team BIG (by gormenghast :3)

this is actually my first succesful sand team. despite huge weaks, this team has been doing so amazing that i dont want to change it at all!

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP/252 Atk/16 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
best lead. pursuits frailer pokes and kills anything not names luke. if i fear sleep i switch in gyara. max hp because max speed is stupid, so many slow pokes use it as a benchmark and id rather live through non lo focus blast from gar. i can also always switch in on annoying starmies getting rid of my spikes and end them. the only other thing it runs from is hippowdon
the only thing i miss about no speed is that skarm can outstall me with roost
---

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 16 HP/240 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

heh, sr scarf. i usually switch in on something tiny like celebi or whatever and "scout" their counter and sr.
---

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/36 Atk/216 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
awesome poke, idk what to say. skarm can just decimate teams that aren't ready for him. first time ive really used him and just loving it
---

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP/176 Def/32 Spd/60 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Grass Knot
- Leech Seed
- U-turn

broken pokemon. stole the ms form foreys, leech seed something and uturn on the switch. evs are standard issue. i dont need satk since gk is just to kill tar/pert/bulky waters
---

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/120 Atk/52 Def/96 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Zen Headbutt
- Body Slam
- U-turn

gengar counter, i dont even think specs can 2hko. maybe weakest link though.
---

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP/56 Atk/136 Def/104 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

ok gyarados is an amazing resttalker. I don't really know what else to say. main switch on infernape/heatran and first switch on gengar unless celebi's out.
---

problems:
sub/twave/hpice/tbolt magnezone can potetially beat my entire team lol
dugtrio too lol
skarm is a bitch when heatran is dead
team is slow, i rely on heatran for revenge kills too much
zapdos is annoying since my status taker is gyara if it has twave, and celebi can't touch it if it has a sub up.

lax>jirachi covers alot of this, thoughts?
help!

Haha gorm looks like a cool team, celebi and jirachi is the new standard for you right? I like them as well. And I am loving the SRScarfTran. Anyway on to the rate:

On Tar I actually like no speed for Skarm that way when he roosts I can Earthquake him. just hope skarm is hurt at that point. CBTrio is having a lot of fun with you it seems. KOs Tar with EQ, Jirachi, and if Tran is using SR he could switch in there. What use is Jirachi if Tran is SRing anyway? And Celebi could be paralyzing as well. I do think he is the weak link and maybe somegood old fashioned SkarmBliss would really Help. Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss, Ice Beam, and Wish. Does what your Jirachi is doing only this can beat Zapdos, Dugtrio and Magnezone something you said you desperatly need. Also beats those gars. I think lax is kind of useless since it can't pass the wish and that is what you want. I still am trying to think if you should use Heal Bell on Celebi because frankly this team hates status, i can tell by just looking at it. The only reason you might want to keep Jirachi is for SS but meh it is your call. Gyarados is a great restalker but I like Machamp more. Especially on this team but thats ok. They both do it great and Intimidate might help more. However if you get 1 SR, 3 spikes, the SS, and Machamp confusing stuff and then healing so it forces switches, well ... you are going to love it. I know I would

Hope this helps, seems like a solid team.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've faced this team a few times. The team's good, and I like it.

Infernape will cause some trouble with SR support. Revenge killing with Heatran is the best option after Gyarados (who's 2HKO'd by Grass Knot with Life Orb after Stealth Rock). Might be a problem if you don't have Spikes covered (which you do not).

Watch out for Fire Fang Garchomp, even though it seems like you've got plenty of cover in Gyarados, it won't hold it off for so long.

Forretress would do well over Skarmory for Toxic Spikes support when you're up against Garchomp and the like. Plus, it can Rapid Spin away other Spikes, Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes.

However, this would lead yourself, vulnerable to Heatran. Which is why I'd recommend a Wish Vaporeon over Jirachi. I'm thinking with Tyranitar's spread being bulkier than it is now, you can OHKO Gengar in return with Pursuit while its Focus Blast with Life Orb fails to OHKO (and it's not as if every Gengar is holding it) - This is if you use the popular Careful, Choice Band Tyranitar with 252 HP, 216 SDef and 40 Atk. Vaporeon will also be able to outstall Garchomp when their Landshark's poisoned and you're Protect abbusing.

There's a few other ways you can go about this, though. (Blissey>Jirachi?)

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd twist the EVs a bit on Tyranitar, that is, if you'd like to. If you want a bit more survival out of Tyranitar, I'd go with Jibaku's EV spread (252 HP / 56 Attack / 200 Special Defense) with a Careful Nature, but this is of course if you feel like doing so.

On Gyarados, Dragon Dance would be a good idea to try over Ice Fang. It seems like one thing you lack really on this team is set-up, and Gyarados can do it decently.

I see how Skarmory can be a bitch to deal with, and Snorlax with Fire Punch / Body Slam / Rest / Sleep Talk can still give you a run for your money. This can allow some freedom on Gyarados too. You could use Taunt on this team pretty badly, and it seems like Gyarados would be the problem solver.

