Lady Gaga (Infernape) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 16 HP / 180 Atk / 60 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Focus Blast/ Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Flame Charge
- Bulk Up
I decided to switch out my beloved Beyonce/Blaziken for my Lady Gaga/Infernape, due to its DW ability boosting it to Uber Status. I may bring back the Blaze one, but for now, I’m happy with switching out and trying different Pokes. This is a my mixedApe because its STAB moves are of both forms of attacks, and its last slot has 3 choices for stat-boosters. As you can also see I was having trouble spreading EVs, but it has actually been working out fine on PO. I may end up using either Calm Mind or Bulk Up because they boost 2 stats at 1 time.

RollyPolly (Scolipede) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn
I can’t take full credit for this team, it mainly belongs to Zystral. The only change I made was that I changed T-Spikes to just Toxic, only because of the facts that Poison-types that would switch in would get rid of them, and it wouldn’t affect those that fly or use the ability Levitate. So, I delegated Spikes to take care of everything on land, while Toxic handles everything else.

Electus (Jolteon) (M) @ Magnet
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Yawn
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
This one handle the inside operations of the team, almost the same as my last one. By focusing on its Special Attack and its Speed, Jolteon can make the best of any situation on the field. I gave it Thunderbolt for STAB, Charge Beam to boost the already high special attack stat for its moves. I switched out Hidden Power [Ice] for yawn, just in case anyone wanted to stay in and try to take it out, and I added on Shadow Ball to take out the occasional Psychic type.

Geico (Sceptile) (M) @ Big Root
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Leech Seed
- Dragon Claw
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute
Used as my Water, Dragon, Bug, and, Flying counter. For the most part, with Max Speed it will for the most part go first more often than about 50% of the OU tier on this site. I had to switch D-Breath for Dragon Claw as combined with Leech Seed gave it an illegal moveset, but that makes things better in the long run as this is pretty much a Physical Sceptile. Leech Seed is used to recover some health, and added with Big Root it gains an extra 30% health with every health sap. Leaf Blade for STAB

KissyFace (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SAtk / 220 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
This lil’ bundle of joy packs a pretty mean punch, or should I say, a mean “slash” lol. My failed attempt at humor. Sorry, moving on. Since most attacks that come against Togekiss have been special-typed, to go with its already high Special Defense, I just upped its HP to the Max, giving it a fighting chance to counter with a T-Wave, Nasty Plot or 2 to up its attack power, then sweep almost anything. Then, round him all the way out with a nice Roost.

NewOrleans (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Avalanche
- Surf
- Earthquake
He could be my lead, but most of all, he is my tank and set-up wall. Avalanche to counter and Grass and or Bug Types. I thought about giving it Scald/Boiling Water as a Status infliction instead of Surf, this is still up in the air. I still gave it Stealth Rock just in-case Scolipede fails. It has almost Max HP and 216 Def to be able to take hits from Grass types and Physical attacks. Should I switch Ice Beam with Avalanche due to its speed? It gives off base 60, since it may attack last, if hit, it automatically goes to 120, and for those weak against it, 240 or even 480. Nevermind, after having a couple of battle with Ice Beam, I’m going to go with Avalanche.

Any responses to this team would be highly appreciated! And thanks to everyone who already has!

Infernape should have bulk up as it boosts two moves. If you choose bulk up have close combat instead of focus blast as it is better with bulk up if you don't mind the defence drops. For swamp I would have surf as togikiss and scolipede will be spreading status and the extra damage is welcome. I can't see any immediate counters with your FWG core with some other good types thrown in there makes them check there own counters. You mentioned swamps rocks are there just in case forretress fails if you mean scoli it is helpful for your team as any flyings that laugh at spikes get stabbed with rocks.

Sorry about the forretress part... some of it was copy and pasted from the other team and I forgot to edit that part out when I went back to check it. I'll go and fix that now.

Theres no need to put any spatk ev's into your lady gaga as it is only running atk moves, having said this i would suggest bulk up as it can counter your defense drop from close combat and boost it at the same time to unreasonable power.

Your jolteon looks good, but have you ever considered volt switch?
mainly for scouing purposes, i would maybe try over charge beam you dont want this guy getting trapped on something it cant handle, this way if you have volt switch you get a nice switching option whilst dealing some damage.

Theres no need for big root on your sceptile as you have no draining moves, i would maybe try a life orb to boost attack them get some hp back from leech seed.

Besides that good solid team, well done.

If a Bulk Up type move set is what you are looking for, the hopelessly frail Infernape is not your Pokemon. Conkeldurr is a much better option as his Defenses allow him to take hits before and after setting up. This spread is pretty standard:
Conkeldurr (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp.Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
Dark/Fighting offers great coverage, Drain Punch keeps him alive, Mach Punch cleans up stragglers and Guts gives you options for eating status.

If you'd rather keep Infernape, I suggest keeping his set plain and simple: get in, hit stuff, get out. Max his EV's in Attack and Speed and replace Flame Charge with Flare Blitz and Bulk Up with U-turn (Scout switches while keeping momentum) or Mach Punch for Priority. He'd also like Life Orb or some similar item.

thanks! Updated!

Big Root does affect Leech Seed.

And @ Backflip, I would use Conkeldurr, but EVERYONE uses it... and ppl have learned how to counter it by now...
And do you think it would be really helpful for me to have U-turn on Gaga if i already have Volt Switch on Jolteon?

His last move really depends on what you think you'll need more. U-Turn would help you most in predicting and scouting for counters like Starmie, HP Ice for Walls like Gliscor who think your straight Physical (also helps against Dragons before they dance or if they switch in), Mach Punch for priority clean up, etc. I only ever use a slightly customized Lead-nape set so I'm a bit unfamiliar with his other options.

Speaking of Dragons, I just noticed you have Sceptile listed as a Dragon check, but Dragon Claw will frequently only 2HKO (especially the bulkier variants) a lot of common Dragons even with hazards. No one on this team can really handle much more than one Draco Meteor/Outrage, much less switch into one and then do something, so thats another thing to consider. You might wanna Scarf Jolteon and put HP Ice over Volt switch or Yawn to ensure he can out speed and revenge, even if they manage a Dragon Dance or something.

I would suggest something like the popular Ferrothorn/Jellicent combo over Sceptile/Swampert. For Ferrothorn, Gyro Ball hits the speedy threats hard, Thunder Wave helps Togekiss sweep late game, and he can still Leech Seed/Stealth Rock with Swampert gone. Jellicent completely covers the fire weak while spreading crippling Will-o-Wisps and Ice Beams. However, like Conk, these guys are super standard, and would really overhaul your original team design, which isn't my business nor desire to do.

Naturally, this is all assuming a problem in the first place with Dragon Sweepers, which there very well may not be. Either way, Hoped to be Helpful.

I've been using this team on PO, and I felt Ape was somewhat OK with the moves he had (without UTurn). The only real problem he has is Reuniclus, in that case, Gaga would need U-Turn on her. But yea, Infernape has a couple good uses that utilize its movepool and its best stats.

My Geico has been able to handle Hydreigons so far, (the only Dragon ive been up against) with minimal damage. And if that is the case when it comes to Dragons, I have Swampert with Avalanche.

Thanks so much! This is what I need for my team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)