• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogmon

This format is based on a competitive, lore friendly re-imagining on Pokemons abilities and typing. There are so many Pokemon with the potential for greatness yet their typing or abilities hold them back.

Competitive wise, I want this format to change that and allow the Pokemons stats and movepool really shine. There are so many Pokemon that have either useless abilities or abilities that don’t synergies with their typing or stats. With the help of the Smogon community, I am sure we can make just about every Pokemon feel competitive even with the restriction keeping at least 1 original typing and using lore friendly abilities

Lore wise, Isn’t it annoying to see a Pokemon’s typing and it not quite make the Pokemon itself. This is something I would love to fix in these re-typings. The restrictions I feel are important to place are: 1. Maintain one original typing, 2. The typing must fit with the Pokedex entries, 3. The typing changes must corroborate with the Pokemon’s movepool. In reference to abilities, they just need to be lore friendly.

This format is to increase the competitiveness of the Pokemon we have and flesh them out more. This is not to absolutely break Pokemon. Competitive is different from broken

I would love to get this format going, but I don’t know the steps to getting a new format in PokemonShowdown. If anyone knowledgeable about such things or would like to participate, I would love a PM.

I might as well put some input it.

From what I've read, you're proposing another edited metagame. In order for this to actually take off, you're gonna need some idea of what you would actually change. Also, making the OP look prettier would always help. If you're interested in proposing a new metagame, you should probably have some idea as to what the purpose of this metagame is going to be. Is it going to make every pokemon viable? Every playstyle? Is it designed for higher competitive value? Or are you just looking to create a fun, quirky metagame with numerous twists and sets constantly being discovered. Look at some of the other threads in the OM forums for ideas on formatting the OP and formatting your changes. Also, fix these [ FONT=Times New Roman][ /FONT].

Good luck with your metagame

Tory

Banned deucer.
Hot Smogon? Well, lets see if this thread will survive. I don't want it to die with trolls. Will I join? Hmm..., I will think about it. Right now, I need to make more money with my e-commerce techniques. :)

This format is based on a competitive, lore friendly re-imagining on Pokemons abilities and typing. There are so many Pokemon with the potential for greatness yet their typing or abilities hold them back. [/SIZE]
Organizing this, and keeping a log will be a good idea. Too me there may be too much to handle.

Competitive wise, I want this format to change that and allow the Pokemons stats and movepool really shine. There are so many Pokemon that have either useless abilities or abilities that don’t synergies with their typing or stats. With the help of the Smogon community, I am sure we can make just about every Pokemon feel competitive even with the restriction keeping at least 1 original typing and using lore friendly abilities[/SIZE]
Regigigas and Slacking comes to mind for all of us. However, the changing you are saying may lead to an illegal meta-game, but I will see what others have to say to endure this. A restriction for some Pokemon type can cut down the Stealth Rock weaks such as Charizard, Moltress, Articuno, Ninjask, and Yanmega. This will also make Volcarona upgraded to Uber.

Lore wise, Isn’t it annoying to see a Pokemon’s typing and it not quite make the Pokemon itself. This is something I would love to fix in these re-typings. The restrictions I feel are important to place are: 1. Maintain one original typing, 2. The typing must fit with the Pokedex entries, 3. The typing changes must corroborate with the Pokemon’s movepool. In reference to abilities, they just need to be lore friendly.
Yes, here is a clear example: Pokemon like Blaziken, Excadrill, Shaymin-S, and possibley Genesect may have one type in order to be OU (for this project). Furthermore, I believe that Thundurus will still be Uber.

This format is to increase the competitiveness of the Pokemon we have and flesh them out more. This is not to absolutely break Pokemon. Competitive is different from broken
Yes, the more variety, the more options, the better the meta game V series.

I would love to get this format going, but I don’t know the steps to getting a new format in PokemonShowdown. If anyone knowledgeable about such things or would like to participate, I would love a PM.[/SIZE]
We have plenty of time for this. We need an stall expert, sweeping expert. etc. Don't forget users with high penitential for these challenges.

I would love to participate, as I love these sorts of edited metagames. However, you need more detail, such as a changelog. And to discuss your ideas with other people on this site. I would say that that should be higher piority than a PS server for now.

Another edited Metagame? how will you differentiate this one from the others, like DuskMod?

Don't get me wrong though, edited Metagames are fun, but you have to really try to keep things balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)