Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timer should be 60 seconds tops, If you sit down to battle I assume you want to battle, not what everyone on the ladder seems to want to do

If you dont know the calcs by now, too bad, they aren't that hard to learn
Was thinking along similar lines with regards to the timer- there should be a "bullet variation" for OU, like 30 or 60 seconds to move like in chess.

Would make for faster pace games like you want, but add this feature in addition to the normal time control to not turn away new players trying to learn calcs. Remember you were once a new player too.

Timer should be 60 seconds tops, If you sit down to battle I assume you want to battle, not what everyone on the ladder seems to want to do

If you dont know the calcs by now, too bad, they aren't that hard to learn
Timers do get shorter if someone repeatedly timer stalls. The timer starts at 150 seconds so people can occasionally take 1 minute or 2 minute breaks. If you want to know more about how the timer works, then you can try reading this.

Is It possible for us to have a format where we can change base pokemon stats and add typing but we can only use theses mon on the custom battle mode I feel this is would be useful because it would make it so that we can add fakemon to sd but we could only use them against each other this would also have the possibility to spawn mini games

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Can we allow plebeians like me to see '/banword list'? :3

lets me know what to avoid
Is It possible for us to have a format where we can change base pokemon stats and add typing but we can only use theses mon on the custom battle mode I feel this is would be useful because it would make it so that we can add fakemon to sd but we could only use them against each other this would also have the possibility to spawn mini games
No, sorry.

I think that there shouldn't be 120 seconds after someone disconnects, personally (some may not agree) but this is just too long. I can see why you would want to do this but it takes too much time to run out and sometimes you need to do something different and cant wait 2 mins on your computer.

In cc 1v1 or anything really, having the happiness of the Pokemon show would be useful.
Why?
Because of moves like Return and Frustration, which are pretty common given everything learns them, are really just a guessing game right now when it shouldn't be.

In cc 1v1 or anything really, having the happiness of the Pokemon show would be useful.
Why?
Because of moves like Return and Frustration, which are pretty common given everything learns them, are really just a guessing game right now when it shouldn't be.
When you hover your mouse over the button, doesn't it display the base power that's not always 102?

maybe make it possible to leave comments on replays, at specific times and on specific turns

for example I just watched a battle which I thought was decided by a misclick, being able to ask a question at that point would be helpful, and maybe the player could answer it

this has the potential for abuse, but, it could be useful

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
maybe make it possible to leave comments on replays, at specific times and on specific turns

for example I just watched a battle which I thought was decided by a misclick, being able to ask a question at that point would be helpful, and maybe the player could answer it

this has the potential for abuse, but, it could be useful
Players do not play the game in real time in a replay. The replay is like a recorded version of the battle.

Unless I misread what you suggested

Players do not play the game in real time in a replay. The replay is like a recorded version of the battle.

Unless I misread what you suggested

exactly, you can leave a comment on the replay, like on a youtube video

you leave a comment on a specific turn such as

did he mean to click earthquake here, and maybe someone could come along and answer it

as an addition to this system, maybe the people who battled in it could recieve notifications if they get comments on their replays, and it could work similar to how this forum works

1) Implement the /hidereplay command from Smogtours into the main server. Idm ppl watching but I usually try to hide the room at the end. The /hidereplay command would be useful QOL for myself and others who don't want to rush to hide a room near the end of a game or exclude others from watching..

2) If a player has a room hidden or modjoined then the opposing player shouldn't be able to undo that. It's pretty bogus that it requires both players to have /hideroom on at the same time to force a battle to remain hidden.

3) add a toggleable perm /ionext command or a tick-down option from the settings panel.

4) add a player modchat level for main with identical stipulations as suggestion 2 up above.

Last edited:
Hello, I guess this would be categorized as a complaint, but I consider it a suggestion. I've been playing monotype randoms, and I enjoy it immensely but it's frustrating when half the games are one sided due to one of the typings being very strong or weak against the other monotype. Usually at least one or two of the mons on the disadvantged teams will have tools or a secondary typing that helps, but it is still too overwhelming to overcome that typing mismatch. I realize it's not supposed to be a competitive metagame and that rng is a big part of randoms inherently, but I suggest implementing a rule so that at least the two monotypes assigned initially are neutral to each other. Ofc, everything else would be randomized and would make games much more interactive.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Still waiting on that friendslist option innit. Why am i even paying zarel for this garbage site
Its planned, it needs the client react rewrite to be done first, and thats a long term project thats current a WIP. Also PS is free, your not paying anyone for it so please be nice.

Reactions: BP
Let /ds include phrases like "/ds fire, atk > spa". Allowing stat comparison when you want to quickly look for physically biased pokemon of a certain type/tier this would be really useful.

I like the idea, but not as an actual modnoted thing since that would clog up everything real fast if every punishment was doubled in the modlog. A better solution would be like an alternative command, like /roomstatus, that shows all muted, banned, and blacklisted users from said room and how much time was left on each, could even be its own tab like modlog is.
This is done by me w/ help from bumba. The command name is: /sp or /showpunishments.
(If anyone has any suggestions for improvement lmk)

Can we give people more time to reconnect? I feel like 60 seconds gives too little breathing room to the player who disconnects, especially considering how the message "you have been disconnected" often only shows up after many seconds already passed, so it happens that your timer is getting dangerously near to zero and you haven't even realized you are offline.
A possibility would be to reward players who click fast and don't let their timer get low more time to reconnect.

Btw, certain moves are marked as Fairy-type even in generations in which they were Normal-type.

Can we please get rid of the Sand Attack/Mean Look/Baton Pass/Rest set for Umbreon in Gen 2 Random Battles. Evasion moves are banned already and since you can't prepare for that set it completely breaks most matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)