[Standard] Inventions Mafia - Day 5

I clearly have a double posting problem.

A_G and NJ and pidge, we need to talk. Now.

P.S. in 19 and 1/2 hours, i leave on a cruise ship. I wont be able to make long posts after that. let's try to finish this game quickly

zorbees said:
the_interwebs said:
Dear <user>, you are the Steamboat.

You are a large boat with a steam engine used to transport goods across the vast waterways of the world. Sadly, you have been phased out of existence as diesel-driven ships took over. You weren't even offered a place on the Boring Inventions, nor the Awesome Inventions, so you decided to take everyone on by yourself.

At night, you may PM the interwebs and Alchemator with "Night X - Run over <user>!" This will kill <user>.

You know that there is a secret Weapons Faction in this game, as they also refused to accept you.

You can PM the interwebs and Alchemator with "Night X - All steam ahead!" This will cause all actions targeting you to fail. This costs 3 batteries and cannot be used on a night when you kill.

You currently have been storing power, and thus you have 5 batteries.

You are allied by yourself. You win if you are the last one standing.
zorbees claimed to me as a wolf. He claimed he killed RaRe555 last night, but the flavor of kill that defeated Rare was “he just died”. Zorbees’ role pm looks like it would have a different flavor kill. In addition, he claims he can kill everynight. That “just kill” flavor kill has so far only struck on night 3 and 5. I believe this guy is a weapon passing as a wolf to be put down in lynching priority. I think we need to kill him, so lynch zorbees

EDIT: A_G, you have reason to be suspicious of me for this post's flaws. I coppied the pm he sent me then did the
zorbees said:
thing,but i forgot to re-inspert the quote from interwebs. You may choose to not trust me for this mistake, but you will regret it if you choose to lynch me- i am a boring
zorbees said:

EDIT 2: the above deleted post is the result in technical difficulty, because im on a stupid slower-than-a-minus-6-speed-shuckle pc

EDIT 3: I'm going to be leaving in 30 minutes to get on a plane to go on vacation, so my posts won't be as long from here on out, but i will still post. Deadline is in 6 hours. VOTE

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Deadline-Update in an edit.

----------

GAME OVER

"Lynch zorbees guys! No wait lynch Aura_Guardian! No wait lynch zorbees!" screams Jigglypuffers42, becoming more and more frantic.

"Guys it's almost deadline go vote!"...no response.

"GUYS I'M LEAVING SOMEONE VOTE"....no response.

"Oh" says Aura_Guardian, "Hey zorbees, feel like kicking Thorns off the island today?" (I know there wasn't an island before but bear with me here)

"Sure, sounds good!" says zorbees, before turning and saying to HD "wanna follow along?"

"Sure, why not. I never liked that Thorns fellow much anyway."

At this, Thorns looks up, or rather, the many constituents making up the whole of Thorns. However...he doesn't seem able to speak at all. He can only...bark. And meow. How strange. Anyway, you all close in around him and beat him to death with your assortment of metallic parts.

the interwebs said:
Dear Thorns, you are a Group of Angry Animals,

ROAR! The animals don’t want those stupid inventions to be around anymore, so they took this chance to destroy them all! ROOOOOOAAAAAAAAR! No need for any more explanation, ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

At night, you may PM the interwebs and Alchemator with “Night X – Trampling <user>”, you will trample over <user>, killing him!

If one of the Awesome Inventions or the Weapons inspects you, you will send out a cat which will appear as:
the interwebs said:
Dear <user>, you are a Robotic Animal,
the interwebs said:
For a robot, you are quite cute, and that is what you will try to use in this conflict, your cuteness! You were made to resemble a cat, but you don’t have any of the awesome cat-jutsu skills, except being cute, so you hope your cuteness will help you in this conflict!

Since you are so cute, you can not be targeted with any killing abillities.

You are allied with The Awesome Inventions, you win if the Awesome Inventions eliminate all threats.
for the inspector.

If one of the Boring Inventions inspects you, you will send out a dog which will appear as:
the interwebs said:
Dear <user>, you are a Plush Animal
the interwebs said:
You are a plush animal and those are generally quite awesome. You were made to resemble a dog though, which makes you fail badly enough to not be allowed into the Awesome Inventions. Somehow, the Boring Inventions thought you were cute and let you join them, and you will try to this cuteness to your advantage in this conflict.

Both plush animals and dogs can’t do anything good, so you don’t have a night action. but if you get the most votes in a lynch, you’ll try to look cute and the Boring Inventions will protect you, making the lynch fail.

You are allied with the Boring Inventions, you win if the Boring Inventions eliminate all threats.
for the inspector.

Since you are a group of animals, the first time someone tries to kill you at night only half of the animals in the group will die. This will not have any negative effects on you except that you will die next time you get targeted by a kill at night.

You are allied with yourself, you win if you are the last one standing.

Whoa...they were sure pissed off, huh? Suddenly, however, zorbees, HD, and Aura_Guardian start laughing maniacally.

