So we are posting BP teams?

Then I may as well post mine. Although this will always be subjective, I feel like this is as close to a 'perfect' BP team you can get. I have made many adjustments and have ended up with this team. It still has its counters as does any team.

Ninjask @ Mental Herb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Aerial Ace
- Protect

This is what I generally use for leading. 252 speed and jolly ensures that I can sub against most of the metagame. If a choice scarf is predicted (i.e. Latios or even Jirachi) I can protect and be 100% faster the next turn. With this set I am also always faster than Rotom-W with choice scarf, allowing me to sub first turn. Aerial Ace is pretty much only for Breloom (or the odd Heracross). White Herb is excellent for taunt or encore leads such as Sableye and Politoed: you can protect the first turn and then use substitute, Mental Herb will cure the encore or taunt and allows you to baton pass +2 speed to Espeon who is immune to most non-attacking moves.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell
- Yawn
- Substitute

Umbreon is an important pivot. Mr. Mime, Espeon and Mew really don't like STAB crunches and physically defensive Umbreon boasts an impressive resilience. It can yawn the opposing pokemon and then baton pass to switch in to the appropriate counter: switching has priority over baton pass, so the opponent will switch before you have to make your switch, allowing you to baton pass to the appropriate counter. If the opponent doesn't switch you get a free turn, as he will fall asleep the next turn. Heal bell cures status, I have found this to be the superior option (the only other one is pretty much taunt).

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Acid Armor
- Roar
- Substitute

This is what we lead with when the enemy has Cloyster. Acid armor the first turn, roar the second. Keep in mind that crits (or flinches with King's Rock) are pretty likely on skill linked rock blast, so try to get rid of Cloyster as soon as possible. Roar on the first turn is a possibility as well, but nearly every Cloyster lead I have encountered Shell Smashes first. Hydration is preference, can also be water absorb.

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SDef / 114 Spd
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Barrier
- Thunderbolt
- Amnesia

264 speed allows us to always outspeed Breloom and non-scarf Cloyster and additionally grants us 398 speed with +2. Thunderbolt to hit dark pokemon and Cloyster. Specially defensive so I can swap it in against weather abusing pokemon and Amnesia myself up.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Serious Nature
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Substitute

Clean-up. To give you an idea of the power: I OHKO'd a Jirachi (x4 psychic resist) from full health to zero.

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Trait: Soundproof
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Barrier
- Encore

Soundproof. Blocks roar and perish song and can encore pokemon who are trying to set-up, allowing you to roar them out with Vaporeon. Specially defensive because it's a Volcarona switch-in, Mr. Mime is immune to Bug Buzz.

Q: Why no Scizor?
A: I'm not afraid of Cloyster and don't need Swords Dance. There isn't really anything I need Scizor for aside from perhaps resistances, but I haven't had any problems with bug attacks.

Q: Why no Smeargle? How do you deal with whirlwind/roar? Don't you need ingrain/spore?

A: Not really, I have Magic Bounce, Mr. Mime and Roar on Vaporeon to deal with phazing. I have tested both Aqua Ring and Ingrain on Smeargle and the extra regen doesn't do as much as you'd think it'd do.

Q: How do you deal with Haze?
A: You don't, but I have not seen Haze in over 300 games. Theoretically you could stall out the opponent, but then prepare for a 300+ turn game which you may still lose because you have no entry hazards and limited offensive moves (calm mind's PP on Mr. Mime and Espeon vs. Haze, Stored Power + Thunderbolt PP vs. whatever the opponent has). If the opponent has entry hazards, status, knock off or basically anything in combination with Haze you are probably flat-out going to lose.

Q: Dragon tail and Circle throw? Clear smog?
A: Substitute

IMPORT
Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell
- Yawn
- Substitute

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Acid Armor
- Roar
- Substitute

Ninjask @ Mental Herb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Aerial Ace
- Protect

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SDef / 114 Spd
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Barrier
- Thunderbolt
- Amnesia

Espeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Substitute

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Trait: Soundproof
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Barrier
- Encore

Hi there, baton pass teams are always fun, but the one thing they lack is a poke that can abuse all of these boosts. You're only attacking options are thunderbolt, aerial ace and stored power which are stopped col by sp def tyranitar. I don't even think a +6 thunderbolt from no sp attack espeon does much (will confirm calcs) on 252/252 +sp def tyranitar in sand. Perhaps you could try lucario as your end game poke. Extremespeed/close combat/crunch/ice punch with expert belt will tear through teams. Perhaps you could sub lucario in place of mr. Mime since espeon has magic bounce and cm/stored power and vaporeon has acid armor. Otherwise your opponent can wear you down with hazards and sandstorm damage. Oh and watch our for choice band ttars pursuit on ninjask who will ko easily.

