Team Love2Dance

Team Love2Dance:

Changes in red.

Bronzong @ Damp Rock
Levitate - Sassy (252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD)

• Rain Dance
• Hypnosis
• Stealth Rock
• Gyro Ball

The ever popular lead of Smogon. I'm relatively new to using Bronzong, but he is the best lead I've ever had. He usually leads off with Hypnosis and then sets up the field with Stealth Rock and then Rain Dance. If used strategically Gyro Ball is devastating. Of course, he has 0 Spe IVs for optimal power...but should I have 1 or 2 to be faster than an opposing Bronzong?

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Swift Swim - Modest (152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe)

• Rain Dance
• Grass Knot
• Ice Beam
• Surf

This is my special Swift Swim sweeper. Usually Ludicolo comes out pretty early, and has the support of Bronzong's extended Rain Dance. Many people are actually caught off guard by the sweeper set, and many also don't realize the devastating potential of this amazing Ludicolo.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Torrent - Adamant (252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe)

• Swords Dance
• Aqua Jet
• Avalanche
• Earthquake

After seeing this Empoleon being used by someone else, I had to go try it for myself. With it's many resistances it easily finds its way into battle. With a Swords Dance or two and Rain Dance support, this Empoleon is nearly unstoppable.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Dry Skin - Adamant ( 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe)

• Substitute
• Sucker Punch
Stone Edge
• Focus Punch

This is a brand new Pokemon I'm trying use and also a recommendation from a friend. I've had many problems with enemy Snorlax and Empoleon, so I'm hoping Toxicroak could possibly help. However, I'm not too confident with this set. The idea is to set up Substitute and use Sucker Punch on Ghosts and Psychics. I haven't found Taunt very useful yet, and I want a reliable attack anyways. I think I might want to go with Stone Edge for good coverage.

Jirachi @ Damp Rock
Serene Grace - Bold (252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD)

• Rain Dance
• Wish
U-turn
• Thunder

Jirachi can be a good rain dancer. Thunder is great in the rain, especially when it paralyzes (60% chance with Serene Grace). U-turn is used to get me out of tight situations and to scout! Wish helps fellow team mates...if I manage to find the chance.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate - Adamant (216 HP / 16 Atk / 176 Def / 100 Spe)

• Dragon Dance
• Taunt
• Waterfall
• Stone Edge

Due to the popularity of Gyarados, everyone knows what it's going to do. However, still many are surprised by Stone Edge, making it a very good Gyarados counter. Dragon Dance when given the opportunity and then sweep with amazing power. Gyarados also doesn't mind the power boost Waterfall gains from a lingering Rain Dance. Taunt has proven very useful preventing Gyarados from getting statused, and preventing the opponent from powering up. He's also very good physical wall.

Well, there you go. It has been very successful. I miss my Kingdra, but I'll always have her around if I need her again.

3 members are weak to ground, although the other half is immune/resistant. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

If you noticed something that needs improvement, please offer your advice.

I applaud you for using a UU Pokemon in a OU team, that's always nice to see. Speaking of him, If Taunt hasn't really been helping, then go with Swords Dance

Change Jirachi's nature, Impish reduces special attack, which it's using for Thunder. If you're only using thunder for the paralisys chance, then you might as well use Thunder Wave.

Togekiss can Rain Dance, Wish and TW as well, and is resistant to Earthquake, although it can't learn Thunder. (A side note, Dunsparce can do all of these things barring Wish, aside from having average stats. ^^)

Bronzong can't Gyro Ball Gengar leads unless the Bronzong is holding Lum Berry or Hypnosis misses.

Impish->Bold on Jirachi because Impish is (+Def -SpA) while Bold is (+Def -Atk) and this is the EVs for the main set for Rain Dance Jirachi 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD, you can also use Damp Rock.

Toxicroak is fine, seeing as it works well in Rain Dance teams and can SubPunch Snorlax and Empoleon.

I applaud you for using a UU Pokemon in a OU team, that's always nice to see. Speaking of him, If Taunt hasn't really been helping, then go with Swords Dance

Change Jirachi's nature, Impish reduces special attack, which it's using for Thunder. If you're only using thunder for the paralisys chance, then you might as well use Thunder Wave.

Togekiss can Rain Dance, Wish and TW as well, and is resistant to Earthquake, although it can't learn Thunder. (A side note, Dunsparce can do all of these things barring Wish, aside from having average stats. ^^)
Thanks, I think Swords Dance is a good idea. Do you think the EV distribution for Toxicroak is good?

Good point about Jirachi. I think Jirachi needs a little more focus on his special attacking ability. That said, would Water Pulse prove more useful than U-turn? Togekiss (and Dunsparce) sounds really interesting. However, I think I would prefer being 3x weak to ground, than 3x weak to electric. Thanks you very much for your input. ^_^

Bronzong can't Gyro Ball Gengar leads unless the Bronzong is holding Lum Berry or Hypnosis misses.

Impish->Bold on Jirachi because Impish is (+Def -SpA) while Bold is (+Def -Atk) and this is the EVs for the main set for Rain Dance Jirachi 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD, you can also use Damp Rock.

Toxicroak is fine, seeing as it works well in Rain Dance teams and can SubPunch Snorlax and Empoleon.
That is true. Usually my Bronzong manages to knock them out on the switch. Which is why sometime I wonder if I should have Explosion (not for Gengar, but for battling in general) instead... But I think Gyro Ball may actually prove more useful.

