Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
If it's possible (it probably isn't) to add Free for All's to Showdown, I think that it should be done.

I think that FFA's would be successful on Showdown because using Multi Battles as a platform for FFA's has been popular on Twitch for quite a while now, showing us that there's already a playerbase out there. FFA's on Showdown also wouldn't have the problem of one "side" being able to win together, to be unable to target certain players with certain moves, etc. Random Battle FFA is also something that could give Showdown FFA's more unique appeal.

I know that Showdown is primarily geared towards competitive play, but like Random Battle, FFA has a healthy casual appeal and can be a lot of damn fun.

Thanks for reading! =)
considering we don't have Multi Battles yet either, no.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
considering we don't have Multi Battles yet either, no.
It's already 'confirmed' that Multi battles won't be implemented on PS! either. It would be too hard to code, so it's agreed on to not make it a thing. And I don't know what FFA is, but apparently it's comparable to Multi battles, so I don't see it happening.

We might have multi battles in the future, but it's just not high priority. Because of server limitations and it being annoying to implement, it probably won't be around very soon.

It's already 'confirmed' that Multi battles won't be implemented on PS! either. It would be too hard to code, so it's agreed on to not make it a thing. And I don't know what FFA is, but apparently it's comparable to Multi battles, so I don't see it happening.
FFA is just multi battles where everyone plays as if it were not a team game. It's a house rules way to play that got popular in Twitch viewer battle channels. It's quite fun if you get the chance to try it with friends.

But yeah, I figured that it would be difficult if not impossible to implement, but I think it's still best to leave the feedback here since it would be such a good addition to Showdown in the future.

/ds recovery, [tier]

but /ds priority should be added too tbhimo
I've considered adding this in the past but have encountered the problem of being unsure what "priority" should actually mean. For example, almost all Pokemon get protect, which is a priory move thus making returning all priority useless. So the next thought might be to exclude defensive priority, because that's usually not what people are looking for. You also get things like fake-out and feint, which may or may not be a valid priority move for what the user wants and need to consider if those should be included. As soon as arbitrary bias for the moves is in play it make the syntax of what it's searching confusing, so I have been trying to denote what is being searched.

I feel like not enough people know about this, not to mention that it would just be much easier while teambuilding to simply look for it. Considering how few recovery moves there are, (i think) this would be easily implemented and make teambuilding more efficient esp. for new users
I'm not entirely knowledgeable in the teambuilder code, but from what I understand it searches through moves by simply matching the text. I'm not sure how large the exception would have to be to make it work the way you are saying. Either way if you know the mon get's a recovery move through /dexsearch then it should be fairly easy to find it in the teambuilder because there are only 10 of them and 5 of the recovery moves are super uncommon. Further, using the teambuilder as a way to "browse" what moves a Pokemon gets might not actually be beneficial to the player. Part of teambuilding is planning out what a team actually needs and just putting on recovery moves for the sake of it might end up hindering the player.

On a related note, I was considering adding a general OR argument to /dexsearch
for exmample: /ds u-turn | volt switch, switcheroo | trick
would return Pokemon that learned either u-turn of volt switch and either trick of switcheroo.

Pros:
  • Allows for many individual searches to be run simultaneously
  • result box more clear than two or more separate searches
  • spams chat less than multiple searches when broadcasts
  • could potentially be used to search very vague conditions which would be unreasonable to search with many individual searches.
Cons:
  • server lag - While I'm confident I could add this without slowing down regular dexsearchs, searches with these OR gates could prove to be resource intensive as they might ask the server to check the pokedex many times instead of being able to exclude pokemon on the first pass.
  • unclear syntax - not gates already confuse people, adding more symbols will only make broadcasted commands harder for people to understand.
  • conjunction with not gates - how would it the OR operator work with the NOT operator? Something like /ds !fire type | flying type could either mean "can't be a fire type unless it's also a flying type" or "can't be a fire or a flying type unless it's both fire/flying." This is obviously very ambiguous and confusing and perhaps not gates should just be made to not work with OR gates.
  • usage - This would be a pretty big change to the structure of dexsearch to make it work, if people never used this functionality it would not be worth the add.