I'm liking the team overall but you're still a bit TTar/Rain weak. For this reason, I suggest swapping Mew for Celebi, which also hits harder (Giga Drain).

Celebi @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold
-Giga Drain
-Calm Mind
-Baton Pass
-Substitute / Leech Seed / Recover

Personally I would go with Recover or Leech Seed because Celebi doesn't care too much about status. Leech Seed is really nice to get a bit of health for teammates. Overall, I think Celebi is just a better choice than Celebi since you already have two Defense boosters. Plus, an additional CM is always nice in case you can't boost up enough with Espeon or Mime.

This is a much larger change, but you could swap out Umbreon for Mawile to get a Dragon resist and a solid Taunt Pokemon. Otherwise looks relatively standard, good luck causing ragequits!

Hi there, baton pass teams are always fun, but the one thing they lack is a poke that can abuse all of these boosts. You're only attacking options are thunderbolt, aerial ace and stored power which are stopped col by sp def tyranitar. I don't even think a +6 thunderbolt from no sp attack espeon does much (will confirm calcs) on 252/252 +sp def tyranitar in sand. Perhaps you could try lucario as your end game poke. Extremespeed/close combat/crunch/ice punch with expert belt will tear through teams. Perhaps you could sub lucario in place of mr. Mime since espeon has magic bounce and cm/stored power and vaporeon has acid armor. Otherwise your opponent can wear you down with hazards and sandstorm damage. Oh and watch our for choice band ttars pursuit on ninjask who will ko easily.
TTar cannot touch Ninjask with pursuit because baton pass functions differently from swapping out. Baton passing will not activate pursuit. The problem with having Lucario as my endgame sweeper is that this team (on purpose) runs no physical attacking/boosting moves aside from AA on Ninjask which is solely used to stop Breloom. This is because pokemon with intimidate can delay my physical set-up plus setting up both special attack and physical attack requires extra moveslots, moveslots that I do not have. Thunderbolt doesn't have to OHKO. CB Crunch TTar leads can be problematic though, as my check is Umbreon and Umbreon doesn't have any boosting moves, so a -def from Crunch can allow another pokemon to come in and wreck havoc.

I'm liking the team overall but you're still a bit TTar/Rain weak. For this reason, I suggest swapping Mew for Celebi, which also hits harder (Giga Drain).

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold
-Giga Drain
-Calm Mind
-Baton Pass
-Substitute / Leech Seed / Recover

Personally I would go with Recover or Leech Seed because Celebi doesn't care too much about status. Leech Seed is really nice to get a bit of health for teammates. Overall, I think Celebi is just a better choice than Celebi since you already have two Defense boosters. Plus, an additional CM is always nice in case you can't boost up enough with Espeon or Mime.

This is a much larger change, but you could swap out Umbreon for Mawile to get a Dragon resist and a solid Taunt Pokemon. Otherwise looks relatively standard, good luck causing ragequits!
I would definitely have used Celebi if it learnt Amnesia and Barrier, but unfortunately it is restricted to Calm Mind. At first glance it doesn't seem like that much of a problem, but Amnesia is vastly superior to Calm Mind as surviving is typically more important than killing things. In today's metagame there are so many threats that it really isn't redundant to run acid armor/barrier on 3 different pokemon and amnesia on one.

Additionally, there are many moves I would love to use but simply can't due to needing so many defensive moves. Things like ingrain, aqua ring, disable, mud sport, taunt, water sport, leech seed, stealth rock (or other entry hazards), reflect, light screen, wish and so forth.

I will look into Mawile, it is a pokemon I have not considered at all. Thanks for the suggestion.

A +6 neutral no evs mew thunderbolt is a 4hko on 252/252 +sp def ttar in sandstorm.

Aura Sphere is an option on Mew hitting Darks at x2 and the Cloyster you mentioned at x2, and TTar at x4, the only thing you wouldn't cover well then would be SableEye...which is a pain unto itself...

