[Suggestion]: Casual Pokemon Discussion forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked around but couldn't find a Suggestion forum, so I figured this to be the next best thing. Basically, I wanna suggest a Casual Pokemon Discussion forum. I realize that most of the people here like the strategy asspect of Pokemon and the current forums house that well. But, there's kinda no place to just have a casual topic about Pokemon around here. Sure Internet Renaissance could serve that purpose, but if art could have it's own forum, it's only right Pokemon should too on it's specialization forum..

Regardless of outcome, thanks in advance for reading.

P.S: Sorry for the fancy wording. It's kinda like a mode that activates when addressing higher ups. I can't turn it off, even on a f'n Pokemon forum.

I think this is a pretty good idea since there's nowhere to discuss Pokemon outside of the games or NetBattle. But that's just my opinion, I mean, maybe Smogon just doesn't want to head in that direction.

I thought about the direction issue. But after seeing the main site, Pokedex and the amount of people that's coming nowadays.. it seems Smogon is becoming universal no matter what the direction is. I'm sure that pikachu378 didn't come here to discuss the viability of a Cursebull set. He's just a Pokemon fan, plain and simple.

While in ways I think it would be a good idea I think what it boils down to is

www.smogon.com said:
Smogon University is a website that specializes in the competitive aspect of Pokémon.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah sorry Kaine. Smogon has always been centered around the battling part and originally was just intended for some of the regulars from the old IRC chats. You'll notice we don't have walkthroughs for the games or really anything relating to ingame unless there's competitive battling involved. We've carved out a niche here and the other aspects of pokemon are done better by other websites like Serebii. The people that sign up here generally want to get better at the battling part and that's all we're really here to cater to. If there was enough interest, perhaps, but I really don't feel like there would be.

I'll leave this open in case anyone wants to disagree.

I dont get it. Would we talk about our favorites or something?
[18:28] <Synre> Lugia, Entei, Suicune, they are all in movies
[18:28] <kyari> what happened to raikou>
[18:28] <Misty> hi tad
[18:28] <Synre> but what do they get? shitty single episodes no one has even seen!!
[18:29] <Misty> Raikou got a special
[18:29] <Misty> a special that was butchered in english, but a special nonetheless
[18:29] <goofball> Crystal and gold !!
[18:29] <atlas> raikou was in whatever the show is called
[18:29] <atlas> pokemon chronicles or whatever
[18:29] <Misty> yeah
[18:29] <goofball> you know what pokemon never got a movie...arcanine...

Happens often enough in the IRC channel. :3

Happens often enough in the IRC channel. :3
things like that seem more like spur of the moment IRCish. Imo a forum is not necessary and might be kind of silly you know? it could just turn into firepokebot

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i dont really know if there is much casual pokemon stuff to discuss, other than the anime and about a billion "what's your favourite pokemon?" threads

Well, just for kicks, what is everyone's favorite Pokemon? :D

Mine is Granbull! He's a big bulldog with a massive jaw and big ass fangs. How can you not love the guy!? Plus he kicks ass on Netbattle. Burninates Snorlax on the switch and pretty much takes off more than half on anyone who lets him Bulk Up. Sure he takes hits like a girl, but if he didn't, he wouldn't be UU.

<3 Granbull

i think if people knew we had something like this then it would attract a few too many fucking morons to smogon, which we certainly dont want/need :/

Yeah, I think I kinda realize why this place doesn't have a casual Pokemon forum now. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and it kinda digressed into a mediocre idea right now, but either way, doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

..Does Smogon even have a favorite Pokemon topic?

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I think there was one, not sure. But "Your favorite _____" threads are the kind that Smogon does NOT want (unless you're talking about battle roles).

EDIT: Thanks Steelicks!

My favorite Pokemon is Hariyama.

Okay, now that that's done, I have no use for the casual discussion forum. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)