[Standard] The Second Invasion of Silph - Game Abandoned

oh, ok then. also did your role make you totally untargetable at night every night or was there some sort of catch which i'm not seeing? being totally untargetable seems kind of broken to me, although i guess if it was the game wouldn't have been approved.

also my role PM for reference:

Brammi said:
Welcome to work Slim Guldo,

The Silph building where you work has been overrun by several evil organisations.

I would say I’m sorry to be hosting this little game of mine at your place of work but frankly, I don’t really care. There are multiple groups of people who are going to be trying to kill you. While watching your workmates get killed by Pokemon may be enjoyable, I’m giving you and your colleagues a chance to save yourselves. You may use your Pokemon to try and stop being overrun by the evil organisations I have let in to the Silph building. You are able to vote during the day to eliminate who you think the bad guys are.

Your Pokemon, Heracross, is one of those epic second gen Pokemon. It also seems to love being banned. First in Japan for ADV and then on Smogon from UU. You keep it close for protection. During the night phase you may use Endure on a target. That Pokemon will then Endure a kill shot that phase. Due to the stupid game mechanics you can't Endure for the same target two nights in a row meaning you will have to pick a different target. You may use Endure on yourself if you so wish but again you can't protect yourself two nights in a row.

As a worker for Silph Co. you win when all threats to your good company are dead.

Good Luck.
i have to say i thought the flavour for this game was pretty good, it's a pity we didn't see more of it :(

Oh, I didn't want the game to end... Will edit post with my game plan when I can get to a better keyboard.

Now that i'm on a keyboard, i'll inform you of the double crossing plan that was likely to fail. basically, i was dealing with things as they came. Since i knew there was no chance to win, i decided to become a sort of vigilante for the village and they could kill me off when they got rid of everyone else. But then Da Letter El came up to me and put me in a pretty bad situation, pretty much telling me that there was no way to win (i knew that already) and that i should join with him. So once i did join him he told me to kill slim guldo for revenge and stuffs. Anyway, in regards to wrapping things up, sorry Pyro, awesome DLE, and lol to me since i didn't get to do a SINGLE THING!!

Also, should i post the logs DLE?

RATHER IMPORTANT EDIT: you can't call me that DLE.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
It could randomly redirect to myself. Also rare was completely untargetable and was village. So yeah.

also nightmare jigglypuff and i worked on some fake logs for the lulz; I'll let njiggly talk about it.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
sad fact
but my backup BG was no fake. Also since the game is over, the first update had the names of all the plasma left in it which I quickly edited out. Didn't sub out to keep a closer eye on the game to avoid such situations.

oh i didn't even see that rare was untouchable on the spreadsheet (although i don't really like that role either :P)

nightmare jigglypuff - i felt really sorry for you in this game, since i knew full well that your faction was totally doomed and i can't imagine many worse things in mafia than subbing onto a doomed faction, already known to the village!

edit: next time you look here Brammi, could you post your spreadsheet please? would be interesting to see all the actions and stuff imo.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Also yes jigglypuff you can post the logs; put them in hide tags though so they dont stretch the thread too much. our plan was pretty funny.

Or you could not explain our plan and try using a similar plan for another game...but i doubt a situation like that will come up again so go for it

Okay then, DLE and i came up with logs to fool the village into lynching Aura Guardian (of whom i have a new nickname for. Name is in the logs.) The logs are below

