Team FIGHT CLUB [UU Peaked #2 1691] A UU Semi-Stall RMT

Introduction: Team FIGHT CLUB

Hey, this is Rofllollmao with another UU RMT. This time, I played under the alias DA_SCARF. I peaked at #2 on the UU Leaderboard, reaching a ranking of 1691. This team aimed for a balance of stall teams and offensive teams. I used Pokemon that could check common offensive threats as well as Pokemon able to stop powerful offensive threats. Because of the Grass-Water-Fire core, I can outplay the opponent through double switching to gain momentum while throwing theirs off.

My team began with what I consider one of the best Froslass counters in UU and an astouding lead, Kabutops, who is able to take out the standard lead Froslass with Waterfall and Aqua Jet. He could also set up Stealth Rocks if the chance is given.

I then knew I wanted something to take the Grass and Electric moves aimed at Kabutops. Generally, teams are also very solid if they have the Fire-Grass-Water core. So, hopping on the bandwagon I chose Venusaur as my next Pokemon. I decided on an SDVenasaur instead of the classic Scarfsaur everyone was running at the time.

Next, I wanted some type of fire type to complete the Grass-Water-Fire trio. I dislike that most fire types are weak to Stealth Rocks, so I chose one that can switch into Stealth Rocks a little easier. I slapped a Choice Scarf on Blaziken and it became my Will-O-Wisp absorber as well as revenge killer.

I soon realized that I had nothing to take Earthquakes on my team. I decided to add a RestTalk Milotic, being able to take Earthquakes from Rhyperior and deliver a swift KO.

I decided I needed something to stop the popular LO Moltres if somehow Milotic and Blaziken were not alive to kill it. I also wanted a ghost so that I could block Rapid Spin. I also needed a solid Pokemon to switch into Earthquakes. Rotom was the perfect choice. Sitting at 91 base speed, I could outspeed all Modest LO Moltres and revenge them with Thunderbolt. The Rotom set I use is a custom one that I've formed to fit my team. It can get rid of Bulky Waters as well as spread status around the opponent's team.

My team seemed complete, checking many threats as well as being able to play offensively. I really didn't know what to put in the last slot. I wanted some type sweeper that could also support the team. I decided on a MonoAttack Altaria.

My team was seemingly complete. It was able maintain a strong offensive presence, while still being able to slow the momentum of the opponent with defensive Pokemon. I realized that Altaria simply wasn't doing enough damage, and wasn't bulky enough or fast enough to support the team. My friend recommended me the perfect Pokemon, that did exactly what Altaria did, only much better. This last Pokemon was the glue to my team.

My team was now perfect, it no longer feared status because of Heal Bell on Miltank and my team had no trouble removing Steels/Rocks allowing my Miltank to Curse freely towards the late-game. My team had good typing balance, Stealth Rock support, Sleep support, Burn support even Toxic support. It maintained a strong offensive core of Venusur, Blaziken, Kabutops. As well as a strong defensive core of Rotom, Milotic, Miltank, Venusaur.

