[Standard] Paper Luigi Mafia - Fanboys And iiMKUltra Win

You eventually get over your shock from being alive in a cycle with two digits and tackle Bowser’s doors. No, literally, he has a handful of annoying guard-esque doors that can talk. Go figure. You eventually pass their ‘tests’ and get close to the transition between the two castles - Bowser’s and Peech’s - when you see a familiar face. It seemed to be iiMKUltra uh I mean Jr. Troopa, and he’s learned a few tricks from Kappy Koopa herself. And really, he DOES wow you. Until he dies swiftly.

Then you get to the transition I earlier mentioned, when all of a sudden arrives Eldstar. “I.. don’t really have a reason for bothering you guys this time. But, be there a reason or not, heads must roll, and I’ve prepared a special treat for today- giant Dry Bones!” And with that he summons a giant Dry Bones that begins to march in the group’s general direction. He then breaks apart and crumbles on the floor, but since his bones are so big, it came with quite the anticlimactic results! It seems that asim got completely smashed by one of the bigger bones, leading to his death. Fatecrashers was also injured, but slightly less, and the only thing he won’t be doing is using actions. “And here is the poor sap’s PM. Asim’s, that is:”
Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Lakitu.

You have 29 HP, 4 Attack, 0 Defense. You have no special traits.

Spiny Flip [+0]:
You may not use Spiny Flip and Spiny Surge during the same night. You may use this every night.

Spiny Surge [Non-Damage]:
Your target will receive 1 unblockable damage for every action they send in during the following cycle. You may not use Spiny Flip and Spiny Surge during the same night. You may use this every night.

Cloud Nine [Non-Damage]:
Your target will be protected from any damage starting from the next half-cycle. This will remain unchanged until you choose another target, stopping the routine immediately. If this action happens to be altered or stopped in any way, it will fail and you will have to choose a new target, not necessarily a different one. You may use this every half-cycle.

You are allied with The Arcade Addicts. You win if your faction is the strongest remaining when The Menaces From Toad Town are eliminated.
“And I found another completely unrelated body. I think this guy went by the name of Engineer Pikachu, but you can never be sure! I think I’ll leave you guys with these for now, I’m off doing something else, productive probably.” Poor Engineer Pikachu’s PM was the following:
Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Piranha Plant.

You have 34 HP, 3 Attack, 0 Defense. You have no special traits.

Bite [Special]:
This action does [+0] damage. Your target will be unable to use any action. You may use this every night.

Startle [Non-Damage]:
You will discover your target’s current HP, Attack and Defense. This has a lower priority than anything that modifies said stats. You may use this every cycle.

Piranha Call [Special]:
This action does [+4] damage. This is to be used instead of Bite. Your target will be unable to use any action. You may use this only thrice. You may use this every night.

You are allied with The Star Rod Guardians. You win if your faction is the strongest remaining when The Menaces From Toad Town are eliminated.
Parakarry brings you the new Scavenge Bank, which is extraordinarily big. You guys might want to browse through and get some of the treasures.

[3] All or Nothing - Increases Damage if actions are efficient, but...
[2] Bump Attack - Defeats weak targets.
[3] Defend Plus - Boosts Defense by 1.
[1] Dizzy Stomp - Makes opponent dizzy.
[1] Double Dip - Increases agility.
[2] Feeling Fine - Stops abnormalities from affecting the holder.
[1] First Attack - Defeats weak targets if attacking swiftly.
[3] Happy Heart - Recovers HP at a slow pace.
[3] HP Plus - Raises maximum HP.
[1] I Spy - Alerts holder of a target's load.
[1] Mega Rush - Greatly raises the Attack of a weak holder.
[1] P-Down, D-Up - Alters Attack and Defense.
[2] Peekaboo - Reveals target's current HP.
[2] Power Plus - Raises Attack.
[1] Power Rush - Raises the Attack of a weak holder.
[2] Shrink Stomp - Shrinks a target.
[0] Slow Go - Holder becomes sluggish.
[2] Speedy Spin - Raises the holder's speed.
[2] Spin Attack - Defeats weak targets.
[2] Triple Dip - Greatly increases agility.
[3] Zap Tap - Electrifies the holder.

Before he flies off, he lets you know that the addicts are leading, somehow. Still, it’s worth noting that the competition is extremely close.

And that starts Chapter 11 Evening (gosh!), which will end whenever I get your PMs. If you do this lightning-fast I may be able to update again today!!

