Team HaxZard

INTRODUCTION
this is a team i like to call team HaxZard
the reason for the name is because
this team utilizes all entry hazards (spikes, toxic spikes, stealth rock)
sand stream whirlwind/roar and the flinching capabilites of both jirachi and togekiss

Smeargle (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd/6 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spore
- Rapid Spin
- Destiny Bond

smeargle is my lead i chose him because of all the pokemon i tried he was the one that worked best with the other members he uses spore to put the enemy lead to sleep then uses toxic spike on the switch/while enemy lead is sleeping and he also has rapid spin so he can get rid of entry hazards and he is also my only hope of getting rid of tormentran once its set up
---

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Trick
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Fire Punch

jirachi is my main sweeper here i only send him out after all entry hazards have been set and all threats are taken care his main job is just flinching opponents till they die i chose to run trick on this set because most of the time jirachi is my only pokemon left and sometimes gets to dangerous to just rely on flinchax

---

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere

togekiss is the pokemon i use to support jirachi with i use him to paralyze threats like rotom and gyarados and is also used for dealing with weakened foes it has aura sphere for tyranitar and other steel/rock types who otherwise walls him and roost is just there to make sure he lasts longer i switch him in when i think my opponent is about to switch then he uses thunder wave he is very useful for breaking physical walls since jirachi and togekiss are my only 2 pokemon that can actually attack i say that they compliment each other pretty well
---

Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 104 HP/252 Def/152 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect
- Pain Split

dusknoir is one of my key pokemon here he is used to block rapid spins and cripple physical sweepers like lucario and scizor he is also used to switch in to heatran and spam pain split and protect and sometimes i use him to block fighting type moves directed at smeargle/jirachi he is also my only special wall which i thought was necesarry because almost all of my other pokemon are weak on the special side and i sometimes use him to deal with vaporeon and suicune who my other pokemon seem to have a bit of trouble with
---

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

skarmory is here to set up spikes and PHaze opponent so they would take damage from entry hazards it has brave bird for STAB and roost to make sure it lasts i also use him to switch on blisseys who run a toxic set he is also my initial switch-in on scarved pokemon that is using a ground type move and skarmpory also functions as a great physical wall
---

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Def/252 SDef
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Slack Off

it was a hard descision between tyranitar and hippowdon but in the end i chose hippowdon over tyranitar hippowdon has bassically the same role as skarmory except that he has stealth rock which makes his job easier because it is only used once and his other role is to activate sand stream because as you can see all of my pokemon can deal with sandstorms in their own way (leftovers, recovery moves, steel typing and like skarmory he also functions as a physical wall i send him in whenever my opponent directs a fire type attack on skarmory or when they are trying to paralyze my sweepers although he has no attack moves he functions really well when i get to set up substitute with him it makes PHazing alot easier and slack off allows him to recover HP

---

why cant i edit my first post?

i forgot to change the picture of tyranitar when i put hippowdon back in the team D:

i have had a bit of trouble with special/mixed sweepers can you tell me an effective way to deal with then with my current team?

(i cant replace anyone with anything else ive tried doing that but i always end up with these pokemon)

I like the overall idea of the team, but a few things could still be improved.

Smeargle (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd/6 SDef
- Toxic Spikes
- Spore
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

smeargle is my lead i chose him because of all the pokemon i tried he was the one that worked best with the other members he uses spore to put the enemy lead to sleep then uses toxic spike on the switch/while enemy lead is sleeping and he also has rapid spin so he can get rid of entry hazards
Recover is useless on something as frail as Smeargle. I kind of like your idea of using Smeargle as a makeshift rapid spinner, but you'll still find yourself having a hard time switching him into an attack. But since entry hazards don't seem to be all that crippling to your team, I guess that isn't such a big deal. For a lead Smeargle, you'd be better off with a focus sash, because again, Smeargle is incredibly frail, even with 252 HP EVs. You can then play around with the moves a bit, adding in things like endeavor, extremespeed, destiny bond, counter, u-turn, protect, magic coat, etc. He can learn any move in the entire game, so it would be kind of a waste to give him recover.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Trick
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

jirachi is my main sweeper here i only send him out after all entry hazards have been set and all threats are taken care his main job is just flinching opponents till they die i chose to run trick on this set because most of the time jirachi is my only pokemon left and sometimes gets to dangerous to just rely on flinchax

with choice scarf jirachi can outspeed almost any pokemon especially with paralysis support from togekiss
Nothing wrong here; it's a pretty standard (and annoying) Jirachi. Your statement of Jirachi being able to outspeed any pokemon with paralysis support from Togekiss is kind of stupid. With a choice scarf and max speed EVs, Jirachi can already outspeed just about anything it comes up against. If you plan on relying on paralysis support, you should take some of the speed EVs and put them into HP.