Kabutops (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Role:
This Kabutops is an excellent lead. It destroys the standard Froslass lead through a combination of Waterfall and Aquajet. It's main purpose is to destroy the opponents lead or set up Stealth Rocks. In some rare situations I may be able to do both. Here we will see how I deal with every lead I've encountered.
Alakazam: I will Waterfall to see if they Trick or Encore or Sub. If he Tricks or Encores me, I will continue to Waterfall and see what he switches into. Often they go into something with Water Absorb such as Toxicroak and attempt to set up. The rest of my team handles these switch ins while taking little to no damage.
Ambipom: I will immediately switch to Rotom to take the Fake Out and spam Thunderbolt as they Taunt. An Ambipom running Silk Scarf and Pursuit will never 2HKO my Rotom factoring in Leftovers. However a LO Ambipom with Payback will 2HKO my Rotom. If it is a LO Variant I will switch to Blaziken on the second Payback and KO with Superpower or Flareblitz.
Arcanine: I will Stone Edge, bringing them down to 30-40%. HP Grass and Extreme Speed won't KO me unless they invest much more than they should in Special Attack. This allows me to Waterfall or Aqua Jet to finish the Arcanine off.
Dugtrio: I will Waterfall as they Earthquake, we will both be at 1% holding onto our Focus Sash. I will Stealth Rock as he Sucker Punches, predicting my Aqua Jet. I will then die to Sucker Punch, switch into anything else and finish it.
Hariyama: Most Lead Hariyama variants are Guts type with some type of status orb. As they Protect to activate Guts, I will Stealth Rock. They will Close Combat me as I Waterfall. I am down to 1%, they Bullet Punch, but I outspeed and Aqua Jet. Because of the defense drop of Close Combat I can usually bring them down to 20-30%. If they decided to Close Combat straight from the start, Aqua Jet is still able to chip at their health allowing something else on my team to finish it.
Houndoom: I will Stealth Rock as they Counter. Waterfall as they Counter again and die to Sucker Punch. Then switch into something and finish the job. Or I can set up Stealth Rock, switch into Milotic and Surf, keeping my Kabutops alive.
Kabutops: Against other Kabutops, I will Stealth Rock as my first move and just Waterfall/Stone Edge depending on how lucky I feel. I simply want to break the Focus Sash.
Moltres: I will Stealth Rock as my first move to scout out their set. If they are Scarf, I will switch to Venasaur to take the HP Grass. If they are LO, I will Aqua Jet bringing them down to 50-60% factoring in 2 turns of LO recoil.
Omastar: The monstrous defense of Omastar stops me from dealing too much damage to it. I will usually set up Stealth Rocks and switch to Venusaur and sleep it, preventing further set up.
Rhyperior: I have the choice to set up Stealth Rocks and then Waterfall or just Waterfall twice to break the Focus Sash then kill them.
Swellow/Scyther: These will immediately U-Turn fearing any damage from any of my attacks. Gives me a chance to set up Stealth Rocks. As long as I keep the Stealth Rocks up, Scyther and Swellow can't do too much.
Uxie: My main goal is to set up Stealth Rocks and chip at their health so that they can't come back during the mid game and stop my other sweepers. They'll usually just Stealth Rock then Thunder Wave. If the Trick me and I'm locked into Stealth Rocks, I'll switch out. If I'm locked into an attack I'll continue to attack until they switch.
Venusaur/Jumpluff: I'll Stone Edge and hope the Sleep Powder doesn't hit me. I just take the Sleep with Kabutops and go into my own Venusaur after.

Moves and EVs: Waterfall and Stone Edge are my obligatory STAB moves. They hit very hard and give decent coverage. Stealth Rocks is my only entry hazard, used to keep flying threats at bay. Aqua Jet is my priority move and is used to finish off those Froslass after a Waterfall. I opted for an Adamant nature because a Jolly nature doesn't have a 100% chance of killing the standard Froslass lead with Waterfall and Aqua Jet. The 252/252 EVs in attack and speed are standard, the other 4 don't really matter.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP/136 Def/120 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink

Role:
Miltank is my cleric and serves as a wall, as well as a set-up sweeper. Because of Miltank my team doesn't fear status. I usually use Miltank to absorb sleep for my team allowing other Pokemon to set up or switch in freely. I use Body Slam to spread Paralysis if necessary. Once Rocks and Steels have been removed by the rest of my team Scrappy Body Slam is able to run through teams after a single Curse.

Moveset and EVs:
The moveset is pretty typical. A reovery move in Milk Drink. A status heal in Heal Bell. An attack in Body Slam. A set-up move in Curse. Put them together and you have a nearly untouchable cow. The EVs were to maximize health while splitting the rest into our defenses. Miltank doesn't care about speed because it'll be using Curse eventually.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 154 HP/176 Def/32 Spd/144 SAtk/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Description: Milotic is my primary wall, able to wall physical threats like no tomorrow using Rest to activate Marvel Scale. Milotic is able to stall nearly everything once Venasaur and Toxicroak are removed. I use Miltank to tank the Sleep from Venasaur. Toxicroak can attempt to Sword Dance, but I'll switch in Rotom and Will-O-Wisp it or Substitute as it tries to Sucker Punch. I keep Milotic healthy so that it can switch into mid-game LO Moltres or Rhyperior and deliver a KO with Surf. Milotic lures Electric and Grass moves giving an easy switch into Venasaur.

