Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hypnosis
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot/Taunt/additional Coverage

This is a more reliable variant of the Z-Hypnosis set, that goes more into the wallbreaking terrain. Focus Blast is the coverage, because hitting focus blast more often is cool and sludge bomb is overrated. The last sllt would be np most of the time, because you want to acually abuse the switches sleep forces.

Iron Crown @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psychic Noise
- Tachyon Cutter

When I first looked at the new dlc2 mons I thought that this could be the primary iron crown set, but the meta is a bit too offensiv rn. It can still be used to catch certain stall/fat spammers off guard. I the EVs could be changed to be faster, but I think you need the phys def for the sub. +1 Tachyon Cutter can often knock out common speedcontrols on fat or bring them into hazard range. Psychic Noise in combination with tera water lets beat steels like tran

Kartana @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

This mon under webs is too good (also without webs) , Clear amulet helps with intimidate from Lando and other mons, also helps with opposing webs. Tera dark imo is the best tera for kart tera dark Knock after sd is crazy damage

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Kartana @ Clear Amulet
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

This mon under webs is too good (also without webs) , Clear amulet helps with intimidate from Lando and other mons, also helps with opposing webs. Tera dark imo is the best tera for kart tera dark Knock after sd is crazy damage
On the same vein, adem farmed me last gen with adrenaline orb kartana giving it a speed boost if intimidated. Not the same item but you punish the same thing

Oculars

REVERSE SHAMONE
is a Tiering Contributor
On the same vein, adem farmed me last gen with adrenaline orb kartana giving it a speed boost if intimidated. Not the same item but you punish the same thing
adrenaline orb I used a load of that last gen basically gives u DD into lando switchin when you bluff scarf

Oculars

REVERSE SHAMONE
is a Tiering Contributor
Shamoneamola (Alomomola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 99
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Flip Turn
- Knock Off
- Mirror Coat

:sv/alomomola:

HP is so high that when something inevitably volt switches on you it does like half and whatever comes in gets ohko'd by mirror coat, this mon is suprisingly good even without wish passing

252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. Lvl 99 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Alomomola in Electric Terrain: 236-282 (50.6 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. Lvl 99 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Alomomola in Psychic Terrain: 220-261 (47.2 - 56%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO
you also get suprise kills on stuff like specs/scarf lele
252+ SpA Raging Bolt Thunderbolt vs. Lvl 99 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Alomomola: 258-306 (55.3 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Generally just ohko's back most special attackers who would never guess av and can easily swing games while also offering good utility between knock flip turn and scald.

about15guys

enchanted love
is a Pre-Contributor
X7124 (Sigilyph) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave
- Roost

This set is super stupid, and oftentimes cheeses games super hard. Magic guard is already a great ability, but sigilyph is able to foil the most common answer to stored power sets, clodsire. Since you're just inehrently totally immune to its entire kit you can switch in for free and start setting up. I was originally using leftovers until Oculars recommended I try out weakness policy. After a few games with it, I can confidently say its a super unexpected option. I'm using sigilyph over clef for a few reasons, but mainly for its higher base spa stat and natural immunity to ground giving it more chances to come in. It also gets much better matchups vs common special walls like glowking since its not inherently weak to poison and resists future sight

5631b735082e922a4cf32d4cc9cc8aee.jpghttps://pokepast.es/35b6dcc6ef0995ac

Infernape @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Fire /Fighting/ Ground/ Electric/ Ice
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Aura Sphere/ Focus Miss Blast
- Vacuum Wave/ Grass Knot/ Scorching Sands / Knock Off
- Scorching Sands/ Hidden Power Ice/ Switcheroo/ Grass Knot/ U-turn

Well I decided to make a lil homage to my previous ace in Gen 8 nd. For those who dont know, im a HUGE Infernape Fan. Is ape good in ND OU? No, but fun for sure. Fire Blast along Specs can be quite devastating to withstand, and Aura Sphere is a more consistent Fighting type move to use (finally, no more rellying on Focus Miss). Vacuum Wave can be a solid choice to pick weakened opponent's off, Grass Knot can be used to hit Dondozo much harder, Scorching Sands is a pretty solid new addition that can hit mons like Gouging Fire, Skeledirge, Toxapex, Glowking and Raging Bolt, while being able to potentially leave a burn. Hp Ice is great to hit mons like Garchomp, Lando T, and Gliscor. Knock Off can be solid for item removal, giving it some nice utility, and U-turn can be used for pivoting alongside other voltturn users like Washtom, Mega Scizor or Raging Bolt. Switcheroo is a great option for crippling walls like Dondozo, Chansey, Blissey, and Toxapex. Finally Tera Blast can be used to give ape some coverage options like Tera Eletric or Tera Ice Tera Blast. Tera types can vary on the set, i pointed the ones that could be used above.