11:16 Aura_Guardian Hey Nightmare Jigglypuff
11:16 NJigglypuff good day.
11:16 Aura_Guardian I see that you subbed into Silph
11:16 NJigglypuff yep.
11:17 Aura_Guardian I'm not sure if you already knew this, but
11:17 Aura_Guardian /cs info #chinchou
11:17 NJigglypuff oh.
11:17 Aura_Guardian As you can see, people already know that Grovyle, and hence you, are mafia.
11:17 NJigglypuff yeah, i've gotten that a lot.
11:17 Aura_Guardian really?
11:17 Aura_Guardian Who has told you that?
11:18 Aura_Guardian Have you been talking with Pyro?
11:18 NJigglypuff pyro mostly.
11:18 Aura_Guardian alright
11:18 Aura_Guardian Well, look, I know you're not in a very good position to win
11:18 Aura_Guardian and probably an impossible one
11:19 Aura_Guardian But if you could not tell, I am not exactly the most upstanding member of society either by contacting you
11:19 NJigglypuff yeah.
11:19 NJigglypuff so what faction are you then?
11:20 Aura_Guardian I don't feel I should share that with you yet; I want proof that you're willing to work with us first.
11:20 Aura_Guardian If that's alright with you.
11:20 NJigglypuff okay then, what do you want me to do?
11:20 Aura_Guardian Well, I assume you can kill tonight, right?
11:20 NJigglypuff you assume correctly.
11:20 Aura_Guardian I don't need the exact details, a simple yes or no is fine.
11:20 Aura_Guardian alright
11:21 Aura_Guardian Well, I think that Slim Gludo would be a good kill
11:21 Aura_Guardian Guldo*
11:21 NJigglypuff okay then.
11:21 Aura_Guardian I have reason to believe that he is allied with the village and it would be helpful to work with you here.
11:22 Aura_Guardian Has Pyro tried convincing you to kill anyone for him?
11:22 NJigglypuff not yet.
11:22 Aura_Guardian alright
11:22 Aura_Guardian If he does, please ignore him
11:23 Aura_Guardian we do not need more mafia deaths
11:23 NJigglypuff if you say so.
11:23 Aura_Guardian there are 3 mafia dead and 0 villagers; it would be bad to get even more crossfire.
11:24 Aura_Guardian Anyway, any questions you have?
11:24 Aura_Guardian besides my faction
11:24 NJigglypuff not that i know of.
11:24 Aura_Guardian alright
11:25 Aura_Guardian If you see me around, feel free to message me then if you have more questions.
11:25 Aura_Guardian I should probably go now
11:25 NJigglypuff okay then, see you around.

10:44 NJigglypuff hey a_g.
10:46 Aura_Guardian hey
10:46 Aura_Guardian What's up?
10:46 NJigglypuff pyro gave me a target.
10:46 Aura_Guardian Who?
10:46 NJigglypuff eo.
10:47 Aura_Guardian alright
10:47 Aura_Guardian Be right back.
10:48 NJigglypuff okay then.
10:54 Aura_Guardian Alright, back.
10:55 Aura_Guardian Did he give you a reason why you should kill eo?
10:57 NJigglypuff no, i don't think he trusts me.
10:58 Aura_Guardian Yeah, I think that was pretty apparent
10:58 Aura_Guardian Especially considering the first two deaths of the game were on your team
10:58 Aura_Guardian Anyway, please don't kill Eo.
10:58 NJigglypuff yeah, that's the part that has condemned me.
10:59 NJigglypuff if you say so.
10:59 NJigglypuff might i ask why?
10:59 Aura_Guardian I would appreciate it if you killed Slim Guldo as we said before.
10:59 Aura_Guardian Because I think it would be better for both of us if you killed Slim Guldo.
10:59 NJigglypuff okay then, i will.
11:00 Aura_Guardian I heard a rumor that he was the one that outed your mafia channel to pyro, so that might be a good kill
11:00 Aura_Guardian You know, enact some revenge or something.
11:00 NJigglypuff okay then.
11:01 Aura_Guardian If pyro asks why eo isn't dead in the morning
11:01 Aura_Guardian Tell him that you were hooked
11:01 NJigglypuff sounds good.
11:01 Aura_Guardian Did pyro tell you anything else?
11:02 NJigglypuff nope, nothing.
11:02 Aura_Guardian alright
11:02 NJigglypuff anything else you would like me to do?
11:03 Aura_Guardian Do you have any night abilities you can do besides kill? Or would you prefer not say?
11:03 NJigglypuff i have no others.
11:03 Aura_Guardian ok
11:03 Aura_Guardian In that case, just kill Slim Guldo and we'll go from there.
11:04 Aura_Guardian If that's it, I'll talk to you later

PM for reference, probably the weirdest PM since I subbed into Hoenn, with a few more spelling errors and the like than normal:

Brammi said:
Welcome to work Quagsires,

The Silph building where you work has been overrun by several evil organisations.

