Smogon should ban everything I've ever lost to

Yesterday, I came back home from buying my daily order of 56 Funko Pops, excited to watch my daily dose of POKEMON SHOWDOWN EPIC MAGIKARP SWEEP OWNS SALTY LEGENDARY SPAMMER videos, eat cheetos, (REDACTED), and grind ladder to 1200 elo in Showdown, not necessarily in that specific order. Anyhow, when playing my first match with my very original Extreme Evoboost Baton Pass team, my opponent had the gull to use a priority move. You heard that right, a PRIORITY move. I immediately began writing down the Landorus-T’s smogon analysis on chat, hoping that my opponent would have a stroke reading that nonsense, die, and make me win by timeout. That didn’t happen, so I painfully lost my 12 points. It goes without saying that I immediately reported that filthy hacker to the PS mods, who promptly told me that “good players tend to use good mons”, that I should “stop wasting their time”, and that they “fucked my mom”. How is this fair? If I have a higher speed, I move first, those are the basic rules of pokemon, probably written somewhere in the American Declaration of Independence. To that rule to be altered is like honey becoming sour, rivers stopping to flow, or Genshin Impact players not being attracted to minors. Smogon clearly doesn't know how Pokemon works, otherwise my requests to ban Toxapex would have been treated with the respect they deserve. If my complaints aren't addressed soon, I will stop playing smogon formats as a protest indefinitely, or until I get bored in like 30 minutes, but that's besides the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i enjoy these satirical pokemon meltdowns but i wish you guys would name pokemon i know

ihni wtf a toxapex is, or a landorus-t, or a (REDACTED)

now i have to go google these

Last edited by a moderator:

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
Ok but fr though, I know this a joke post but I do honestly and sincerely wish NatDex would ban mega Lopunny. The only reason I haven’t broken 1100 ELO is because every time I’m about to break it someone brings a mega Lopunny and I have to take a 10 minute breather. Some critics might suggest that I “have a problem” and “should get a girlfriend”, but personally I choose to blame Smogon for my inability to look mega Lopunny in the eyes

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've also thought about a possible "politically charged" plot in Pokemon, our at least one that alludes to it. However mine went ALL the way where I actually have a conservative vs liberal plot (which I flavored as "tradition vs progression"... and yes, there's two villain teams each representing the extreme sides of both beliefs). The region is one region though has a more defined "northern" and "southern" side with concerns such extreme difference would lead to the region leaders deciding to split the region into two. Finally the Champion is a Representative from the middle area of the region (which neither looks extremely traditional nor progressive) who is trying to keep both sides from splitting (and just so we finally have this trope done and give the player some involvement in the plot, the Champion is one of the player's parent (I imagine it being the mother just to also break the mother's role of being contained to the player's home)). And yes, the Legendary mascots are an elephant and donkey.

I've also thought about a possible "politically charged" plot in Pokemon, our at least one that alludes to it. However mine went ALL the way where I actually have a conservative vs liberal plot (which I flavored as "tradition vs progression"... and yes, there's two villain teams each representing the extreme sides of both beliefs). The region is one region though has a more defined "northern" and "southern" side with concerns such extreme difference would lead to the region leaders deciding to split the region into two. Finally the Champion is a Representative from the middle area of the region (which neither looks extremely traditional nor progressive) who is trying to keep both sides from splitting (and just so we finally have this trope done and give the player some involvement in the plot, the Champion is one of the player's parent (I imagine it being the mother just to also break the mother's role of being contained to the player's home)). And yes, the Legendary mascots are an elephant and donkey.
joe how many librals you need to chance lightbulb

none, their to busy theyre gender

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i’d love to help you market pokemon confederacy and pokemon union, you have something unique on your hands

Yesterday, I came back home from buying my daily order of 56 Funko Pops, excited to watch my daily dose of POKEMON SHOWDOWN EPIC MAGIKARP SWEEP OWNS SALTY LEGENDARY SPAMMER videos, eat cheetos, (REDACTED), and grind ladder to 1200 elo in Showdown, not necessarily in that specific order. Anyhow, when playing my first match with my very original Extreme Evoboost Baton Pass team, my opponent had the gull to use a priority move. You heard that right, a PRIORITY move. I immediately began writing down the Landorus-T’s smogon analysis on chat, hoping that my opponent would have a stroke reading that nonsense, die, and make me win by timeout. That didn’t happen, so I painfully lost my 12 points. It goes without saying that I immediately reported that filthy hacker to the PS mods, who promptly told me that “good players tend to use good mons”, that I should “stop wasting their time”, and that they “fucked my mom”. How is this fair? If I have a higher speed, I move first, those are the basic rules of pokemon, probably written somewhere in the American Declaration of Independence. To that rule to be altered is like honey becoming sour, rivers stopping to flow, or Genshin Impact players not being attracted to minors. Smogon clearly doesn't know how Pokemon works, otherwise my requests to ban Toxapex would have been treated with the respect they deserve. If my complaints aren't addressed soon, I will stop playing smogon formats as a protest indefinitely, or until I get bored in like 30 minutes, but that's besides the point.
1647866852701.png

Ignoring this bad take, just get better at the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)