Moveset and EVs: The EVs look very random but they serve a purpose. The 32 Speed EVs are to outspeed the typical 4-16 that people run. The 144 Special Attack EVs are so that I was able to break Raikou and Mismagius' Substitute even after a Calm Mind. People also don't expect a wall to hit so hard, so that is also a surprise factor. The HP and Defense EV were split with 176 in Defense because I read that was a magic number for Defense EVs or something. Surf is my obligatory STAB move and Toxic is if I'm predicting a switch into something to take my Surf such as Mismagius, Raikou, Leafeon etc. Rest SleepTalk is to prolong my staying power. I can also Rest and use Miltank to cure my team of status.

Venusaur (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Power Whip

Description: My Venusar finds many opportunities to switch in because Milotic baits Electric and Grass moves. From there I can put the switch to sleep, or Swords Dance just to scout the switch. Sword Dance Venusaur is a very powerful sweeper, sadly it is walled by, Altaria, Weezing, Moltres. It is able to beat Weezing if you are able to put it to Sleep and get 3 Sword Dances in all. Physical Venasaur also 2HKOs other offensive Venasuars with a +2 Earthquake. A +2 Power Whip also 1HKOs Clefables hoping to switch in and Encore me. Venasaur can remove Steel and Rock Pokemon using Earthquake allowing my Curse Miltank to sweep in the end game. Physical Venasaur also baits Will-O-Wisp which gives Blaziken a free switch in.

Moveset and EVs:
I ran the typical 252 Attack and 252 Speed EVs. I chose Black Sludge over Leftovers to screw with Trick users. I ran a Jolly nature to make sure I outspeed or atleast speed tie with other Base 80s. Power Whip is a very strong STAB. Earthquake compliments Grass fairly well, and removes the Fire and Steel types that Grass moves cannot hit. Sadly, flying types wall these 2 moves. Sleep Powder is to put a counter to sleep and give me time to use Sword Dance to boost my attack.

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 144 HP/64 Def/252 Spd/48 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Description:
Rotom is my fighting immune,ground immune and normal immune Pokemon. He also is another way for me to revenge the popular LO Moltres. I can switch him in on fighting and ground moves, set up and Substitute and proceed to Burn the switch in. Rotom is also an amazing Rapid Spin blocker. Thunderbolt eliminates Blastoise. I can switch to Venasaur on the Foresight from Hitmontop and Sleep Powder it. I can burn Donphans and they will range between 24-26% using Assurance. This Rotom also walls Hitmontops very effectively, it is essentially a free switch. Rotom also eliminates Bulky Waters through the use of Thunderbolt. Rotom also walls the steels of UU and can burn yhem

Moveset and EVs: This Rotom was EV'd to take 2 Pursuits from Lead Ambipom factoring in Leftovers. I ran max speed to outrun all types of Moltres, barring Choice Scarf. The rest was placed in Special Attack. Substitute is to scout the opponent's switch and to avoid status moves. Pain Split is for recovery, it is fairly reliable as I can Substitute to lower my health then Pain Split to heal myself. Thunderbolt is for STAB and allows me to remove Bulky Waters. Will-O-Wisp stops physical attackers cold, allowing me to switch in Miltank and set up Curse or Heal Bell my team.

Blaziken (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Rock Slide

Description:
Blaziken is my revenge killer and a sweeper of his own. He lures Bulky Waters for Venusaur to switch in on. He hits very hard and outruns everything in UU that doesn't have a Choice Scarf. He can eliminate Registeel and other Steel/Rock Pokemon which clears the way for a Curse sweep from Miltank. He is my main Grass Pokemon killer and I usually have to play him conservatively so that I am not walled by Venusaur in the late game.
There is always that great surprise factor when I switch him into a Mismagius or Dugtrio and they think they can set up or KO and I just Flare Blitz as Mismagius attempts to Calm Mind behind her Substitute, only realizing that I'm faster when it's too late.