Thanks a lot for the Jirachi nature and EVs. Plus, the item. Jirachi looks like he'll fit in a lot better now in this Rain Dance team.

Thanks, I think Swords Dance is a good idea. Do you think the EV distribution for Toxicroak is good?

Good point about Jirachi. I think Jirachi needs a little more focus on his special attacking ability. That said, would Water Pulse prove more useful than U-turn? Togekiss (and Dunsparce) sounds really interesting. However, I think I would prefer being 3x weak to ground, than 3x weak to electric. Thanks you very much for your input. ^_^

That is true. Usually my Bronzong manages to knock them out on the switch. Which is why sometime I wonder if I should have Explosion (not for Gengar, but for battling in general) instead... But I think Gyro Ball may actually prove more useful.

Thanks a lot for the Jirachi nature and EVs. Plus, the item. Jirachi looks like he'll fit in a lot better now in this Rain Dance team.
Even with the sexy 40% Confusion Rate and 50% boost, U-Turn is generally better here, due to the fact you can scout/damage while switching/take a hit if you're slower to switch in your Rain Dance Sweeper for "free".

Even with the sexy 40% Confusion Rate and 50% boost, U-Turn is generally better here, due to the fact you can scout/damage while switching/take a hit if you're slower to switch in your Rain Dance Sweeper for "free".
Point taken. U-turn has proven very helpful in the past (breaking a substitute and then switching to my Rain Dance sweeper was an amazing experience). I'll think I'll keep U-turn around now, thanks.

with gyardos you might wanna consider e-tivre for a motordrive boost and his ability to hit 13/17 types for SE damage
While Electivire's immunity to electric attacks would be welcome, I haven't found him that helpful personally. I usually don't have a big problem with electric attacks. However, he is always a Pokemon I'll take into consideration, but Toxicroak (which is most likely who Electivire would replace) just seems to more strategically fun to use in a Rain Dance team.

Any recommendations for a good Toxicroak EV spread? Or is mine good? Right now it's designed to outspeed bulky Gyara and Breloom.

The 24 hour bump.

I still have a few questions I''m hoping will get answered:

Should I consider changing Bronzong's EV distribution to focus more on defenses?

Is Toxicroak a good addition to this team? If so, are his EVs ideal?

Should I consider replacing someone with Kingdra or another Swift Swimmer?

Overall, does Jirachi look okay? Should I consider someone different like Vaporeon or Togekiss?

The 24 hour bump.

I still have a few questions I''m hoping will get answered:

Should I consider changing Bronzong's EV distribution to focus more on defenses?
No, they're fine.

Is Toxicroak a good addition to this team? If so, are his EVs ideal?
It benefits from Rain Dance, can take away your Empoleon/Snorlax problem not to mention the absorption of Toxic Spikes for an added bonus. So, yeah it's fine on your team. As for the EVs, if you want to use Swords Dance+attacks use 252Atk/6Def/252Spe (Jolly) but if you want to use Sub+Punch+attacks use 252HP/252Atk/6Spe (Adamant) just like the analysis says. Since you're probably phyiscal sweeping with Empoleon/Gyarados just stick with SubPunch without Swords Dance.

Should I consider replacing someone with Kingdra or another Swift Swimmer?
It's not really needed, but if you want Kingdra/something else to fit somewhere I suggest you replace Gyarados, but you can replace Emoleon instead if you'd like.

Overall, does Jirachi look okay? Should I consider someone different like Vaporeon or Togekiss?
Jirachi looks fine. It offers Rain/Wish support, it scouts and has useful resistance. Togekiss can be used if you'd like, but IMO I'd just keep Jirachi.
Answers in bold.

Wolf Illusion you're welcome.
Blue ever wall has to pack a bit power (to do more damage/2KO/OHKO..etc), and Bronzong is not an exception. Those are the standard EVs for the support set BTW, the only difference is that WI is running Rain Dance and Damp Rock.

This team is really shaping up. I do have a small concern for the repeated weakness to ground, but Gyarados and Bronzong (not including Mold Breaker) are immune, plus Ludicolo is resistant. Also, Empoleon usually knocks out Earthquake users with ease before they have the chance to attack.

Should I be concerned or am I okay?

This team is really shaping up. I do have a small concern for the repeated weakness to ground, but Gyarados and Bronzong (not including Mold Breaker) are immune, plus Ludicolo is resistant. Also, Empoleon usually knocks out Earthquake users with ease before they have the chance to attack.

Should I be concerned or am I okay?
3 weaknesses to ground, but 2 immunities and one resistance, so not really.
If you're really concerned about some Pokemon sweeping your team because of tri-ground weakness, you can take that Kingdra considration more if you'd like.

3 weaknesses to ground, but 2 immunities and one resistance, so not really.
If you're really concerned about some Pokemon sweeping your team because of tri-ground weakness, you can take that Kingdra considration more if you'd like.
Sorry for the really late reply. I'm currently moving, so I've had a really poor internet connection for the past week.

Anyways, MF, thanks a lot for your help. I've been testing out a Toxicroak with Stone Edge which seems pretty good. I have ran into a couple of instances when Taunt could have been more helpful.

Kingdra is great...but I think with Ludicolo pulling off the same strategy I don't really need Kingdra. So I plan on sticking with what I have now.

This is going to be my last bump, but if you think you see room for improvement let me know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)