Species Clause OFF

Hmmm, if ou need to build a team using a single pokemon six times, which pokemon would you choose? (versatility test)

Please, dont tell me all the team would have the same weakness, and if you fight a team which have advantage you would lose. This is just a funny thread, not a test that will be made in smogon.

I would choose Tyranitar, since it can be a good Scarfer, a versatile Special Sweeper, and DDer to vanish anything in it way, a CBer to crush, a Special Wall with 100 Sdef+100 Hp + Sandstorm Boost, a team supporter with Stealth Rock, Roar, Toxic and Twave, a Physical Wall with 100 HP + 110 Def + Iron Defense, and a very good Wall Breaker as TyraniBoah.

NO MORE BANS, BUT PLEASE, GO BEYOND TTAR/CELEBI/JIRACHI/CHOMP, I KNOW THEY ROCKS BUT THERE ARE ALSO AWESOME POKES

I'd choose Garchomp because it's kind of like salamence except it's faster, not weak to SR, and has better STAB. It also gets outrage. It can be a wall breaker with chain chomp or CB chomp, it can revenge kill with scarf, and it can set up stealth rock.

id choose metagross.
has great attacking capabilities and a great defensive typing.
agiligross for sweeping, band for sheer power, scarf for revenge, restalk for walling and such, and it can run a mixed set for breaking walls.

Shaymin's move pool is actually quite small.

Anyways, if I had to go along with this, I'd probably choose Infernape. He can pull off a great lead set, Choice Sets, Nasty Plot and Swords Dance. Lucario is a good choice too (Bulky, CM, Swords Dance, Choice, hell he can even use Stealth Rock too).

Also, I'd like to say that this thread has discussion potential for a metagame where Species Clause isn't enforced (I could use 2 Salamences, for example, and the other 4 would be a normal team).

Deoxys-e because It can be the screen lead, suicide spiker, mix sweeper, cosmic wall, specs, band the list goes on.

Always go with five Garchomps and a Tyranitar. I don't care if it's not six of the same, Sand Stream makes the team so much better. And Garchomp can do a lot of different things; Swords Dance, run with Choice Scarf, act as a mixed attacker, and even perform as a decent physical wall with Rest, Sleep Talk, and Roar.

Chain Chomp
Bulky Chomp
SD Yache Chomp x2
Scarf Chomp
CB Chomp

I am really interested in how well that team would perform.

My other choice would be Gengar.

I made an all-Chomp team once when I was bored (SubPowder, Yache, Chain, Band, Scarf, Specs o_O), but never used it much for obvious reasons. The hardest part was keeping them separate in my mind, since the switch menu doesn't show items or nicknames iirc.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow for a second I thought this was actually going to be an intelligent discussion of species clause.

Silly me.

Wow for a second I thought this was actually going to be an intelligent discussion of species clause.

Silly me.
I just became curious about this... you dont need to be aggressive, if you dont like it, make something better and be sure of a thing: i will read and probably opine

Garchomp, Clefable and Deoxys-E seems to be good options... probably Garchomp is the best, since he is bulky and can fit many roles in a team

What about Cradily? It can be an awesome Special wall with sandtrom, a good Physical Wall, and a good enough Physical Sweeper with SD... Infernape and Lucario would be owned by something faster...

How is Clefable a good option? It is slow, weak to the ever so common close combat, and doesn't have the stats to sweep (unless it uses CM).

Because the thread's about versatility, not stats, and it kind of takes the fun out of a mono-species team when you just pick the strongest OU Pokemon you can think of and pack it with standard sweeper sets. Sure, you'd probably win most matches like that, but the point of the exercise is lost. This isn't restricted to just the OU tier, so why not pick six Mewtwos or Rayquazas if you're so determined to power through everything in your path? It's disturbing to see that people still choose Garchomp out of sheer habit even when the banlist is just "Mew, Celebi, Jirachi".

^I think they just assumed that those bans were on top of the current OU bans. Still, they're kind of unnecessary, as Mew is already banned, and Celebii and Jirachi aren't that much more versatile than other OU pokes. Deoxys-S deserves the ban far more,

If I had to make a team of six of the same pokemon, I might go with Ttar. You'd need a way to kill off CCers, but otherwise Ttar is pretty godly, and can fulfill pretty much any role except cleric. And you'd NEVER have to worry about losing Sandstorm.