Attachments

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sv/blacephalon::choice-band:
Blacephalon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Claw
- Knock Off
- Trick

everyone runs choice specs or choice scarf, but stuff like :iron-crown: or :slowking-galar: gets surprised by shadow claw or knock off coming from a banded blace

Landorus-Therian @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Substitute/Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

This is a set I cooked up fairly recently, and while I feel it definitely would be cool to build I just haven’t had the time for it.
The idea is that you bait the Lando-T switch in and get a free sub off it into SD. The +1 to speed from Adrenaline Orb lets you reap all the benefits of scarf Lando without the risk of being locked into an eq on an immunity. Even if they don’t have a Lando, SD Lando is still by itself a very potent mon.
Smack Down lets you hit notable mons like Skarmory, Corviknight, Torn-T, Rotom-W, Zapdos, and even mons like Cresselia and Lati@s.
Tera Water lets you net a KO on mons that would otherwise be a threat to it like Urshifu-RS or Greninja, while also giving the middle finger to mons like Alomomola, Gliscor, Defensive Lando, and Toxapex. Taunt could be ran over sub so that you can brute force through Dondozo (in conjunction with Tera Water) but I would only run it over sub if you really struggle with Dondozo.

Munkidori @ Mind Plate/Fightium Z
Ability: Toxic Chain
Tera Type: Psychic/Dark/Fighting
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- U-turn
- Psychic Noise
- Focus Blast/Protect/Substitute

This is a random set I thought of recently. Toxic Chain is an insane ability and I've always thought Munkidori might be kind of overlooked. It has functional speed and SpA and the aforementioned ability, not to mention a decent typing and phenomenal coverage. It might be frail but with the right team support it could be very fun, I haven't tried to build with it yet (I tried building around Munkidori in the past without any success but I think Psychic Noise makes it better) but it's an idea to build around. This Pokemon practically has a U-turn with a 30% chance to toxic. Future Sight with a 30% chance to toxic (Toxic chances only works when Future Sight takes place while Munkidori is in battle sadly). Psychic Noise with a 30% chance to toxic (which can snowball with Future Sight damage if you can stay alive) Focus Blast for Steels or alternatively to fish toxic damage or to try to keep Munki healthy and in match for the Future Sight + Toxic Chain activation to work you could use Substitute (which you may want to pair with WishPass) or Protect. Substitute is also useful as protection against Pursuit if you decide to run Tera Psychic instead of Tera Dark. Speaking of Tera Psychic, Tera Psychic boosted Future Sights and Psychic Noise are extremely powerful and become even more so with Mind Plate. Pair with a slow pivot and on paper it seems like fun.

Last edited:

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
:sv/regidrago:
Regidrago @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dragon's Maw
Tera Type: Steel
Timid Nature
- Dragon Energy
- Earth Power
- Tera Blast
- Draco Meteor

my boy DRAGO on his way to OHKO anything slower than him
main draw to using this set is that it can lure and kill p much any fairy in the tier, there isnt a single mon that can reasonably tank a full hp neutral dragon energy which tempts the opposition to switch into lele and then :tera steel: :tera blast: moment
epow can catch some steels like tran crown but aside from tran idt OHKOes any
also once u kill the fairy u can trade easily by tanking damage and yeeting meteor
vs stuff that have protect to scout like mola and sometimes glisc, u just click energy on the tect turn then go to fairy counter
im telling you this thing is just +1 bolt dragonium but on every single draco meteor (tbf bolt is still better than this thing as a whole)

Oculars

REVERSE SHAMONE
is a Tiering Contributor
:sv/pecharunt:

Pecharunt @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Poison Puppeteer
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Malignant Chain
- Recover

A more offensively built pech, defensive hex and also pivot sets suck and get blanked by 90% of the steels in the tier so to fix that I made this massive bait set. Your z move can ohko most spdef steels and poisons after a plot. Speed is for gliscor and 231/232 creeps.