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere

togekiss is the pokemon i use to support jirachi with i use him to paralyze threats like rotom and gyarados and is also used for dealing with weakened foes it has aura sphere for tyranitar and other steel/rock types who otherwise walls him and roost is just there to make sure he lasts longer i switch him in when i think my opponent is about to switch then he uses thunder wave he is very useful for breaking physical walls since jirachi and togekiss are my only 2 pokemon that can actually attack i say that they compliment each other pretty well
The moveset is fine, but the EVs are not. All that speed on a Togekiss with T-Wave is counter-productive. After you paralyze your opponent, you'll almost always outrun it with zero speed investment. You should put more into defenses or special attack. I'd also recommend changing the nature, probably to either bold or calm.

Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 104 HP/252 Def/152 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect
- Pain Split

dusknoir is one of my key pokemon here he is used to block rapid spins and cripple physical sweepers like lucario and scizor he is also used to switch in to heatran and spam pain split and protect and sometimes i use him to block fighting type moves directed at smeargle/jirachi he is also my only special wall which i thought was necesarry because almost all of my other pokemon are weak on the special side and i sometimes use him to deal with vaporeon and suicune who my other pokemon seem to have a bit of trouble with
This seems pretty good. I'd max its HP EVs, though. With such a low base HP, Dusknoir needs every hit point he can get.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

skarmory is here to set up spikes and PHaze opponent so they would take damage from entry hazards it has brave bird for STAB and roost to make sure it lasts i also use him to switch on blisseys who run a toxic set he is also my initial switch-in on scarved pokemon that is using a ground type move and skarmpory also functions as a great physical wall
Looks good to me.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Def/252 SDef
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

hippowdon has bassically the same role as skarmory except that he has stealth rock which makes his job easier because it is only used once and his other role is to activate sand stream because as you can see all of my pokemon can deal with sandstorms in their own way (leftovers, recovery moves, steel typing and like skarmory he also functions as a physical wall i send him in whenever my opponent directs a fire type attack on skarmory or when they are trying to paralyze my sweepers
You should give this guy at least some HP EVs. HP investment helps you take attacks from both ends of the damage spectrum, so you don't need to dump all your EVs into both Def and SpDef.

Actually, I'd recommend switching this guy with a Tyranitar. First off, T-Tar can do most of the same things as this Hippowdon. He can still set up sand stream and stealth rock, and he can still roar out opponents, but he also gives you a fire resist and a solid means to counter Latias and Rotom. He lacks an instant recovery move, but he gets a SpDef boost with sand stream up. You can make him a sleep talker if you want extra survivability, and just give stealth rock duties to Skarmory.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / rest split amongst Def and SpDef, maybe some Atk
Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
- Crunch
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This would also give you a way to absorb sleep and other kinds of status, which could otherwise cripple your team.

----------------------------------------------------

I see a few other general problems, so I'll put them here. One thing I noticed is that despite the stall feel your team has, it still struggles against some of the more common attackers. Something like Lucario or Scizor can really hurt your team unless you manage to burn them. Lucario can't be flinched and has access to extremespeed, and Scizor also has his extremely powerful bullet punch that bypasses paraflinching. They're also both immune to toxic spikes, so that sucks.

Another thing is you have two weaknesses to fire and no resists, which could be a problem. With no real dedicated special walls, Heatran can mess your team up badly. Togekiss makes a fair counter, I suppose, but if you need him to spread paralysis around you don't want him to go head to head with top threats too often.

Another huge threat is Rotom. With your current team, the only thing that deals super-effective damage to him is Dusknoir, and he certainly won't enjoy taking a shadow ball to the face. Paralyzing him helps, but Rotom resists or is immune to the main attacks from Togekiss, Jirachi, Skarmory, and Hippowdon. His electric attacks crush your team, and if he's carrying Hydro Pump, Blizzard, or Leaf Storm your Hippowdon is a goner.

One last thing is that while your team has an array of useful tools with which to work, it doesn't have any really strong attackers. Jirachi and Togekiss might be able to handle a lot of targets, but they're not going to break through a stall team any time soon. And stall teams usually have ways of bypassing of your team's weapons; rapid spinners, clerics, wish support, trick users, etc.

