state of the forum // 10/06/2023

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
now please take this in the spirit in which it is intended, but perhaps for the next episode you could do some kind of preparation beforehand. like take a look at the posts on the forum before the video and think about some interesting things to say about them. i just worry that simply reading the posts aloud is not enough to keep the audience engaged, if you see what i am saying. since a significant number of posters on this forum are capable of reading posts for themselves

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
now please take this in the spirit in which it is intended, but perhaps for the next episode you could do some kind of preparation beforehand. like take a look at the posts on the forum before the video and think about some interesting things to say about them. i just worry that simply reading the posts aloud is not enough to keep the audience engaged, if you see what i am saying. since a significant number of posters on this forum are capable of reading posts for themselves
this is a really, really important post. however, what might be useful is if you could provide some statistical info from which the host could pull something useful from instead of your post, which appears to be quilted from your own personal observations. i just worry that the host will be unable to determine exactly how much preparation to do if he remains blithely unaware exactly how many posters are capable of reading VS the ones that need his recapitulation

You know posts like these are why I tend to consider leaving this forum entirely. I get together with a couple of low intellectual individuals to provide this forum with some decent commentary and yet I am met with this unwarranted criticism. I am using my time to provide people like YOU with content. You try coming up with "interesting" things to say about these vile threads you hair-plug-having buffoon.

there's no need to get mad (which i am not). you seem to be irrational and angry whereas i am calm and clear headed. perhaps you should go outside and touch the lawn you mother fucker
You claim to be "clear headed" yet you're ignorant to the systemic water shortage affecting a historically large part of the United States resulting in a lack of lawns to touch. But I'm sure you know a thing or two about a lack of growth based on the patches on that humongous head of yours. Take a message from your hair line and back the fuck off.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
You claim to be "clear headed" yet you're ignorant to the systemic water shortage affecting a historically large part of the United States resulting in a lack of lawns to touch. But I'm sure you know a thing or two about a lack of growth based on the patches on that humongous head of yours. Take a message from your hair line and back the fuck off.
wait, let him cook

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
your argument is nothing but an ad hominem, a logical fallacy. rationalists like myself look upon NPCs like you with a mixture of disdain and pity. begone from my forum lest i decide to target you with the fullness of my wrath.

your argument is nothing but an ad hominem, a logical fallacy. rationalists like myself look upon NPCs like you with a mixture of disdain and pity. begone from my forum lest i decide to target you with the fullness of my wrath.
Hey man,

I know the two of us are bigger than this petty flame war so I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the hurtful comments I made regarding your hair loss. My words were thoughtless, insensitive, and entirely uncalled for. I understand now the pain and distress that I caused you, and I deeply regret my behavior.

I want to assure you that my intention was never to hurt or demean you in any way. I let my thoughtless humor get the best of me, and I failed to consider the impact my words would have on your feelings. I now realize that making fun of someone's physical appearance is not only hurtful but also completely unjustifiable. I am truly sorry for my lack of empathy and the pain I caused you.

I want to assure you that I have reflected deeply on my actions and the consequences they have had. I now recognize the importance of treating others with kindness, respect, and understanding. It is my sincere hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me for the hurt I caused you. I understand that my words may have damaged our relationship, and I deeply regret that. I value our friendship, and I would be devastated to lose it because of my thoughtless behavior. If you are willing, I would be grateful for the opportunity to make amends and work towards rebuilding the trust and respect we once had.

Please know that I am committed to becoming a better person, one who learns from their mistakes and strives to be more compassionate and considerate in the future. I am actively working on developing a greater awareness of the impact my words can have on others and taking responsibility for the consequences of my actions.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, or at least on one of your bald spots, and give me a chance to rectify my mistake. If you would be open to a conversation, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and apologize in person. However, I completely understand if you need time and space to process this situation.

With deepest apologies and heartfelt remorse,
faint

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man,

I know the two of us are bigger than this petty flame war so I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the hurtful comments I made regarding your hair loss. My words were thoughtless, insensitive, and entirely uncalled for. I understand now the pain and distress that I caused you, and I deeply regret my behavior.

I want to assure you that my intention was never to hurt or demean you in any way. I let my thoughtless humor get the best of me, and I failed to consider the impact my words would have on your feelings. I now realize that making fun of someone's physical appearance is not only hurtful but also completely unjustifiable. I am truly sorry for my lack of empathy and the pain I caused you.

I want to assure you that I have reflected deeply on my actions and the consequences they have had. I now recognize the importance of treating others with kindness, respect, and understanding. It is my sincere hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me for the hurt I caused you. I understand that my words may have damaged our relationship, and I deeply regret that. I value our friendship, and I would be devastated to lose it because of my thoughtless behavior. If you are willing, I would be grateful for the opportunity to make amends and work towards rebuilding the trust and respect we once had.

Please know that I am committed to becoming a better person, one who learns from their mistakes and strives to be more compassionate and considerate in the future. I am actively working on developing a greater awareness of the impact my words can have on others and taking responsibility for the consequences of my actions.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, or at least on one of your bald spots, and give me a chance to rectify my mistake. If you would be open to a conversation, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and apologize in person. However, I completely understand if you need time and space to process this situation.

With deepest apologies and heartfelt remorse,
faint
this apology is a load of balderdash

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
listened to this at 1.5 speed while on the toilet, really enjoyed the continued banter and allusions to anti-depressants. That was my favotie part tbh, (though seeing my own posts were a real close second)

looking forward to the next one so I have something to listen to while showering!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)