Moveset and EVs: I ran the typical 252/252 that most Choice Pokeman run. I ran a Jolly Nature to ensure that I outspeed all of UU and tie with other Choice Scarf Base 80s. Flare Blitz and Superpower are my powerful STAB moves that allow me to remove Steel, Rock and Grass Pokemon. I ran Rock Slide to kill Articuno, Altaria and Moltres. I ran Quick Attack so that I could outspeed Swellow and not have to take damage as I revenge it. Quick Attack has also proved very useful in situations where the opponent ran Sucker Punch.

Defensive Threats

Blastoise - Thunderbolt from Rotom handles Blastoise easily while also blocking Rapid Spin, I can also use Venasaur to take the Toxic or Surf and set up Sword Dance.

Chansey - Superpower from Blaziken handles this, I can also use Venasaur to Sleep Powder and set up Sword Dance.

Claydol - I can use Venasaur to sleep and Sword Dance or Milotic to Surf it.

Cloyster - I can use Venasaur to sleep and Sword Dance or
switch to Rotom to block the Rapid Spin and Thunderbolt it.
Cradily - I can use Venasaur to sleep and Sword Dance, burn it with Rotom, Superpower with Blaziken. Curse is handled through Sleep Powder and Sword Dance from Venasaur. All other sets can be dealt with using the rest of the team.

Donphan - I can use Milotic to Surf and KO it. I can use Venusaur to sleep and Sword Dance. I can switch into Rotom to block the Rapid Spin and Will-O-Wisp it, then switch into Milotic on the Assurance and force it out with Surf.

Mesprit - I usually Sleep Powder, or inflict some type of status on it to slowly damage them. Once they are in KO range of Flare Blitz, I will switch in Blaziken and KO it.

Milotic - I can switch in Venasaur to sleep it and set up Sword Dance, I can also use Rotom to force it out with Thunderbolt. My own Milotic can also Toxic it.
Nidoqueen - I can force it out with Surf from Milotic, I can also sleep it with Venasaur and set up Sword Dance. Venasaur makes any Toxic Spikes efforts futile.

Quagsire - Venasaur

Regirock - I can use Milotic to force it out with Surf, I can also switch to Rotom and Substitute as they try to status me. I can use Rotom to burn the Regirock and stall out the burn as I thunderbolt. Venasaur can also sleep and set up Sword Dance.

Registeel - I switch Rotom in on these once I know they are not going to status, I set up a Substitute and burn them. They will fail to break my Substitute in 3 hits. I spam Thunderbolt in the meantime. Venasaur can also sleep and Sword Dance.

Rotom - If it's a status variant, I switch to Blaziken on the Will-O-Wisp and Flare Blitz for the KO. If it is an attacking type, I usually use Venasaur to hit it with Power Whip, if it kills Venasaur, I go into Blaziken and revenge it.

Slowbro - Venasaur kills it easy, I must beware of Psychic though.
Spiritomb - If it is a Spiritomb with Pursuit I can burn it with Rotom and force it out or kill it with Thunderbolt. If it is a Crotomb, I will Sleep it with Venasaur, set up Sword Dances and kill it.

Umbreon - Curse Variants I can use Miltank to Curse against it, Miltank's moves have more PP than Umbreon's (Heal Bell, Milk Drink, Body Slam). I can also Sleep it with Venasaur and Sword Dance and kill it.

Uxie - I usually use status to chip away at its health, once it's in KO range of Flare Blitz. I will go into Blaziken and kill it.

Weezing -
I usually use Rotom or Milotic to force it out with special attacks.

Offensive Threats

Absol - ScarfBlaziken easily revenges.

Alakazam - ScarfBlaziken easily revenges.

Ambipom - Rotom can burn if it doesn't have Taunt, Rotom can also Thunderbolt it for a 2HKO. Milotic can 2HKO with Surf. ScarfBlaziken revenges. Miltank can also set up Curse on it.

Arcanine - Go into Milotic to Surf/Toxic the switch. Rotom can also use Thunderbolt from behind a Substitute. Miltank can also set up Curse on it.

Azumarill - Venasaur easily handles it. Choice variants are handled by Milotic and Rotom. Milotic takes the Water and Ice as Rotom takes the Double Edge or Superpower.

