[Standard] MegaMan Battle Network Mafia - Game over: blue_light and wickdaggler win!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Game Over!

Four lonely survivors straggle into the town square for one last, fatal showdown. Suddenly Fangren, that goddamn persuader bitch, whispers something into the old, wrinkly, hairy ear of Yeti. blue_light, seeing this, immediately thunders "LYNCH YETI!" Yeti protests, but then, looking over to Fangren, realizes the horrible truth: not going along with it means betrayal to such a nice lady...Yeti, looking hagard from such a long struggle, finally glances back at blue_light, closing quickly, and instead takes out a dagger and stabs...poor old man...
UncleSam said:
Dear Yeti, you are Wily

You are the evil genius who continuously makes grand, complicated plans to destroy the Net and, as a result, the entire earth. However, at every step you are foiled by a retarded grade school kid named Lan Hikari. But not this time. This time will be different. This time YOU, WILY, WILL RULE SUPREME OVER ALL THE PEONS THAT INHABIT EARTH! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously, though, you are the leader of the WWW.

Every night, you may PM UncleSam and billymills with “Night X-Destroy <user>”. That night, you will employ the wide resources of the WWW to destroy (kill) <user> regardless of whether <user> was a Navi or otherwise. Should you die, the WWW will still kill every night, but one of your subordinates will decide who to destroy instead.
You do not have a Navi form, and so you cannot Jack In or Jack Out at night.

Also, night you may PM UncleSam and billymills with “Check <user> for evilness”. You will send the spies of the WWW to spy on <user> and determine if <user> is evil or not, which basically corresponds to <user> being allied with you or not. This is NOT a power, has no priority, and as such can be used in conjunction with your nightly kill. It also cannot be hooked or safeguarded, as a result of it not being a power.

Because you are so influential, not only will your vote count double in every lynch, but should you ever be lynched, you will call your WWW members to stuff the ballots with “no lynch” votes, and no lynch will occur that day. Your members are lazy, however, and so will only bail you out once.

You are in possession of the BattleChip WideSword L. Maybe, if you combine it with other chips, something good will happen.

You also know the identity of your son, Regal. He is: Veedrock

You are allied with the WWW. You win if the WWW eliminates all threats.

blue_light takes one last look at Yeti, smiles, and turns on the other two in the square, Alan and Fangren. "Couldn't have done it without you two" he mocks them...neither really stood a chance in the face of his wrath...

UncleSam said:
Dear Fangren, you are Ms. Mari

You are Lan’s teacher, and a generally nice lady. You are so nice, in fact, that you find yourself able to convince nearly anyone of anything. You will find your powers of persuasion are your greatest asset against the WWW.

Every night, you may PM UncleSam and billymills “Night X-Persuade <user1> to vote <user2>”. The next day, <user1> will be forced to vote for <user2>, or be godkilled. This will not affect <user1> in any other way however, and <user1> will be able to speak normally apart from lynch votes.

As you have no NetNavi, you cannot Jack In.

You are in possession of the BattleChip ElementSword*. Maybe, if you combine it with other chips, something good will happen.

You are allied with SciLab. You win if SciLab eliminates all threats.

UncleSam said:
Dear Alan, you are Ribitta/ToadMan

You are that really pathetic duo from Battle Network 5 that Chaud/ProtoMan was forced to sacrifice himself for. Fortunately, after that you grew a skin and started to actually fight for the cause of SciLab. Your healing songs and annoyingness as a reporter will be your primary asset against the WWW.

As Ribitta, every night you may PM UncleSam and billymills with “Night X-Take <user> aside for interview”. That night, you will take <user> aside for an interview, and any hookers attempting to stop them from using their night action will fail. Instead, you will release <user> midway through the night, and <user> will perform his/her night action. This will not protect <user> from anything apart from hookers, however.

Should you Jack In, you will become ToadMan. Every night, you may PM UncleSam and billymills with “Night X-Sing Song to <user>”. You will sing a song to <user>, protecting him/her from any non-killing actions that night.

You are in possession of the BattleChip BambBlade F. Maybe, if you combine it with other chips, something good will happen.

You are allied with SciLab. You win if SciLab eliminates all threats.

blue_light looks around, whispers "noobz", and suddenly wickdaggler appears out of nowhere. The Internet is under new management, bitches.

UncleSam said:
Dear blue_light, you are Serenade

You are the King of the UnderNet, Rank 1. You do not care for the radical WWW, nor for the law abiding SciLab. You rule the underside of the Net, but now your goals have grown larger: Total domination of all. This goal has led you to combine your powers with one other, seeking similar domination of the Net, and together you two will rule everything.

