specs Skymins a monster... a cute flying weird dog monster

This is a team that I've been using for several weeks and seems pretty dark solid. However it has some problems but the main reason I'm making this is because.... i can't fall asleep D;

IN DEPTH LOOK

skarmory @ shed shell
ability: careful
nature: impish
252 hp | 252 sdef | 4 def
~roost
~spikes
~taunt
~BRAVE BIRD
Why this pokemon?
Many use Nattorei over skarm becuase for some reason its better. I can't say thats false or true since they do some better and some worse. For example, nattorei can't have an instant heal like roost but nattorei has better special bulk and can handle rain dance better. However what skarm has that turns me on is taunt. Taunt is a fantastic move that can shut down slower and bulkier stuff and prevents entry hazards which i enjoy. I should add a spinner but my team doesn't really mind entry hazards. Shed shell allows me to escape Shandera and other trappers. The ev's allow me to have good physical bulk and allow me to take some special attacks too. Calm nature because Skarm really wants to take special hits as its more important. Taunt was explained, roost is a must, spikes for entry hazards (i prefer spikes over SR because i can stack multiple layaers, and roar for phazing.

Porygon 2 @ evo stone
ability: trace
nature: bold
252 hp | 40 def |216 sdef
~recover
~toxic THUNDER WAVE
~icebeam
~discharge
Why this pokemon?
Porygon 2 with evo stone is just just sooo bulky. It also counters gyrados, salamence, and other stuff due to trace. I can also take on stuff that hold water absorb, etc. due to trace which is an AWESOME ability. Countless times the opponent has disregarded the fact that i carry trace and have stolen their ability. They often rage quit when i come in on a flygon and they EQ. Recover is a given because i think ALL walls need some form of recovery, toxic to deal with walls and stall or some residual damage that grows, and ice beam + discharge for bolt beam. Discharge is an incredible move. 80 base power with a 30% paralysis? Thats pure epicness. Now all we need is a 80 bp ice move with 30% freeze chance -,-. 252 hp is a given, and porygon has a nice hp stat, and i wanted more special bulk on porygon/

Thunder wave VS toxic
I've always had a dilemma over this but as of lately, i see thunder wave better since toxic was mainly for walls but t-wave can be used to cripple annoying sweepers.

Shandera @ choice scarf
ability: shadow tag
nature: timid
4 hp | 252 satk | 252 spe
~shadow ball
~overheat
~hp ROCK
~energy ball
Why this pokemon?
If you want the ultimate revenge killer / certain wall pwner (I'm talking about you fortress) you can't really look past shandera since he's probably in a leave of his own. I don't think ANYTHING can do shandera's job, its impossible. Shandera kills a vital position and this would be the extermination of certain stuff that wall skymin (who's a monster btw). He kills skarm, fortress, scissor, etc. Shandera traps and kills all those steel types that can wall skymin. He can also revenge kill tge weird moth thingy due to me running hp ROCK. Hp rock is better then ice just becuase it hits gyrados twice as hard but still hits stuff like Dragonite for around 50%.

| testing choice scarf
Skymin @ choice specs
ability: serene grace
~SEED FLARE
~air slash
~earth power
~hp ice
Why this pokemon?
Specs shaymin can only be descibes in one word.... legendary (in the awesome way). Skymin was alredy a monster imo but i had this idea: Why not max out his damage output without life orb? What a beautiful day it was. Specs skymin has like no counters since they have trouble switching in due to spikes AND the 80% -2 sdef drop which means if i do get it (its likely) I can do double damage next turn which is just overkill. Seed flare is skymins best move (best move in the whole game imo), air slash is also another op move since serene grace makes the opponent flinch 60% of the time. Combined with some toxic spread, i can easily flinch hax them with some toxic on the side. Earth power for coverage, and hp ice for dragon + flying like mence and company.