"Suckers" they say in unison, as they reveal their true identities...
the interwebs said:
Dear Aura_Guardian, You are a Nuke

Since you consider yourself very awesome for being able to blow up large quantities of basically anything, you tried to join the awesome inventions at first, but unfortunately you were rejected, simply because you blew up “too much”! Well if they don’t want you, you’ll have to show them who really can explode!

At night you may PM the interwebs and Alchemator with “Night X - Nuclear Explosion”. You will die, but anyone who targets you will also be killed by the explosion. This is, obviously, a one-use ability. Your silly makers made your detonator require 5 batteries for some reason, so until you obtain enough batteries, you will also be unable to use this ability.

You are allied with the Weapons, You win if the Weapons eliminate all threats.

the interwebs said:
Dear HD, you are the Clawshot,

You are able to grab things from large distances, but the awesome inventions rejected you because you don’t exist apparantly. Well, sucks for them, because now you will join the weapons and you’ll use your grabbing powers against them!

At night, you may PM the interwebs and Alchemator with “Night X – Grabbing <user> his stuff”
that night, you will grab <user> his/her batteries and steal them. The magnets that fire the claw take a bit of electricity though, so you will need 2 batteries to use this abillity.

the interwebs said:
Dear zorbees, you are a Tazer,

You are quite good at zapping things, but since you have spend all your “life” working for the police already, you didn’t want to join any of the good guys this time so you joined the weapons instead. You are quite sure zapping will come in handy for the bad guy too, and you’ll just see how being a baddy goes!

At night, you may PM the interwebs and Alchemator with “Night X – Zapping <user>”, that night, you’ll zap <user> and they will be unable to move during the rest of the night and the following.
If they move anyway, the pain will be so overwhelming that they die a very painfull death. Since zapping takes elecricity obviously, you will need 3 batteries to use this ability.

You still have 2 batteries left from working at the police, and they’ll probably come in handy for this conflict.

These three stared down their three remaining enemies, Jigglypuffers42, ~NJ, and the recently released Objection. Despite Jigglypuffers42's squeals for mercy, none survived the blood(oil?)bath that followed.
the interwebs said:
Dear Jigglypuffers42, you are a Light Bulb,

Famous bringer of light, attractor of moths and burner of fingers, you are one of the most symbolic electrical inventions: the light bulb! You use electricity to produce light (and even more heat), and that is where the first part of your name comes from, and the second part probably references to your shape or something. Anyway, you hope your light can be of use in this conflict!

During the day, you may PM the interwebs and Alchemator with “Day X – extending day with light”, you will produce light, making the day seem longer and allowing for another lynch. Since you are not the most efficient of light bulbs you require 7 batteries to use this ability.

You are allied with the Boring Inventions, you win if the Boring Inventions eliminate all threats.

the interwebs said:
Dear ~NJ, you are a Photocopier

You are pretty good at copying documents and such (also butts), but it takes some time to make even a single copy since you are a pretty old photocopier so you got to join the boring inventions.

At night, you may PM the interwebs and Alchemator with “Night X – Photocopying <user>”, if <user> is dead and on the same team as you, you will photocopy them onto your magical sparkly paper and gain all their powers including their battery costs. You only have one piece of magical sparkly paper though, so you can only use this ability once. You obviously also need electricity to make a print, so this ability requires 5 batteries to be used.

the interwebs said:
Dear Objection, you are a Electric Fence,

Whether it is keeping cattle thieves or murderers out, or keeping the cattle in, you are quite good at it. Your abillity to keep people within your dangerous wires of electric death (in this game, atleast) will be a huge asset to the Awesome Inventions, and the fact you are a portable edition will probably help too!

At night, you may PM the interwebs and Alchemator with “Night X - Surrounding <user>”, you will stand around <user>, making them incapable of doing their actions that night or talking the next day. If they talk on the next day anyway, they’ll be electrocuted to death. Since you are a portable electric fence, you require 3 batteries to stay active for a day and a night.

You are allied with The Awesome Inventions, you win if the Awesome Inventions eliminate all threats.

With that, THE_IRON_KENYAN and LightWolf appeared out of nowhere, as the Weapons, victorious in Inventions Mafia...did whatever it is you do when you win Inventions Mafia...

Congratulations to the Weapons, the Winners of Inventions Mafia!

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
That was the dumbest turn around win ever. We didnt even deserve that, and it completely baffles me how everyone let it happen.

My team totally relied on me, the battery man, to function properly and we didnt even have a way to protect the most important man on the team. I hope you learn from this and design the game better next time around.

UncleSam

Leading this village
That was the dumbest turn around win ever. We didnt even deserve that, and it completely baffles me how everyone let it happen.

My team totally relied on me, the battery man, to function properly and we didnt even have a way to protect the most important man on the team. I hope you learn from this and design the game better next time around.
I hope you are talking to someone other than me here cause I had no part in designing this damn game. I totally agree the game design sucked, bring it up with Alchemator/the interwebs...I put in my time to finish this game and you got a win out of it so stop complaining.