Hmm, I wonder if an OU mono-species tournament would be a good idea.

PLEASE FORGIVE GRAMMAR ERRORS
yeah, clefable might not be so strong, but think that a team of TTars is weak to CC too, and a team of Garchomps is weak to 3 CB/3 Scarf weavile team.
Every pokemon have it weakness, and this thread isnt about a invincible poke, it is about a pokemon that can use many strategies, and even make a full team.

Garchomp isnt banned because its a versatility test, and it dont have 100 stats (it cant be compared to celebi, who can be an wornderful cleric, a phys sweeper (Sword Dance) Cm special sweeper, team supporter (TWave Stealth rock) Subseeder, Baton Passer, can use Specs+Rest because it got Natural Cure, and MANY OTHER ROLES) , and hey, this isnt serious its just funny.

Deoxys-E Banned as well, since it IS a uber in versatility ( screen lead, suicide spiker, mix sweeper, cosmic wall, specs, band the list goes on, just like Chaos 9 said) It can also be a CMer, Counter-Sash, team supporter (knock off, toxic), etc..

About Tyranitar, i think its as good as garchomp, since it can have amazing SDef(sanstorm), amazing DEf, versatiliy in special sweeping, raw power in physical sweeping AND wall breaking (check Boah).

Just adopted him as my favorite =P

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't like how you completely arbitrarily picked your Uber list. That really made me immediately stop taking this thread seriously. Shaymin has a pathetic movepool; it can do about one thing well. Tyranitar is more of a threat than Celebi and possibly more versitale offensively. If it's just a funny thread, why ban Pokémon?

i would have a team of all metagrosses. he can pull off a variety of sets, and they actually can coincide to make a great team.

the first metagross would be simple. stealth rock then explode. if a lead is a pokemon that will not die to explode, earthquake/pursuit should take care of them.

there would be a sleep talker metagross to absorb a sleep move from either smeargle/gengar and would have enough SpcD EVs to be able to survive a gengar onslaught.

1 or 2 metagrosses would have choice scarf to outspeed threats that set up like garchomp or tyranitar and kill them with ice punch/exposion/meteor mash etc.

there would be 1 or 2 agility grosses that are meant to sweep. they would have different attacks so they would not be walled by the same pokemon. eg, one special and pne physical.

finally, the remaining 1 or 2 metagrosses would have focus sash, taking advantage of the opponent if he did not use SR. a combination of 3 powerful attacks and Bullet Punch will make this metagross take out at least 1 pokemon AND do damage to another.

this team might have problem with chomps, but im assuming this type of match would not allow chomp as a team of chomps clearly would kick the shit out of any team that isnt mamoswine/weavile

I'd choose Gengar because his movepool is wide enough to hit everything hard and not just that, he's still capable of annoying the opposition with Hypnosis, Will-O-Wisp and the like. I could go with SashGar on the lead, a Life Orber, a ScarfGar, SpecsGar, AnnoyGar and so on.

I don't like how you completely arbitrarily picked your Uber list. That really made me immediately stop taking this thread seriously. Shaymin has a pathetic movepool; it can do about one thing well. Tyranitar is more of a threat than Celebi and possibly more versitale offensively. If it's just a funny thread, why ban Pokémon?
Ok, you are right. I just said that because everyone would say CELEBI FTW/DEOXYS-E FTW! and i wanted to be creative, going beyond Chomp/JIrachi/Celebi

Uber List removed

Fl, i dont like gengar because its a psecial sweeper only. He have potenccial to become a phys sweeper with Focus Punch, Explosion, Elemtental Punches, etc..., but he dont have stats for that, nether a Boosting move like Sword Dance

Mence or T-Tar. Both work great as walls and sweepers. If you don't beleive Mence could I suggest you go to Contributions&Corrections and look for Aldarons analysis on Bulkymence.

Besides 6 Clefables, I'd probably try a team of 6 Dragonites. Dragonite has a simply large moveset full of interesting options. I'd prolly go with that.
6 Lucarios would also be fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)