THE NEW GUYS

Starmie @ life orb
ability: natural cure
~hydro pump
~thunderbolt
~icebeam / psycho shock
~rapid spin
Starmie has replaced suicune because he's fast and has spin support. Nice speed, nice satk, and nice coverage are all turn on's. He also acts as a status absorber and then switches out to a counter. life orb for more power, hydro pump for stab, psycho shock / ice beam for coverage or stab, and t-bolt for coverage. Rapid spin to get rid of entry hazards.

Tyranitar @ life orb
ability: sand stream
nature: hasty
80 atk | 252 satk | 176 spe
~rock polish
~stone edge
~ice beam
~fire blast
WTF IS THIS? Yes its some weird rp mixed tyranitar but gimmicks are needed in this messed up metagame. Everyone's using ss, rd, w.e and i need some kind of gimmick, surprise to catch the opponent off guard. This set is my favorite set since its so odd and no one seems to have the right counter. 80 atk to give stone edge some power, 252 satk to get max satk and this is what makes tyranitar so awesome is fire blast and ice beam. Not can take both of them easily and still be able to take stone edge. 176 speed can beat heatran etc. with scarf and outpace stuff like aerodactyl.

hate | rate | steal

RETIRED MEMBERS

Jolteon @ choice specs
ability: volt absorb
4 hp | 252 satk | 252 spe |
~volt change
~thunderbolt
~hp Ice
~signal beam
Why this Pokemon?
Jolteon is just an awesome lead just becuase if he finds a troublesome lead, i can easily smack 'em in the face with a stab volt change or if i can see the enemy lead is frail, and a volt change can kill them without me getting locked into thunderbolt or any other move. He however has trouble with bulkier leads like hippowdon so generally they will stealth rocks 1st giving me time to go into something else. Volt change for a scouting move, thunderbolt for obligatory stab move, hp ice for a pseudo bolt-beam, and signal beam for grass types like celebi. 252 satk and spe are a given and 4 hp was leftover ev's. I guess he is a anti lead of sorts.

Suicune @ chesto berry
ability: water absorb
176 hp | 80 satk | 40 def | 216 spe
TESTING: 178 hp 80 satk 252 spe
~rest
~calm mind
~surf
~ice beam
Why this pokemon?
I'm proud to say i created this, well maybe i wasn't the 1st but i made this from my own experiences! i took the concept of chesto rest kingra and created something beautiful. I'm pretty sure stuff like chansey, blissey, and company can do NOTHING to this set because even if they have toxic or whatever, i can rest it off and continue calm minding. Its never been hard to get 6 calm minds. This guys has won be countless matches just because not many walls can take on suicune due to the calm mind rest. Rest is suicunes only way to recover other then water absorb, calm mind is to boost suicunes sweeping power, surf for obligatory stab, with ice beam for coverage. chesto berry is a given to wake up from sleep instantly. Now the ev spread was my creation. 176 hp and 80 satk for power, 216 spe + timid nature outspeeds adamant Lucario, ad 40 sdef for bulk.

Team looks fairly solid, just a few comments.

Once Suicune has been taken down, every member of your team is destroyed by Doryuuzu. Sure, Skarmory can Roar it out, but eventually it'll be the last Pokemon and then Skarm can't do anything to it at all. Porygon doesn't have any moves that can damage it substantially, and the rest of your team is OHKOd by the correct move. These days, even Scarfed Jolteon is outsped by Doryuuzu, and OHKOd by Earthquake. I'd suggest replacing it with Roobushin, and moving either Porygon2 or Skarmory to the lead position. Roobushin makes for a fairly solid Doryuuzu counter, dealing copious amounts of damage with Mach Punch and OHKOing with Drain Punch. A spread of 68 HP / 224 Atk / 216 SpD allows it to survive Shandera's Overheat, and OHKO back with Payback / Stone Edge.
Good luck with the team.

