[Standard] MegaMan Battle Network Mafia - Game over: blue_light and wickdaggler win!

Bah, looks like we lose.

Well, overall, I think this game was extremely well done. There were a few things that I thought were slightly broken (Kill redirector, and apparently 3 full PM inspectors. BL's having a BPV pushed him slightly over the edge as well.), but overall, I think it was very well done.

Village lost because they gunned for SciLab the whole game, and we were forced to retaliate or risk being eliminated very early. Unfortunately, Anachronism's whole "I hope that SciLab and WWW can work together to eliminate neutrals" didn't really work, but I think it would've been the best option for both sides to take.

For most of the game, I was pretty convinced that rey was Serenade, considering how he didn't seem to want to eliminate neutrals, and I thought that since our kill was redirected though SG, Serenade's power could possibly be some sort of deflection.

I don't really think that the neutrals were too overpowered. They were definitely powerful, but with so many inspectors, they should've easily been found and eliminated. Blue_Light played extremely well to pull this win off, so he gets props for that.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just to chip in - I'd love to see how much importance the item combinations were given. In DotA mafia nothing much came of combining the items afaik, but it seems there was some combining here?

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I never actually asked rey to have macle safeguarded, although I did call macle an idiot for claiming with such a possibility in his role, even if he did remove it when public claiming. I pretty much knew he had been converted once Yeti started defending him and trying to make him the main village leader.
I only defended him because the day you guys tried to lynch him was the day we made a fake wolf role PM to get not-us lynched. We knew interwebs had a BPV and we knew rey would have told at least one of you (unless you were all TOO STUPID to be told anything).

It wasn't because macle was being lynched but there was really no way to support a lynch on someone else without defending macle.

props to us for randing SciLab's first BG, vigilante, and rey's twin (with an inspect).

Your safeguard wouldn't have stopped the conversion either. The WWW checking role (mine) wasn't an actual power so I doubt SG would have stopped it.

Also, we had polelover use his jack in/out when wickdaggler was alive to get solid kills in but after that, not so much. I mean we gave him targets but we didn't really have any central plan for it.

I think the power advances were used a lot less than maybe US wanted?? The lifesword was one and I got the BPV (Barrier chips) all too late since it was LYNCH YETI THERE ARE NO KILLING NEUTRALS LEFT. Too bad Barrier didn't offer a BPV AND LPV -_-.

Props to my WWW faction ^_^ you guys were definitely a good faction to have and plan with in our WWW chan. At least we played as we were supposed to and didn't underestimate the neutrals (lol SciLab).

I don't see how we really underestimated them, bpv/mayors everywhere, had we focused on neutrals WWW would've evened the numbers and if we let you control the lynches then I doubt we would've been able to win. Village-like-faction1 vs mafia-like-faction2 vs neutrals

How did we have more kills? WWW could kill every night just like us, and we could only kill every night if our vig was jacked in, which could easily change. Oh, and when our vig died we lost our kills except for the one-time life sword and rey's redirects, whereas had we killed Yeti someone else would have gotten the kill power.

Except you knew that Yeti was the WWW killer and you had a KILL REDIRECTOR. There has been no mafia on smogon that has ever had a kill redirector, let alone one that has Usain Bolt priority.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
You underestimated bl because rey didn't think he could kill, at all. When he could kill every night which is what we suspected.

bl told us he had a one-time kill, we didn't believe it but I pretended to, then he could kill every other night, we pretended to believe it, but we suspected he could kill nightly.

interwebs was a good man. He didn't even have a LPV so SciLab could have lynched him off. SciLab focused on WWW way too much and ignored the not-harmless neutrals. It should have been evident in a 2-faction game the neutrals would be strong to stand a chance.

I think if interwebs died before rey did, rey's BPV should have disappeared. Otherwise, WWW literally had no way to win since he randed our killer (me).

Except you knew that Yeti was the WWW killer and you had a KILL REDIRECTOR. There has been no mafia on smogon that has ever had a kill redirector, let alone one that has Usain Bolt priority.
Point taken, although that didn't work for us forever (namely when rey was jacked out)
You underestimated bl because rey didn't think he could kill, at all. When he could kill every night which is what we suspected.

bl told us he had a one-time kill, we didn't believe it but I pretended to, then he could kill every other night, we pretended to believe it, but we suspected he could kill nightly.

interwebs was a good man. He didn't even have a LPV so SciLab could have lynched him off. SciLab focused on WWW way too much and ignored the not-harmless neutrals. It should have been evident in a 2-faction game the neutrals would be strong to stand a chance.

I think if interwebs died before rey did, rey's BPV should have disappeared. Otherwise, WWW literally had no way to win since he randed our killer (me).
That more or less sums it up actually. For whatever reason I assumed that since Bass was their killer that b_l could no longer kill, looking back at it I'm surprised I never thought of him gaining a kill when his killing partner died (this coming from someone who even considered that his twin was actually the wolf and given a safe claim through me, but that was just me being paranoid). As for the neutrals, I'll admit that we underestimated b_l because we didn't think he had a kill, but we didn't even know interwebs was a neutral until right before rey and I died. I will say that lynching interwebs was probably a better choice than macle, but tbh at that point we were probably done anyway, since b_l could kill as well and you both had mayor abilities.

All you guys had to do was lynch interwebs and the game was over. You guys also had higher kill priority than WWW and more kills.
Yeti said:
We weren't sure if the interwebs was a neutral until after rey had died, and even then we had no clue what actual abilities he had. After rey had died and we knew for certain that the interwebs was a neutral, I had TRIED to orchestrate a tie lynch between macle and the interwebs to eliminate them both at the same time, but because UncleSam extended the deadline (which he didn't even tell anyone about until long after the original deadline had passed) that kinda flopped because by the time I woke up the next day the interwebs had changed his vote and the lynch had already occurred, and then things just went downhill from there.

If you can't even hit interwebs by Night 4 with 3 full role pm inspectors, then you guys deserve to lose. Villages in Big Mafia games don't even get that many inspectors let alone full role pm inspectors.

Depends on if Macle gets to kill if interwebs dies. If he can then tactically macle is better than interwebs, since WWW thinks he's one of them. Though interwebs can kill through bpvs and there were 2 bpvs at the end of the game both whom were locked into specific states (though he might not know if Serenade and Wily are locked into being jacked in/jacked out).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)