Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

Aegislash is half of my team’s lead (mainly due to its immunity to fake out). I usually bait super effective moves in shield form and then ohko threats with weakness policy boosted shadow ball and flash cannon. Aegislash can also be used to switch into a predicted super effective move to activate weakness policy and get a quick ko.

View attachment 173768
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 128 HP / 44 Def / 100 SpA / 4 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Protect

My team’s speed abuser and support Pokémon. Manectric’s intimidate and snarl combination allow him to weaken attackers in both ends of the spectrum. Manectric also carries volt switch, which combos well with the other U turn users on the team, allowing them to constantly pivot while still providing pressure.

View attachment 173774
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- U-turn
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
- Explosion

Genesect is my team’s revenge killer/pivot/nuke. It runs choice scarf and outspeeds every unboosted Pokémon win it. It uses both its bug stabs to easily revenge kill opposing moms. Explosion is used to nuke both opposing Pokémon in a worst case scenario (manectric with protect and aegislash as a ghost are the preferred partners for obvious reasons).

View attachment 173775
Suicune @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Roar
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Suicune is my team’s other lead, providing tailwind and phasing support, and ice beam and scald to cover leads such as Landorus T, Incineroar, and Amoongus. Suicune also functions as a good tank with wiki berry and it’s natural bulk.

View attachment 173776
Tapu Fini @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Haze

Tapu Fini is another bulky water type, that serves as another bulky support. With heal pulse and Haze, it is very effective at sustaining teammates and shutting down opposing setup. Muddy water and moonblast are also used to debuff the opposing mons accuracy and special attack.

View attachment 173777
Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

This mixed Landorus is mainly used as a bulky pivot, item control, and rock setter. It is mostly used as an electric or ground switch in and for its ground stab.

My team in general struggles with trick room teams, and I was wondering what I could do to counter them better. However, any suggestions are welcomed.

Hello, Manectric258 sorry for the late rate but I guess its better than none right? Anyway, nice team you have there! A solid volt-turn and intimidate core with tailwind support is a great start to a doubles OU team. However there does seem to be some weaknesses that need to be addressed. The biggest problem I can see is the team's passivity. Volt Turn aims to gain momentum from pivoting, and having offensive pokemon to pivot into and deal damage is a must. A few changes should make

Major Changes:

Suicune --> Kartana

Kartana @ Mago Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 128 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect

Kartana provides key resistances and a more offensive Tailwind setter. This means you have a pokemon that can also utilize its own tailwind. Kartana is able to threaten bulky waters and ground types. I have chosen a bulky variant of Kartana so that you can still get reliable speed control, but still has offensive presence.

Aegislash --> Kyurem-Black
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 112 Atk / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Aegislash, while a strong pokemon, doesn't really fit this team. It's low speed tier means it can't take advantage of tailwind.
Kyurem is a very strong pokemon who's very good coverage, great bulk and a good speed tier which enables it to be very effective at being threatening whenever it's on the field.

Genesect -->Volcarona
Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Genesect's role in this team seems quite unnecessary. A revenge killer is only needed if you have a weakness to setup sweepers. However with double intimidate, snarl and tailwind you can beat most set up sweepers. Genesect also provides little utility and offensive presence because of its coverage. Volcarona provides a much needed fire typing and a set up sweeper of your own. This allows you to break through defensive teams with a Z Move. And clean late game with quiver dance.

Minor Changes:

Tapu Fini Support -->Calm Mind

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpA
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Support fini doesn't really work on this team because there isn't much to support. Heal pulse won't do much because most of the pokemon don't value their HP. Calm mind allows fini to be threatening and act as a check to multiple pokemon.

Overall Thoughts:

This team is a lot more offensive than you're original one, and should be played as such. Remember to utilize volt switch and upturn to bring in your hard hitters safely. While the Trickroom matchup can be hard, it is important to try to keep positioning in your favour.switching into resisted attacks and protecting while under Trickroom can work but it is important to keep attacking. You should always try to find a win condition for late game. Whether it's quiver dance volc, or life orb Kyurem you need to put pressure on their checks like tapu fini or metagross respectively. I personally will be laddering with the team for a bit because it's actually quite strong, so it shouldn't be too hard to get used to :). Anyway, enjoy the team and good luck on your adventure in the best tier on smogon!

The Team: https://pokepast.es/bfe7070b52c332c2

Hi, Manectric258! Welcome to DOU!
All your mons are definitely viable for the metagame! However, you can improve a bit in your team building, but don't worry! I'll try to help you the best I can without changing the identity of your team.

Well, to start off, here are some of the minor changes that I recommend:
  • Manectric-Mega: It seems you put 20 EVs from Speed to Sp. Atk, probably to boost your Flamethrower as opposed to just using Overheat. In case of mirror matchups, I recommend using 252+ for Speed and simply use Overheat for more immediate firepower. You shouldn't really have to worry about the lowered stats since you would be Volt Switch'ing anyways.
  • Genesect: Manectric-M suffers from Ground-types, and it can't Volt Switch out of them either if the opponent switches them in correctly. There are several mons that has Ground-type moves that can take a hit from Manectric-M's moves as well. These are mons include Zygarde, Landorus-T, and Kyurem-B just to name a few. Fortunately a mon that works well against these mons is Genesect. However, I highly recommend that you switch to the more standard set. Iron Head is truly useful against Fairies that dominate the meta as well as some bulky mons such as Tyranitar-M and Kyurem-B. Flamethrower and Ice Beam deals with Steel-type and Ground-types, respectfully. And Choice Scarf helps out with Psy Spam.
  • Landorus-T: It needs no changes.
  • Suicune: Suicune is a bit of an underappreciated mon, but it can work well in this team. Having Inner Focus helps it to Roar off Trick Room setters as well as some setup mons. However, like all Tailwind setters, Suicune works better as a bulky mon, and it needs to be bulkier. The standard EV set is 252 HP / 48 Def / 44 SpA / 108 SpD / 56 Spe with Calm nature.
Next, I'll talk about the major changes:
  • To be honest, I'm not a fan of having two Water-types (unless it's a Rain-based team) or two Steel-types in the same team. There are several reasons. These include similar weaknesses and the lack of diversity in the team. And although Aegislash and Tapu Fini are fantastic mons, they gotta go if you're using Genesect and Suicune.
  • As a result, allow me to introduce you to several mons that can fill in the roles that your previous mons could not achieve. First, it is Tapu Bulu. I selected this mon specifical to help you deal with Water-types a bit better. Manectric-M can only do so much to a mon like Swampert-M, Gastrodon, and a Belly Drum-ed Azuramill (it's really not that common, but it's still a threat). Tapu Bulu also improves your matchup against really bulky mons such as Gothitelle and Chansey. Normally, I would put Taunt on Tapu Bulu to check Trick Room teams, but since Suicune has Roar, it's completely fine to have Sword Dance on its moveset. If you play correctly, you can OHKO an opposing Incineroar or Kyurem-B in Tailwind with a boosted Superpower.
  • The other mon that I have selected is Mew. Since it is a Fake Out user, it grants its team the opportunities to do what they intend to do, whether it is to setup Tailwind, use Sword Dance, or get a free Snarl. I added Ally Switch to Mew as well, so that you can provide additional support for your team, but for the most part, Mew's moveset is pretty flexible and you can change it to your taste.
The resulting team is this. Feel free to take a look:

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 128 HP / 44 Def / 80 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Snarl
- Overheat
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Landorus-Therian @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Suicune @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 44 SpA / 108 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Roar

Tapu Bulu @ Figy Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 116 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Mew @ Normalium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Ally Switch
- U-turn
- Transform

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)