Either way, I could see this being a way to make /dexsearch even more powerful but I want to hear from others as to how useful they think it would actually be.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I was wondering whether it would be possible to add reasoning for disqualifying from a tournament, ie. like the warning / muting / roombanning system. I ask this because whenever I have to disqualify someone 90% of the time I get an angry post in the chat asking "OMG why was I dq'd" and I feel this would just make things easier from that side of things.

Also thanks for all the great work you guys do, PS has really come on since I started playing in the summer of 2 years ago. =]

/away or /idle blocks both PM and challs.

it'd be great to have a command only to block chall instead of doing /away and then /unblockpm.

Main reason is the sadness when you forget to /unblockpm before leaving.

I was wondering whether it would be possible to add reasoning for disqualifying from a tournament, ie. like the warning / muting / roombanning system. I ask this because whenever I have to disqualify someone 90% of the time I get an angry post in the chat asking "OMG why was I dq'd" and I feel this would just make things easier from that side of things.

Also thanks for all the great work you guys do, PS has really come on since I started playing in the summer of 2 years ago. =]
It isn't very hard to implement – though I dunno if they want it or not. So... I won't send a pull req of this XD

I have a lot of teams on my account so maybe it could be cool to be able to store them in files or something like that so is easier to look for them.
So for example when i enter in teambuilding appear 2 files one called OU where all my OU teams are inside and other call Ubers. The ability to create this files and move teams from ones to other would make team organization easier.

Or at least a way to move them in the list to organize them so i can have all my OU teams together at the top and maybe LC at the bottom etc...

I have a lot of teams on my account so maybe it could be cool to be able to store them in files or something like that so is easier to look for them.
So for example when i enter in teambuilding appear 2 files one called OU where all my OU teams are inside and other call Ubers. The ability to create this files and move teams from ones to other would make team organization easier.

Or at least a way to move them in the list to organize them so i can have all my OU teams together at the top and maybe LC at the bottom etc...
While folders have been suggested a lot they don't seem to be very high priority to add. You can, however, re-order your teams with text using the "backup/restore teams" button at the bottom of the team builder. It's not the best solution, but it does make it possible to re-order them.

I'd like to see if /join [room] is able to join the room but add it to the right of the existing room you're in. For example, if you're in Lobby | Other Metas, doing /join NU would be Lobby | NU | OM if you're in Lobby at the time of doing /join. Doing it in OM room would be Lobby | OM | NU. It's just an organizational thing, and really isn't urgent, but it'd a nice touch!

I'd like to see if /join [room] is able to join the room but add it to the right of the existing room you're in. For example, if you're in Lobby | Other Metas, doing /join NU would be Lobby | NU | OM if you're in Lobby at the time of doing /join. Doing it in OM room would be Lobby | OM | NU. It's just an organizational thing, and really isn't urgent, but it'd a nice touch!
And on the topic of organization, what about adding something that allows for sorting rooms, including battles?

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
1. Add the mega evolution over world sprites

2. Update the team builder to fit in with the generation (Ex: Gen 5 OU will have the team builder showing all ou pokemon at that time and only moves the pokemon can get at that generation etc..)

3. Add more ladderable OM's to make more interesting

I had an idea for an alternate random battle format

Rather than getting 6 pre-built pokemon, it would have you build a team of 6 randomly selected pokemon before searching for a fight.

I had an idea for an alternate random battle format

Rather than getting 6 pre-built pokemon, it would have you build a team of 6 randomly selected pokemon before searching for a fight.
That is a horrible idea. The point of random battle to instantly battle without the having to teambuild. If you want to teambuild, just play OU...

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
better yet, an option to arrange room tabs. If I mess up my room order I usually have to exit them all and then re-join them again .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)