Standard All Out OU team

Aerodactyl- Jolly (Life Orb) Pressure
EVs: Atk 252, Spd 252, HP 4
Earthquake, Stone Edge, Roost, Stealth Rock

With its superior speed and above average attack, Aerodactyl is always a good choice for a lead. Always set up an entry hazard. Focus Sash is the first choice item for leads, but in this case, it is a "sweep-before-trap" I planned out especially for Aerodactyl. Earthquake, boosted with Life Orb hits ANYTHING hard, but if you're up for power, Stone Edge is another option, with its 100 base power with Aerodactyl's STAB.

Jirachi- Timid (Leftovers) Serene Grace
EVs: SpA 252, Spd 252, HP 4
Darco Meteor, Flash Cannon, Grass Knot, Thunderbolt

Wi-fi Jirachi are given out on events with one of the strongest dragon type move: Draco Meteor. It can be used to sweep out fellow dragon threats like: Dragonite, Flygon & Kingdra. Psychic is the other option, if you are training a regular Jirachi. With Flash Cannon as your main STAB move, you can take out ground or rock types which will try to knock out Jirachi. Grass Knot's 100 base power (based on OU standards), you can knock out various walls and tanks in OU like: Suicune, Swampert, Foretress, Bronzong, Dusknoir, etc. Thunderbolt deserves the final slot as bulky waters may slow you down in the battle.

Scizor- Adamant (Life Orb) Technician
EVs: HP 252, Atk 252, Def 4
Bug Bite, Aerial Ace, Night Slash, Bullet Punch

Bug Bite's the first choice from this moveset to take advantage of Scizor's Technician which boosts its power to 120 (STAB). Aerial Ace will hit Heracross, Breloom, Celebi and other Bug, Fighting and Grass types hard. Night Slash sweeps out Azelf, Dusknoir and Gengar badly. Bullet Punch's move priority and average base power damages Pokemon that resists the other attacks.

Mamoswine- Adamant (Life Orb) Snow Cloak
EVs: Atk 252, SpD 156, Spd 100
Ice Shard, Earthquake, Endeavor, Stone Edge

Mamoswine's HP/Atk spread enable's him to be a decent tank, but a superior sweeper. Earthquake's 180 power wipes out everyone that tries to "un-stall" Mamoswine. Ice Shard 0HKO dragon types even with max Def investments. Endeavor brings even the bulkiest walls down to low HP, then hiting them hard with either Earthquake for slower walls: Blissey, Bronzong, Foretress, etc., and Ice Shared for faster ones like Gliscor, Metagross, etc.

Togekiss- Modest (King's Rock) Serene Grace
EVs: SpA 252, Spd 252, HP 4
Air Slash, Flamethrower, Aura Sphere, Roost

Togekiss' overall stat spread gives it all the right to be in the OU ladder. With it's Serene Grace ability, it boosts the chance of Air Slash to flinch the opponent, plus the King's Rock giving the move 71.7% chance of Flinch. Flamethrower takes out Ice counters like: Weavile, Froslass and Mamoswine. Aura Sphere hits most counters like: Empoleon, Magnezone, Metagross & etc.

Tyranitar- Adamant (Muscle Band) Sand Stream
EVs: Atk 252, Def 252, HP 4
Earthquake, Aqua Tail, Crunch, Fire Punch

For the last slot, I chose Tyranitar over Metagross, because of its defensive stats and HP. Earthquake hits most late-game sweepers like Electivire, Heatran, Jolteon & etc. Aqua Tail sweeps out OUs like: Infernape, Rotom-H, Hippwdon, etc. Crunch takes out Bronzong, Azelf, and other Ghost and Psychic types. Fire Punch punches out Roserade, Celebi & Magnezone.

First of all, welcome to Smogon! Your team looks pretty well designed for a first attempt, but there's some small niggles with it which I feel can be easily addressed.

I'm fairly sure that Kings Rock is illegal for use on Smogon servers, if you're using it in-game then this is fine, but you'll have to select a different item should you want to play on Smogon. Might I recommend Leftovers to add to Togekiss' bulkiness? Secondly, I'd highly recommend running Nasty Plot over Flamethrower, since Aura Sphere hits most steel types hard, and does the same amount of damage to most Ice types (apart from seldom seen Froslass) Besides, a +2 neutral STAB Air Slash does almost 20% of the damage of a x2 Flamethrower, and a +2 neutral Aura Sphere does about the same amount of damage as a x2 Flamethrower. And we all know how scary a +2 Air Slash from Togekiss is. :D

Second, I really get the feeling that Scizor doesn't need Night Slash. Bug Bite does more damage thanks to Technician and STAB, and it still gets super-effective hits on Azelf and other Psychics, as well as Dark types. I'd highly recommend replacing it with Swords Dance, since a +2 Bullet Punch from Scizor is just too good to miss out on.

Finally, this is just my opinion, but I don't really think using Muscle band is worth it. Will a 10% boost really give you any extra KOs? I appreciate that it's cool to fake a Choice item, but with all those coverage moves I can't help but feel that Expert Belt would get far more use, with a 20% boost on super effective hits. Alternatively, you could give it a Lum Berry, which is always nice to avoid status, or you could even give it a Choice Band and watch the sparks fly.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just a nitpick, use Choice Band over Muscle Band on Tyranitar, or better yet, try the Dragon Dance set on smogon.

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry for Scizor and Metagross, Lum Berry for WoW Rotom and Spore Breloom.
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Fire Punch checks Scizor, Metagross, Lucario, Breloom and sometimes Magnezone. Stone Edge is a superior STAB move, and it will hurt all the Pokemon who don't resist it. Crunch works wonders if you DD while the foe switches to Starmie.

EDIT: Dang, GtM did it faster than me, lol.

Muscle Band seems kind of a weird choice for an item.

Use Taunt >> Roost on Aero, he doesn't stick around long enough to use Roost.

Use Iron Head on Jirachi with a Rash nature. Allows you to KO Blisseys thinking your Special. Also allows you to be a loser with Flinch.

Your Scizor choice is weird. Night slash is useless as Bug hits same types SE. Aerial Ace is gag at best. Grass is pretty much hated and the only real common ones are Breloom, Roserade, and Celebi. Celebi is deal with by Bug Bite. Breloom flees at sign of Togekiss, and Roserade is mostly lead.

Flamethrower DOES hit Weavile, but Aura Sphere hits 4X while FT is 2X. Mamoswine is in same boat.

Yeah, as Lucien pointed out, Aerial Ace probably isn't getting a lot of use either. May I suggest running Brick Break, to get an edge on Steel types in a pinch? Or ever Superpower, so long as you don't mind the drop in power. I /think/ that 3 Superpowers deal more damage than 3 Brick Breaks, but I'm not certain, and it's inadvisable to stay in after all those Defense drops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)