The castle’s in sight-- in fact, it’s right there! You climb up the stairs to the hallway in which people assumed ‘it’ happened, which is, the clash between Mario and Bowser. Prologue, remember that? About a month ago? Anywho, many battles had occurred here, and it would be of no surprise if something like that happened right now. Well, you wait for the inevitable, but it doesn’t come. You go a bit forward to find a body. WOW! In fact, from good news to better, it seemed to be Spiffy, who has finally died. Took certain players 12 cycles to do so, though, I guess he can take that as a compliment.
Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Clubba.

You have 37 HP, 9 Attack, 0 Defense. You have no special traits.

Day Smash [-2]:
Due to your natural drowsiness, you will be unable to send in any action during the following night. You may use this every day.

Night Smash [+0]:
Due to your natural drowsiness, you may not send in any action, including vote, during the former day in order for this to work. You may use this every night.

Snore [Non-Damage]:
Write any message along with this action. Your target, after being startled by your snoring, will pick up on this message without knowing the author’s identity. This is the only action you are allowed to send in during your drowsiness stage, and it can be sent in twice every time. You may not send in this action otherwise. Note: this is the only action description in the game which does not end with “You may use this every day/night/cycle/half-cycle”.

You are allied with The Kammy Koopa Fanboys. You win if your faction is the strongest remaining when The Menaces From Toad Town are eliminated.
Parakarry drops b--”No time to talk, take your little scavenge list and finish this damn game already.” Whoa.. what got into him?

[1] D-Down Pound - Ignores Defense.
[3] Defend Plus - Raises Defense.

“And you might want to know that the Fanboys are leading. I guess.”

It is now Chapter 12 Morning. Get it done, please.

And it was time for your final chapter in this little quest. The Star Rod is supposedly ahead, in the pinnacle of Peach’s Castle. You get closer and closer until.. Eldstar, of course. “Sigh.. this is the last time I’ll be seeing you guys. While I admit it was daunting for me, it was still pretty damn fun. I mean, who DOESN’T enjoy immense power in their hands? Anyway, before I get carried away, I’d like to tell you the results of the lynch, but just to make it more tense, I’ll show you these bodies I picked up earlier. They managed to vote before they died, but I guess I’ll show them first. :)” And with that he reveals the bodies of one kingofkongs and one J-man. They are, respectively:
Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Magikoopa.

You have 33 HP, 4 Attack, 0 Defense. You have no special traits.

Power Blast [+4]:
You may use this every night.

Attack Blast[Non-Damage]:
Your target’s attack will be boosted by 3 during the next cycle. You may not use Attack Blast and Defense Blast during the same night. You may use this every night.

Defense Blast [Non-Damage]:
Your target’s defense will be boosted by 2 during the next cycle. You may not use Attack Blast and Defense Blast during the same night. You may use this every night.

You are allied with The Kammy Koopa Fanboys. You win if your faction is the strongest remaining when The Menaces From Toad Town are eliminated.
Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Paragoomba.

You have 30 HP, 2 Attack, 0 Defense. You have no special traits.

Spy [Non-Damage]:
You will discover your target’s Role PM. You may use this every day.

Land [+0]:
You may use this every half-cycle.

Float Away [Non-Damage]:
You will be in “Vanish” mode during this half-cycle and the next. You may not send in any action alongside this one. You may use this every night.

You are allied with The Arcade Addicts. You win if your faction is the strongest remaining when The Menaces From Toad Town are eliminated.
“And with that.. I’d like to get to the votes, if possible. Looks like most of you just don’t like Nightmare jigglypuff. It’s a shame really.” Aaaand he summons a giant Bony Beetle (I’m running out of ideas) to completely squish him/her/it.
Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Crazee Dayzee.

You have 30 HP, 2 Attack, 0 Defense. You have no special traits.

Slam [+0]:
You may use this every cycle.

Sing [Non-Damage]:
Your target will be unable to send in any action during the following night. You may use this every day.

Amazee Call [+5]:
This is to be used instead of Slam. You may use this only thrice. You may use this every cycle.

