Swept Like a Broom

Status
Not open for further replies.
*MESSAGE TO MODS*: If you could remove this topic/lock it, that'd be great. Editing this has become a huge hassle (especially since I change moves/items/EVs constantly), so I can't continue to maintain it.

So, after finding out that everyone here uses a simulator instead of their actual game, I made my team that I thought was pretty strong, and this is what I have. I'm open to any suggestions you may have for me.

Swept Like a Broom

Team:

Gastly @ Life Orb
Levitate
EVs: 68 HP / 40 Def / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Gastly is one of my slightly underused Pokemon. I have him as a back-up attacker, and also useful for dealing with pesky psychic types that rarely appear. His speed gives him enough time to settle in behind a substitute and then cast a Hypnosis. Then, it's a power-shot with Shadow Ball or Sludge Wave that can deal major damage with the high SpA and Life Orb. Even on switching, the oncoming Pokemon will have damage inflicted upon it no matter what (save for Normal types, unless I'm using Sludge Wave). Gastly was made to keep the rest of my Pokemon safe and under-wraps while he hits the opponents to next century, saving my strong ones for a rainy day.

Threats
The biggest threat so far is Misdrevious (sp?), which could outspeed Gastly and shoot it down.

Axew @ Eviolite
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 68 HP / 220 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Axew is my main sweeper, without a doubt. His speed lets him set-up a Dragon Dance, and after that, nothing can stop it. It blasts through everything with Outrage and Dragon Claw, armed with it's high Atk power and lightning-fast speed. It's currently a major essential, and it usually follows after any one of my Pokemon drop to clean up the mess.

Threats:
The only threat so far is Fake-Out during mid-Outrage, which can stop the attack and bring confusion. Despite having Protect, it's only good to stop if I know the opponent will use that move and I'm not Outraging at the moment I suspect they'll use it. Damn priority.

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: (To be fixed. Apparently the previous EV set was used for OU Scraggy)
Lax Nature (+Def, -SpD)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Rest

Scraggy is my staller. Because of his Dark-typing removing the threat of Psychic abilities, I can focus more on his Flying-type disadvantage by powering his Def and HP. Bulk-Up furthers this, making Scraggy next-to-unbeatable. Drain Punch and Rest help this even more due to the healing properties, and Crunch helps deal with anything not covered by Drain Punch.

Threats:
Even with high-defense and Bulk Up armed, Archen's Acrobatics slices through Scraggy like a knife through water.

Corphish @ Eviolite
Trait: Adaptability
Evs: 12 HP / 196 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch

Corphish is my second main-sweeper, behind Axew. One Dragon Dance, and he can destroy all the competition with his incredibly Atk and Spe. His move pool can handle any typing, so nothing stands in his way of destroying anything. His defenses aren't weak, either; he can take a shot if his first shot doesn't wipe the foe on the first try.

Threats:
Electric types can sometimes outspeed him and hit him with a Thunderbolt.

Superpower ruins the Atk boost given from Dragon Dance.

Zorua @ Life Orb
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 200 Atk / 40 Def / 240 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Sucker Punch
- Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power (Fight)

Zorua is here for obvious reasons - Spe, and the ability to trick the opponents. Often gets disguised as my Darumaka, so it's good for tricking those using water types as they think the can blast me with one shot, but me a powerful Dark Pulse instead. His Spe and Atk make him a force to reckon with as he hits hard and fast. The Hidden Power stops other Dark-types, and Extrasensory deals with annoying Fight-types. Sucker Punch is used to blast past those that happen to be a bit faster.

Threats:
Nothing yet.

Houndour @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Sp, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

Houndour is my newest addition in place of the slower Darumaka. His upped speed and power SpA makes him much more threatening, while also preventing any hazards by using Taunt. Sadly, he was added only recently, so I haven't had a good chance to test him out properly.

Threats:
-adding more soon-

Any suggestions as to what I can change (moves, EVs, the Pokemon itself), please tell me and I'll take it into consideration. Thank you! :D

Hey there nice looking Lc team! Corphish is my favourite Lc pokemon and I have used it extensivly. I have generally found a bulkier ev spread to work on Corphish 172 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 76 Spe Can help setting up two dragon dances quite easily I reckon you should go Return>Superpower so you have another poke to deal with Croagunk who I see is a mild threat to your team being able to stop Gastly, Zorua, and Scraggy. Plus Scrafty can effectivly take on steels anyway.

