Project SV UU Item Shop

gulch

formerly Melt Gibson
is a Forum Moderator
SV UU Item Shop
approved by forum mods | hosted by melt gibson | OP adapted from SV UU Research Week

Welcome to the first iteration of UU Item Shop! Items are one of the most important parts of competitive Pokemon, sometimes providing small benefits that pull a set together, and sometimes defining a Pokemon's entire niche within a metagame. However, some items are much more common than others, leading some to be rather underexplored. This project aims to fix that! Each week (Sunday - Sunday), a new item will be posted in this thread, and it's up to you to find a way to make use of it!

At any point during the week before the deadline, you will post your set, alongside a description of what it does and any information you've gained from playing with it. While not required, replays are very strongly encouraged to provide evidence of your findings. The goal of this is to show your thought process in creating the set and to prove that it is effective.

At the end of each week, a vote will be held where people can decide on their favorite set, with the winner being added to the Hall of Fame! Each week will also have a prefix for ladder alts. If you have the highest ELO for the week, you'll also be added to the Hall of Fame!

To sign up, all you have to do is post the alt you're going to use on ladder and your forum name! For example, my signup could look like this:
Melt Gibson
IS01 Melt
RULES:
1. No sample sets! For example, if the item for the week were Sitrus Berry, Belly Drum Azumarill would not be an acceptable set because it already uses that item. The point of this project is to make something new!

2. Be open-minded! Test things! Don't just say something sucks and walk away, give it a shot! If you find that an item is still bad after testing, consider making a post on why! It may be unused for a reason!

3. Be kind and courteous. Healthy debate and responding to other participants is encouraged! Being an asshole is not.

4. Signups can happen at any point, but the week will still usually end on Sunday.

You are also encouraged to post in the Metagame Discussion Thread and Viability Rankings Thread!

gulch

formerly Melt Gibson
is a Forum Moderator
Week One: Clear Amulet
:clear amulet:

Introduced in Gen 9, Clear Amulet is a very simple item: it prevents other Pokemon from lowering the holder's stat changes. Bleakwind Storm's speed drops, Luster Purge's Sp.Def drops, Intimidate... None of them will work! However, despite what seems to be a strong and purely beneficial effect, this item is often nowhere to be seen. And that's where you come in!

The deadline for this week will be Sunday, May 19th. The ladder tag for this weak is IS01 [name]. Happy hunting!​

sounds interesting

IS01 Graecus

I use my alt UU7RA, since I didn't arrive in time to help kick the pelican.

Ok soooo... i laddered a bit with a team https://pokepast.es/3754767956c67666

i wanted to test 3 things... how good is king vs latios when im immune to luster purge drops... basically the only thing that exists that u can take advantage of clear amulet for... as there are no intimidate users in the tier and salamence and h-arc are not good users of it.
____

What happened during testing? you are better off using boots and using smth that you can take advantage 99% of the time compared to smth that never comes into play, you are better off using covert cloak to make urself immune to secondary effects

Conclusion: use covert cloak.. if you want to be immune to luster purge drops use that as you can also be immune to things like scald burns, sludge bomb poison, hurricane confusions, etc.

Bleakwind storm speed drops arent happening at such a frequency that you need this item for it... you are also better off running covert cloak as the main benefit clear amulet has is blocking intimidate

ThatOneApple

A Bit Fruity
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
https://pokepast.es/08f1ff583447ac01
Its a bit slapped together and moreso an idea ive been toying with that just has amulet luna rather than lefties instead of an established team but uh...
To be blunt, Clear Amulet serves no real purpose in this meta

The reason i slapped it on Ursaluna was because it was one of the few things that could seemingly get use out of it that covert cloak didnt provide and more. This is due to sinistcha's strength sap. however not only did i not run into any sinistcha's while on ladder, there are just better ways to work around sap drops.

You could theoretically put amulet on the drill on this team and maybe scrap the luna for something else, but i feel all the same points apply there anyways.

So uh... yeah... this item kinda blows, sorry to say. I tried to think of something interesting with it but the best i could do was make a mon worse for the sake of improving one matchup that you arent even that likely to see, which just doesnt feel good to me. If anyone finds anything cool with it feel free to show bc id be interested.

https://pokepast.es/5096b50ae2ba19c7

two reasons to use clear amulet in UU: Strength Sap Sinistcha and Sticky Web equipment.

Even if your attack doesn't go down, Sinistcha still heals for its entire life, and in the same way Sinistcha is a Pokémon that you will encounter once every thirty matches. Sticky web teams are almost as rare, so there aren't really many options to use this item instead of Covert Cloak.

For the rest, as they have already said above, there are simply no Pokémon that use intimidation in this meta, or any other reason why you should opt for this item. Although there are moves that lower stats, none are annoying enough for putting Clear Amulet on one of your Pokémon to be important.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/6d52d590b2a1a703

I wanted to see how well Sinistcha could do when it doesn't have to take Bleakwind Storm speed drops and Luster Purge SpDef drops. If this sounds incredibly niche, that's because it is. To be real, the only time when I actually used clear amulet was against a sticky web team. Still though, I had plenty of Azumarill and Oger-C sweeps because I am playing hyper offense.

Conclusion: Just use Boots or lefties or cloak if you really want

Others already mentioned the ones that could lower foe's stats and I thought of a mon that wouldn't mind having its usual item while being useful defensively.

Tinkaton (F) @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 180 Def / 60 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Encore

Ability here is Mold Breaker instead of Pickpocket since this isn't a usual Air Balloon set.

And since this is not holding air balloon item, Tera Flying could be clicked in certain endgame situations.

Careful Nature for spdef since yeah luster purge and bleakwind storm are sp atks.

Gigaton Hammer and Knock Off are normal then slapped in Twave for status and Encore vs those who might try to set up in front of Tinkaton.

I remember encountering Incineroar on ladder in which Tintakon is weak to it anyways so clear amulet won't help there.

That's all from me xD

gulch

formerly Melt Gibson
is a Forum Moderator
Thanks to everyone who decided to participate! We're going to hold voting for the week now! Please respond with the number corresponding to ONE of the following:

1. Slowking by HydreigonTheChild
2. Ursaluna by ThatOneApple
3. Excadrill by Graecus
4. Sinistcha by mrsuslawl
5. Tinkaton by DiannieRatson

Voting will last until Sunday, May 26th.

Thanks to everyone who decided to participate! We're going to hold voting for the week now! Please respond with the number corresponding to ONE of the following:

1. Slowking by HydreigonTheChild
2. Ursaluna by ThatOneApple
3. Excadrill by Graecus
4. Sinistcha by mrsuslawl
5. Tinkaton by DiannieRatson

Voting will last until Sunday, May 26th.

if voting for yourself isn't allowed then 5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)