“Quite the blow, really. Now, apparently the minority of you wanted Nachos gone. An interesting choice indeed.” Nachos then appears from the now small crowd and puts on some shades. “Heh, looks like you’ll have to wait another cycle before you deal with me.” Eldstar swiftly replies: “Actually, I beg to differ- you’re pretty much doomed.” “Uh, you can’t just call the game like that, right?” “Oh I’m not calling. You just die even if you’re in second place. Sorry”

“Fuck”, replies Nachos, as he begins to crumble. This time for good, it seems, as his old bones finally disappear completely. He was, well, probably what you were all looking for:
Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Dry Bones.

You have 10 HP, 4 Attack, 0 Defense. You do not take damage, unless it is unblockable. You will be knocked out even if lynched in second place.

Bone Throw [+0]:

Play Dead [Non-Damage]:
You will discover your target’s Role PM. You may not use Play Dead and Frighten during the same night. You may use this every night.

Frighten [Non-Damage]:
Your target will be unable to use any action. You may not use Play Dead and Frighten during the same night. You may use this every night.

You are allied with The Menaces From Toad Town. You win if your faction survives when two others are eliminated.
Ditto’s group, who appear as the remaining [/b]fanboys[/b], can’t seem to wait any longer “Ok great the game is finished.. now have we won yet?”. They seem to be quite confident, waving their PMs. Actually, I don’t really know how a bunch of inactives can wave like that, but I guess it works.

Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Bandit.

You have 32 HP, 2 Attack, 0 Defense. Your scavenge priority is +1.

Dash [Non-Damage]:
You will discover your target’s current HP, Attack and Defense. This has a lower priority than anything that modifies said stats. You may not use Dash and Swipe during the same half-cycle. You may use this every cycle.

Swipe [Special]:
This action does [+0] damage. You will steal your target’s Badge with the least amount of BP usage. If a tie occurs, you will steal the least recent Badge out of all tied Badges. In the case of a second tie, you will steal all tied Badges. If you manage to successfully steal a Badge, your scavenge priority will drop by 1. You may not use Dash and Swipe during the same half-cycle. You may use this every cycle.

Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Gulpit.

You have 36 HP, 2 Attack, 0 Defense. You have no special traits.

Spit [+0]:

Swallow [Non-Damage]:
Any actions that were directed at your target will now hit you. You may use this every cycle.

Power Spit [+2]:
This is to be used instead of Spit. You may use this only thrice. You may not use Power Spit and Mega Spit during the same night. You may use this every night.

Mega Spit [+6]:
This is to be used instead of Spit. You may use this only once. You may not use Power Spit and Mega Spit during the same night. You may use this every night.

Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Pokey.

You have 20 HP, 5 Attack, 0 Defense. You have no visible special traits.

Fling [+0]:

Block [Non-Damage]:
Your target will be unable to scavenge or pass a Badge. You may use this every half-cycle.

Blue_Tornado said:
It seems that you had fainted and was left neglected against the scorching sun, causing you to dry up and become a Pokey Mummy! The following will now count for your Role PM--

You are a Pokey Mummy.

You have 10 HP, 6 Attack, 0 Defense. You have no special traits.

Fling [+0]:
Your target, along with this action, will be hinted during the night-to-day update. You may use this every night.

Block [Non-Damage]:
Your target will be unable to scavenge or pass a Badge. You may use this every half-cycle.

Ward Off [Non-Damage]:
Your target will not take any damage from actions.You may use this every night.

“Well, I”--”Is zorbees even alive??” Looks like Eldstar was interrupted again, this time by imperfectluck. “Well, I doubt it matters. We addicts win anyhow.” He points to, well, himself, the last addict standing. Quite shocking, actually.

Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Bob-omb.

You have 31 HP, 6 Attack, 0 Defense. You have no special traits.

Body Slam [-3]:
You may not use Body Slam and Bomb during the same half-cycle. You may use this every half-cycle.

Riot [Non-Damage]:
Write any message along with this action. You will cause a loud explosion at the beginning of the day, all the while leaving a note including whatever message you have sent in, for all to see. You may use this every night.

Bomb [+0]:
You will not be able to use Body Slam or Bomb during the following half-cycle. You will receive 1 unblockable damage for using this action. You may not use a combination of Body Slam+Bomb or Bomb+Explosion during the same half-cycle. You may use this every half-cycle.

Explosion [Non-Damage]:
You will create an enormous explosion, stopping the lynch. You will receive 10 unblockable damage for using this action. You may not use Bomb and Explosion during the same half-cycle. You may use this every day.