I know what you're getting at with Celebi, but I guess I'm going to shoot myself for this... why not Baton Pass over U-Turn? It allows you to escape without fear from a Pursuit from Tyranitar, and U-Turn seems to be for scouting.

It seriously is a solid team at a glance. Vaporeon would be a good second candidate if you so choose to have, as Wish is quite valuable to have, even if you decide to have two Wish-passers.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
It's quite important to outrun Skarmory with Tyranitar so it can hit it with neutral Stone Edges before it Roosts. It might seem cool to use a slow Tyranitar to Earthquake a Roosting Skarmory, but the standard 390 Defense Skarmory needs to be down to less than 30% for you to even have a chance at KOing it while it Roosts. You might consider using Dragon Dance over Ice Fang on Gyarados; Heatran should be able to revenge kill Garchomp, except for the SubSalac set, which Skarmory beats, and the Choice Scarf set, which you just need to switch carefully against. You have the appropriate resistances, and it's not as if Gyarados fares that well if it switches into Outrage. Ice Fang is doing hardly anything to Celebi anyways.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Scratch Fire Punch, Fire Blast is the ultimate choice for a SleepTalking Lax. Sassy Nature, etc, etc.

1 last thing: the only problem I would see putting Snorlax in this team is that it would invite Fighting moves to trample you, but I guess that is ultimately up to you.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Celebi with Thunder Wave can always stop Lucario's sweep. Infernape won't always use Fire Blast / Flamethrower against a Celebi that will most likely switch out. That's incase you do want some support for your Tyranitar and the Fighting-type problem if you add in Snorlax. I actually prefer it for more than just that preference benifiting the team, it's generally a great move to stop things like Deoxys, Heatran and anything that switches in on Celebi often that will regret doing so when you use Thunder Wave.

thanks for the replies guys!

On Tar I actually like no speed for Skarm that way when he roosts I can Earthquake him. just hope skarm is hurt at that point.
yeah but eq doesnt ohko which bugs me x_x;
CBTrio is having a lot of fun with you it seems. KOs Tar with EQ, Jirachi, and if Tran is using SR he could switch in there.
duggy is annoying but the other half of my team doesnt care about it so e__e;

What use is Jirachi if Tran is SRing anyway? And Celebi could be paralyzing as well. I do think he is the weak link and maybe somegood old fashioned SkarmBliss would really Help. Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss, Ice Beam, and Wish. Does what your Jirachi is doing only this can beat Zapdos, Dugtrio and Magnezone something you said you desperatly need. Also beats those gars. I think lax is kind of useless since it can't pass the wish and that is what you want.
i dont dislike this idea and will probably test her. another status taker wont hurt but again 3 fight weaks+2 resists in dangerous in this metagame
I still am trying to think if you should use Heal Bell on Celebi because frankly this team hates status, i can tell by just looking at it. The only reason you might want to keep Jirachi is for SS but meh it is your call. Gyarados is a great restalker but I like Machamp more. Especially on this team but thats ok. They both do it great and Intimidate might help more. However if you get 1 SR, 3 spikes, the SS, and Machamp confusing stuff and then healing so it forces switches, well ... you are going to love it. I know I would

Hope this helps, seems like a solid team.
yeah i really rely on celebi alot for status, usually i take status and uturn to a counter.
on the first version of this team i ran machamp actually but i didnt like him since he wasnt really bulky enough even with max hp. i really like intimidate , although i miss the reliable tar switchin that machamp provided.

I've faced this team a few times. The team's good, and I like it.

Infernape will cause some trouble with SR support. Revenge killing with Heatran is the best option after Gyarados (who's 2HKO'd by Grass Knot with Life Orb after Stealth Rock). Might be a problem if you don't have Spikes covered (which you do not).
Watch out for Fire Fang Garchomp, even though it seems like you've got plenty of cover in Gyarados, it won't hold it off for so long.
[/quote] fucking snes master ki always beats me with sd fire fang chomp its annoying. worst i can do is revenge kill him with heatran though.
Forretress would do well over Skarmory for Toxic Spikes support when you're up against Garchomp and the like. Plus, it can Rapid Spin away other Spikes, Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes.
However, this would lead yourself, vulnerable to Heatran. Which is why I'd recommend a Wish Vaporeon over Jirachi. I'm thinking with Tyranitar's spread being bulkier than it is now, you can OHKO Gengar in return with Pursuit while its Focus Blast with Life Orb fails to OHKO (and it's not as if every Gengar is holding it) - This is if you use the popular Careful, Choice Band Tyranitar with 252 HP, 216 SDef and 40 Atk. Vaporeon will also be able to outstall Garchomp when their Landshark's poisoned and you're Protect abbusing.
great ideas, ill test this. i dont really like tar as a gengar counter though x_x