I will look into Mawile, it is a pokemon I have not considered at all. Thanks for the suggestion.
Mawile @ Leftovers
Impish
-Iron Defense
-Taunt
-Baton Pass
-Substitute

Intimidate along with Iron Defense really helps against TTar. Taunt is really helpful against hazard users and other various annoying things when you don't want to risk a switch to Espeon. Basically, a Taunt mon really eases the amount of prediction you have to do, which is really what you want to reduce on a Baton Pass team. Plus, with a +2 boost this thing can take CB Outrages/Dragon Claws pretty nicely and prevent an untimely KO. I like your Heal Bell Umbreon a lot, but you could consider this.

Oh wow, I just looked up Mawile. Those stats are absolutely horrible, I doubt I can ever use him. I would only be using him for typing and then I may as well use Scizor. If I really wanted to run taunt I could run it on Umbreon, Mew or Mr. Mime, so using it for taunt + his typing doesn't seem that attractive. I guess intimidate is nice, but it's not enough. This thing will never be able to take any weather-boosted special attack (plus a weakness to fire makes it dangerous even boosted). The biggest problems right now are strong set-up pokemon (Dragonite, Lucario) and Breloom (if Breloom manages to get in). I used to use Rocky Helmet on Mew for this, so if Breloom got in on a subbed umb/vap/mime I could bp to Mew.

This may sound odd, but you should probably consider putting stealth rocks somewhere because otherwise you run the risk of getting Red Carded by a Forretress with Sturdy (or if you try to hit it with anything less than a really strong stored power as Mew's +6 thunderbolt only does a max of 88% to specially defensive variants). It can get rocks up and punish your Ninjask for coming back in, who may already have <50% health if you have substituted a couple times to stall for speed boost (you should probably move 4 more EVs to HP so he can switch into SR after 2 substitutes...I think my math/rounding is right on that one). If you break its sturdy with SR, you can just keep boosting until Espeon is strong enough to kill it in one shot with SP. Admittedly, Red Card isn't that prevalent, but for stealth rock you really only need one space so if you can fit it in somewhere you should consider it since your team forces a lot of switches anyway.

Also, even non-CB Tyranitar really does do a number to your team. At the very least it's a potent threat. I'd really suggest giving Mew Aura Sphere over something, and perhaps switching it to being physically rather than specially defensive since you have Vaporeon to defend against weather. (if you take my advice, you might consider changing Vappy to specially defensive for that purpose, since it has acid armor anyway) If you have at least one +2 defense boost up, and mew is physically defensive, he can lol at Tyranitar and OHKO with aura sphere. You might even consider dropping barrier for it since Vappy has Acid Armor and Mime has barrier so you don't really need it. Umbreon won't really like taking a crunch + Superpower from a LO Tar, and to be honest, even a sleeping Tyranitar is threatening because it will wake up eventually whereas you don't have anything much to hit it with unless you can get Mew out there with lots of defense and SAtk boosts. Even a 0/0 Ttar takes a max of 60% from +6 Mew. Considering you need to use physically weak psychic types to get SAtk boosts in the first place....

(btw, aura sphere hits Cloyster hard, too, and is nearly as powerful as thunderbolt)

Also, why is Esepon serious? There's almost never a reason to use a neutral nature unless you're using a mixed sweeper and you're afraid of lowering one of the defenses. If you're afraid of foul play (evidenced by 0 Atk IVs) then you can just make him modest or timid.

Next, definitely keep hydration on Vaporeon. That way you can actually take on Politoed so you're not afraid of toxic. Though, of course, perish song is always a possibility so that's gonna require a lot of prediction with deciding whether to BP immediately to Mime or stay in for a toxic. Luckily mime has encore so he can encore Perish Song to stall out its PP, but yeah. Always be on the lookout for that.

Finally, consider wish on Umbreon. If something somehow takes a lot of damage either by a mispredict or whatever, and you are able to BP Umbreon in on something that doesn't threaten it, a wish passed to another poke especially after you have more boosts up could easily mean the difference between a game where you're just more likely to win or one where you have no chance to lose. Also, if you do get something to sleep, you can wish, and then give the wish to Umbreon so he's not done in by coming back in on the TTar's superpower or something when at low HP.

Overall it's a fantastic team and I hope I never have to go against it. (maybe I'll start packing a Cloyster just in case...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)