“I’m sure I’ve seen this before..” It was the voice of Fatecrashers. “Well, err.. oh, I get it. Little Tsuk had you all confused. I found him washed up a few hours after I made that little showcase. Looked like a plastic bag to me but I guess I was wrong. Anyway, for your viewing pleasure:”

Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Duplighost.

You have 35 HP, 0 Attack, 0 Defense. Your vote is negligible. All Role PM inspections will fail before a first use of Disguise.

Disguise [Non-Damage]:
You will copy your target’s Role PM and use it as your own from the following half-cycle onwards. You may use any action described in the PM. You may utilize any special traits described in the PM. If inspected, the Role PM given as a result is the one copied from your target, including it’s Win Condition. In reality, your Win Condition stays the same, no matter the target. This has a higher priority than any means of action stop or alter, as well as inspections. After your first use of this, you may use this action despite it not being in your new PM. Since you also copy your target’s stats, your current HP will change by the amount of HP increased or decreased from your original maximum HP to your new maximum HP. If this method leaves you with less than 1 HP, you will endure with 1 HP for that half-cycle. The changes to stats take effect immediately upon use. Upon death, the copied PM will be shown, and you will only be revealed once both you and your target have been knocked out. You may only use this twice. You may use this every half-cycle.

You are allied with yourself. You win if the Fanboys, Addicts and Menaces do not.
“Ok, so that solves that. Now, did we win?” Lonely Fatecrashers continued, the last Star Rod Guardian. “Well..”--”No, it’s pretty clear I did.” imperfectluck continued. “IF YOU CAN STOP INTERRUPTING, I can tell you.” Eldstar clearly had enough. “Honestly, how do you expect to win. You’re the last of your faction and you have 4 bloody HP left. You’re lucky you’re alive!”

“So.. we won. Cool” Fatecrashers interrupts. “Actually, well, how do I put this.. no.” Fatecrashers is sad. All he has left now is himself and a loss:

Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Cleft.

You have 22 HP, 4 Attack, 2 Defense. Your scavenge priority is +1.

Day Charge [Special]:
This action does [+0] damage. Your target’s vote will be made negligible for the duration of the relevant day. Your target will not know of this. You may not use Night Charge during the following night if you choose to use this action. You may use this every day.

Night Charge [Special]:
This action does [+3] damage. You may not use this action if you have used Day Charge during the former day. You may use this every night.

Defensive Ram [Non-Damage]:
Any actions that were directed at your target will now hit you. You may use this every cycle.

You are allied with The Star Rod Guardians. You win if your faction is the strongest remaining when The Menaces From Toad Town are eliminated.
“So.. woo, we won” said Ditto. He was quite right, actually. The Kammy Koopa Fanboys are the winners of Paper Mario Mafia. What an honor!

“And that means we get the Star Rod, right?” he continues. “Ho ho ho.. you.. you can’t be serious, right? You realize I would never do something like that! It’s the source of the world’s wishes, for crying out loud.” “So.. what the hell was this worth.” “Erm, if you ask me, I’d say-- the experience. Wasn’t this fun? I’m sure it was. For me, at least.”

The playerbase looks at Eldstar, or should I say Blue_Tornado, with a funny grin. What a suiting ending to a completely pointless adventure.

Parakarry doesn’t stop himself from coming one last time. “This is kind of pointless but well, I have this final scavenge list and I have NOTHING to do with it. So there, take it.” and he hands you the final Scavenge Bank. It really did took some size to it.

[1] D-Down Pound - Ignores Defense.
[3] Defend Plus - Raises Defense.
[1] P-Up, D-Down - Alters Attack and Defense.

GAME OVER. FANBOYS AND iiMKUltra WIN.

THANKS FOR PLAYING THE LONGEST SMALL GAME IN SMOGON HISTORY!

Really, it was quite the thing. Bad planning in some parts, combined with the loss of interest from the majority of players resulted in a really “missed” and drawn-out game. Like most mafia games, however, it did provide some kind of entertainment to some of the players (some of the time), and it was pretty interesting as a host to see how it progresses. There are many, many things that could have gone the other way in this game, many, many things that could have happened if only this player was inactive or that player had put more thought in their actions, it really had potential. And I’m not saying that because I’m the host - several players are the one that told me that, and, well, I agree. I’ll try to touch some of the problems, mysteries, and of course questions that need to be answered, that this game has left behind.

