Playoffs Smogon Tour Season 25 Playoffs [Won by blunder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
16. FLCL vs 4. SoulWind - Close one here, but SoulWind should take BW and the other two ever-so-slightly favor FLCL, but I'm convinced SW will find a way to take one of the two if he could do so against John last round. I am interested in seeing what SoulWind brings in BW to try and position himself well against a likely strong Rain that FLCL can bring -- wouldn't be shocked to see some cheesy shenanigans to counteract this if SoulWind feels confident enough going down that route. The SM and ORAS games should be treats for the spectators if we don't see click city round two from the Spaniard after last round. SoulWind's team choices tend to be pretty strong and his piloting has come a long way in both generations, but FLCL has been a mainstay in both SM and ORAS, so he is going to have a great shot at both games. Whoever makes more aggressive plays that do not backfire will come out on top here, I reckon.
7. blunder vs 14. Mounts - Mounts has had a really respectable run and I would not count him out against anyone right now, but I think blunder just wants it more than just about anyone else right now with the whole trophyless nonsense hanging above his head and the fact that he knows he is capable. I do think there's a chance blunder holds himself back by being too heavy on the reads, which he has had a tendency to do in the past, but he played relatively well earlier today against Ojama, so I see him being favored here, against Mounts, as well. The real tipping point for me here is the fact that as good as Mounts is in ORAS, I do not think he is much better than blunder, if he even is better -- they may very well be even. And in the other two tiers, blunder has more experience flat-out (hell, he's even peaking in BW as of late, which I feel he is significantly advantaged in here). Cool series and the ORAS game is bound to be a thriller if no nonsense occurs, but I think blunder's versatility and motivation will lead him to victory in 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)