I would say I’m sorry to be hosting this little game of mine at your place of work but frankly, I don’t really care. There are multiple groups of people who are going to be trying to kill you. While watching your workmates get killed by Pokemon may be enjoyable, I’m giving you and your colleagues a chance to save yourselves. You may use your Pokemon to try and stop being overrun by the evil organisations I have let in to the Silph building. You are able to vote during the day to eliminate who you think the bad guys are.

Your Pokemon, Ditto, is one of the wierder Pokemon. Pretty useless in battle and the simplest design since Geodude, it does have unique uses. At night you may choose a target. You will then make an egg with them, in effect giving them an Innocent Witness. Should anyone try to kill them stealthily the killer will instead kill the Innocent Witness to keep their anonymousity so they can stay stealthy.

As a worker for Silph Co. you win when all threats to your good company are dead.

Good Luck.
So I was a person who gave 1-time BPV items for a particular type of kill without notifying the person they received them or knowing what type of kill it was.

...Yeah.

AND WHY DIDN'T I GET QUAGSIRE???

Basically I'm lazy so I'm just gonna copy the PM I sent to Pyro when I told him.

Slim Guldo said:
Ok, so basically, a couple of weeks ago, on the first day of this game, Terrador messaged me asking about roles. That was perfectly fine and relatively normal, except that it drew my attention to the fact that he left all channels a few minutes later without actually quitting IRC. I decided to check what channels he was in to see if it was just an oversight, of if it was because he was constructing a mafia channel or something.

My search revealed this:

[18:10] Terrador is Mibbit@synIRC-EBE8DA1B.bvtn.or.frontiernet.net * http://www.mibbit.com
[18:10] Terrador on @#Chinchou
[18:10] Terrador using envy.il.us.synirc.net synIRC Illinois
[18:10] terrador End of /WHOIS list.

I didn't know what #Chinchou was, so I did /cs info on it, which didn't come up with any info at first because it wasn't registered. However I went back later and tried again, only to find this:

[09:44] -NickServ- Password accepted - you are now recognized.
-
[09:45] -ChanServ- Information for channel #chinchou:
-
[09:45] -ChanServ- Founder: Terrador
-
[09:45] -ChanServ- Description: A fustercluck of epic proportions
-
[09:45] -ChanServ- Registered: Apr 09 12:14:56 2011 CDT
-
[09:45] -ChanServ- Last used: Apr 09 12:21:32 2011 CDT
-
[09:45] -ChanServ- Last topic: #quantum N0: Elecbound is Redirect Swap, I'm Hooker, and Grovyle has yet to get back to us.
-
[09:45] -ChanServ- Topic set by: Terrador

So basically, this pretty much confirms that Terrador, Elecbound and Grovyle are mafia. It's really your call on what we do with this info and who we lynch today, but I personally wouldn't recommend Terrador as he's called you out for being suspicious, so lynching him could seem like you're just getting rid of people who disagree with you. I would also say don't reveal that we know their entire faction, as then they might get in contact with the other mafia, which would not be good.

There's other stuff which comes from this, but it's not that important and this PM is getting long so I'll tell you another time.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Brammi said:
Well well Giovanni, It’s been too long.

As you no doubt know I have been planning on hosting one of those games of mine that I like to play. Well guess what. This time you’re invited. I have set this up all so you can regain your place as the Top Dog in Kanto. Naturally I’m not going to just give it to you though. You will have to work for it.

Now, unless my information is incorrect, and we both know that is impossible, you have recently been training a Dusknoir. Once every night you may use Imprison on another player’s Pokemon. Thanks to your harsh training methods this move will not only erase any and all moves the target may have it will also bring them completely under your command. That is they will lose their powers and join your secret faction.

Of course, your Dusknoir is only so powerful. It may never have more than two other Pokemon under it’s influence. In addition if any player dies while a member of your faction it will take a toll on your Pokemon and it’s maximum influence will lower by one.

If you should die your ‘disciples’ will order their Pokemon to take the hit for your Dusknoir. They will then adopt your Dusknoir and it’s power so your legacy may live on.