You are purely a NetNavi, and so cannot Jack In at night.

Every night, you may PM UncleSam and billymills with “Night X-Holy Shock <user>”. That night, you will cause an enormous shock around <user>, forcing <user> to Jack In, instead of whatever <user> was going to do. This will only work if <user> is currently a Navi, however. It should also work if <user> is a Navi permanently, but will instead only force that <user> to idle rather than do something.

Alternatively, you may send a PM to UncleSam and billymills with “Night X-Send <user> to UnderNet”. That night, you will send your many minions in the UnderNet to <user>’s house, and if <user> is not a Navi, <user> will be forced to Jack In instead of whatever <user> was going to do. This will only work if <user> is not a Navi, however. If <user> is permanently a NonNavi, <user> will be forced to idle that night by your angry minions, but will not perform any other action.

Because you command such respect from so many, your vote will count double in the daily lynches. On top of this, should you ever be lynched, your minions will come and stuff the ballots with No Lynch votes, allowing you to escape being lynched. However, this ruse will only work once.

You are also very difficult to kill, and so, should you ever be targeted for a kill, it will fail. This will only work the first time. Note that because your actions leave you vulnerable, you will not be immune to any kills should you use either of your night actions that night.

You are in possession of the BattleChip FireBlade F. Maybe, if you combine it with other chips, something good will happen.

You also know the identity of your partner, Bass. He is: wickdaggler.

You have no allegiance. You win if you or Bass is/are the last man/men standing.
UncleSam said:
You watched in contempt as the lynched played out before your eyes, but just as you began to walk back to your palace (I presume you have a palace) in the UnderNet, your minions who had been obeying Bass suddenly came along, panting, saying "O most high King, we apologize for the delay, and for allowing Bass to die!" You decide to give them one last chance, however.

As a result, as an alternative to any of your current actions, you may PM UncleSam and billymills each night with "Night X-Sending minions to kill <user>" Your minions, now emboldened from their initial failure, will kill <user> regardless of whether or not <user> is a Navi or NonNavi. This kill has the same priority Bass' kills had before he died.

Congratulations to wickdaggler and blue_light, the winners of MegaMan Battle Network Mafia!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
This game should get the award for most broken neutrals.

Whatever I had fun owning Yeti so much.

But please can you next time stop making neutrals this strong? You see how it fucked us up? 4 killers against SciLab yeah right how fucking fair.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
please.

you had 3 full inspectors. your faction could be found in 3 nights. you had an unlimited kill redirector who worked through safeguards.

you even started with more people than us.

it's not 4 killers against scilab lol.... it's wolf alliance 1 vs wolf alliance 2 vs WWW vs scilab.

you just decided to play the game as a village and you lost because you weren't a village and this wasn't a village vs 2 mafia game

it was your own poor playing and disregard of the neutrals that made you lose.

WWW strong. we played like a true faction, we just got owned by the dumb kill redirecting.

(o 3:33:48 pm o) <Yeti> yo scilab
(o 3:33:49 pm o) <Yeti> supermarth64
(o 3:33:51 pm o) <Yeti> breloom
(o 3:33:56 pm o) <breloom> yeti
(o 3:34:01 pm o) <Yeti> fyi you guys lose 100% if you try to lynch me again
(o 3:34:11 pm o) <supermarth64> abominable snowman
(o 3:34:14 pm o) <Yeti> tip for your benefit and my benefit
(o 3:34:38 pm o) <supermarth64> sorry, abominable snowoman
(o 3:35:48 pm o) <Yeti> bro don't
(o 3:35:50 pm o) <Yeti> pull any funny stuff

yo scilab
maybe you idiots should listen to me ???

worst of all i even had a BPV from a power advance so if they had and blue light had agreed to lynch a scilab, we would've won -_-

but gg to blue light. you had help because rey had more than likely told scilab to destroy the WWW without question because he was MAD but you played well.

Nah it was 3 killers, and you had permahook and redirect. All the kills in the game were stuck to a singular role until that person died so keeping the killers alive worked in your favor because you can keep them in check indefinitely. Not only that, but wickdaggler and interwebs had specific types of killing. Meaning they had to guess if their target was jacked in or not, theoretically a 50/50 shot to kill (however in terms of actual gameplay almost all roles got better with jacking in and only a handful had completely different effects when jacked in).

If you played your cards right you could have locked down every kill directed at Scilab, for the entire game. Permahook one killer, Redirect another killer, and guard the important roles of that process with your bg. On top of that you win your lynches and get a free kill directed at whatever mafia/neutral of your choice.

