ORAS OU Team Latias RMT

I have a team based on Mega Latias that has found average success on the latter. It works against most teams, but faces a crippling disadvantage against bulky water types, bulky grass types (ex. Celebi), and often, steel types. The concept behind the team is to take out opposition, in particular dark-type Pokemon, and then set up with Latias. Once Latias is 4x SpA and SpD, Stored Power can demolish pretty much everything provided that the opponent doesn't have a dark type.

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power
Just a simple Stored Power set. Substitute/Roost is used for longevity and safety. CM/Stored Power tears through anything that isn't dark type, including Pokemon that resist Latias otherwise. The EV spread is for bulk, but also speed and utility.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
Keldeo is here to take out opposing dark types. It's just a standard spread. Hydro Pump also has additional wallbreaking utility, and is generally a damaging move. Scald and Icy Wind are there for utility. Essentially, Keldeo is able to take out opposing dark types, and thus contributes to Latias' success.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
Bisharp takes out pesky Ghost types such as Gengar, as well as other psychic types. In addition, its defenses provide adequate coverage for the rest of my mons. Besides that, it's just a standard Bisharp set. Bisharp additionally functions to adequately check fairy mons, such as Clefable, who otherwise pose some sort of threat to Latias.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 12 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
Bulky Starmie has rapid spin utility, and it also revenge kills Mega Venusaur, which is otherwise hard to get through. With Psyshock, I am able to clear Sticky Web, which otherwise completely and totally cripples my team. Scald is there for some additional utility. This allows the most amount of utility for Mega Latias.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
Clefable is my rocks setter and my slightly odd answer to Rotom-W, because it can take Rotom-W's hits and status effects. With Clefable, I am also able to check dragon types like Latios/Latias and Garchomp. In addition, Clefable has limited anti-steel and anti-grass utility with Fire Blast.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn
Landy-T is, in my opinion, the best scarf user in the meta. It functions as a scout as well as a potent revenge killer. With its awesome attack and amazing coverage, Landy-T is able to answer many threats to my team. Moreover, I am able to usually OHKO opposing dark types with Superpower, which helps Mega-Latias greatly.

Last edited:
Hey there! Looks like a good team, but you may want to provide more information for each Pokemon's goal and role in the team in order to have this received in a positive light. Adding sprites, though not needed, helps the users of the RMT easily overlook the entire team quickly. As a quick note, this team is weak to Weavile and Bisharp. The only Pokemon that can take a hit from Weavile is Keldeo, as even Clefable takes about 50% of its health from an Icicle Crash. Bisharp can put in massive work against this team, including Clefable, but does, once again, get sufficiently stopped by Keldeo. Keldeo being such a linchpin of the team's success combined with its unfortunate lack of recovery can lead this team to face disaster rather quickly In my opinion it would be a good idea to trade out Starmie for a Pokemon that fare well against Dark types (since they literally wall Latias to no end) such as Scizor. Scizor can use a bulky Defog set to similar effectiveness while also comfortably taking any move from Weavile and Bisharp and retaliating with massive damage in the form of Bullet Punch and Superpower, respectively. Any way good luck with the team and I hope you can improve it further!

Hey vdogsandman. This isn't a bad RMT and you have a pretty neat team, but looks like it's seen a bit of, uh, neglect on the forum. Aside from Assaltwaffle's suggestions, this thread seems pretty empty. Although it's been a solid four days since your team was posted, I'm going to look into it a little bit; I hope you don't mind. Also, do try to add a bit more to your descriptions a bit in future RMTs.

That being said, here we go!

Your Stored Power MLatias looks pretty nice, but I do like the Smogon standard set a lot better, since it suggests putting 176 EVs in speed and investing the rest into Defense. This way, you can just barely outspeed non-nature boosted, fully invested base 100 speed Pokemon, namely Mega Zards X and Y which can do some serious damage to Latias if you haven't set up yet. The remaining 84 EVs invested into Defense still offers you a decent amount of physical bulk, which seems to be what you're looking for on your Latias.

Keldeo was a great choice to accompany Latias, however, I would suggest a Sub-CM set over the Offensive Leftovers set that you're running. This way, you can still punish Dark types and get off Scald burns while also being able to get a free Substitute on a predicted switch out. Although you lose the Icy Wind coverage for Dragons like Latios and Latias, the rest of your team handles them pretty well anyway. If you're at all concerned about having two Sub-CM special sweepers, you can try out Specs Keldeo, which also fits well on your team. All you will need to do is replace Leftovers with Choice Specs, since you're already running the standard moveset. Specs Keldeo hits incredibly hard on even neutrally resistant Pokemon, so you can heavily punish most incoming switchouts.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

For your Bisharp, I would suggest taking the 52 EVs in SpD and using them to max out Speed, and also giving it a Jolly Nature. This way, you'll be able to smack around commonly non-nature boosted, maximum investment base 80 Speed pokemon like Altaria or Dragonite. The extra bulk in SpD isn't really needed, since Bisharp is already pretty frail specially, and the LO recoil doesn't help either. If you're really concerned about surviving LO Latios's HP Fire (theoretically, you'll see HP Fire latios in about 3% of your battles), you can try running 252 EVs in Speed, 52 in SpD, and the rest in Attack. Running Black Glasses over Life Orb would also be quite beneficial on any of these sets; it will extend the longevity of your Bisharp quite a bit, meaning you will get more opportunities to Sucker Punch and Pursuit in the long run.

Your Starmie set looks fine for the most part, but you should really take those EVs in Def and SpA and invest them into Speed. There's really no reason not to (those few EVs won't do much for you) and there's no point in losing any potential speed ties that might cost you the game. I would at least consider running a SpD Excadrill instead of Starmie. Excadrill looks great for your team because not only does it fulfill almost the same role as your Starmie, it also checks Mega Manectric, which is a real threat to your team. Overheat will always 2HKO, while Flamethrower 3HKOs after Leftovers recovery. Mega Venusaur is already dealt with by your Latias and Landorus to an extent, but if you truly want more, you can change your Starmie from your bulky variant to an offensive variant.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Toxic/Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Your Clefable set looks pretty standard; since you're running Fire Blast I assume there's good reason as to why you're running it over Flamethrower. However, I would like to remind you that Flamethrower is just as good of a coverage move as Fire Blast. It is far more reliable (85% accuracy leaves a lot to be desired) and it's usually enough to scare off the likes of Ferrothorn and SpD Scizor. This one is really your call, since running either can be quite reasonably justified.

One thing I would suggest on your Scarf Landorus is to run Knock Off over Superpower. Since Superpower will almost always force you to switch out, your opponent can take advantage of your stat drops and possibly set up. Running Knock Off will not only allow you to continue putting pressure on your opponent, it will also allow you to remove the items of other Scarf users. If you want, you can also try running a Jolly Nature, since it will allow you to outspeed and KO opposing Adamant 252 Speed Zard Xs at +1, which can almost completely wipe out your team.

Lastly, this is just a little nitpick that I have, whenever you have Special Attackers that aren't running any phyiscal moves, set their Attack IVs all the way down to 0. This way, you can minimize any Foul Play damage and also avoid too much "punch-yourself-in-the-face" damage when you're confused.

Your team looks very neat, and I wish you luck in your future battles!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)