In addition your sources have indicated to you that , Hydrattler, Da Letter El, StevenSnype and Afroninja22 are among those impervious to your Pokemon’s abilities.

You will win this game if you and your followers have eliminated all the other factions or nothing can stop it from happening.
I claimed mostly the same thing to pyro only different char without the conversion part and a WC of freezing three people and was going to convert him this night since he seemed to be accepted by mostly everyone as leader.

We were going to kill you. I knew you were the cult leader. I has iimkultra protect me from recruitment. Did your role tell you half of the mafia? That is ridiculously broken.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I don't think it was broken considering a) the existence of a shrink, b) Brammi told me after my recruit failed that there were more people than just those mentioned in my role pm who were immune to recruit, c) I can't kill anyone, d) I don't even know which of those people are mafia and don't think contacting them would've done much.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Quite intresting.

I'll post my Role PM.

Brammi said:
Welcome to work Lady Salamence,

Your Pokemon, Salamence, is one of the four non-legendaries deemed to strong to be allowed in battle. You know how to make the most of its power which is why you keep it with you at all times. You are the JOAT, short for Jack-Of-All-Trades. At night you have four possible actions, however, you must use all four before you can use one twice. Your first move is Draco Meteor. Any player hit by Draco Meteor will be killed. Next is Fly, when you use Fly the player you take with you will be protected from all non killing actions. Third move is Zen Headbutt. When you use Zen Headbutt the targeted player will be flinched and unable to use their action that night. Your last move is Roost. While resting with Roost you will befriend your target thus determining what alliance they are.

Good Luck
Exept for the RNG hook on LightWolf, all actions were requested by Pyro.

I killed Terrador.

I was supposed to inspect LightWolf, but the game was cancelled.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lol tbh Salamence was stronger than Giovanni imo...

Considering Eo couldn't kill I think it was only a matter of time until the village won this game.

Ok a few notes.

1. Recruiter was badly neutered. Cults are horribly unbalanced so I introduced the Neighbourizer role to even it but it tilted it the wrong way. I was told to make it more weak because you gained a doublevote for each of your recruits meaning that without some more anti cult stuff it could easily be broken. So I changed the priorities and made a heap of scenario's immune. I had to stop all mafia's from being recruitable because they were weak and it just backflipped. Names were given to lower the pool. Eo did err when he idled night 0 though.

2. Status: There was going to be an alternate mechanic involving items whivh would have made the whole status thing less of an issue. I apologize to tas and US who got the raw end.

3. Plasma: I'm sorry but there was nothing I could do to save you guys. That ruined alot of the game seeing as that faction had the best likelihood of winning.

4. @ Broken Town: The town was originally under populated so i added a couple more roles. I realised how broken the neighbourizer role was just after starting the game and made an executive decision to immunize Cult, that didn't help because Snype stayed suspicious.

5. Sorry for flaking.

heres my role

Brammi said:
Welcome Hydrattler,

Your faction, Magma, has been invited to partake in a little game of mine. The prize, Kanto and Johto. For those that lose, their consolation is death. This is an opportunity like no other. I advise you to take it.

You will get help from your Pokemon partner, Weezing, one of the old school evil Pokemon and who are you to break tradition. At night you may use Will-o-wisp on someone, burning them. When burnt your target's attack power will be lowered meaning they will only have a 50% chance of their actions actually working. Once a Pokemon is burnt the effect will not wear off naturally. There is no limit to the amount of Pokemon that may be burnt at any one time.

Together with your allies, AlphaJolt and Da Letter El, you must aim to eliminate all those who appose your ideals. You will win once all these threats have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this.

Good Luck

my role:

Brammi said:
Welcome to work RaRe555,

Your Pokemon, Torkoal, is one of the many subpar one stage Pokemon, although it isn't quite as bad as Luvdisc at least. You still love your Torkoal regardless of what those competitive battlers think. At night you will use Withdraw. When using Withdraw you will be unable to be targeted by any action and will appear to be ‘hidden’ by anyone that does target you. You get scared in trying times and therefore don’t have the courage to stop yourself from hiding. You will come out for the day phase.

Good Luck.
i was gonna fuck up dle's plans >:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)