I have spoken to many people about this and they all agree that your role, Rey, was severely overpowered even in the context of the other roles of the game which you claim are too good.

Edit: Even if Interwebs can kill through protection you could have lynched him 5 times over or redirected a kill at him (which would have worked since the WWW blew his bpv). He also missed two kills on you targeting you as a non-navi. You only have yourself to blame for not taking care of him.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
If you played your cards right you could have locked down every kill directed at Scilab, for the entire game.
Lol do you think I didnt? I redirected Yeti to interwebs and OH SO COOL A BPV.

HOLY SHIT A WOLF THAT CAN KILL! HOW FUCKING UNFAIR!
stop being retarded already, I clearly said it could kill through Bodyguards, why change my words you idiot?

whatever im done with this shit.

Also Yeti way to attract the most attention to yourself despite being the most important role on your team, same goes for you rey.

IMO you both played horribly

Oh, and UncleSam, this concept worked perfictly, and I think, what with everyone having learned their lessons, a repeat is nessisairy.

You guys also had two vigs, forgot to mention that.

Yeti I would never have lynched a scilab at that point of the game, because there is no point in me trying to having a priority fight with you, when I can just sit back and lynch you. (eg I faked being persuaded).

I had the Scilab convinced that I didn't have a kill and that I could win with them by creating a tie situation where since I was mayor I could win with Scilab if they had just 2 regular villies.

reyscarface

World Defender
You Jacked me out like in night 4, you could have done it years before. Same for interwebs, he could have killed me ages ago but you both went retarded.

Also Yeti way to attract the most attention to yourself despite being the most important role on your team, same goes for you rey.
lol? I was being lynched, I clearly said I wasnt going to lead this game until a bunch of retards decided to follow a WWW when they were SciLab with the LOL NEUTRAL bunch of shit, making me show my role PM and then lead, you brought this upon yourselves, retards.

And lol YOU saying we played terribly? Just shut up dude, you revealed yourself easily, your fake was terribly bad, and you ultimately sucked. The only reason you won is that blue light is too pro.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
(1:33:12 pm) Session Ident: reyscarface (synIRC, Yeti) (~Scar@the.cute.mexican.boy.lays.dormant)
(1:33:12 pm) <reyscarface> http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71448&page=10
(1:33:14 pm) <reyscarface> change your vote
(1:57:37 pm) <Yeti> ok but i'm just wondering why you think blue light can't do anything when it says in the rules there are no harmless neutrals
(1:57:49 pm) <Yeti> like if you can explain how bl is not a threat i'll change
(1:57:56 pm) <Yeti> sorry i was afk
(2:00:31 pm) <reyscarface> he cant kill
(2:00:35 pm) <reyscarface> he can just hook people
(2:00:40 pm) <reyscarface> thats his power
(2:01:06 pm) <Yeti> he told me he needs to do a power advance
(2:01:14 pm) <Yeti> or whatever it's called
(2:01:26 pm) <Yeti> unless you've inspected him i don't think he can "just hook"
(2:01:30 pm) <Yeti> that's not very harmless
(2:01:34 pm) <Yeti> harmful
(2:01:34 pm) <Yeti> *
(2:01:47 pm) <reyscarface> hes bass' partner
(2:01:53 pm) <reyscarface> so yeah bass killed and he hooked
(2:01:53 pm) <reyscarface> thats it
(2:03:01 pm) <Yeti> you don't think he took over being able to kill
(2:03:31 pm) <reyscarface> nah
(2:04:17 pm) <Yeti> there was a neutral alliance that was harmful
(2:04:22 pm) <Yeti> the rules say there are no harmful neutrals
(2:04:29 pm) <Yeti> so even with bass dead i can't believe he's harmless
(2:04:38 pm) <Yeti> harmless* neutrals
(2:04:40 pm) <Yeti> wow
(2:05:33 pm) <reyscarface> hes not neutral
(2:05:38 pm) <reyscarface> harmless*
(2:05:39 pm) <reyscarface> sorry
(2:05:47 pm) <reyscarface> hes not harmless, he needs us dead to win
(2:05:51 pm) <reyscarface> thats what not harmless means
(2:06:32 pm) <Yeti> do you really think that a wolf-team doesn't take over the kill in a game like this
(2:06:37 pm) <reyscarface> i do.
(2:06:41 pm) <Yeti> he has a miniscule chance to win
(2:06:44 pm) <Yeti> if he doesn't get to kill
(2:06:55 pm) <reyscarface> thats why hes partner had a bpv and lynchproof
(2:06:57 pm) <reyscarface> his*
yo reyscarface

nice loss, at your own hands, for completely disregarding a neutral.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)