First, let’s get to the biggest complaint, and what was blamed on to be why people lost interest- the anti-social nature of the game. Anyone who watch this game from the outside would think it’s incredibly anti-social (maybe even a pc++ ploy by me, but that would be more of a joke), what with all the private lynches, and I guess you could agree. But this game, in planning, was meant to be based around politics. I imagined the two villages finding their own members, then negotiating with the Menaces and eventually the Guardians. At the later stages in the game it was really meant to be pure politics- you’d want to get the help of another faction to weaken a ‘leading’ faction or an intimidating faction, and these kinds of agreements will always shift, probably even every half-cycle. However, players lost interest, became inactive, and as a result there weren’t barely any active negotiations, let alone talk between the faction itself. Then there was another complaint - the game was just TOO mysterious. Almost nothing was obvious, the badge descriptions were sometimes misleading, even the results didn’t specify much out of “your action was redirected to someone unknown by someone unknown”, or “one of your unknown targets was protected by someone unknown”, you see where this is going. I wanted people to find those things out for themselves, which would require activity. I thought that, since people were meant to be active, they’d be motivated to find out what really happened around them, and that would increase the activity even more. Of course, they weren’t active, so that didn’t happen either. Really, both of these main problems may have had an influence.. or may not have had an influence. It’s really a question of whether that is what got people to give up on this game, or they just gave up from another reason and the game was left to rot.

The other main questions were related to the game’s course itself - some things, again, were left unclear so that the players would find them out for themselves. But, they didn’t, so common questions arose like “why is zorbees still on the alive list”. Actually, let’s talk about that- zorbees’ role was meant to completely confuse players, stay stealth, and add some spice into the game. zorbees was very active at first, getting some good addict claims, and I thought I made the right choice giving him that role. But.. then he got inactive. And he died, got his new PM and stayed inactive. And I asked him if he wanted to keep playing or I’d just sub him out and ruin the whole point of his role and he said he’d try to get back into the game, again and again until the game ended. Really, it’s quite the sad story. He got a BG and a very nice attack nightly, but he never used it them. I’m not blaming zorbees though- this is just one case of inactivity that consumed this game. Almost every player was inactive at some point, and the select few that weren’t.. well, I can probably count them with one hand. It’s really a shame, since a lot of roles and scenarios had potential to be really great for the game, and make the game as a whole better, but they never came to happen because of inactivity.

The ‘strongest’ or ‘leading’ concept, which I referred to in my docs as ‘P’ (for percentage), is just that- total current hp of a faction / total original hp of a faction. The higher the percentage, the better you were off. This was always shifting, and was always meant to shift. It really was the base of the concept of this game. It’s a shame I didn’t record the ‘P’ of each faction each night, since I would have done a showcase here. Regardless, I can say that it came extremely close towards the end (a 0.004 difference between addicts and fanboys during Chapter 11 Morning), and I’m glad it did. Unfortunately, Guardians (Fatecrashers) followed Ditto’s final orders rather blindly, and gave fanboys the win by targeting J-man instead of Ditto/RBG/zorbees. Actually, I’m not sure if this would give him the win (he did 9 damage, which is a lot but not game-breaking in any way), but the difference was around 0.7 and who knows, really.

I actually prepared an opening part of a future postgame in another doc I had, around a bit after the game started. It’s a bit of a treat to find right now, so I’ll just post it here:

So I’m constantly looking for game ideas, then start planning them and scrap the entire idea after a few hours worth of work. Then I come up with PM as a great theme, and seeing as I wanted to try a game based around the HP system, I went with it. At that time, I wanted a game that maximizes fairness and decreases “hax”. Random namekills are probably the worst part of a lot of games, and are incredibly unfair, and since the HP system essentially remedies this problem (usually), I really wanted to utilize it. So I did. Since I was using HP, it was obligatory to add in attack and defense, seeing as this IS Paper Mario. These three factors, however, have made initial planning an extremely hard task as I had no clue to how to start balancing roles and factions, especially since this was my first time with the system. I eventually settled on giving every player the power to damage another, but have other roles more specialized for damaging than others (those with 5+ attack, for example).