I'd twist the EVs a bit on Tyranitar, that is, if you'd like to. If you want a bit more survival out of Tyranitar, I'd go with Jibaku's EV spread (252 HP / 56 Attack / 200 Special Defense) with a Careful Nature, but this is of course if you feel like doing so.
while i like the idea, i really like a strong pursuit on this guy for random stuff like specsmence after dm or something, also idk is standard starmie dies no non max attack or whatever. tar is the poke that i like the most tbh
On Gyarados, Dragon Dance would be a good idea to try over Ice Fang. It seems like one thing you lack really on this team is set-up, and Gyarados can do it decently.
wow this actually sounds like an awesome idea. i barely use ice fang anyway ;D

I see how Skarmory can be a bitch to deal with, and Snorlax with Fire Punch / Body Slam / Rest / Sleep Talk can still give you a run for your money. This can allow some freedom on Gyarados too. You could use Taunt on this team pretty badly, and it seems like Gyarados would be the problem solver.

Scratch Fire Punch, Fire Blast is the ultimate choice for a SleepTalking Lax. Sassy Nature, etc, etc.

1 last thing: the only problem I would see putting Snorlax in this team is that it would invite Fighting moves to trample you, but I guess that is ultimately up to you.
see other responses re: this. idk about fb lax since skarm can probably roost off damage? not sure..

I know what you're getting at with Celebi, but I guess I'm going to shoot myself for this... why not Baton Pass over U-Turn? It allows you to escape without fear from a Pursuit from Tyranitar, and U-Turn seems to be for scouting.
uturn dents switchins like heatran which can help me with their ms (check for lefties) and opposing celebi/tar. i dont usually usturn when cb pursuit tar since i can just kill if with gk if i think it will pursuit. weavile is weak etc.

It seriously is a solid team at a glance. Vaporeon would be a good second candidate if you so choose to have, as Wish is quite valuable to have, even if you decide to have two Wish-passers.
the odd thing i si wish really rarely and barely use jirachi at all..

Celebi with Thunder Wave can always stop Lucario's sweep.
i dont really fear luke with gyara=heatran revenge kill.
Infernape won't always use Fire Blast / Flamethrower against a Celebi that will most likely switch out. That's incase you do want some support for your Tyranitar and the Fighting-type problem if you add in Snorlax. I actually prefer it for more than just that preference benifiting the team, it's generally a great move to stop things like Deoxys, Heatran and anything that switches in on Celebi often that will regret doing so when you use Thunder Wave.
yeah snorlax sounds like a great idea but i dont like 3 fight weaks 2 resists x_x;

How about a defensive Scizor over Jirachi? With:
Roost/U-Turn/Pursuit/Light Screen and 228 HP/28 Atk/96 Def/184 SpDef, you get 2HKOed only by a Modest Choice Specs Gengar, and with a Light Screen up, you stop several other potential threats to your team. Technician Pursuit OHKOs Gengar if he switches out too.

Skarmory may just want Stealth Rock, as much as I hate saying that. Heatran is just too precious to waste a moveslot on Stealth Rock, especially considering that if Duggy gets brave, or something on very low health purposely switches in, you're fucked. Skarmory doesn't seem like it's out often in your team anyway.

I see that the main reason for Jirachi was for healing members, but the only members without their own way of healing are Tyranitar and Heatran, Heatran being revenge-based and Tyranitar being rather sturdy. You can leave the healing to Leech Seeds from Jirachi, because with LS, you're likely to get healed or a free switchin. I also think Tyranitar needs to outpace Skarmory, and it only takes 76-84 EVs to make sure it does so. Otherwise, the team is pretty solid, and is an SS team without Gliscor or Garchomp, so claps and props given.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
GORM! =3

Repeat after me: >:O

Anyway, Tyranitar should just run with no speed, since you can Earthquake when it Roost. I would just run like 4 Speed EVs in Tyranitar for fellow CB Tars. This can help you revenge kill it seeing how everything on your team dies to it, with the exception of Skarmory.

I would also like to mention that you have a weakness to Heatran, notably the HP Electric variants. Salamence can fit into this team over Gyarados. It has Intimidate and not to mention it can be bulky too. It also has an instant recovery move (Wish or Roost) when which the latter doesn't need assistance of another move to function to its full potential.

Infernape looks like the only thing causing trouble, since it can OHKO Gyarados with Grass Knot and Stealth Rocks up. I actually don't see Lucario being that huge of a problem, since Heatran can come in on Extreme Speed, Bullet Punch, Crunch, or Swords Dance and just be done with it. Nice team.

SPECs lucario would be a problem, SD luke wouldn't have as much of a rampage. I like the lack of the top three pokemon: gengar, garchomp, blissey.

I've been using this team, and it's really cool, I really like it. I changed leftovers on Skarmory for Shed Shell though, because otherwise Magnezone screws it over. I also use Blissey over Jirachi, it can take Gengar and can provide Wish Support if you really need it or Aromatherapy/Heal Bell. Sorry for stealing your team, but it's just too awesome ._.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)