ORAS Doubles OU Sun is SHINING! VGC/Double hybrid team

Hi everyone. In this time I bring to you my team. Since the VGC 2015 format has released, I was trying to build a good team for the official tournaments, but for some reasons (School/job) I ran out of time for breed and spend my life in the Daycare. So, I prefer to rank here on Showdown. First I was battling at VGC2015-BattleSpotDoubles, but I got bored and when I tried at the SmogonDoubles I discovered the potential on this tier, I'm actually top 30 with 83% GXE. Now Here's the team:

11th Dimension (Cresselia)
@ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 HP / 200 Def / 16 SpA / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Sunny Day
The name is for the song ''11th Dimension - Julian Casablancas''. Why sunny day? When the opponent have a climate team, all of his team is based on that. Like Politoed/Ludicolo/M-Swampert/Kingdra or Tyranitar/Excadrill. So, if the opposing team lose their boost, get a little useless, then I can choose if I want to f*ck a drizzlie or get some extra power for Heatran whitout depending for an ability. With the EV spread it survives: Bisharp Admt 252 atk life orb knock Off, Hydreigon Modest 252 sp atk life orb Dark pulse. Mental Herb let me put a 100% safe TR and a free turn if my opponent goes for Encore. Ice Beam give me a coverage from Salamence, Garchomp, Landorus Therian or not. Psychic is a good STAB move with a little chance to low the SP DEF of any pokemon.

FuckForever (Scrafty)
@ Assault Vest
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Super Fang
''Fuck Forever - Babyshambles''. This little annoying thing is my ace. With my powerful steel types behind him, Scrafty has nothing to fear to the Fairy types. With the fake out and Super fang support, it gives to me a lot of chances to defeat stall pokemon, like Calm mind suicune. If Scrafty get burn, it can still lowering a lot of Hit Points with that fang. The EV spread and the Item gives me a lot of bulky, it survives a -1 Brave Bird, and like 3 OHKO from M-Kang Double Edge. I chose Moxie instead Intimidate because everyone is using Defiant Bisharp and Competitive Milotic.

IzeOfTheWorld (Thundurus) (M)
@ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 136 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Protect/Taunt
''Ize Of The World - The Strokes''. Not much to say. HP ice is for Dragons and Landorus. T-wave = Useless tailwind (Only if i'm not planning to use TR). Taunt for the stupid Gimmick like Smeargle dark void, Gengar Perish, etc. But Protect works better sometimes.

EnglishRose (Metagross)
@ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 180 HP / 244 Atk / 56 Def / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch/Meteor Smash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake/Substitude
- Protect
''Last of English Roses - Pete Doherty'' The Bulk, The Power, The Thug Life. That represents M-Metagross. This monster can destroy almost everything, with the Clear Body you have nothing to fear (Literally). Some people think that M-Metagross would work better with the Jolly 252 spe, but you'll lose a lot of bulk. With the first set you can Outspeed a sucker punch from Bisharp with TR non mega with Bullet Punch, and when you mega evolve, you can outspeed the same sucker punch. Also if you T-Wave a kang, you going to outspeed their SP too. With the second you lose the coverage from Heatran, but you can avoid a Sucker Punch if you predict it and put a substitude, then you avoid the WOW and T-Wave too.

Scared (Landorus-Therian)
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn
I love this song ''Scared - Albert Hammond Jr''. Pretty Standard Landorus. Everybody prefers knock off instead Superpower, but with SP you can OHKO a 0 ev HP Jolly Kang, 0 ev Hp Hydreigon and a life orb Greninja. Also you can hit a Ballon Heatran or Ferrothorn. Not much to say I guess...

PistolsAtDown (Heatran)
@ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 20 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam/substitude
- Earth Power
- Protect
''Pistols at down - the Lurios'' The 20 iv speed let the Cresselia moves first on TR. Then I can set the sun and hit everything. Solarbeam works better than Sub 'cause you can surprise a Drizzlie user, or hit Rotom-W and Suicune. It works for Tyranitar too lol. The Flash fire is another ace of the team, you can deal with talonflame, charizard Y, another heatran etc. Shuca Berry is the key for survive when your opponent has things like HP ground, if you don't predict some Ground move, the berry will let you stay and hit, it works A LOT for me.

Please be shure for left your opinion! I don't talk english, so... I hope that you can understandme. If you want to contact me for a match or questions here is my nick on Showdown (Babyshamble) and my Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Christenairton

FINAL TEAM:
11th Dimension (Cresselia) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 200 Def / 16 SpA / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Sunny Day

FuckForever (Scrafty) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Super Fang

IzeOfTheWorld (Thundurus) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 136 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

EnglishRose (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 180 HP / 244 Atk / 56 Def / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Protect

Scared (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

PistolsAtDown (Heatran) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 20 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Last edited:

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
I think some of your "standard" sets are vgc standard, not smogdubs standard. For example, your lando t gets outsped by threats like shaymin sky which don't exist in vgc and a whole suite of things under twind. Also, the extra 4 evs in defense and spdef don't mean anything in smogdubs, because all evs are worth 1 point at level 100. 212 neutral speed lando passes mega manectric, but most people run 252 spe to tie oppposing lando.

For cresselia, I'd recommend expert belt>mental herb, because you already have fake out and the fastest taunt in the meta, while expert belt gets you relevant ohkos on lando t and friends.

On scrafty, I'd say run knock off>crunch, as it gives you a higher initial base power while also removing important scarves and sitrus berries.

On thundurus, I'd suggest converting all your spdef to spatk to have more offensive presence. The spdef is basically leftovers from other benchmarks, while a high spatk nabs important ohkos on lando and talonflame and 2hkos on things like tran and bisharp.

I think some of your "standard" sets are vgc standard, not smogdubs standard. For example, your lando t gets outsped by threats like shaymin sky which don't exist in vgc and a whole suite of things under twind. Also, the extra 4 evs in defense and spdef don't mean anything in smogdubs, because all evs are worth 1 point at level 100. 212 neutral speed lando passes mega manectric, but most people run 252 spe to tie oppposing lando.

For cresselia, I'd recommend expert belt>mental herb, because you already have fake out and the fastest taunt in the meta, while expert belt gets you relevant ohkos on lando t and friends.

On scrafty, I'd say run knock off>crunch, as it gives you a higher initial base power while also removing important scarves and sitrus berries.

On thundurus, I'd suggest converting all your spdef to spatk to have more offensive presence. The spdef is basically leftovers from other benchmarks, while a high spatk nabs important ohkos on lando and talonflame and 2hkos on things like tran and bisharp.
Thanks but, remember that is an Hybrid team. I can't put knock off on. :( But I'll try it. By the way, rember that T-Wave support can help me against tailwind, so my landorus can work better, and I don't want to get an outspeed con trick room against another Lando.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)