Blaziken - Most will be mixed and my own Scarfken will KO with Superpower.

Drapion - Sleep it and set up Sword Dance and kill it with Venasaur or revenge it with Blaziken.

Feraligatr - Go into Rotom and Thunderbolt, if it gets 1 DD it can often be problematic. I can deal with it using Toxic from Milotic and switching into Rotom on the Earthquake and into Milotic on the Waterfall/Ice Punch. Miltank can also set up Curse against it.
Froslass - Kabutops handles the lead Variants easily. ScarfBlaziken 1HKOs any Froslass.

Hariyama - Not much of a threat, usually seen in the lead position where it is weakened by Kabutops and finished by Rotom.

Hitmonlee - Go into Rotom on the predicted fighting moves, proceed to burn and Substitute.

Hitmontop - Go into Rotom on the fighting move or Rapid Spin. Switch to Venasaur on the Foresight and Sleep it. Burn it with Rotom and Substitute as Bullet Punch fails to break my Substitutes.

Houndoom - Immediately switch to Milotic and Surf it out. Revenge killed by Blaziken.

Kabutops - Under rain it can be problematic, but Rain Dance teams will be wary of setting up Rain because I have my own Kabutops.

Kangaskhan
- Blaziken can KO and Venasaur if it's slightly weakened,
I can set up Curse on Miltank.

Leafeon - Dealt with by ScarfKen.

Magmortar - I can usually sacrafice my lead or some other Pokemon to scout the set and then go into Blaziken and KO it.

Mismagius - ScarfBlaziken switches in on the sub, they think they're faster they proceed to CM while I Flareblitz and are forced out or killed.

Moltres -
I can revenge it with ScarfBlaziken and Rotom, a healthy Milotic stops Moltres cold.

Omastar - Go into Venasaur and Sleep and proceed to set up Sword Dance.
Raikou - I immediately bring in Venasaur and threaten it with Earthquake, Venasaur can take +1 HP Ice from SubCM variants and break the Substitute. LO variants are dealt with as soon as they hit 82% where Blaziken can revenge it.

Rhyperior - Venasaur can sleep and set up Sword Dance. Milotic can switch in on Earthquakes and Stone Edge and KO with Surf. Curse Miltank can set up on it as long as it doesn't have Sword Dance.

Scyther - Blaziken revenges it. Stealth Rocks rapes it. Milotic can take +2 attacks and Surf it.

Swellow - Blaziken revenges it. Rotom walls it. Kabutops walls it. Stealth Rocks rapes it.
Curse Miltank sets up on it.

Torterra - Blaziken revenges it, Curse Miltank sets up on it.
Rotom can burn it.
Venusaur - Use Miltank to tank the Sleep. Go into my own Venusaur to sleep it and set up Sword Dance. Blaziken revenges it. Curse Miltank can set up on physical variants. Rotom can burn it and slowly wear it down.
Team Styles:

Rain Dance - These are very easy to deal with because the lead will be reluctant to set up Rain Dance because this allows my Kabutops to sweep with 8 turns of Rain backed up by a Focus Sash.

Stall - Stall is rarely a problem. I can usually Sleep their main Roar/Hazer and set up Curse on Miltank. Rotom also kills their Bulky Water. Venusaur can also sleep a Pokemon, set up Sword Dance and run through stall.
Sandstorm - Cradily and Cacturne are the most annoying things on Sandstorm. Neither are unkillable though. Cradily is dealt with through sleep and setting up Sword Dance from Venusaur. Cacturne is dealt with by Flare Blitz or Quick Attack (To bypass Sucker Punch) and break the Substitute and let Venusaur sleep it or kill it.

Offense - Venusaur, Milotic, Miltank and Rotom check offensive threats very well.

nice team and congrats. i was running around the same team, but now i finally see what i lacked, -__-; after you posting your ScarfBlaziken!

Yo.

Pretty nice team, I only have a few things to say. You have major problems with Nasty Plot Toxicroak, Alakazam and Drapion. Toxicroak is especially deadly because it can switch in on Milotic without Ice Beam very easily. The other thing I noticed is that you have nothing to combat stall. You have no spinner and none of your pokes have the power to break through them. Blaziken could have attempted this but you have it as a revenge killer, and there's no way a Scarf Blaziken is going to help you with stall.

