Team 50ZX

So this is an attempt at a XY team, that was based at first on a Jumptran core and went places from there.

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Infestation
- U-turn
- Energy Ball

Jumpluff acts as my lead against non-hazard setters, and as a defensive pivot. Sleep powder and u-turn are pretty self-explanatory, infestation on the switch force a fire/ice attackers that generally come in on it attacker to stay in for a switch to heatran, allowing it to sub up. Infiltrator was chosen as it generally more useful given the sever lack of encountered sun. The EV's/nature are about being as fast and bulky as possible basically. Jpluff also acts as a switch in for threats to heatran such as ground, water and fighting. Leftovers gives basic recovery and to help with longevity.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Heatran acts as the other half of the jumptran, switching on trapped/slept threats to jumpluff and setting up sub on them. It then spreads its molten love around the field, burning physical attackers or outright killing them. It also functions as one of the wallbreakers, through burn/sub/sdef drop fishing. EV's/nature are to maximise speed while retaining good damage. Leftovers gives it revovery to set up more subs.

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Espeon acts as my anti-hazard lead, and also setting up screens, allowing the more tenuous setups of azumarill and conkeldurr to take place. It can pivot due to baton pass and take chips off poison types, who I can have trouble with. EV's/nature are to maximise speed and bulk, allowing for safer screens/hazard bouncing. Light clay allows the screens to last longer,lowering the risk of an unwanted switch.

Azumarill @ Mystic Water
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall

Azumarill takes the mantle of my primary revenge killer and blaziken counter. It can sweep very efficiently if given a free turn to set up with belly drum, but generally takes a back seat until later. Mystic water is for a recoilless damage boost for the move that is going to be used ~90% of the time, aqua jet. Play rough provides pretty much unresisted coverage except against tentacruel and toxicroak. Waterfall gives the most powerful move on pretty much certain switches. EV's/nature are to maximise attack while maintaining decent bulk.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr provides some secondary priority and setup bulky sweeping. It seeks oppurtunities to set up on weaker attackers, after which it aims to sweep with mach punch. Guts was chosen because it allows it to set up very fast on scald/will o' wisp walls Ev's/Nature were chosen to maximise attack and bulk. Sdef was chosen over HP to increase drain punch healing. Leftovers is used to allow it to accrue more boosts and to mitigate burn/toxic damage.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 64 Atk / 192 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Salamence acts as my wall lure and breaker. It takes out the physical walls that would otherwise mitigate conkeldurr and azumarill. Non-steels are taken out with draco meteor and follow up while fire blast kills the steels. Earthquake and outrage provide coverage against special walls. Intimidate allows safer switches into physical attacks, as he hasn't gone on kill streaks enough to get major benefits from moxie.
Ev's are a bit iffy, they maximise speed and then give attacking power, last gen they would 2hko all hippowdon variants(according to the piece on the strategy section), but given the power drop of draco meteor, I'm not sure if this should change. Hasty was chosen over naive because intimidate mitigates the defense drop.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)