Other than that, it looks like you could quickly stall out the average team if you just manage to keep your phazers and flinchers alive.

very useful advice missingno i changed smeargle's recover to destiny bond
like you suggested and put focus sash on him but im still not too sure about replacing hippowdon although i have considered t-tar before i just found hippowdon more useful and about togekiss's speed i made it like that to outspeed other togekiss who might want to paralyze jirachi because if i paralyze them first they wont have that much chance to paralyze jirachi

and yes i am experiencing major problems with lucario and scizor although i found a way to deal with heatran

and i was thinking of putting fire punch on jirachi do you think thats a good idea?
(replacing protect)
cause i was thinking if i use trick to a slow pokemon then use wish and then (if im still faster) use iron head to (hopefully) flinch them and get the wish heal

and if it isnt obvious fire punch is to deal with scizor and lucario

was also thinking of moving hippowdon to lead position and replacing smeargle with a special wall tentacruel (who can do both of smeargles main jobs)

Problems with certain Lucarios, Scizor, and Vaporeon/Suicune could be solved my making Rotom-H your spin blocker over Dusknoir. It can use RestTalk to stay alive, and certainly threatens more than noir.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Consider replacing Skarmory's Leftovers with Shed Shell. With Shed Shell, Magnezone cannot simply come in and KO you with a STAB. It's always nice to know that your Spike user won't be taken out by a common Pokemon like Magnezone, so Shed Shell is something to consider.

I suggest you use Rotom-h over Dusknoir. Rotom's Electric-typing with Levitate gives it a advantage over Dusknoir, since it can effectively counter Scizor, Metagross, Scarf Jirachi, Electivire, all of which give Dusknoir a difficult time. What else does Rotom have over Dusknoir? Rotom is faster, has the ability to utilize more powerful attacking moves, has better typing, is immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes unlike Dusknoir, allowing Rotom to survive more, can one or two-hit KO every Rapid Spinner in OU such as Starmie, Forry, Tentacruel, etc, has a better attacking movepool, and has more available status options.

You could try a ResTalk Rotom-h with Rest/Sleep Talk/ Shadow Ball or Reflect/ Thunderbolt, Leftovers, Bold, 252 HP, 120 Defense, 136 SpD. Reflect is primarily for Tyranitar. Since you're setting up Toxic Spikes up with Smeargle, Tyranitar will be poisoned when it comes in on Rotom-h, meaning you'll be unable to burn it with Will-O-Wisp, so Reflect is chosen over Will-O-Wisp for this reason. Reflect still helps against physical attackers while giving your team more bulk. ThunderBolt is over Discharge because the increased power boost from Discharge to Thunderbolt helps to offset the loss of Special Attack EVs, and means you can still do decent damage to Water-types. Rest and Sleep Talk allow Rotom-h to stick around for a while, meaning it will be able to block Rapid Spin longer thanks to recovery. You can use Shadow Ball over Reflect to gain more coverage against the likes of Celebi and opposing Ghost-types. If you want to stick with that hax Pokemon when they are weakened by residual damage thing, you can go crazy and use a Air Slash/Discharge/Confuse Ray/Shadow Ball Rotom-S. That will definitely annoy your opponents. Confuse Ray + Toxic damage from Toxic Spikes will wear down your opponents quickly (adding in Spikes and SR damage too!) Air Slash has a chance to flinch while Discharge can paralyze opponents, making this Rotom-S annoying to face.

As mentioned above, a Sub Rotom with Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp can pose trouble for this team. Thunderbolt makes quick work of Togekiss and Skarmory while Substitute blocks Thunder Wave from Togekiss. Shadow Ball will eventually beat Hippowdon, as you fail to harm it with any of your moves. Rotom beats Jirachi with Thunderbolt while Smeargle cannot do anything to Rotom, and Dusknoir dislikes Will-O-Wisp + Shadow Ball. As said above, Tyranitar is much better on this team than Hippowdon. Not only will it help you against Rotom, however, it'll also give you a much needed Fire resist, meaning you'll handle Heatran better, who currently troubles you. You have a couple of options with Tyranitar. You can use Choice Band for raw power and to destroy when things are paralyzed. You can also use DD to clean up late game when everything is weakened. You could even try a Baoh so Tyranitar doesn't have to worry about Will-O-Wisp. Of course without Hippowdon, you lose your Stealth Rock user, so feel free to move it onto Smeargle. Smeargle makes a great user of Stealth Rock as it can setup reliably most of the time. Try using it over Destiny Bond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)