Tanz auf dem Vulkan

Hey, I'm Lohgock, otherwise known as Burn on Pokefans. I'm battling competive for about 2 years now. I'm German, so I can't speak english that well and today it's even more bad since I'm too lazy to think about the right grammar atm. Anyways, any misstakes are made for lolz.

I love testing stuff in the new Gen 5 Meta and I really enjoy building teams allthough I'm a truly bad teambuilder.
So the last teams I built were stall-team, but most failed. This stallteam is the newest I made and after laddering a while I soon noticed stall isn't my playstile, so I stopped laddering with it.
The reason I post it is, that I want one good Stallteam in my repertoir that works. After this team I won't build any stallteam soon.

This team is typical spike-stacking, doing reusidal-damage and switching into a resisted move. After the opponents team is weak enough, bulky DD-Nite should sweep it. Therefore I use three steels to lure opponents steels to weaken them. Since Stallwars are a really annoying I use a Stallbreaker Mew which guarentees me good chances against other stall-teams.
It's non-weather but is able to counter every weather.

Bronzong @ Macho Brace Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
Since there is no regular lead in Gen 5 I call this my starter allthough I do not lead with it often. Bronzong is there mainly against sandstorm and because I had no Ground-Resist (Nite was my last adition). The set may seems weird, but I really like it. Stealth Rock is obvious, Gyro Ball as it's main attack, which is boosted by Macho Brace and Earthquake not to lose against Magnezone. Trick fucks up some set-up Sweepers and is really essential since Bronzong is my answer against any Trickers, who won't enjoy getting a Macho Brace.

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Softboiled
- Psychic
Mew is my main answer against fighting-types and stops them like a boss. It's also really good against other stall-Teams, who are totaly raped by this little Mouse thing. I use psychic over Seismic Toss allthough it would be better to use SToss sometimes, for example against Heatran. But Psychic is there to completly ruin fighting-types since I would have a hard time beating them without Psychic. Spreading Random-Burn is also nice against offensive Teams without a cleric.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
Ah, Ferro. Mainly there for spiking and leech seeding but also for scouting. Together with Heatran it fucks up the pesky Rotom + Scizor Core scouting U-Turn or Superpower and doing more damage if Scizor switches into Leech Seed. If both, Rotom and Scizor are chosen, they do not stand a chance to win against Ferro + Heatran. I sometimes think about using Gyro Ball anyways, since Power Whip + Leech Seed has horible coverage.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
The last thing I put into the team after I searched a long time for a good last member. Since I love the Spickes + Lategame-Sweeper Strategy, this thing came into my mind, abusing the steel + dragon synergie and giving me good resistances. It's also good at walling most weathers beside Hail lol.
I would have used Heal Bell instead of FPunch, but thats not useable togehter with multiscale. I'm still thinking of using it or even replacing Nite with Altaria and using the Heal Bell set.
Dragonite walls Sun very good gaining a stronger Fire Punch and resisting Fire+Grass and also does a nice job against Rain.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
Stall-Teams have problems with Hazards too, so I have Starmie there. I chose a more bulky split since it's my only answer to Heatran and fire-Types Heatran can't touch but since Starmie has like no Power without LO and max S.Atck I put some EVs in it. Recover is important not to die to fast. I had the choice between using TBolt and Ice Beam and I chose Thunderbolt just because I have three steels to handle Dragon-Types and Heatran + Ferro to handle Grass-Types while only having to handle Water-Types. Still, if this is pusuited, an offensive Heatran runs through my team, so I'm thinking of scald > Surf for random-burn on Tar and Sciz, but it's weaker and only 30% chance, so don't know..

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar
- Toxic
Toxic Tran always has been one of my favourites. Not only this thing walls Sciz + Rotom-W together with Ferro, it also spreads Random-Status to things like Latias who think they can come in for free and set-up. I use Toxic and Lava Plume though because there are some things who better get toxiced and some things who need to get burned. Protect is for Recovery and scouting, Roar is reusidal damage and phazing. SDef just because Def would suck.

I will update this tomorrow and correct my bad english today, but I'm really tired atm =/

bumping this now, since I won't be on when it's time for an 24hour-bump =P

New Design, descriptions and so on will be there tomorrow.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Lohgock, since you're planning on sweeping with your Dragonite, I suggest a more offensive moveset. First of all, replace Dragon Claw for Outrage - the 50% boost in power makes all the difference. I also suggest diverting some of its HP EVs so that Dragonite has 192 Atk EVs. This lets you reliably score an OHKO on offensive Volcarona without any boosts, and even the most defensive Quagsire is virtually a 2HKO after SR + Spikes damage. With 1 DD under its belt, Dragonite also scores an OHKO on opposing offensive Dragonite with Multiscale intact.

Your Bronzong's EVs can be optimized: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 160 Def, RELAXED Nature offers you the same Atk point while providing you higher Defense. Leftovers is crucial on Bronzong; I suggest giving it Leftovers and replace Trick with Trick Room, since that also screws Set-Up Sweepers.

You may want to try Rain Dance and Hydro Pump on Starmie over Recover and Surf. With Rain Dance TTar and Scizor has a high chance of fainting from a Hydro Pump after little residual damage. It also prevents Sableye from Spin-blocking Starmie. You could then use Thunder over Thunderbolt for an actual chance to 2HKO Jellicent. Max SAtk is recommended. You lose Recover, but Starmie has enough recovery from Lefties, imo. Dragonite and Heatran's offenses are cut momentarily while the Rain is up, but it's only for 5 turns. It also augments Bronzong's defense against Dragonite by neutralizing Fire Punch.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
~ Hydro Pump
~ Rain Dance
~ Rapid Spin
~ Thunder

You might find it helpful to replace either Toxic or Protect for Earth Power on Heatran. Opposing Heatran can be very annoying to this team, walling Mew, Dragonite, and Ferrothorn. Thanks to its special bulk, your Heatran can survive the opposing Heatran's Earth Power while taking their Heatran out with your own Earth Power. It may not hurt to run 12 Spe EVs to ensure that you outrun other specially-defensive Heatran that may use the same tactic on you.

Hope this rate helped. Have fun with your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)