While planning, I wanted the game to always give factions a fighting chance, even when they’re down. Doing so would stop inactivity as a result of not thinking they can win. This led me to, rather spontaneously, think up of the format of the game-- essentially, no faction was a pure enemy to the other, and once there is one faction out of the competing three (aka Fanboys, Addicts and Guardians) that is close to winning, the other two woud team up with the “target faction” (Menaces) against said faction, while that faction will do all it can do finish off the target faction. Menaces had to take advantage of the constant shifting to get to it’s own WC -- eliminating two other factions and essentially stealing the win from the remaining faction. I thought that this format, while completely prone to kingmaker scenarios, had you think hard on how to shift the situation to your own advantage, as any slight damage one faction takes may completely shift the focus of the other factions.

Having each player able to damage another meant that knowing your allies is a huge boon. Informed factions would have a big advantage early on, as they wouldn’t randomly attack their own teammates. With this in mind, the Menaces ended up being just around as strong as the two villages power-wise, but obviously lacking in HP. Let’s look at it more clearly--

• Fanboys had high HP and power but lacked in actions when compared to the Addicts.
  • Addicts were weaker than Fanboys but had nice actions and utilities.
  • Menaces had power somewhere inbetween Fanboys and Addicts, while having all sorts of weird abilities AND the benefit of being united.
  • Guardians were weaker than the other factions in all aspects (stats and actions) but had the benefit of being hidden, aside from their unity of course. Compared to the Menaces, not only were they hidden and free to manipulate the two villages, but Menaces were outlined as the initial threat to the villages, thanks to their WC that involves eliminating them.

Surely, during the early cycles, the two villages would “work together” against the “mafia” like any other old-fashioned game-- just that they’d try weakening eachother in the process. There is absolutely no focus on a possible hidden faction, which is the Guardians’ saving grace. Guardians were built so they’d absolutely have to dig deep into the two villages and abuse their roles-- they lacked a Role PM Inspect, a Thief, the needed power to reliably kill targets and of course, they lacked votes. They had means of manipulating the vote, but not the votes themselves. The lack of basic utilities meant that they had to work hard in order to win. However, Duplighost meant that if there was any doubt regarding the Guardians’ chances of winning compared to other factions, it would surely subside.

Without getting too carried away-- I’ll try and explain how I started designing the roles, despite the trouble I had thinking of a way to even start balancing and whatnot. After a lot of attempts, I’ve decided to simply make roles according to the character itself. I spontaneously designed the roles according to the character’s traits, until I reached my 25 roles. Then I tried assigning them into factions according to the actions I’ve given to them. After I’ve split them according to their roles, I had to change stats, change/add actions and even add abilities to balance things and fit respective roles to the faction they were placed in. This stage wasn’t really “over” until a bit before the game started-- I had made a lot of small modification to plenty of roles, making sure it’s as fair and as fitting as possible. In the meantime, I began finalizing the concept of Badges and started designing Badges in a way that I thought would make them blend into the game well and not just be left aside as a “rather useless side concept”. I think a lot of actions and concepts ensured they’d take a fair place in the game’s execution. That was the plan, at least.

One of the biggest migraines I’ve had was deciding on Jr. Troopa’s final WC. I wanted him to win as a result of his own actions, and not as a result of others. At the same time, I didn’t want him to be strictly opposed to a certain faction, but I wanted him to make a kingmaker scenario more unlikely too. So many expectations made it ridiculously hard for me to come up with a good solution, but in the end, I came up with the 3 consecutive half-cycles WC. It’s challenging, essentially anti-kingmaker, while also giving Jr. Troopa the ability to negotiate with any faction, given the situation. And with that, the game was done.

I’m not going to go in-depth with the actual game and how it went, since I can provide docs and you can provide stories, and besides, not too much of note has happened anyway. Here they are:

Master Sheet
Role PMs
Planning Doc
Updates

There were some other less-significat docs like notes and the postgame doc I got the earlier part from, but really they’re nothing to see.

And we’re done!

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
politics or no politics, 3 factions gunning for us with no allies meant we were going down from the beginning

it was inevitable that the game would come down to which village was leading when the last menace died

there were two factions with a dangerously low amount of hp left when this ended - which was the scenario your faction needed. a little more damage on fate and one cycle of attacking ipl and not spiffy would mean your game.

basically, the end result proved that you did, in fact, have a good shot at winning.

also i should probably note something: a scenario i was worried about before this game started was a fanboys + menaces + jr troopa alliance that would topple the other two factions in votes and in power. that didn't happen though, but if it did, it would probably have been perfect for those three parties.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A well deserved win by me, I idled for the last million cycles. I'm da best.

More Comments Later When I actually read what happened and the postgame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)