+2 252+ SpA Pecharunt Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Heatran: 313-370 (81 - 95.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Pecharunt Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 212 SpD Ferrothorn: 322-381 (91.4 - 108.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Pecharunt Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192 SpD Toxapex: 282-333 (92.7 - 109.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Pecharunt Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 402-474 (102 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Pecharunt Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240 SpD Assault Vest Iron Crown: 444-524 (115.9 - 136.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Pecharunt Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor-Mega: 316-373 (92.1 - 108.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Anything that isnt these guys doesnt want to switch in to malignant chain. Do with this what you will.

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall / Crunch
- Earthquake

this set almost 1v1s every sp atker in the tier, Stone Edge for Zard Y etc And Earthquake for koko etc + waterfall or Crunch for stab, twave to allow slower mons to outspeed, if you don't need twave you can run toxic, also have a wish passer to keep gyara healthy

calcs:

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gyarados-Mega in Electric Terrain: 278-330 (70.5 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Koko: 240-284 (85.4 - 101%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gyarados-Mega: 182-216 (46.1 - 54.8%) -- 62.1% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 520-612 (175 - 206%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gyarados-Mega: 186-222 (47.2 - 56.3%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO

+1 252 SpA Quark Drive Iron Moth Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gyarados-Mega: 242-286 (61.4 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 124 Def Iron Moth: 320-378 (106.3 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gyarados-Mega: 204-240 (51.7 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 360-426 (115.7 - 136.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ SpA Iron Crown Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gyarados-Mega: 248-292 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Iron Crown: 254-300 (77.2 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
Tera Type: Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Jungle Healing
- Darkest Lariat
- Power Whip

bulk up goes crazy and you cant get statusd cuz of jungle healing you beat zap and molt ect cuz of tera bulk up jungle healing

RETURN OF THE MONKEY :zarude:

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Boomburst
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast

Hatterene (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
the most real trick room set (make sure you make hatterene mid speed

Last edited:
:sv/enamorus:
Hell's Wind Staff (Enamorus) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Stellar
Timid Nature
- Tera Blast
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Taunt

If you want to use a contrary sweeper on your team but are bored of using:serperior: and tired of losing with :malamar::lurantis::spinda::shuckle:, you can use the less visually appealing but less obnoxious counterpart, :enamorus:.

Enamorus has a greaty movepool variety that can hit most of the tier for good damage compared to her competition. No pokemon in the entire tier can resist this specific moveset, with Moonblast and Earth Power hitting every mon allowed in NDOU for neutral damage that isn't named :Corviknight: or :Skarmory:. Luckily for us, Stellar Type Tera Blast hits those metal birds while doubling as a boosting move to help Enamorus spiral out of the opponents control and hitting any pokemon that dares to Terastilize in your face for super effective damage. Taunt is also a valuable tool to Enamorus that stops any bulky pokemon that you can't reliable OHKO yet from stopping your sweep with a status move. Paired with a team that has decent speed control, with scarfed/booster energy mons like :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: and :Iron Valiant: or mons that utilize priority moves like :Rillaboom: and :Scizor-Mega:, Enamorus is a lethal weapon that'll completely blow your opponent's team away.

Oculars

REVERSE SHAMONE
is a Tiering Contributor
:sv/zamazenta:

Zamazenta @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Howl
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Substitute

As anyone whos played OM's knows, fast electric fighting types are extremely dangerous with setup, this set here was built with the intention of abusing some very common zama checks and to set up howl. Once you reveal cc people will be tempted to switch in mons like gliscor, pdef lando and alomomola. All of which get subbed on with tera flying and allow you to set up multiple howls.

Darkrai @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Bad Dreams
Tera Type: Poison/fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam/tbolt/sludge bomb
- Taunt

This Darkrai set is much more defensive. Here we take advantage of our excellent speed and access to will o wisp/ thunder wave to cancel opposing set up.

Knock off allows you to remove Boots or Leftovers from opposing defensive Pokémon. Combined with a hazard setter , Darkrai can easily take the advantage to let one of his teammates clean the game.

