Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Ike is really popular amongst the Western Fire Emblem fanbase. That's the main reason why Ike was in Brawl, apparently Intelligent Systems pointed this out to Sakurai and recommended him as a playable character. In terms of Fire Emblem characters, Marth / Ike / Chrom would be ideal for me. I do like Lucina more than Chrom, but she shares more visual similarities to Marth than Chrom does, and that's not good in a game like Smash. That being said, I'm all for Lucina as a Marth skin.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So it struck me yesterday that Lucario in Smash 4 is probably not that farfetched anymore. Neither is bringing back Mewtwo. It's almost like they made megas with Smash in mind, as two of the big XY posterboys are former smash characters, and there isn't really any new Pokemon to replace them.

Ike is japan's least favorite FE lord iirc (something about not appreciating a real man), so his chances are iffy if the smash team cares at all what fans think (hint: they don't). They'll likely add a new FE character, with Chrom/lucina being the clear top choices. I think it would be weird to balance a lance using character though considering the only way to differentiate a lance from a sword would be to give it really good range.
I don't mean Ike in particular, I mean his play style. Chrom doesn't really seem like he could fill it, but I think you could definitely do a character with a lance. Longer range than a sword character with more stabs opposed to swipes, lots of recovery.

Basically I just want cool play styles.

And only one of them was ever good.

Also, it's worth mentioning that this is the first mention of assist trophies. Although, it's not like anyone was doubting they'd come back.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If the upcoming daily picture is really lame we can expect something good in the Nintendo Direct happening at 9 EST.

Has anyone considered the viability of Rosalina as Peach clone? I think she would be very interesting as Peach is always high tier, Rosalina could open up an interesting new playstyle. She's been in 3D World and many of the Mario Spin-offs, she can also borrow a ton from the Galaxy games.

Neutral B: Holds out Luma to absorb damage, similar to Toad shield but could have a vertical knockback or spin the opponent.
Side B: Could be the same kind of hip bomb, or perhaps a spin
Down B: Could materialize a star bit with her wand, and throw it like the turnips, different colours having different effects.
Up B: Just a Spin Jump or using one of the transport stars from Mario Galaxy to fly higher.
Float: More maneuverability like she is in space, would make sense.

She could use her wand for some A moves like side smash and jab, which would add some fun spacing to her, and her design is distinct enough from Peach and Zelda where it would work well.

I did not expect that, although Layell seems to have known exactly what was going to happen. This is cool, but now there are five Mario reps while every other universe has two at most.

Alright Layell time to predict that Meta Knight isn't in the game
Why? MK can be balanced, at least three mods have already done it. If there's a character that needs to be removed, it's Ice Climbers. They've been in two games with the exact same problem.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Why? MK can be balanced, at least three mods have already done it.
Mostly for PTSD reasons. I, for one, welcome that prediction with open arms. *shudder*

Also, not too surprised with the Rosalina reveal, but really intrigued by that moveset. I'm curious as to how Luma works. Looks like a mix between Olimar's Pikmin (individual HP, can be manipulated to work as attacks for Rosalina) and Nana (can be operated separately from Rosalina, can attack on its own but controlled with Rosalina at the same time). Lots of questions remain though. How long does Luma last? It's obviously some sort of summon. Is it time-based? Luma's health-based? How often can it be summoned per life/stock? It's pretty open-ended, much like Villager.

Also, what's with the different colors? Are they stances? Do they affect moves or damage output? Really interesting.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Listen the next big update is obviously going to be Zelda when ALBW is released in Japan on December 26th.

Aside from that we all know Cranky Kong is the newest DK character in tropical freeze.

Cyrrona

starlet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I'm feeling some serious cosmic love for this one. (Crossing my fingers for a Rainbow Road stage as well...!)

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Listen the next big update is obviously going to be Zelda when ALBW is released in Japan on December 26th.

Aside from that we all know Cranky Kong is the newest DK character in tropical freeze.
Adding onto this, Sonic Team has been a secondary Nintendo Developer since Lost Worlds came out, which doesn't sound like it helps his chances of getting a side character until you realize that's the same tier gamefreak is in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)