SS OU SS OU Rate My Team

Hii i have not played in year but am looking to play again. This is my team its more like Kyurem bulky offense. So yeah i hope im posting this correctly.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Dragon tail

Ok first is kyurem one of my favorite mons so yeah. This set is a sub-roost variant in this meta kyurem can setup on a handful of mons such as Toxapex, seismitoad, mandibuzz, and rotom w. I took out ice beam for versatility.

Substitute- scouting, avoiding status,and applying pressure.

freeze dry -hits a majority of the tier for neutral damage, and threatens bulky ground and water types.

dragon tail -is the other attack. most people switch to ferrothorn aegislash and corviknight so on a prediction you can keep behind your substitute and shuffle enemy mons for hazard damage and continue pressure.

Roost- to keep kyurem healthy to take on certain pokemon along with leftovers.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Corviknight is my main hazard remover.

Defog- hazard remover

U turn - to keep momentum,

roost - to keep it healthy

brave bird - to deal good damage to keldeo, conkeldurr, kommo o, seismitoad,and clefable.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 68 HP / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Chandelure is another sub attacker with a little bit of bulk and a fire/fighting immunity helps kyurem deal with mons that can ko it.

Fire blast - punches holes in anything that does not resist it and is the main way to get rid of pesky steel types.

Will o wisp - burns pokemon on switches also boosting hex and keeping chandelure from taking massive damage.

Substitute- gains advantage and allows chandelure to spam hex/fire blast but you must watch out for infiltrator mons like drapapult which you will see alot of

Hex- the main attack after inflicting status does massive damage to anything that doesnt resist 2hko variants of clefable seismitoad kyurem conkeldurr.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spirit Break
- Sucker Punch

Grimmsnarls job is to set up screens and dragapult

Spirit break- lowers sp atk on dragapult clefable venusaur just a good fairy type atk in general.

Sucker punch- to help defeat ghost types and also revenge ko weaker pokemon

Light screen and Reflect- helps survivability

Zeraora @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat

Zeraora is the main revenge killer and premier sweeper threatening most of the meta alongside kyurem a very good offensive duo.
Bulk up- can help sweep with its already great speed boosts atk and def while able to sweep

Knock off- +1 knock off can ohko aegislash and dragapult also removing items from bulkier mons

Plasma fists- hits toxapex rotom clefable pelliper cloyster and corviknight for good damage

Close combat- hits bisharp terrakion tyranitar ferrothorn for great damage along with plasma fists gives great coverage all around

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Venusaur is here to inflict the staus of sleep and help get rid of dracovishs fishous rend providing good resists

Giga drain- the main atk helps recover its hp hits water types and hippowdons for great damage.

Sludge bomb- hits fairies and 30% chance to poison is a staple

Sleep powder- just like gen 5 when sun was around putting a mon to sleep is huge it allows you to adjust to the situation and can also lure in grass types or magic bouncers like hatterene giving you more control.

Synthesis- keeping venusaur healthy is very important to keep opposing hippowdon dracovish clefable and dugtrio from rampaging.

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Heyyos! Nice team you've got here! I love abusing high output mons like Kyurem as well and looking at this team gave me huge throwback vibes to ye old days of gen 6. Your team seems to be trying to achieve everything but end up going all over the place. Jack of all, master of none if you will. To offset that, we are going to first establish that we will be reinforcing the idea of bulky Kyurem offence and I am going to try and do that without some major restructuring.

>>>

In order to do that, we must first introduce some fat defensive pivots. I've noted that you have a Venusaur on your team that's primary purpose is to sponge as a water check and that you don't have any reliable hazard setters. This can be done by changing Venusaur to Seismitoad. The role compression that the toad provides is impeccable as it gives you a 1. Water Check, 2. Access to stealth rocks and 3. Access to scald. Okay maybe the 3rd point isnt that important but being able to click scald and have a burn neutralize threats on your opponent teams is very good. Rocks and Water check compression is very strong and this change doesn't detract from the overall synergy of the team.

>>>

Next, noting that your team is primarily composed of defensive mons that are able to self sustain, making them bulkier by including screens are an option but I think it's not worth the slot. To make your team revolve around getting Kyurem to work and have a strong defensive backbone, I suggest changing Grimmsnarl to Clefable. Specifically Wish Teleport set. Rationale for this is because you are playing a defensive team and you want to be able to safely pivot into your defensive mons or wish pass into them. This set allows you to Wish pass into your Kyurem and friends and extends their longevity on teams. Slow pivot is also extremely strong on this team as it allows you to bring in your Kyurem unharmed and potentially on the receiving end of the wish. Nothing much to add for this but I think this set will be more beneficial for your team in the long run.

For the star of your team you are running an awfully defensive and lacklustre moveset. I understand if you want to run Sub Roost but Dragon Tail strictly does not cut it. Sure, there is the phazing aspect to it and it's STAB but its not as useful as you'd like due to the -6 priority on it as well as coupled with the fact that Ice typing is absolutely garbage defensively, means that you can only afford to DT on a predicted switch and honestly that reduces the efficiency of Kyurem as well as it's impact in breaking apart teams. I think that there are two options you can go with and since you are already running Bulk Up Zeraora, my recommendation is to run Choice Specs Kyurem. Choice Specs Kyurem is extremely hard to switch in, in fact close to impossible. Here are some calcs to mull over
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 254-300 (83.5 - 98.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 177-208 (44.2 - 52%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 214-252 (52.9 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Clef needs to be fully specially defensive to deal with Specs Kyurem and just in general it's able to put a huge dent on majority of the teams. It will serve you much better than subroost.

Lastly, I'm not too sure what the EVs do for your chandelure and looking at your team, I can see how synergistic it is on your team. However, I do think that running Heavy Duty Boots is just much more better than running lefties. This is because you don't rlly want to rack up hazard damage stacked on your Chandelure and with Kyurem also taking massive passive damage on switch in to rocks, it doesnt make sense to make the job easier for your opponent.

Other than that, I don't rlly have much that I can suggest that would improve the team as this is a pretty interesting team in terms of synergy and I had fun testing it out to look for room for improvement.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Teleport

(Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Weather Ball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)