Anyway, there won't be a Postgame for several reasons:
1. I have already wasted enough of my time on this game.
2. I have no clue what went on the first few cycles (if anything)
3. I have already wasted enough of my time on this damn game.
4. Like anyone cares anyhow.
5. Did I mention that I have already wasted enough of my time on this fucking game?
6. I couldn't comment on game design, player placement, or on upwards of half of the player comments.
7. Fuck this game.

For what it's worth, here is the document with all of the Role PMs, and here is the sheet with all of the Roles and stuff. It doesn''t have the Smogon names attached but it's not that hard to figure out, and I'm too lazy to type over all of the names from the working sheet (interwebs put the roles in a different order on the two sheets...ugh).

Anyway, I'm out now, after a few Awards...

Awards:
Best Faction: Weapons.
Worst Faction/Players: Everyone else.

All that need be said.

LightWolf

lightwoof

We were luckfucked, but on the other hand they were inactivefucked. It's all fair if you ask me. And if anything, the awesome didn't deserve it after auramaster got himself lynched... And they got moled by both the wolf and us... While the boring didn't deserve it(bar pidge) I mean wtf was that nl on that day, why did NJ~ stop the X-trader lynch started by pidge...

Also the whole no wolf thing was the worst, if you looked at the flavours for a sec, it would have been obv.

SO yeah I don't see how the only team that worked towards winning for real, doesn't deserve the win.

I should have won best player. (But to your credit UncleSam I think people should show you more appreciation, especially the interwebs. Without you the game would have never finished.)

So why didn't I get best player?

OK, my take on the game.

I got subbed in, and quickly began working on a fake - as soon as I saw Jig's post. This allowed me to gain enough trust to not get lynched. I also soon realized I might want to try moling the Awesome - when Jig stated suspecting me/when an Awesome leader claimed. So, I claimed using a fake I had handy (I think I tricked ~NJ into helping me with it - though I could be remembering wrong.) Anyways, after looking at the spreadsheet, it became apparant that either Thorns or Darkambe8828 (Lightwolf helped with this) was a wolf. Rodan./HD had 8 batteries, more than enough to help us kidnap, stealth (tie and then kidnap again at the worst), and win. I also tried to nudge Jigglypuffers42 into lynching Thorns for us, but that didn't work, so we had to stealth it. Anyways, that's about it from me.

LightWolf said:
And if anything, the awesome didn't deserve it after auramaster got himself lynched...
I'll admit that I didn't have the creativity to change my fake after hearing about the Weapons :(, but I thought I could still mole based on three assumptions.

1. The Boring would notice that Gunpowder isn't a Weapon. I don't know about everyone else, but in all my old History books, gunpowder is an old invention that the Chinese used for shooting fireworks off, and barely mentioned as gun fuel.

2. The Boring would assume that any Weapon would be smart enough to claim as something less suspicious then gunpowder. The only person who pointed it out was ~NJ, and he only told me in IRC. I'm still shocked no one mentioned it in the thread.

3. One of the Awesome would step up as village leader, once they saw that the Boring were uniting. Plus I was going on and on about how important village leaders are. Plus it was Day 2, by then almost any other village would have united. Seriously, were you guys all asleep?

Would someone tell me where my logic's wrong?

As for my opinion on the game...

jigglypuffers42 said:
1. Sometimes, i think that I am the only one taking this seriously.

2. On the other hand, there are a couple of other people who are taking this seriously, but there they are outweighed by all of those horrible people who are ruining this game.
I can't say it much better then that. Congrats to UncleSam for his incredible job as host, trying to keep the game going, and it kinda worked because people (gasp!) were TALKING! Also, Spiffy is MVP for playing perfectly. EDIT: I was just kidding :) and US, Spiffy did play for about two hours.

UncleSam

Leading this village
blah blah blah

I can't say it much better then that. Congrats to UncleSam for his incredible job as host, trying to keep the game going, and it kinda worked because people (gasp!) were TALKING! Also, Spiffy is MVP for playing perfectly.
lol...Spiffy, you have an admirer...

(Psst Spiffy wasn't playing)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
While I was alive anyway my kills managed to be right on target. I was so convinced while dead that Pidge and Darkamber were weapons. Pidge because he was being a fucking idiot and I've been assured that he is not one. Darkamber because he kept bringing up the fact that players weren't voting and saying that people who did would get lynched. And while there should never be a two village game again, I hope people learn a valuable lesson about just how dumb it was to turn this into a village vs. village thing. Staraptor Call and I were the only villagers who were actually doing a good job by staying in the background, it's my fault Staraptor Call died and I probably should have waited and let the awesome keep their vigilante but I had no idea that everyone would stop lynching.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Also in case anyone was wondering...there were no kill priorities or priorities of any kind. All actions of the same kind just all worked. For future reference, no one use this system ever again. In fact, make an effort not to replicate any aspect of this game. Seriously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)