SM OU Stage 54(Venusaur-Mega Stall)

This is a team I've worked on since my intro to Pokemon, so as you can tell, I'm pretty noob. So that's why I decided to try the 'Rate My Team,' so I can get some feedback. Here we go!

This team was meant to be a stall team, but I didn't want to use the typical Mega Sableye. So I decided to go with Mega Venusaur instead, since it has solid bulk and a good defensive typing coupled with Thick Fat. Anyway, here's the teambuilding process:

Venusaur Mega
Chansey

I chose Chansey as a hyper tank, since it sponges every single special attack other than Secret Sword and strong Psyshocks. It can reliably check most of the special Psychic types to protect Mega Venusaur.

Venusaur Mega
Chansey
Skarmory

I went with Skarmory as the second physical wall, since it can reliably switch in to Landorus-T. Landorus-T puts my Mega Venusaur in danger, because of the common hidden Supersonic Skystrike sets. Skarmory can take anything that Lando throws at it and force it out.

Venusaur Mega
Chansey
Skarmory
Tapu Lele

I realized that my team was in dire need of a powerful wallbreaker, so I went with Tapu Lele. Paired with a specs, this thing OHKO's almost any tank with Psychic or Psyshock, as long as they are not called Chansey or resist the move.

Venusaur Mega
Chansey
Skarmory
Tapu Lele
Toxapex

Since I need something to Haze setups away, just stuck with Pex. Not only that, but Pex pretty much puts Heatran in hell, so even though I physically invested this thing, it's special bulk comes in handy too.

Venusaur Mega
Chansey
Skarmory
Tapu Lele
Toxapex
Keldeo

Keldeo is an excellent scarfer thanks to its excellent offensive typing, so I went with it as my last slot.

Details:

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Leech Seed to steal health back, Synthesis for healing, Sludge Bomb for free STAB and HP Fire so Kartana and Ferrothorn can't force it out. Full Defense investment since I need to worry about the physical side more

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Counter
- Spikes
- Roost
- Defog

Counter to deal damage, Spikes to set up when it forces a switch, Defog to get rid of enemy hazards and Roost to heal. I was considering having another Defogger and giving this thing Whirlwind, but I decided that it would be better to just give this thing all the utilities.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy

Thunder Wave to punish switch ins like Mega Loppuny, Mega Medicham, Kartana, etc. Soft Boiled to heal, Seismic Toss to deal damage, and for the last slot, I'm actually still debating to have wish or Aromatherapy. Please, please, post your opinion on which I should use on the comments.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Specs Lele over Scarf Lele because this thing's primary goal in life to to break walls. However, Scarf Lele IS arguably more dangerous, since you can't clean it up with stuff like Lando and Garchomp. Anyway, slapped a Specs since it's supposed to deal insane amounts of damage. Again, please post whether I should use Scarf or Specs. Psychic for STAB, Psyshock to hit the physical side, Focus Blast to hit Ferrothorn and Tran, and Moonblast for another STAB option.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Focus Blast

Secret Sword for safe STAB, Hydro Pump for another STAB, Focus Blast as an alternate fighting STAB that sacrafices accuracy for a ton more damage, and Icy Wind to hit those dragons.

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic
- Scald

I ran Rocky Helmet over Black Sludge, since thanks to Regenerator it can just switch out to get health back. Recover is key, of course, Haze so this thing isn't fodder, Toxic over Toxic Spikes because poison types are rising, and Scald to deal damage to incoming Landorus while having a chance to render it useless with burn.

Threatlist:
Here are some threats that I've come across:

Mega Medicham
Tapu Lele carrying Specs Psyshock(Like mine)
MEGA SABLEYE STALL
Heatran
Landorus, after Skarm is dead

Usage Tips:
Save Lele for the lategame. Chip away at opposing sweepers, so then you can start getting at the tanks. Keldeo is for emergencies only, don't overuse it because it usually has to get some kills in the lategame. Mega Venusaur can be whipped out in the early game, just make sure it doesn't die, because your gonna need it in the lategame. Toxapex is to be used very early in game to chip away at the opposing sweepers. Chansey is pretty key to tanking ever special attacker, save psyshock users, so MAKE SURE to preserve it well, since the others don't have special investment!

This is a cool idea for a semi-stall/ extremely bulky balance team but here are some suggestions

Try running Earthquake on Mega Venusaur for Heatran-
While you did note that Toxapex can annoy bulky Heatran, the same cannot be said for Offensive Trapperm who just relishes up Toxapex and beats it one v one. Chansey can check it, but takes a lot of damage with Magma Storm and Toxic racking up. If the Offensive Trapper runs Stealth Rock over Toxic, then Skarmory can never really force rocks off the field. Earthquake solves this issue by luring Heatran. Try running it over Sludge Bomb, since your team doesn't struggle with Clefable or Tapu Bulu, and you will never stay in on Tapu Lele.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)