You can do a number of things. To better combat Alakazam and Toxicroak, you can add Spiritomb over Rotom. I'd use the CB set. This is what I use.

Spiritomb(?)@Choice Band
Nature:Adamant
Ability:Pressure
Ev's:252HP/252Atk/4Spe
-Trick
-Sucker Punch
-Pursuit
-Return/Shadow Sneak

Pretty basic CBtomb, but I use Return to hit things like Toxicroak, Hariyama and Houndoom harder then Shadow Sneak would. Trick could also cripple something (especially useful for stall). Pursuit helps deal with Alakazam, Mismagius, and Rotom, as these pokes can cause quite a bit of damage to your team.

If you decide not to use this Spiritomb, I recommend making Rotom your Scarfer and making Blaziken either a Swords Dance sweeper or using the standard wall breaker set. Rotom can also Trick its Scarf after the threat of a faster poke is gone.

Milotic NEEDS Hidden Power Grass or else Feraligatr, Poliwrath and Azumarill will have a field day. I recommend using Calm with 252HP/192Def/8Spe/56SpD ev's. Calm with 56 ev's ensures Modest Moltres can't 2HKO you with Hidden Power Grass after SR. 8 speed outspeeds max speed Adamant Aggron and the rest is put into Defense. If you want more Speed or Special Attack, take it from Defense.

This is all for now. Good luck with the team!

Thanks Brand New Eyes. I really appreciate the amazing rate. Usually my team has enough momentum to play against stall, although that is the type of team that I have the most trouble against.
I really like the Milotic set you suggested, but I'm really stubborn about the Milotic I have. I'll give yours a try!
Yes, I've had troubles with NP Toxicroak. But, I've usually been able to play around it.
I don't really know where to but Bandtomb. I think the best thing to do is Scarf my Rotom and use SDKen which doesn't hurt my team TOO much. Although, I'll definately miss the Rotom set I made. I'll give it a try, thanks again.

Congrats on the achievement. I have had the pleasure of watching a number of your matches and was always interested to see how you do. However as Thund mentioned stall seems to be an issue. I am not sure if replacing scarf ken with SD ken is the way to go as Scarf ken significantly plays a role in your synergy and surprise and also packs more of a punch then many other scarfers. In other news you could try discharge over t-bolt on rotom to get the chance of paralyzing something. Furthermore rapid spin on kabutops might be helpful as omnistar who can set up hazards on milo, kabutops, and to an extent miltank will be on the rise.

I can't really give this much of a rate because I'm absolutely clueless about what to do. Though, I do like Thund's suggestions, but I know from experience that your rotom is hella annoying and even worse when you're trying to kill it.

With scarf rotom you'll have a better chance against stall and a faster revenge killer. SD blaziken will help you rip through it and can help against bulky waters...ironically.

Congrats on the ranking too!

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP/136 Def/120 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink

Role:
Miltank is my cleric and serves as a wall, as well as a set-up sweeper. Because of Miltank my team doesn't fear status. I usually use Miltank to absorb sleep for my team allowing other Pokemon to set up or switch in freely. I use Body Slam to spread Paralysis if necessary. Once Rocks and Steels have been removed by the rest of my team Scrappy Body Slam is able to run through teams after a single Curse.

Moveset and EVs:
The moveset is pretty typical. A reovery move in Milk Drink. A status heal in Heal Bell. An attack in Body Slam. A set-up move in Curse. Put them together and you have a nearly untouchable cow. The EVs were to maximize health while splitting the rest into our defenses. Miltank doesn't care about speed because it'll be using Curse eventually.
Why do you use Miltank to absorb sleep when you have a Rest Talker in Milotic? Miltank is dead weight when it's asleep, whereas Milotic isn't, and Miltank can even use Heal Bell to wake Milotic up, which Milotic can't do, so...?

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Very nice team you have here! I just have one minor suggestion that I think you may have overlooked: Vacuum Wave over Quick Attack on your Blaziken.

