimikyu Stardust vs oldspicemike - i wanted to buy oldspicemike but bro is more expensive than all 4 of my SV players so COULDNT DO IT. mimikyu famous for 10000000 ladder games, has improved bc wtf else is the effect of this many ladder games. jokes aside it pleases me to see SPL debut victories and i have no qualms with how he played his game at all, it was a good win. that being said, oldspicemike is for sure one of the top sv in this pool and is better so i bolded it. i will be watching this

SM OU: GeniusX vs Charmflash: GENIUSX IS SHEISTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. outrageous game last week

ORAS OU: fade vs pj - im a big jonathan fan, i used to always tell him he was ass but i saw firsthand his molding of oras and i can respect it bc i thought only jonas and cbb were capable of that in recent years. he shuda won week 1 nice hax gondra nice iron head that shit made a LOT OF SENSE

BW OU: watashi vs Fakes - unmissable match. two ancient beasts compete for the win. Fakes you have a lot to improve on buddy but maybe you win this one. I'll be watching live to scare you. GO WATASHI!!!!

SV OU: Garay Oak vs DAHLI - i will be watching live both players are good, dahli i first recognized his skill back in scl definitely a good player in sv and i like his team choice most of the time. I can't remember that many Garay Oak games but the ones I do remember he always makes don plays. except this one time i saw roro do the nasty on him in adv. not relevant to this game though.

SV OU: Storm Zone vs Punny: Storm is quite proficient in generation 9 and i would have liked to draft him but similarly to oldspicemike his prirce was quite high as people have started to realize my bro isnt some ladder gigascrub and has the handles for this generation down. there will be some mistakes here and there but everyone throws so relax. punny to me has always been one of the most innovative offensive builders and players and i respect that he is continuing in gen 9 instead of farming gen8. Good luck DM ME BLUNDER

SV OU: JJ09LIE vs Sylveon used calm mind: JJ is tough, was watching his olt run and it was quite impressive from what i saw including the series where he lost to vert (shuda won game 2 he got haxed and im never wrong buddy). Game vs finch was very impressive too, as finch is obv a top player in this sv pool. like i said i always love seeing a debut win and i felt like that win was so good for jj own mentality and playmaking ability. Bro countered skarm w volc (Insert Writing Hand Emoji Here). I have always said that SUCM is a good player that always self sabotages by using dogshit cheese and takes themself out of winning the game before the shit even starts. i was very pleased to see them bring a real team vs lax (featuring bandorus which is for sure a swag pick so good job ur swag) and they played a good game. trust me bro Sylveon used calm mind . just keep using minds goat bax team and change one or two mons each week. for sure going 6-3.

ADV OU: M Dragon vs McMeghan - who wants to bet $100 that this game does not end with both sides saying "gg" and thats all? I am so serious

SV OU: Akalli vs Freezai: not seen akalli play since OLT where I think he needed to really pick diff teams bc i said in another chat "all akalli gonna use is zap dog garg" and thats what happened and he lost. anyways still a good player and anyone who stays at top of the ladder has a good grasp on this. thats a true fact for generation 9, u need to ladder to stay proficient and know techs / tera types. SPL debut so I am rooting for him and also hoping we see a cool team too. Good luck bro. Freeze needs to 100% practice more SV after week 1 i can see that he is not familiar with a lot of stuff. Always been high on his playing ability, but like i said gen9 it requires practice you cant just say i hope so and click buttons

SM OU: Welli0u vs Pzz: Welli0u has always been good at SM, in fact hes one of the few to beat me in it when it was CG ((((VERY RARE FEAT)))) However.... Using Cress in SM? At ur big age buddy? After all u've seen in this tier!?!?!? No more self sabotage please load up that standard lokb and get to business this week. Anyways I like seeing people win and then feel themselves and talk shit and thats who this guy is so i hope he wins. tough game for pzz last week, idk if he built his own team, but ABR and starmaster need to apologize to smogtours community for QCing that shit ass SM team which is a bad version of 2018 blunder medicham stour playoffs goober ownage v ojama team

ORAS OU: Niko vs Seasons: its clear to a lot of people that Niko is playing at his highest level right now. He is at the awkward skill level where he goes for a good price in SPL but not enough to be the centerpiece of a team and force his draft opinions, which explains why he be landing on some weird looking teams instead of farming gen6 for raiders which is what i thought was going to happen in the draft. Anwyays he's top 3 in this pool, and brings cool teams. i am a major fan of his sm team with offensive zapdos and mega tyranitar ive seen a lot of people go out sad vs that one. Seasons is my dude, will be rooting for him vs most players, but Niko for sure is a more consistent player. anything is possible with practice though my boy so get in the lab cuz this oras pool is crazy, and you havent even played the big threat santu yet

also why is dj breloominati benched? that type of week 1 performance and put on bench? Uh ok !

Anyways, best of luck to all teams, rooting for the new players to continue their streaks in sv + also tdk since some of u need to learn respect and see my goat cook this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)