Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

The suspect is going to be:

We will give our reasoning for why we are suspecting this when the time comes
I really hope this is the funniest prank of all time

in other news, I did some calcs on survey scores and since the middle of the vote is 3 due to 1 being the lowest score, a supermajority occurs when something scores a 3.4 (60%) is this useful? Maybe

April Fools Day came early huh

anyways if this gets people to stop talking about dropping Ubers (even bad ones) then I'm all for it tbh

please tell me your joking

also, I disagree with the choice to ban sleep moves, because simply, I don't understand the reasoning for it. Someone please explain the reasoning behind banning sleep inducing moves to me
There have multiple pages of discussion in the Views from the Council thread and an entire Policy Review thread where multiple OU Council members, as well as tier leaders of other metas such as UU and Natdex OU have made their views on sleep known. Additionally, the topic of announcing the ban itself justified both a tiering policy side in the post itself, a precedent in gen 5, and no less than eight posts linked to provide more detailed justification.

Imagine this is a massive mislead and they’re actually suspecting Drought or even Weather as a whole. Rain has two abusers who made it in the survey in Archuladon and Barraskweda, it did extremely well in tournaments and is considered very powerful. Drought is very powerful and part of why Chi-Yu was so terrifying as well as enabling past paradox mons to pop off leading to Walking Wake Suspect, and contributing to discussion around Roaring Moon, Gounging Fire, Liligant-H, Raging Bolt, and even Volcarona. Snow was a significant factor in Baxcalibur’s ban and Veil is often considered problematic in the way it enables HO play styles to where Light Clay and A-tales were being discussed for bans…

Sand is just along for the ride

I certainly hope this isn’t it, but would be a funny plot twist and further parallels to Gen 5.

you know what, considering how extensively discussed weather has been this generation, its power level and plethora of good abusers, as well as the two seemingly-unrelated teases from council members (one being a gif of chi-yu fireblasting a torkoal in sun, the other being a reference to a song from frozen), i really think weather is gonna be our mystery suspect at this point. everything points to that.

NP: Let It Go — Idina Menzel
competitive pokemon lingo is so ingrained into my brain i read this as "nasty plot: let it go".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 22)