Also Axew can Learn Superpower via move tutor and can help you combat steels if you go Superpower>Dragon Claw Hope I helped with the team good luck!

Sets

Corphish @ Evolite | Adaptability
Adamant |
172 Hp / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 76 Spd

Dragon Dance / Crunch / Return/ Crab Hammer or Waterfall

Axew @ Evolite | Mold Breaker
Jolly | 68 Hp / 220 Atk / 220 Spd
Dragon Dance / Protect/ Outrage/ Superpower

~Superpowerdude

cool team but i think you have a few things mixed up under your threats section.
First off, fake out isnt a threat to gastly, hes imune to it and gastly doesnt like switching in on psychics.
Nice touch in axew, personally i'd use bagon but since you're using axew maybe dual chop to stop abra halting your sweep. And im pretty sure if someone uses protect on outrage you are no longer locked into it and wont be hit by its confusion based side effect.
Try fixing Scraggys EVs, i notice its got the 252/252/4 spreads used in OU and stuff.
You also say zorua has no attacks to hit mienfoo, it has extrasensory which scores a super effective hit.

Great team though, i back superpower dude about a bulkier corphish, maybe adding sub to block statuses or something. I like the use of gastly :) im running a similar set myself actually, sludge bomb needs more usage on it.

Hey there nice looking Lc team! Corphish is my favourite Lc pokemon and I have used it extensivly. I have generally found a bulkier ev spread to work on Corphish 172 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 76 Spe Can help setting up two dragon dances quite easily I reckon you should go Return>Superpower so you have another poke to deal with Croagunk who I see is a mild threat to your team being able to stop Gastly, Zorua, and Scraggy. Plus Scrafty can effectivly take on steels anyway.

Also Axew can Learn Superpower via move tutor and can help you combat steels if you go Superpower>Dragon Claw Hope I helped with the team good luck!

Sets

Corphish @ Evolite | Adaptability
Adamant |
172 Hp / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 76 Spd

Dragon Dance / Crunch / Return/ Crab Hammer or Waterfall

Axew @ Evolite | Mold Breaker
Jolly | 68 Hp / 220 Atk / 220 Spd
Dragon Dance / Protect/ Outrage/ Superpower

~Superpowerdude
Very good suggestions! I guess higher defense would help Corphish last a bit longer. (Btw, nice use of colors, doesn't look to cute in the reply box though. X))

cool team but i think you have a few things mixed up under your threats section.
First off, fake out isnt a threat to gastly, hes imune to it and gastly doesnt like switching in on psychics.
Nice touch in axew, personally i'd use bagon but since you're using axew maybe dual chop to stop abra halting your sweep. And im pretty sure if someone uses protect on outrage you are no longer locked into it and wont be hit by its confusion based side effect.
Try fixing Scraggys EVs, i notice its got the 252/252/4 spreads used in OU and stuff.
You also say zorua has no attacks to hit mienfoo, it has extrasensory which scores a super effective hit.

Great team though, i back superpower dude about a bulkier corphish, maybe adding sub to block statuses or something. I like the use of gastly :) im running a similar set myself actually, sludge bomb needs more usage on it.
I thought it was Dark-type? >.<' Okay then, I can check that off. Also, the Fake-Out-During-Outrage was an actual experience in a battle; I was hit with it, Axew flinched, and BAM! Confused.

As for Scraggy's EVs, that's what the strategydex said it needed for that set. I'm guessing it's a set banned in LC, so I'll look into some other ones. (I honestly don't know if some one would actually use Scraggy in OU)

And I thought Meinfoo was a psychic type too? >< Jesus, remind me to do my research correctly next time.

Your Gastly is wrong. Use this
Change EV spread to 40 Def / 200 SpA / 200 Spe, so you take 1 hp from LO instead of 2.
Sludge Bomb > Sludge Wave, negligible power difference with a much better side effect. Or you could just use HP Fighting for perfect coverage, but that's your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)