SM OU Tapu Lele Flatter

786-0.png
small-red-heart-with-transparent-background-md.png

Pretty much for this team I wanted to try something new that has never been used before.

THE

FIRST

FLATTER

TAPU

LELE!

Tapu Lele @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Flatter
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This Tapu Lele as you know is the star of the show the FLATTER Tapu Lele it is a very versatile Pokemon in general having access to both Psychic moves and Fairy moves I even gave it Hidden Power [Fire] so it can counter things like steel types. Everything about this Tapu Lele is normal except FLATTER! First to use this mon you need to defiantly make sure you are faster than the opponent because if you are not you are probably going to get one shot by a move. It is a good first choice and can make people rage quit from their Pokemon being so confused!

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

This Gliscor is your generic Gliscor it can set up Stealth Rocks, it has access to Earthquake and Toxic. It is a speedy Pokemon and can tank a few hits. With this stalling beast if you don't want to send in your precious Tapu Lele first Gliscor is really the Pokemon to go with. So yeah this is pretty much generic Smogon Gliscor which works pretty well in my opinion.

Hawlucha (M) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

This Hawlucha partners with Tapu Lele quite well as it holds the Psychic Seed which when consumed will increase SP.DEF and SPD and will give you access to a much stronger Acrobatics then with holding the Psychic Seed. This Pokemon can also increase that damage with a quick Swords Dance then it can have at the enemies! It can also roost if you get this bird into a sticky situation!

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Jirachi is more of a support Pokemon with this team holding Healing Wish to heal low health Pokemon. It also has very versatile moves holding a fire attack,steel attack and a bug attack. It also harnesses great speed and can annoy people with its 60% flinch chance on Iron Head. This is generally a strong and fast Pokemon the Choice Scarf helps it but if you want to be able to cover a lot of situations I'd use Leftovers or Life Orb.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Kartana is the grass type of the team. Kartana is a speedy and high damaging Pokemon which it needs to because it literally acts like paper being easy to destroy. If you are using this Pokemon you want to definatly make sure that you will outspeed and have a back up if they send in a fast Pokemon. The Choice Scarf usually prevents this but you still have to make sure. This Kartana also has a lot of different type moves and it is also able to use a quick Knock Off.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Mew can set up and is the main annoyance to the enemy. It can heal as soon as it gets damaged with its Soft-Boiled, it can do high amounts of damage with Earthquake, annoy opponents with a devastating Will-O-Wisp and can set up with Stealth Rocks. This Pokemon has a lot of SPE and HP so it can resist attacks as well as outspeed. Leftovers combined with Soft-Boiled is very good coverage and Synchronize is a very useful ability.

Please Note:
If you are going to change this team don't change Tapu Lele as this team is centred around it so it would make no sense. Thank you.

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I hate to burst your bubble, but Flatter is not viable at all. There are very good reasons why you're the first one running it.

The confusion nerf that came with Gen 7 already severely hindered the status's viability, and Flatter has always been inferior to Swagger anyway since the damage from hitting yourself in confusion is calculated with the Pokémon's PHYSICAL attack. So you essentially give your opponent a power boost with only a 1 in 3 chance of a negative effect (the same applies to Swagger, but at least its effects actually have significant consequences). Using your Z-Crystal on it is also a huge waste of a Z-move, especially since the Special Defense boost you get is cancelled out by Flatter's Special Attack boost. I know you said not to change your Lele, but I don't care; you're only hurting your own viability with a set like that. If you want a Z-move Lele, you should be running Fightinium Z. Though realistically, I think you should be running Specs or Scarf so you can free up the Z-move slot for another team member like Kartana.

In other news, you're ungodly defensively weak to AshGren. You have zero real Water resists (Kartana doesn't count) and only one Dark resist, with two Dark WEAKNESSES to boot. You have options to outspeed it, sure, but you can almost never switch those options in safely. You'd need to do some pretty serious revisions to deal with that.

Last thing, the Mew kind of just seems like a throwaway Pokémon. It doesn't really add anything to the team, especially since you chose to double up on rocks instead of putting Defog on it. I would either swap to Defog or remove it entirely, since otherwise it doesn't really help you with much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)