I know you're thinking, "Why?" Well even with Jolly and no SATK investment, Vacuum Wave is actually stronger than a Quick Attack from neutral 252 ATK Blaziken due to STAB. It also has much better type coverage than Quick Attack with the potential for super-effective damage on STAB Sucker Punch users (like Absol).

Why do you use Miltank to absorb sleep when you have a Rest Talker in Milotic? Miltank is dead weight when it's asleep, whereas Milotic isn't, and Miltank can even use Heal Bell to wake Milotic up, which Milotic can't do, so...?
I'd rather not risk my Milotic to take the sleep because it's a key part of my defensive core. Sleep is also usually coming from Venusaur which can 1HKO Milotic with Leaf Storm. I don't want to play with chance using Sleep Talk from Milotic. Miltank is usually what I use to absorb it so that my other Pokemon can play freely knowing that Sleep clause is in effect.

How do you call this a semi-stall team without Spikes lol? Get rid of Kabutops for something like Omastar. Froslass is gone now anyway, and Omastar ranks up well against most leads of the metagame barring like Moltres and probably a few others I'm forgetting. I guess you can run SR and Spikes on Omastar, though I'd much rather like Miltank having Stealth Rock.

I don't really see the Toxicroak weakness unless they are running Vacuum Wave, which I thought was becoming out of style (correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought NP + 3 attacks was the way Toxicroak was starting to lean). Blaziken can always revenge-kill anyway, and there's no need to change Blaziken to a SD or Mixed variant if you just add Spikes to your team to actually make it threatening to stall. You already have SD Venusaur as well, perhaps the most threatening thing to stall.

I do see the Alazakam weakness however, so you might want to just beef up Miltank's special defense a bit more, or as Thund suggested just scrap Rotom for Spiritomb.

I do not see the point of you using Resttalk Milotic if you're not even using it properly lol. Come on, you don't want to rely on Sleep Talk, yet you're running the Sleep Talk set....that's like one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. On top of that, you have Heal Bell support from Miltank, so why does it matter whatever gets slept or burnt or whatever? Ditch the Resttalk Milotic set for just the standard Surf / Recover / Haze / HP Grass or Ice Beam. In your team's case, its probably better to go HP Grass because you have no other real way of dealing with boosting Water-types like Feraligatr.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi,

This is obviously a very solid team, as seen with your CRE. However, bulky water-type sweepers are huge threats to this team, and hence I second changing Milotic's moveset to the standard Surf/ Recover/ Haze/ HP Grass. This allows you to beat them with HP Grass while hazing away Feraligatr's boosts.

NP Toxicroak is a very big threat to this team, especially Vacuum Wave versions. Thund's suggestion of a CB Spiritomb over Rotom is pretty solid, I recommend taking it.

Also, as ToF suggested, Omastar is a much better lead for this kind of team. This allows you to take advantage of Spiritomb as a spin blocker, and puts pressure on Stall teams with Spikes. At present, you're pretty Stall weak as well:

Omastar@Leftovers
252 HP, 176 Def, 80 Sp. Def
Bold
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Surf
- HP Rock/ Ice Beam

Also, try out Life Orb over Black Sludge on Venusaur. Venusaur really appreciates the power boost, and can single-handedly demolish stall teams.

Other than that, this is a good team, well done and gl.

How do you call this a semi-stall team without Spikes lol? Get rid of Kabutops for something like Omastar. Froslass is gone now anyway, and Omastar ranks up well against most leads of the metagame barring like Moltres and probably a few others I'm forgetting. I guess you can run SR and Spikes on Omastar, though I'd much rather like Miltank having Stealth Rock.

I don't really see the Toxicroak weakness unless they are running Vacuum Wave, which I thought was becoming out of style (correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought NP + 3 attacks was the way Toxicroak was starting to lean). Blaziken can always revenge-kill anyway, and there's no need to change Blaziken to a SD or Mixed variant if you just add Spikes to your team to actually make it threatening to stall. You already have SD Venusaur as well, perhaps the most threatening thing to stall.