Thanks for the rate. Yea the weird mole thingy has been a problem and I've had to play around him. Hmmmm roobushin seems like an interesting option. I'll try him out but i don't wanna use the bulk up set.... maybe something like this?

roobushin @ burn orb / toxic orb
guts + adamant
68 HP / 224 Atk / 216 spd

drain punch/ hammer arm
mach punch
stone edge
something else

If you dislike the Bulk Up set, the next best thing would be a SubPunch. I've never seen one, apart from my own, and they're certainly good for the surprise factor. Good for killing Shandera, too.

Roobushin @ Leftovers
Brave Natured (+Atk, -Spe)
[212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD]
Iron Fist
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Payback
-Mach Punch

It boasts the strongest Focus Punch in the game, and it can net surprise KOs on a lot of counters.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great team, it took me a while to find some decent threats to this team. However, a Swords Dance Blaziken with Hi Jump Kick, Bkaze Kick and Stone Edge OHKOs the whole team after just one boost. It also outspeeds your revenge killer after one speed boost and everyone else in your team after two. To fix his I think that a Choice Scarf Garchomp could be fitted in over your Jolteon (who is often regarded as sub-par these days). This can outspend Blaziken after one boost and then OHKO with earthquake.
Please take this rate with a pinch of salt as I am rather tired as it is late where I am and I don't have much time to do this. Good luck with the team and keep up the good work!

Blaziken IS annoying but i usually play around him. Well i don't really have any other solutions. Can anyone tell me what to use and what i should use mo replace it?

You have 3 choiced pokes, 2 of them weak to SR, a lead that cannot prevent SR, and no Rapid Spinner. You also have no poke to take hits from a dedicated special attacker besides Porygon2, who is 128/128 and Bold

Solid team apart from one thing. You will be walled by blissey allday. Like what everyone else says i would consider a fighting type. Mabye not roobushin but a haryiama. a Specially defensive Haryiama has almost perfect synergy with skarm and with thick fat can sponge those fire attacks all day. Heres the set:

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thickfat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Force Palm
- Payback
- Rest
- Bulk Up

This will solve your problem of being walled by blissey / chansey all day can i think it can take a +2 earthquake by Dory.

Some calcs:

Latios @ Choice specs - Timid - Draco meteor 95 - 110%
Latios @ Choice specs - Timid - Thunderbolt 43 - 51%
Latios @ Choice specs - Timid - Hidden Power Fire 16-19%
Latios @ Choice specs - Timid - Psychic 125 -145%

Latios @ Choice scarf - Modest - Draco meteor 72 - 84%
Latios @ Choice scarf - Modest - Thunderbolt 31 - 37%
Latios @ Choice scarf - Modest - Hidden power fire 11 - 14%
Latios @ Choice scarf - Modest - Psychic 90 - 107%

Heatran @ Choice specs - Modest - Overheat 53 - 62%
Heatran @ Choice specs - Modest - Fireblast 45 - 53%
Heatran @ Choice specs - Modest - Earthpower 45 - 53%

Heatran @ Lifeorb - Modest - Overheat 41 - 49%
Heatran @ Lifeorb - Modest - Fireblast 36 - 42%
Heatran @ Lifeorb - Modest - Earthpower 35 - 42%

Salamence @ Lifeorb - Naive - Draco meteor 74 - 87%
Salamence @ Lifeorb - Naive - Fireblast 21 - 25%

Shandera @ Choicespecs - Timid - Overheat 48 - 56%
Shandera @ Choicespecs - Timid - Fireblast 41 - 48%
Shandera @ Choicespecs - Timid - Shadowball 36 - 43%
Shandera @ Choicespecs - Timid - Psychic 82 - 97%

Denchura @ Lifeorb - Modest - Thunder 69 - 81%
Denchura @ Lifeorb - Modest - Hidden Power Ice 13 - 16%
Denchura @ Lifeorb - Modest - Thunderbolt 55 - 64%
Denchura @ Lifeorb - Modest - Bug Buzz 17 - 20%

As you see this Hariyama can take almost any special attack in the game. Whilst skarm can take any physical attack in the game creating a very effective defensive core.

Good luck with your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)