Dark pulse is not necessary. We will prefer to play Ice beam or sludge bomb in order to hit Serperior/ground. The choice of attack is made according to the needs of the team. Sludge bomb allows you to hit iron valiant and fairy mon (Tapu) . This Darkrai set is made to be played in Bulky Offenses and balanced/hazard stack.

https://pokepast.es/06f23a66483bc7fc (bad team I build for exemple it is not optimized at all)

Last edited:
Ting-Lu @ Red Card
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ruination
- Spikes

I've used this set so much recently and it's kind of insane. Want to have spikes on your team but you don't even have a rocker yet you have limited spaces for what you want to do? Ting-Lu has you covered in one pokemon slot. Scratch Leftys for Red Card and surprise your opponent if it tries attacking you as you set up hazards. If you get Taunted Ruination + EQ is no slouch as an offensive combo. Pairing with Wish Pass is highly recommended if you want to keep him healthy.

Ineros

Mirror Mirror, who is staring back at me?
is a Pre-Contributor
Rain Dance / Rest Waterium Z Manaphy (or “Rainaphy”)
:ss/manaphy:

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 244 HP / 200 SpA / 64 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Rain Dance
- Rest
This set is inspired by 2 sets from older gens; the Rain Dance set from Gen 6, and the rest stallbreaker set from Gen 7. This set aims to just demolish bulky, passive teams that can’t do anything to Manaphy resting and Rain dancing over and over along with it setting up tail glows super easily against them. It forces great progress against them, which is what this set aims to do; force progress against bulky structures with support from teammates. It is also quite nice into offense, having z rain dance, which boosts speed. The spread helps outspeed Zamazenta at plus one, outspeed bulky Volc, and 2hko Glowking with +3 no rain surfs. This set is good check into a lot of mons that can be difficult to check on bulky, more passive teams, such as Mola, heatran, and Glisc. That said, it does have its issues. For one, Toxapex is a huge issue for this team, as it can eat even rain +3 surfs, haze, and regen off the damage. There is one out against it though; you can do a rain boosted +3 hydro vortex nuke into it, which it can’t exactly heal off long term. Waterpon being in this meta is also a detriment to this set. Glowking is also able to stop Manaphy’s rain shenanigans as well with chilly reception. Raging Bolt also causes huge problems for this set. While it can’t switch in every time, it threatens mana with thunderclaps. With these issues, how do we fix them? Let me present to you….
Neon - Rain Dance Manaphy Semistall
:skarmory: :ting-lu: :Manaphy: :aegislash: :Tornadus-Therian: :latias-mega:
I feel this team is a good example of what this set could fit on. With a hazard stack core in skarmory and ting lu, along with knock off support from Tornadus, Toxapex and Glowking are suddenly not safe checks to mana anymore. Ting lu helps against roaring moon and raging bolt, both of which mana struggles with. Tera fairy also helps against Ival and kyurem. Spdef Tera fairy aegislash helps with lele, Ival, and kyurem in one slot as well as benefiting from the rain mana uses / the spikes chip from skarm. It’s used over iron crown in this use because of its neat ghost typing, helping it check iron boulder and cb zama better. It also helps against ice punch mmedi. You can also use Air balloon for being funny against tusk and kyurem, although sub with no lefties hurts a lot. Torn is a fogger that helps mana with its spikes weakness; it also provides knock off support to knock boots from things like pex and mola. Mtias helps check yard and waterpon, 2 things that can disrupt mana from doing what it does (unless mana gets the speed boost then it uses yard as setup fodder). Stored power is used to blow past dondozo, another roadblock to manaphy. If you want to hit Dondozo while being a bit more immediately threatening, you could use psychic, although I’m not too sure that’s a good idea.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-2062609544 This replay, mana completely demolishes a balance team consisting of 3 things that should check mana; mola, glowking, and ferro, but not against this set! Tbf the ferro would’ve won if it was pwhip over gyro but hey I count this as a ok win for something so uncommon. Shoutout to RunicPower413 for using my team.

Last edited:

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:sv/volcanion:
Volcanion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Spin
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Trap Toxapex, Alomomola, and Glowking for your breaker on your team that hates them. There's nothing too special about this set so its pretty straight forward, Volcanion is okay in general though and not something unviable since it hits hard and has a decent defensive profile.

Replay of the concept in action against an Alomomola and other stuff and the team used in it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)