Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for still talking about starfox...but my biggest wish is that they give their final smashes some changes. All three having landmasters (albeit with differences) is just a bit annoying. Each one of them is completely broken, too, basically equaling "you win" in every match you get it. I don't play with items most of the time, but when I'm playing more casual with a group of friends that don't care as much and just want to have a good time, the space animals' finals are just on a whole different level than the rest of people. For one, I wish wolf could have a Captain Falcon-style final smash involving his wolfeen.

On the topic of music, am I the only one hoping that Sonic gets some new songs
No, I made an entire post about this yesterday.

I'm really hoping for better Sonic music.

Death Egg

Robotnik Theme (classic)

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Lava Reef Zone (act 1)

Chemical Plant Zone

Rusty Ruins Zone (act 1, Genesis version)

Mystic Mansion

City Escape

I'm honestly surprised that half of these weren't already in there.
@Mr. E; I'd put in Nightmare, I'd definitely like to see him in there and I don't even know who else would fit.

does wolf even have a landmaster? i mean i've heard he doesn't so it doesn't even make sense

and come on falco you definitely prefer the air. get in a fighter and start blasting people either similarly to the landmaster or a la snake i mean come on ;n;

but as for "on a whole different level of the rest of the fighters" are we forgetting super sonic

Sorry for still talking about starfox...but my biggest wish is that they give their final smashes some changes. All three having landmasters (albeit with differences) is just a bit annoying. Each one of them is completely broken, too, basically equaling "you win" in every match you get it. I don't play with items most of the time, but when I'm playing more casual with a group of friends that don't care as much and just want to have a good time, the space animals' finals are just on a whole different level than the rest of people. For one, I wish wolf could have a Captain Falcon-style final smash involving his wolfeen.
I always wanted Falco's to be pretty much Snakes, but on an Arwing shooting out either Smart Bombs or Lasers.

Would have fit him much better, granted it would be broken as fuck, but then again, items.

EDIT:WHAT THE FUCK SHIRUBA HOW DID YOU NINJA ME I DIDNT SEE YOUR POST

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@smashes

So, I wasn't the only one that fantasized falco jumping into an arwing and blasting people with lasers? Good

I always found super sonic ridiculously easy to dodge, just keep rolling back and fourth and wait for them to lose control.

Brawl soundtrack is the best ever but does it count when 90% of it isn't original music? >:o

Influence doesn't matter if you don't have the character pool to draw from. Who else do you even add from the Kirby franchise than the three already in? Nightmare? Random misbosses like Poppy Bros. Sr. or Bugzzy? Maybe you could make the argument for Daroach but nobody knows who the fuck that is anyway, not that that's stopped Sakurai before. DK franchise is slightly better off, since Dixie/Funky have some exposure to justify either as 4th-5th characters. (K. Rool is the obvious third.)
Prince Fluff from Epic Yarn sounds like the most plausible choice for a 4th Kirby character. He could support some VERY fun mechanics, he comes from a relatively recent and iconic game (artstyle OP), and he was actually meant to be the main character of Epic Yarn before Nintendo made Kirby the main protagonist as a publicity-insurance policy. Yarn Yoshi hints we might be getting a "yarn mechanics" series, and something tells me Kirby would be a lot more plausible to get a fourth character than Yoshi to outright get a second one.

Dixie>>>Funky and K. Rool for one reason alone: she's playable in DKC: Tropical Freeze and they aren't.

It would be interesting to see what we get from the Zeldaverse. Lord Ghirahim would be cool. I could see Toon Link returning thanks to Wind Waker HD, but the same could hold of Young Link thanks to OOT 3D (and the possibility of advertising a 2014 Majora's Mask 3D).

One thing I'd find rather interesting would be if Sonic got his own set of "Pokeball" items in the form of the Wisps from Colors/Generations/Lost World. Cube would be funny if it stunned enemies; Frenzy would be outright hilarious in ANY scenario. Seeing that Sonic Lost World and Sonic Colors are both Nintendo-exclusive (and the only non-Nintendo appearance of the Wisps was in Generations), I find that actually somewhat plausible.

Dude, I've been noticing the boxing ring forever. I fucking love it, even if there's no Little Mac (although there better fucking be Little Mac) I will play on that stage so much it will get sore and I will have to have a very embarrassing visit to the doctor because it is SO COOL.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
That's certainly possible. However, when you think of Punch Out do you think "this would be an awesome idea for a stage?". Of the three new Brawl stages not associated with playable characters, two were highly gimmicky, and while competitively simple Smashville had a lot going on in the background.

Prince Fluff from Epic Yarn sounds like the most plausible choice for a 4th Kirby character. He could support some VERY fun mechanics, he comes from a relatively recent and iconic game (artstyle OP), and he was actually meant to be the main character of Epic Yarn before Nintendo made Kirby the main protagonist as a publicity-insurance policy.
That would be cool, but I think Bandanna Waddle-Dee is a more likely fourth Kirby character. Although he's not that exciting of a choice, with him, they have all four playable characters from the recent Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

I also thought about maybe them including Galacta Knight, probably as a Luigified version of Meta Knight. At the very least, MK could have an alt skin that makes him look like Galacta.

EDIT: Why does everyone assume the ring is a Punch-Out! stage? Although I haven't examined the trailer like a super vigilant smash nerd, I don't see anything in the level that hints at it hailing from PO. I just see "Smash Bros." on the LED things on the sides, as well as a big Smash logo in the ring. I think it's just a generic, flat "Smash Bros.-exclusive" stage like Battlefield or something.

Right now it's looking like a smaller FD, assuming there are no walk-offs it should be neutral. But seriously look at that stage it is so awesome.

Prince Fluff from Epic Yarn sounds like the most plausible choice for a 4th Kirby character.
The problem is that he can't kill anyone, they just lose buttons.

Kirby doesn't need another rep, to be honest. The essential 3 characters are there already, assuming both Dedede and MK come back.

Also if there isn't a Little Mac in that ring somewhere when I see more Smash gameplay I'm gonna be pissed.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
More stage talk; we've seen some hints that Namco is taking the series in a more competitively friendly direction. So look at Dr. Wily's Castle. At first I thought it was really odd that the stage basically just amounted to an image in the background. They could have made a Megaman stage far more gimmicky, imagine spikes and disappearing blocks. On the contrary, the first new stage we've gotten a good look at also looks very competitively sound. It's mostly just one central platform, with moving platforms to inhibit camping. Do you think this is a coincidence, or is it gonna be a trend as we see more stages?

well they did say they'd try to balance between competitive and casual, so i'm betting less gimmicky stages will be used overall than what was in brawl.

I can see they're trying, but most of those stages still have walk-offs, caves of life (enclosed areas where you can just DI and tech off of something), or something else. At first glance, I'd say the only competitively good ones are Battlefield, Arena Ferox, and Skyloft, also 3D Land if you can turn off stage hazards as well as Boxing Ring if there aren't walk-offs.

Right now it's looking like a smaller FD, assuming there are no walk-offs it should be neutral. But seriously look at that stage it is so awesome.
I think the stage is really awesome so far, yes, but it looks like there might be a little more to the stage, possibly a walk off area. Check out the trailer at ~1:31 and you'll notice some additional areas beyond the ring. Mario is making his traditional long jump animation in the trailer indicating those portions can be walked on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)