I do see the Alazakam weakness however, so you might want to just beef up Miltank's special defense a bit more, or as Thund suggested just scrap Rotom for Spiritomb.

I do not see the point of you using Resttalk Milotic if you're not even using it properly lol. Come on, you don't want to rely on Sleep Talk, yet you're running the Sleep Talk set....that's like one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. On top of that, you have Heal Bell support from Miltank, so why does it matter whatever gets slept or burnt or whatever? Ditch the Resttalk Milotic set for just the standard Surf / Recover / Haze / HP Grass or Ice Beam. In your team's case, its probably better to go HP Grass because you have no other real way of dealing with boosting Water-types like Feraligatr.
Regarding RestTalk Milotic, I don't want to rely on using RestTalk while under opponents sleep because it is random. However with rest, I know that I will sleep for 2 turns and will still be able to move for those 2 turns.

Anyways, I've tried the HazeMilotic before and it has worked, I may consider changing it back.

Regarding my Toxicroak weakness, I dislike the idea of switching Rotom for Spiritomb (Just because burn stops physical attackers oh so well, and this Rotom has won me so many games). Rotom checks the SD Toxicroak and can Thunderbolt the NP variants allowing Blaziken to revenge.

I've also tried Omastar lead, I guess I was just wrong to call it Semi-Stall. I prefer the physical power Kabutops brings to this team.

Edit: After running a few more tests, I've changed my Milotic to the one Brand New Eyes suggested, big thanks to him.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sorry for the delay on the rate dude. Anyway on to the rate:

I haven't got much to say but:
-Blaziken wants T-punch. 2 already 2HKO all Moltres who attempt to switch in, and with T-punch you aren't complete fodder for Slowbro/Slowking who hard wall you.

-I definetely recommend Omastar over Kabutops as your lead. The added spikes damage can really make add the pressure to opposing teams.

(Congrats on the number 2 btw)

Froslass is no longer a threat, as stated before, so you might want to switch to Omastar so you aren't slaughtered by Ambipom (Ambipom was 2nd biggest lead in UU before Froslass left, not sure about what it is now). Low kick decimates Kabutops, so Omastar is a better choice.

I don't think low kick does all that much to Kabutops he is pretty light.

Scarf-Great team. You asked me for a rate on shoddy but I am having such a trouble on deciding what to change without killing the team. My problem with the omnistar lead is that it leaves you open to be spiked on. With no rapid spinner yourself that puts you between a rock and a hard place. I do like switching your milotic out for the one Thund suggested as you have tank to heal status which allows milo to run recover and another move.

If I think of anything I will add onto this post.

Quick Attack is not very impressive with Scarf Blaziken, it does 24.1% - 28.7% to Swellow, meaning it will just OHKO you anyway so you're much better off running another coverage move or even something like Toxic to get rid of Slowbro, Slowking, or Milotic.

Quick Attack is not very impressive with Scarf Blaziken, it does 24.1% - 28.7% to Swellow, meaning it will just OHKO you anyway so you're much better off running another coverage move or even something like Toxic to get rid of Slowbro, Slowking, or Milotic.
Its mainly to keep up with Swellow and Scarf Scythers, I do see your point though. It's also used to bypass Sucker Punch from Houndoom, Absol and Toxicroak once they realize I'm scarfed.
Edit: Omastar lead is really the natural anti-lead to Kabutops. Kabutops can't really do anything but Spin against it. Against them I'll usually immediately go to Venusaur to stop further set up.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Its mainly to keep up with Swellow and Scarf Scythers, I do see your point though. It's also used to bypass Sucker Punch from Houndoom, Absol and Toxicroak once they realize I'm scarfed.
Edit: Omastar lead is really the natural anti-lead to Kabutops. Kabutops can't really do anything but Spin against it. Against them I'll usually immediately go to Venusaur to stop further set up.
But unless you are a low HP, sucker punch isn't doing much do too the resistance. If you really wanted priority you could run something like Vacuum wave, but your better off sticking to something like Toxic for bulky waters. (Heysup's recommendation basically)

Yeah, I'm considering running Tpunch/Nightslash or something in that spot. I don't know though.
Might add Rapid Spin to Kabutops since that might help me against stall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)